It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I think the producers will tie that in to one of her flashbacks.

maybe...

i just thought that she was weirded out that he was quoting stuff from the film

anythings possible with 'lost' (as we should all know by now)...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I did notice one thing about last night's episode that might have some significance. When that boy was quoting the Bible, after being brain washed in the weird room, Kate had a look on her face, like she had heard that phrase spoken to her before. Even when she went into the brain washing room, she noticed the same message about Jacob and had the same reaction. I think the producers will tie that in to one of her flashbacks.

I think Sawyer's reaction to it was a little more intriguing don't you? Standing there with his eyes glued to the screen, ignoring Kate...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I think Sawyer's reaction to it was a little more intriguing don't you? Standing there with his eyes glued to the screen, ignoring Kate...

yes...

it was a testament to the power of the brainwashing film

great stuff indeed...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What's interesting is that Kate and Alex weren't effected at all. Kate looked at it in disgust or shock or something but instantly helped Karl, while both of the males were hypnotised.

And its pretty obvious that this is 'The Room' Ms Klugh threatened Walt with.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What's interesting is that Kate and Alex weren't effected at all. Kate looked at it in disgust or shock or something but instantly helped Karl, while both of the males were hypnotised.

this in interesting...

i just thought that sawyer paid more attention to it that kate and alex did (as they were busy with karl)...

And its pretty obvious that this is 'The Room' Ms Klugh threatened Walt with.

i don't know about this (although it makes sense)...

i got the impression that the others wanted walt for his supposed physic powers...

maybe this room she was referring to was a physic-related room somehow...

plus, whenever walt appeared to people, he appeared to be wet...

maybe the room had water in it???

i miss miss klugh...

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hey...

i just noticed that the flagging feature has been added to BTS

if you have enjoyed this thread thus far, flag it

thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I gave it the 1st flag!

I get the impression Sawyer was more affected by Room 23 than Kate because when he finally looked at her, he looked as though he had just "snapped out of it" kinda, like he had forgotten they were there.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I gave it the 1st flag!

thanks...

I get the impression Sawyer was more affected by Room 23 than Kate because when he finally looked at her, he looked as though he had just "snapped out of it" kinda, like he had forgotten they were there.

me too...

i agree with you all the way here...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
here's what i think right now:

someone is going to be pissed...

why???

remember when pickett told juliette (???) that jack wasn't supposed to be on this mysterious jacob's list

well, its in my mind that ben put jack on the list because he was a spinal surgeon

this makes sense...

and, it appears to me that at least one "other," pickett, was pissed that jack was on the list...

maybe the others are keen to the idea that ben went against jacob's wishes...

and, to top off what my point of view is right now, when ben and company return back to otherville, the others living there are going to be pissed about what ben has done...

maybe those others (in the village) were kept out of the loop throughout all this time (or, at least, some information was held from them)...

yes, i believe that we are about to see the others fighting with eachother...

to furthur this, we have seen this before (pickett complaining about the list / juliette's trial / other examples???)...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just had a new idea... maybe Ben offed Jacob. Jacob was originally in charge and sent Ben to get Locke. But when he got Ben killed him and took control of the Others, and made them bring Jack to him so he could heal him.

When Karl mentioned death, he suddenly brought up his "God loved you as he loved Jacob" thing. Its just a crazy theory.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I just had a new idea... maybe Ben offed Jacob. Jacob was originally in charge and sent Ben to get Locke. But when he got Ben killed him and took control of the Others, and made them bring Jack to him so he could heal him.

i like it but, i think, the others respect (or respected) this jacob guy...

so, if anyone killed him, even ben, it would surely piss off every "other"...

When Karl mentioned death, he suddenly brought up his "God loved you as he loved Jacob" thing. Its just a crazy theory.

i think that karl quoting the film is just a testament to the power of the brainwashing (thus, he doesn't really respect jacob)...

here's what i'm working on now:

the others: outnumbered, outgunned, and outsmarted...

in this thread, i originally theorized that, in season three, we (the audience) were going to find out that the others really are the good guys...

although this may be a part of season three, i am beginning to become keen to something else: that the others are outnumbered, outgunned, and were outsmarted at least once...

i really hope you are thinking to yourselves something along the lines of: "how the heck can this be as the others have been on the island for so long before the survivors of the plane crash"...

yes, this is true; the others should have the upper hand as they should have much more island experience than the losties...

in fact, the others did have the upper hand...

they successfully scared the hell out of our little losties through various ways (just watch season 1 all over again)...

to get back on point, the crash of the plane was not planned for in any way (it was just a random crash, that's it)...

the above part of this really hurts me because i wanted some meaning for the crash and why those certain people were on that particular flight (but, sadly, i don't think this is what 'lost' has in store for us)...

proof for this is ben not knowing about desmond's boat (and, thus, he didn't know about desmond) and the fact that the others were amazed that the plane was breaking apart over their island...

okay, so now we have accepted that the crash was random...

thus, the others weren't expecting it in any way...

so now the others have a huge problem: they are outnumbered by all the survivors...

this scares the heck out of them (in fact, the fact that outsiders are on their island scares them / pisses them off)...

so, through master manipulation / fear tactics (basically everything in season 1), they kept the losties in check...

the others seemed to be sadistic: kidnapping survivors...

the others seemed to be invisible: never leaving tracks / etc...

the others seemed supernatural: the whispers...

etc, etc, and etc...

despite the others being outnumbered, they still had the upper hand...

then the others had another serious problem to deal with: the losties opened up the swan hatch only to find, among other important things, many guns and ammunition...

this scared the heck out of the others even more...

now they had an armed group of people that hated them for past conflicts...

did the others loose the advantage yet???

nope...

guns are useless if you don't know where the enemy is / the terrain of the present location...

but, guns should have helped the losties greatly...

okay, so now the others are outsmarted...

how???

- the losties found out about ethan / goodwin being others...

- the losties were quickly finding dharma stations...

- the losties were exploring the island a bit...

- the losties had ben in their captivity...

- any other examples???

the others probably thought that these losties were learning a lot about them...

this, too, is probably scaring the heck out of them right now too...

what i am trying to get at is that the others, although the audience / losties thought that they were invincible / infallible, have faults and have the odds against them...

they are outnumbered, outgunned, and outsmarted...

i have no idea what this will lead to, but i will guess that it might not look good for the others...

yes, its the others' island and they have great experience but the odds are against them and they are making mistakes...

the others are not all high-and-mighty, as we will see this season (i think)...

hell, as i posted above, the others are having internal conflicts right now:

- ben changing jacob's list...

- juliette (and other others???) wanting to leave the island, but are not allowed to...

- juliette killing pickett and her trial...

- the assumed separation of adult others and child / teenage others (like alex / karl not working with the others)...

- anything else???

i am open to all comments / questions

also, feel free to tear apart this theory if you see any holes in it...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A nice (long) theory I'm afraid I'll have to read later.

However, I do now really think they are good people. Everyone that was taken was there with Jack. They were all clean, well fed, shaven, and they seemed completely calm with what had happened. My little theory is that they've been given residences in Otherville, and their lives are a whole lot better than they would be if they were with the Losties.

I'm interested to see what becomes of Jack. Every episode I see him learning more about the Others in order to escape them, but a common problem is the more you learn of your enemy, the more their view becomes yours. It would be a WICKED twist if they had Jack willingly join up with the Others and betray Juliett.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

A nice (long) theory I'm afraid I'll have to read later.

yeah, i was bored last night so i typed it all out

on a side note:

a big thanks to those that gave this thread flags...

right now, it has 4 flags (and i didn't even flag it myself)...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here is what i am having a problem with right now:

was ben really on the island all his life???

this seems very unlikely based on what we know...

dharma started island projects during the early 1980s (remember: the "orientation" videos were dated around 1980)...

ben seems to be in his 40-50ish's...

what the heck was ben doing on the island (and how did he get there) pre 1980!?!?!?

okay, bear with me on this one:

(this is from my imagination and is not based on any evidence from the show)...

maybe ben crashed / traveled to (as it might not have been invisible at that time, as dharma had no presence there) the island...

now, ben would have to be in his mother's womb during the arrival on the island (as he is quoted saying that he spent his entire life on the island)...

it is possible that they (his mother and maybe others) survived on the island for a time (long enough for ben to grow up enough for him to fend for himself on the island)...

for some reason, the survivors cannot get help from the outside world (or maybe they don't want help and they traveled to the island for a better life!!!)...

the latter is very interesting...

then, dharma comes along and finds these people on the island that they, dharma, wanted to work on...

they let ben / the others (his mother / etc) help them...

in later events, ben somehow becomes the leader of the "others"

yeah, this is a bit of a stretch (but i was bored enough to think this all out and so i typed it)...

but, let's not forget the name of "jacob"...

i have heard (on the internet) that jacob was the father to a ben / benjamin in the bible...

we all should know by now that names are very important to 'lost'...

so, maybe jacob was the father to our ben

and maybe jacob was with ben on the island pre 1980's...

what do you think???

do you have any theories regarding how ben got on the island and how he spent all his life there???

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
My theory on Ben is alot less simple than yours!

I think that he was originally a 'bad man', but a genius. He was recruited to Mittleos (or a similar company) and was taken on a tour of the facility before committing.

Eventually, while on the Island, he came to understand the "One True Way" and was born again (like a Christian).

Thus he has spent all of his life that mattered to him on the Island.

I don't have theories on Jacob, but I believe that while Ben is in charge of the Others as a whole, Jacob must be the person who is in charge of collecting subjects for whatever the Others need them for. He probably has a low rank, but can potentially order Ben around (kind of like how a doctor in the military can order the Captain around if his health is in jeopardy).

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thus he has spent all of his life that mattered to him on the Island.

interesting...

i never thought about it like that...

He probably has a low rank, but can potentially order Ben around (kind of like how a doctor in the military can order the Captain around if his health is in jeopardy).

i don't know...

i have a feeling this jacob guy was higher in the ranks than ben...

the brainwashing video seemed to put an emphasis on jacob too...

plus, the fact that pickett was pissed that ben put jack on jacob's list could be a tell-tale sign...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The fact that Ben could just change what Jacob said seems to me like Ben has the power to make up his own rules. Danny seemed miffed, but there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't report it or anything.

Maybe Ben and Jacob had the same rank in the group, until Jacob either died or disappeared...

I been thinking about Rousseau lately, and I was thinking that maybe she wasn't entirely honest with Sayid. I get the feeling that she is in fact an other. Her 'scientific expedition' could have been related to the Island (either finding it or exploring it).
During her shenanigans with the Others, she and Ben had a fling behind Robert's (her partner) back and Danielle was conceived.
Robert found out and got angry, and tried to kill Ben and Danielle was forced to kill him to stop him killing the father of her child.
Danielle, who had taken an Other's life, was judged but because she killed to protect Ben, she was only marked and exiled.

Maybe when she says Robert got sick, his sickness was anger or 'bad' which the Other's are trying to cure (if they are following Mittlewerk's plan)

Its a long stretch but I've been reading too much into stuff!

[edit on 26/2/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Danny seemed miffed, but there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't report it or anything.

Maybe Ben and Jacob had the same rank in the group, until Jacob either died or disappeared...

yes, maybe our jacob is dead / off-island...

I been thinking about Rousseau lately, and I was thinking that maybe she wasn't entirely honest with Sayid. I get the feeling that she is in fact an other.

she is a very interesting character...

although she may be completely honest (as i suspect because she cared so much for finding her daughter), its very weird that she didn't interrogate ben herself when she captured him...

she gave ben to the losties way too easily...

if she wanted to find her daughter so badly, she should have kept him and interrogated him herself...

perhaps its just bad writing though

or maybe she and ben made a plan that said something like: if she helped ben infiltrate the losties, she would get her daughter back...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That plan makes sense. Kinda like the one he used to get Juliett to do what he wanted.

Or maybe, after she caught him he told her that Alex didn't know who she was (she was taken when she was a week old).
I get the feeling that now its been revealed Ben is Alex's "father" (either biological or not), there is obviously something going between Ben and Danielle, especially because she is the one who caught him.

Her jungle smarts seem to be a little too much for a scientist. She makes elaborate traps and she was even able to catch the leader of the Others!

I dunno, she just strikes me as odd. Where's her boat? Why has she survived so long on her own without the Other's either taking her or killing her?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Her jungle smarts seem to be a little too much for a scientist. She makes elaborate traps and she was even able to catch the leader of the Others!

well, being on an island for 16 years could make anyone have jungle smarts...

also, we can't rule out the possibility that ben got caught on purpose (as in he saw the net and walked in it)...

her line about if she wanted to kill him, she would have (when she shot him with the arrow), may be a clue about his importance to her (so maybe they did make a plane with each other)...

I dunno, she just strikes me as odd. Where's her boat? Why has she survived so long on her own without the Other's either taking her or killing her?

her boat may have been stolen by the others (they seem to have boats / submarines)...

and, yes, why did the others only take her child and not her???

and, being on the island for 16 years, how come she hasn't found "othersville" or the dharma hatches or anything else of importance???

she did have detailed maps of the island (and the surrounding islands), though...

here's what i have about "othersville:"

"othersville:" a perfect place to live, a place where one cannot leave...

it appears to me that othersville may have been a social utopia of sorts, or a perfect place to live (social utopias were what dharma was also studying)...

maybe no one was allowed to leave othersville for any number of reasons (or only a selected few)...

my original thought for this was born out of ben's line in the first episode this season (about him not being in the book club anymore)...

as he saw the plane breaking apart mid-air, ben realized what must be done (which was dealing with the losties, as i have described a few posts above)...

so, he along with others (ethan / goodwin / etc) left othersville and dealt with the losties in their famous ways...

once leaving othersville though, they accepted the fact that they could never return to the perfect society...

maybe the "others" never left othersville until the plane crashed...

there are many holes to this though: like the others dealing with the french lady / the real henry gale before the plane crashed...

i only support the above part because of the fact that the others didn't know about desmond and his boat...

there is also a huge hole with this theory: the others are going to othersville in the next episode...

it is possible that this is going to cause all kinds of hell for the others (maybe the others in othersville don't want ben and company to come back / the others in othersville being pissed about what ben has done)..

whether i am correct or way off, i can't wait until we see othersville again

[edit on 26-2-2007 by they see ALL]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join