It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
You know, I never really watched television until I decided to watch the first episode of LOST.

Now I'm sitting here counting down the minutes

i had to ask my girlfriend if i could watch it :shk:

ahhh, i guess that's what love would do to you...

anyway, what a great freaking episode

i was extremely surprised that they had footage from the pilot episode in it...

actually, i was thinking that nikki and paulo's story should, logically, start from then, but i never thought it would happen...

it was nice to see dr artz / shannon / boone again...

and, i must admit, i would have been pissed at 'lost' if nikki and paulo somehow managed to escape burial / death...

what a great ending...

i can't believe they found the pearl before everyone else!!!

and it was awesome to see ben and juliet in the pearl too

w0w, i can't get over how cool this episode was...

umbrax, you better get your '300' propaganda out of here

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Man, another hot chick down the drain.

I couldn't help but feel bad for Paulo though. I mean, other than killing the old dude with poison and then robbing him, he seemed like an okay guy.

Buried alive? Eek! One way I don't want to go.

My question, were they conscious the whole time? Could they hear everything?

Twenty bucks says one of them makes it out alive.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh, I loved the bathroom spot too.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Man, another hot chick down the drain.

yeah, she was alright...

they both were added to 'lost' for one reason (now i am sure of it):

to bring up ratings by having pretty actors / actresses getting air time...

I couldn't help but feel bad for Paulo though. I mean, other than killing the old dude with poison and then robbing him, he seemed like an okay guy.

nah, i didn't like him too much...

Buried alive? Eek! One way I don't want to go.

that was one of the best endings this season...

Twenty bucks says one of them makes it out alive.

i think they were conscious, as the spider only paralyzes people (and kills them in time)...

none, i repeat, none of them better make it out alive...

also, does anyone think it was a bit of a coincidence that all those spiders came out from the jungle after she killed paulo???

smoke monster anyone???

i am inclined to believe in this...

Oh, I loved the bathroom spot too.

the bathroom in the pearl station???

yeah, that was an alight hiding spot...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Indeed. When they showed the last few minutes of the show, they would give a first person perspective through Nikki's eyes, to show what she was experiencing, and if you watch them shoveling the sand into the graves, you can see that they did it again (though her eyes were closed by Sawyer, so she may have opened them at the last minute).

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah, after a couple of shovelfuls there was a quick flash where Nikki opened her eyes.

Great episode, quite a few comic touches despite the macabre ending.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Great episode, quite a few comic touches despite the macabre ending.

i actually had to look up the word "macabre"

nice word

and, yes, it was a great episode (although, i can see complaints being born because of the lack of plot develop in terms of jack / kate / sayid / the others)...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
umbrax, you better get your '300' propaganda out of here

lol
But Paulo was so good in that movie.

Paulo will be back.
That was a pretty fun episode and everyone should be happy that Paulo and Nikki are buried alive.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

also, does anyone think it was a bit of a coincidence that all those spiders came out from the jungle after she killed paulo???

smoke monster anyone???

When that dude uhmmm forgot his name, the science teacher who got blown up, when he explains the medusa spider to nikki he says the spider's feromones are so strong that one tiny bit of it would attract the males in seconds. i'm guessing when the spider bit paulo it attracted all the male spiders who were nearby.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Can we assume that Paulo was already dead, when they found Nikki? The number of male spiders that came towards his body, is more than enough to kill a man. It's possible that after Nikki ran, the spiders were all biting Paulo, from smelling the female spider's scent.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

smoke monster anyone???

Definitely. There was even that kind of chittering sound that you hear before the monster appears just before the spiders came.

It was a great episode. At first I thought it was just a cheap way to tie both of them into what's happened so far, it was but it wasn't too.

And that ending was just...
I was actually sitting with my fingers around my eyes and squirming.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What a sick ending...And I agree with you TSA that they should NOT come back, cut something Locke said is nagging at me.

When Paulo is trying to bury the diamonds and Locke walks up, Locke says "Nothing stays burried on this island" :shk:, So maybe Nikki doesn't stay burried?

I say only Nikki because I agree with whoever said it above Paulo was probably dead when the Losties found him because of all of the male spiders that came out of the jungle. Paulo smashed the spider on his neck so he was probably covered in her scent...

As I'm writing this I realize the "Nothing stays burried..." has bigger implications...Boone, Shannon, Ecko, etc. Then again, We've already seen lots of dead come back like Jack's dad, Boone (in Johns vision), Ecko's brother.

Okay, must stop trying to figure it out before I go nuts...:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
lol
But Paulo was so good in that movie.

Paulo will be back.
That was a pretty fun episode and everyone should be happy that Paulo and Nikki are buried alive.

he was good in '300'...

but, that still doesn't mean he has a right to return from the dead on 'lost'

Originally posted by paperclip
When that dude uhmmm forgot his name, the science teacher who got blown up, when he explains the medusa spider to nikki he says the spider's feromones are so strong that one tiny bit of it would attract the males in seconds. i'm guessing when the spider bit paulo it attracted all the male spiders who were nearby.

dr artz did say that, yes...

but, when it comes to 'lost,' there can be many interpretations, right???

the smoke monster seems like a judge of sorts...

just look at what it did to ecko...

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can we assume that Paulo was already dead, when they found Nikki? The number of male spiders that came towards his body, is more than enough to kill a man. It's possible that after Nikki ran, the spiders were all biting Paulo, from smelling the female spider's scent.

i assumed he was dead just because of the fact that his face never changed expressions...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Definitely. There was even that kind of chittering sound that you hear before the monster appears just before the spiders came.

i will have to check that out...

Originally posted by tonedef
When Paulo is trying to bury the diamonds and Locke walks up, Locke says "Nothing stays burried on this island" :shk:, So maybe Nikki doesn't stay burried?

the producers have said that whatever dies on the island, stays dead...

now, are paulo and nikki dead???

i would say yes...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
here is the trailer for the next episode:

linky...

i wonder how kate manages to escape...

better yet, i wonder how the hell she managed to take juliet hostage...

and it would appear that kate is heading back to rescue jack again...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lost Boss Explains Last Night's Double Demise...

SPOILER ALERT for those who DVR/"videotape" Lost for later playback.... That the producers decided to kill off much-maligned castaways Nikki and Paolo on this week's episode may not have been a shock to fans. But how the greedy, murderous pair died provided one of the biggest twists — and thrills — of the season. (After being paralyzed by spider bites, the not-so-dynamic duo were buried alive — albeit unwittingly — by Sawyer and Hurley.) "People hated them before they even opened their mouths to say anything significant because it felt like they were crashing the party," exec producer Damon Lindelof acknowledges of the characters who were abruptly introduced last fall. "The easiest thing would have been to just write them out and forget they ever happened, like the cougar on [Season 2] of 24. But that's not Lost. We should at least own up to it."

Kiele Sanchez wasn't bothered by the criticism directed at Nikki and reveled in going out with a bang, yet wasn't too crazy about filming the burial scene: "I am horribly claustrophobic — I can't even have a blanket over my face — so I didn't have to do a lot of acting. I was genuinely terrified."

well, at least they took into consideration the fan's feelings

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
it's official: 'lost' is the most talked about show in BTS history...

here are the top five threads with the most replies in the 'television' forum in BTS:

#1: 'Lost:' Season Three Discussion (575 replies)...

#2: Heroes (452 replies)...

#3: Lost (364 replies)...

#4: Prison break (Official BTS Discussion on the Hit T.V. Show) (154 replies)...

#5: The Simpsons Trivia! (123 replies)...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Heh! I bet no one else noticed this. If anyone recorded the last episode, or TiVo it, watch the part where Nikki and Paulo are sitting outside and eating, while reading the newspaper about that old man's death (this was near the beginning). I noticed something strange catch my eye when the camera was focused on Nikki. I rewound and saw that they censored the left side of her chest. She must of had a wardrobe malfunction.

I guess if they didn't catch this, there would be many male viewers begging for ABC to bring her back.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Actually, I don't think that's why.

If anyone else has an HDTV that's big, look at her chest. I don't mean that way. Scientifically speaking here.

If you look, you'll easily notice stretch marks on her cleavage. They are pretty significant and noticeable especially when she was waltzing around in the red bra thing.

I think they were blending the stretch marks out, and eventually decided to stop.

This sort of post prod goes on all the time. Believe it or not, they go frame by frame and "air brush" that stuff.

Then again, you could very well be right.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

yes, you are right...

i heard it while i watched the episode again...

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Heh! I bet no one else noticed this. If anyone recorded the last episode, or TiVo it, watch the part where Nikki and Paulo are sitting outside and eating, while reading the newspaper about that old man's death (this was near the beginning). I noticed something strange catch my eye when the camera was focused on Nikki. I rewound and saw that they censored the left side of her chest. She must of had a wardrobe malfunction.

hey, i actually noticed that the second time i watched the episode

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join