It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Morning all!,

not ALL the n00bs left, I'm here

I needed sleep as i was working on this till 2 am last night.
How far are we up to?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
Morning all!,

not ALL the n00bs left, I'm here

I needed sleep as i was working on this till 2 am last night.
How far are we up to?

same one. everyone left to work in private with each other.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
everyones offline, its us 3, im trying all 5 letter combinations, some guy did 1-1 000 000, and somone took all 6 letter words, until mines doneill still try to work this out, this is a doozie

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Maybe thats digging a bit too deep? I think that we just have to wait for site traffic to increase maybe?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
well i dont know what the hell you guys are doing. what 5 letter word? and how do you know it even means anything"

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
deny ignorance, deny the obvious

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
were brute forcing words, its useless but might turn something up

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Morning guys.

I see the text "r36" was added to the bottom of the page. Has that already been covered by somebody?

Are we still waiting for them to change the question?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
YEAH.Still waiting for traffic numbers to generate a new question. but some guys r trying to hack it

woops typo. dyslexics of the world tnuie

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Anyone know the significance of the r36 at the bottom of the page?

EDIT can someone tell me why we are looking for a number? I forgot

[edit on 25-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Working on it but no luck so far.

I've tried revision, return, resume, reserve, with "36" and "thirtysix". I even tried "arrrrghh"...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Working on it but no luck so far.

I've tried revision, return, resume, reserve, with "36" and "thirtysix". I even tried "arrrrghh"...

I thought someone said to look for a number rather than a word?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Dont' know about that Billdoor, the "r36" appeared overnight so I'm not sure who else's working on it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
my god, r36 is a counter, dont care about it right now we need to focus on the clues given by the question, dialouge whatever, a couple pages back or last page someone brainstormed ideas and stuff, leave the r36 alone, pointless

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Okay, for the record we're not hacking it, we're just using spiders to run through every possible letter / number combination and have it report any hits back to us,so far nothing has turned up that we dont already know, althought i havn't checked on the 5 and 6 letter words

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
Here is my complied works as of nearly the last two hours...I know many of you may believe other clues exist (they can), but you must keep in mind that there has yet to be an outside of the site clue (non-research) other than tags. Other posts, blogs, sigs, weird coincidences, etc. may or may not be clues. the main point is that they have been proven unnecessary in solving problems. Okay my analysis:

---------------------------------------------------
Initial thoughts
level error you are not yet worthy [perhaps another discouraging message to stop from continuing]

distribute this site URL far and wide [believed to have a literal sense since many messages have appeared before this to spread the site and ATS stated it has a relationship with the prize...this line should be taken literally]

the value of the reward depends upon it [100% correlation with previous statement..no two seperate meanings]

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest [last time a degree of difficulty was mentioned, the response included a remark against the challenge 'givemethehardones'..with everything else, hard to tell if it is key]

(a)This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, (b)the result of spreading the URL, (c)reach the expected number. [big line, many hidden messages.. go part by part...]

(a)last time there was mention of a delay, no actual planned delay existed, rather it was a discouraging message. key words: site traffic, levels, version
(b)references the second line of text, again seemingly in a literal sense
(c)stating that there is a goal number. however, ATS states that there is no upper limit to the counter and that there has been no clues leading toward manipulation of the counter or an 'expected number'.

Tags as Possible Clues

patience
site traffic (verified TFATE traffic)
urchin

Strongest Clues

site traffic
urchin
level(s)
version

Main Analysis

the answer is either a clever phrase stating one of two things:
stating a negative against promoting the site [or]
stating a completion of promoting/reaching a level at the site

or the answer is research based combining several elements with the central part 'urchin' combined with urchin abilities, statistical displays, levels and/or versions of the software

Conclusions

from analysizing the information, one of three possibilties is present.

(1) The answer must be a clever phrase because the 'researched' answer is missing a third component/clue. From past research-based answers, there was only ever a need for two components making the field of research narrow. For example, #14 stumped us for a while "subject at 8". Two clues (the difference between now and then was that the clues were obvious and now are hidden) 'subject' and 'at 8' made it narrow enough to research the answer. As of now, we have one narrow clue 'urchin' but only secondary traits associated with it.

(2) The answer may be research based and we have never discovered the remaining 'direct' clue that, combined with 'urchin' narrows down to a practical place to start searching. Therefore, finding another clue may still be necessary.

(3) There are enough clues and I have not been able to deceipher their meanings to create a valid place to start research.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay so basically, I see those three bottom options at the bottom...and I would like everyone to make a strong effort at those three...perhaps all on the same so we may collaborate together on a similar topic.

Please someone make some disscussion on this so we can get going. I haven't read a post in a while that makes any strong ideas, theories, or suggestions that may lead to answering this.

-Prof. X

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
just my thoughts on the r thing after reviewing the last several pages of this enormous thread. For me it seems possible that it means riddle. Since it first appeared as r 32 as for riddle 32.. Also somebody checked the source and said the initial variable for r was 31. So my guess is it means somebody is on riddle/question 36 now.... Anyways, guys, take it easy and don't lose any sleep over this. It's not that entertaining either...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Dont' know about that Billdoor, the "r36" appeared overnight so I'm not sure who else's working on it.

Hmmm, its just that having a look at the source of the page now with the r36 on it, the font colour is different and the code is:

r36

so there is a number.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
dude i was 7 out of 11.8 mil into the 5 letter combinations and my computer crashed, ill run it again tonight, and in the morning scan and whatnot, how much loinger does scanning tage over generating the things

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
and the blog says were the farthet group of people, r36 doesnt mean riddle 36, hunt said its a limitless counter that its good to be higher on it

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join