It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
k, well i'm gonna scan all the two letter words, and maybe the three will you're gone

K, finished the two letter words, nothing to note, working on three letter words right now

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
summary of answers so far:

we've had 7 answers with 1-10 numbers
we've had 1 answer with numbers and letters
we've had 23 answers with just letters ranging from 3-26 characters

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the fact that Level Error was in bold kept reoccuring in my mind, perhaps there is a reason as to why it's bold, typicaly when something is bold it's to add emphasis
so i wiki'd it, the closest thing was a ErrorLevel,

An errorlevel is an exit code returned by an executable program or subroutine, used to indicate success or failure. The value of the errorlevel returned by the function or program may indicate the cause of failure. On many systems, the higher the value of returned errorlevel, the more severe the cause of the error. Errorlevels typically range from 0 (indicating success) to 255 (a severe error). In DOS there are only 255 error codes available, which can be defined by the programmer. Some programmers consider that the correct name for errorlevel would be "return code." However, DOS uses the command IF ERRORLEVEL to determine return codes, so the term errorlevel is frequently used.

en.wikipedia.org...

think this is meaningless? or is it just a coincedence that they introduced programs (urchin in particular) into the game on this clue

[edit on 25-7-2006 by avonwodahs]

[edit on 25/7/06 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

There's a new tag everyone

Spam
maybe refering to certain people
spamming the site with random urls in hopes of a hit, who on earth would do something like that?

I entered the spam tag

I think spam with comercial or malicious intentions is wrong but in this case i see no problem on doing a litle spam...there is a reward for the one who finds the answer aftherall...

I have a couple of .txt files with millions of emails but never used it and don´t know how to use it...but of you agree on this idea we can think of it...

it will increese dramaticaly the pageview of the website...

I can mail the .txt files to someone who can use it

[edit on 25-7-2006 by derfred33]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33

Spam
spamming the site with random urls in hopes of a hit, who on earth would do something like that?

I entered the spam tag

I think spam with comercial or malicious intentions is wrong but in this case i see no problem on doing a litle spam...there is a reward for the one who finds the answer aftherall...

I have a couple of .txt files with millions of emails but never used it and don´t know how to use it...but of you agree on this idea we can think of it...

Can you send the .txt file to me?

avonwodahs@gmail.com
(watch me get tons of spam or penis enlargement emails,Any second now)

Edit: it posted twice, can someone delete this one?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by derfred33

Spam

I entered the spam tag

avonwodahs@gmail.com
(watch me get tons of spam or penis enlargement emails,Annnnnny second now)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

the fact that Level Error was in bold kept reoccuring in my mind, perhaps there is a reason as to why it's bold, typicaly when something is bold it's to add emphasis
so i wiki'd it, the closest thing was a ErrorLevel,

An errorlevel is an exit code returned by an executable program or subroutine, used to indicate success or failure. The value of the errorlevel returned by the function or program may indicate the cause of failure. On many systems, the higher the value of returned errorlevel, the more severe the cause of the error. Errorlevels typically range from 0 (indicating success) to 255 (a severe error). In DOS there are only 255 error codes available, which can be defined by the programmer. Some programmers consider that the correct name for errorlevel would be "return code." However, DOS uses the command IF ERRORLEVEL to determine return codes, so the term errorlevel is frequently used.

en.wikipedia.org...

think this is meaningless? or is it just a coincedence that they introduced programs (urchin in particular) into the game on this clue

the word "code" popsup ...doesn´t it

i don´t have the site open rightnow, but have you tried "nextlevel"
"gotonextlevel"
"level (the number of the next question)"

and variations of this?

[edit on 25/7/06 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Okay after reviewing the last few questions maybe the answer can be found by looking at this..

qn30. prize?
an30. this
qn31. how?
an31. beingtheoneworthy
qn32. LEVEL ERROR "you are not yet worthy"
an32. ??

something to do with a final test, becoming worthy? etc

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi Guys, hows it going?
Can anyone give a quick update on where we are at?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The answer will be out within an hour or two!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

avonwodahs@gmail.com
(watch me get tons of spam or penis enlargement emails,Annnnnny second now)

its on the way

the file is 12 megs 2 million emails

I got it on emule and did a scan with kaspersky I found no virus or trojans but please check it out you too.

let´s hope the gmail accepts a file that big...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

What does that mean, are you claiming to be an insider?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
[size=10]

If anyone sends out mass-email spam advertisements regarding the website and anything else related, we will very likely end the game.

There are other ways to satisfy the current requirement.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

What does that mean, are you claiming to be an insider?

No, I left the game 12 hours ago because I think that we are not in control of the length of the game therefore, answers come out when they are supposed to and not before. When I got up this morning, I expected to see that we were on the same answer, and we are. So I deduce that in order for the game not to stagnate and to rekindle interest, it will soon start back up with some proxy ID posting some revelation or another.

[edit on 25/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
you are not yet worthy
URL

UR not yet worthy

L = not yet worthy? Just a thought.

I'm pretty certain the answers a number though.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I see we're still not worthy. I feel so wayne and garth

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ahhhh we have invoked the abovetopsecret.com AHHH. This is a great game. Its hard as hell too.

I am punching away at various terms, I have gotten a ton of ERROR: Out of Sequnece messages, alot of em too.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi I'm new. I've lurked here for years and joined because of this game. However, for some reason I can't play it. No input section is available on my screen when calling the website up. It appears as read only.

However, I wanted to put my two cents in as I've been watching all of you on this game for a couple of days now.

I wonder if the error message is correct as the last input at question 31 is incorrect "beingtheoneworthy." and, thus, the error message indicates a dead end.

has anyone tried at question31 to state "iamtheoneworthy" or "ihavebecometheoneworthy?

Also, in the tags is something about going down the rabbit hole. can the answer at the question how be "bygoingdowntherabbithole"?

donno. just thought i'd throw this out there

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Anyone notice this from a few days ago?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunshine7
Hi I'm new. I've lurked here for years and joined because of this game. However, for some reason I can't play it. No input section is available on my screen when calling the website up. It appears as read only.

Welcome to ATS sunshine hope you enjoy your stay.

You enter the answer in your address bar with .html at the end

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join