It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I love seeing Othersville. Its like the illegitimate child of Desperate Housewives and Castaway!

Your theory is good but, as you say, the Others are going home tomorrow.

I don't think Danielle could have learned all those survival techniques after just being on the Island for a while. If she had no encounters with anything or anyone, the most dangerous thing there is are boars... dangerous but they aren't exactly trap or crossbow-making worthy...

Can't wait for tomorrow anyway (although technically it will be about Thurs I watch it.... UK and all that!)

btw TSA u like my Venom avvy? Trei chic non?

[edit on 27/2/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I don't think Danielle could have learned all those survival techniques after just being on the Island for a while. If she had no encounters with anything or anyone, the most dangerous thing there is are boars... dangerous but they aren't exactly trap or crossbow-making worthy...

well, she did experience the others very soon after arriving on the island...

so, knowing that there are other seemingly powerful (she thought they were invincible / they use whispers to communicate / etc) humans on the island, she could have been very prone to building great traps to catch humans...

as sayid noticed, she is a master survivalist...

i think, in a deleted scene (as i have read on the internet), she says that she traveled to the island to study time / magnetism...

now, if her team knew were the island was (and the weirdness of it), her team could have prepared accordingly...

btw TSA u like my Venom avvy? Trei chic non?

its alright...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
its a 'lost' night tonight

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
w0w, what a great episode

i really enjoyed it (even though we didn't get to see the others)...

my only complaint is that hurley found that car too easily...

the losties have been on the island for so long and, it seems, that they haven't explored it that much...

it only took hurley a few minutes to find the car (so this means that it was only a few minutes away from camp)...

its not a huge deal, but it was noticeable...

and, yes, i knew kate was going to the french lady when she was looking for help

the preview for the next episode, a sayid-centric one, looks amazing

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
have a look at two screen-caps of the new map we were shown in this episode:

linky...

linky 2...

EDIT:

check out the two previews for the next episode here:

linky 3...

[edit on 1-3-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
'lost' set to stay on air into 2010...

the producers have always stated that there is a definite end point to the show, but what if the show being on air through 2010 means that they will have to stretch out the story in a way that is not pleasing anymore???

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They are starting to milk the series a bit I think. They seem dead set on keeping it on for as long as its popular... unless they had already planned to keep it on past 2010...

How weird was that? I started thinking about Rousseau and then she was in the episode?!? I never saw any teasers and I don't watch the previews (torrents don't usually have them). Could I be the new Walt?

Of course not. Its not real. I mean.... hey, you with the beard! What are you doi... no, no..... NOOOOOO!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

They are starting to milk the series a bit I think.

did you like this episode???

i enjoyed it

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
hmmm, no talk in a while huh???

so:

take a look at my "mini-profile"...

its been "lostified"

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

did you like this episode???

i enjoyed it

I liked the episode, but I was referring to the series as a whole. I love Hurley's episodes because they are always funny, or so farfetched they are hilarious... I mean a meteor hitting his store as Trisha Tanaka walked in? Ridiculous but hilarious too.

I would love the show to stay on until 2010, but only if it stays as surprising as it is.
And when will we be seeing Penelope again outside of flashbacks? She's hot......

oh and I'm sure the character has some kind of significance or something.

[edit on 5/3/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I would love the show to stay on until 2010, but only if it stays as surprising as it is.

exactly...

this is my view too...

And when will we be seeing Penelope again outside of flashbacks? She's hot......

ehhh...

she is alright...

when i read spoilers, i read that we will be seeing that famous season two cliffhanger in a new way around mid-season three...

the plan might have been changed though...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
time for a "shout-out:"

Originally posted by fusion360
I can't see it lasting a while, I mean it looks expensive to shoot, not Fastlane expensive, but with all the action it can add up to a price. It would make a good movie, sort of the adult Lord of the Flies type, Im not sure but the show might be based on it. I cant see it over a season, but its a nice diversion from the sit-coms.

that thread was started on 23-9-2004...

its a good thing that he was wrong

just look at where the show is now

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty certain it's not going to last til 2010. A show that relies on a central mystery just cannot last that long without the audience demanding answers.

If they don't get them then the audience is slowly going to turn on the show (which is already starting to happen). If they bow to audience/studio pressure to reveal answers then the viewers will lose interest in the show and they'll pull the plug.

There's no way I can see viewers waiting another 3 years for the mystery to be unravelled, the viewing figures will start falling eventually and they'll be forced into revealing the big secret and the show just cannot continue beyond that. Just look at Twin Peaks.

The only thing that's different this time however is DVD sales. Even if viewing figures are low DVD sales can determine if a show continues these days, that's the only way the above will be prevented.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I'm pretty certain it's not going to last til 2010. A show that relies on a central mystery just cannot last that long without the audience demanding answers.

hey a new face...

and, yes, i know what you are stating...

plus, the article simply mentioned that the writers are signed until 2010 (so this doesn't really mean that the show will last until 2010)...

also, its abc's shows (sadly) and they have the ultimate call on when the show ends...

yes, i too get frustrated at the lack of answers at times...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We won't necessarily be kept waiting for answers. They could just give us answers to old mysteries then throw in some brand new ones!

And welcome to the LOST thread! Leave your life at the door, put on a DHARMA boiler-suit and start pressing that switch just to your left there.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

We won't necessarily be kept waiting for answers. They could just give us answers to old mysteries then throw in some brand new ones!

There is only one central mystery to the show, every other mystery around it is filler to keep that going. Once the central mystery is revealed the show will just not survive. Again, just look at Twin Peaks (it still hurts).

And welcome to the LOST thread! Leave your life at the door, put on a DHARMA boiler-suit and start pressing that switch just to your left there.

It's strange that you also say this, I've been commenting on this thread for a while, just not with alarming regularity!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
There is only one central mystery to the show, every other mystery around it is filler to keep that going. Once the central mystery is revealed the show will just not survive. Again, just look at Twin Peaks (it still hurts).

what mystery is that (in your opinion)???

is it island weirdness-related or more of dharma / the others-related???

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
'lost' is on tonight

see the two previews here:

linky...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i guess i should have mentioned this earlier:

i don't think that we will be seeing that building where that one-eyed man is going to be in tonight's episode for a long time...

recall the preview for 'flashes before your eyes:'

linky...

it shows scenes from tonight's episode (yeah, i was surprised to because that was so long ago) and it shows a building exploding (a building that looks like the one where that one-eyed man will be located)...

hopefully none of our losties will perish tonight

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm really slow

I just noticed tonight that the French woman used to play the role of Delynn on Babylon 5. I love that show. Hell, I've D/L'd every episode and watch the whole series from start to finish, every now and then.

Good show tonight though. I'm really getting into the series.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join