It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 133
2
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs

Originally posted by AmericanPop
Once again, what is the url to the current question please?


beingtheoneworthy.html is the latest one we have as of now, i'm going to try brute force and use a program that will test all the letters and numbers and relay any hits back to me, wish me luck


What program is this that you will be using?




posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ok wow, on the new page, if you check the source code, you should find some _javascript. And when I try to put in some words from the source I get answer out of sequence.



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
as far as scanning the website goes (havn't finished with the first scan, have 4,000 sites left roughly out of 9,999)


Are you scanning 0-9,999 or 0-9999 (note the lack of a comma cuz we havn't seen any punctuation so far)?

[edit on 7/25/06 by redmage]



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm now up to speed ...

Thanks. I've also linked that site on a couple high-volume forums I frequent just in case.



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
How much time have you guys got left on your clocks? 25.05 on mine.

I hope they give us enough questions so it doesnt run out. that,d suck



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
How much time have you guys got left on your clocks? 25.05 on mine.

I hope they give us enough questions so it doesnt run out. that,d suck



Funny thing ... When I started playing, the counter read 34893271.05 hours left to answer. (Or something along those lines.

Now it reads 32 hours.



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
How much time have you guys got left on your clocks? 25.05 on mine.



"You have 30 hours, 41 minutes, and 15 seconds to respond correctly"



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You have 33 hours, 10 minutes, and 33 seconds to respond correctly.


I used the ip link this time



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You have 24 hours, 13 minutes, and 6 seconds to respond correctly.


like always i get screwed

or am i just a step ahead? lol i wish

[edit on 25-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

[edit on 25-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Am I right in doubting that the 'question will be reverted' once site traffic has 'leveled off'?



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i'm scanning 0 - 9999 ( i just add the comma in there to confuse people
)
the program i'm using is called blackwidow, it can be downloaded for free ( www.softbytelabs.com... )
the way to easily sort out an actual answer is sort it by filesize and all the answers will "float" to the top (they're around 1,700 bytes in size, other ones are around 1,500 )



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just noticed, the "kiss keep it simple stupid" tag had been removed. I noticed the box was smaller, and it took me a couple minutes to remember what was there, and is missing now. I guess it was'nt an official clue.



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
Am I right in doubting that the 'question will be reverted' once site traffic has 'leveled off'?


It will be something like that, me thinks.



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I know this has been discussed before but I wanna go back to it. Why is it that when you click on the icon "the final answer to everything" it takes you to page 101 TO A VERY SPECIFIC POINT on the page where someone says:
answer is "this.html" next question, "how?"

Here's what I think...
I think we are still on that stage. The answer beingtheoneworthy might take you somewhere but not to the next question.
It''s like, you say you're the one worthy and they're saying eventually, yes, when it comes to the final answer (so your answer is not completely wrong) but right now you're on question 31.
By saying you're the one worthy you're trying to jump ahead, which creates...pause for effect...
a level error. Don't rush it...(patience is a virtue)
Maybe we're still on the "how?"

If you disagree please explain the first part of my post. Why would it take you there?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Theodwra]



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
i'm scanning 0 - 9999 ( i just add the comma in there to confuse people
)
the program i'm using is called blackwidow, it can be downloaded for free ( www.softbytelabs.com... )
the way to easily sort out an actual answer is sort it by filesize and all the answers will "float" to the top (they're around 1,700 bytes in size, other ones are around 1,500 )


incase anyone is using it, I'm using the "link generator" (actions > link generator)
my "Generator mask" is
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,1,9999].html

however, if you wanted to do letters, it would look like:
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y].html
for a three letter combination (about 18,000 possible combinations)
[x(defining this variable),a,z(defines X's range it's a-z)]
[y(defining this variable),a,z(range for Y),x(defines previous variable to add on to)
hopefully you can figure this out



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
i'm scanning 0 - 9999 ( i just add the comma in there to confuse people
)
the program i'm using is called blackwidow, it can be downloaded for free ( www.softbytelabs.com... )
the way to easily sort out an actual answer is sort it by filesize and all the answers will "float" to the top (they're around 1,700 bytes in size, other ones are around 1,500 )


Where do I go to download it? What part do I click on on the page?



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
OKAY GANG! ITS GO TIME!!!


I have finished my "critical thinking" session which took a whole hour. I spent this time analysizing the information available from different perspectives, including the game designer's. I will post my important, organized notes and conclusions with how to take action in a few minutes. I left the forum b/c there was too much nonsense and newcomers that I could not stay focused. There will be two paths to choose from (yes, i narrowed it down to something) and I say we vote on which to pursue first.

I hope there are still some of you out there willing to start digging...we need to be organized and stick to a plan (even if you don't believe in it). If you don't want me to organized this, than say so and i'll let someone else lead.


-Prof. X



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ok so I have some free time, can anyone update me? Last time I checked it said the level error thing...



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now

Originally posted by avonwodahs
i'm scanning 0 - 9999 ( i just add the comma in there to confuse people
)
the program i'm using is called blackwidow, it can be downloaded for free ( www.softbytelabs.com... )
the way to easily sort out an actual answer is sort it by filesize and all the answers will "float" to the top (they're around 1,700 bytes in size, other ones are around 1,500 )


Where do I go to download it? What part do I click on on the page?


go to www.softbytelabs.com...

click downloads (direct link: www.softbytelabs.com... )

click BlackWidow v5
(direct link: www.softbytelabs.com... )



posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
OKAY GANG! ITS GO TIME!!!


I have finished my "critical thinking" session which took a whole hour. I spent this time analysizing the information available from different perspectives, including the game designer's. I will post my important, organized notes and conclusions with how to take action in a few minutes. I left the forum b/c there was too much nonsense and newcomers that I could not stay focused. There will be two paths to choose from (yes, i narrowed it down to something) and I say we vote on which to pursue first.

I hope there are still some of you out there willing to start digging...we need to be organized and stick to a plan (even if you don't believe in it). If you don't want me to organized this, than say so and i'll let someone else lead.


-Prof. X


Prof, what do you think about what I just said?



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

log in

join