It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
Just a thought as I am half asleep at 2:20 AM

Hmm, I think the counter monitors the search engines instead of links
(this particular script is found at www.google-analytics.com... )

other random facts about this counter,
it's starting point is 31 and it expires in 2038

Actually I am still with you guys on this, I really do believe they are holding us back a bit until they get whatever statistics they need, and bingo on that search engine stuff, I think they do log what search engine referred you, and since the site isn't showing up on search engines yet, maybe they are still waiting for that, to gather their statistics...

But about that 31, I have a hunch that is a red herring for count. In binary it is 00011111, and it is used in the code as a filter, as it is used like a&31 or similar, which is a bit screen, then it is bit shifted to the right by some amount, so the value 31 is totally lost.... So I am highly doubtful the 31 is any sort of count number.

Gave up awhile a couple hours ago to go watch a movie, think I will work some more now. Even if it doesn't help, I am curious as to what Google is so interested about concerning my surfing habits..

"Do no evil" go go google...

TheMesh

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
everyone needs to get black widow and go for 2 3 4 letters, shadow youll be done in half the time me or guy doing 6 letters is done, so why dont you start on 2 3 and 4 letters you might even finish close to us, we can also aim for everything up to 10 letters, although if shadow figures out how to split like half the 10 letter alphabet, it wont take as long as one guy doign the whole 10 someone go to A to L another goes from M to Z, i dont know how it would work, but it just might

hmm, don't think that's possible, because you need the letters to overlap :*(

anyways, i'll get 2 and i'll see about getting 3

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMesh

Originally posted by avonwodahs
Just a thought as I am half asleep at 2:20 AM

Hmm, I think the counter monitors the search engines instead of links
(this particular script is found at www.google-analytics.com... )

other random facts about this counter,
it's starting point is 31 and it expires in 2038

Actually I am still with you guys on this, I really do believe they are holding us back a bit until they get whatever statistics they need, and bingo on that search engine stuff, I think they do log what search engine referred you, and since the site isn't showing up on search engines yet, maybe they are still waiting for that, to gather their statistics...

But about that 31, I have a hunch that is a red herring for count. In binary it is 00011111, and it is used in the code as a filter, as it is used like a&31 or similar, which is a bit screen, then it is bit shifted to the right by some amount, so the value 31 is totally lost.... So I am highly doubtful the 31 is any sort of count number.

Gave up awhile a couple hours ago to go watch a movie, think I will work some more now. Even if it doesn't help, I am curious as to what Google is so interested about concerning my surfing habits..

"Do no evil" go go google...

TheMesh

I got 31 because that is what the count's script says is the starting variable

var r=0,t=0,i=0,i2=0,m=31;
var a=_uGC(_ubd.cookie,"__utma="+_udh,";");
if ((i=a.indexOf(".",0))0) r=a.substring(i+1,i2); else return "";
if ((i=a.indexOf(".",i2+1))>0) t=a.substring(i2+1,i); else return "";
var c=new Array('A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H','J','K','L','M','N','P','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z','1', '2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9');
return c[r>>28&m]+c[r>>23&m]+c[r>>18&m]+c[r>>13&m]+"-"+c[r>>8&m]+c[r>>3&m]+c[((r&7)30&3)]+c[t>>25&m]+c[t>>20&m]+"-"+c[t>>15&m]+c[t>>10&m]+c[t>>5&m]+c[t&m ];

i cut the last so that it wouldn't distort the page

[edit on 25-7-2006 by avonwodahs]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
at the bottom of the last page the guy wanted a link and how to use black widow, we could alwasy use another guy

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You guys were going so great using the clues,
why stop?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
What is Black Widow, Where do you get it and how do you use it. I'll do 2 and 3 if you tell me.

Sure

Blacwidow is a web spider that lets you scan sites, it's also free

to download: go to www.softbytelabs.com...
click BlackWidow v5

after you've instaled it, go to actions > link generator
you're "refering url" dosen't matter to much
for "Generator mask" type www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x].html
click generate
after it's dont coming up with combinations click scan
when it's dont scanning sort it by "filesize"
the correct answers will "float" to the top, because they're slightly larger (1,700 whereas normal ones are around 1,500)

that's about it I suppose, if you wanted to do 3 letters it would be
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][z,a,z,y].html

hope you have fun

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Playing the waiting game..
i can only hope they give the question when they have had enough hits and before my timer is out..

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This might mean nothing or it could mean everything.

But when question 16 came up for Tachyon (I think it was 16), I put in tachyonpulse, but then it was wrong so I put meant to put in tachyon by itself, but then I had a moment of dyslexia and put in pulse by itself. It came up with the "Out of sequence" page rather than the "Incorrect response" page.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
we lsot the best guys helping us, we got a fool proof new way, once we do like 15 letters theres no way it could have slipped past

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Okay, i'm off to bed, need to get my sleep, i'll be back in about 3 hours, maybe 4

have fun

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
where did, the_time_is_now go he u2u'ed me but never got back to me

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

we lsot the best guys helping us, we got a fool proof new way, once we do like 15 letters theres no way it could have slipped past

we'll have to have more people helping if we plan to get to 15 *wink wink nudge nudge to everyone not helping*

have you started scanning yet? i'm curious as to how many word combinations come from 5 letters

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
im almost at 2 mil, dotn go to sleep yet man stick it out an hour m,ore ill be gone in 4

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
#22 had 26 letters so don't think you can just stop at 15.

The number of possible combinations is rediculous, brute forcing with black widow is probably not the way to go.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
with 20 people going at once its possible, if you can reverse the array of letter from A-Z to Z-A you can get two guys going from both ends of a 15 letter one, the 20 letter one was the site name, nothing was that big

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

nothing was that big

Correction, nothing else has been that big so far.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
what is the plan guys? i want to help, although i think you are taking the wrong path. I think the answer is something simple

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
where is everyone? there hasnt been a response for lik 10 minutes

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
all the good guys left we think to work in private, i started brute forcing it, theres almost 12 million combinations fora FIVE letter word, this is so lame, itll never work, we need to find those real good puzzle guys and whoever find them or gets invited tell the rest here, ebcause evn the noobs in this thread left, I WANT TO BE IN ON IT

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

all the good guys left we think to work in private, i started brute forcing it, theres almost 12 million combinations fora FIVE letter word, this is so lame, itll never work, we need to find those real good puzzle guys and whoever find them or gets invited tell the rest here, ebcause evn the noobs in this thread left, I WANT TO BE IN ON IT

well i will work with you, i think you are going down the wrong path, and i dont think a word has a damn thin to do with it at all, they wouldn't make it impossible. It's something simple like they all have been. Just overlooking something

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join