It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
my god, r36 is a counter, dont care about it right now we need to focus on the clues given by the question, dialouge whatever, a couple pages back or last page someone brainstormed ideas and stuff, leave the r36 alone, pointless

r36 is not a counter. It's hardcoded text and it wasn't there at the time the last question was answered. Therefore the page has been modified, and since we're waiting for the page to be modified, I think it's far from pointless. Anyway, to each their own.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
it started at 31 then it went to 32 when we noticed it then we saw it go to 35 then 36, sodont tell me what you know, we also figured out the urchin was the source of the complexity to this site

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

dude i was 7 out of 11.8 mil into the 5 letter combinations and my computer crashed, ill run it again tonight, and in the morning scan and whatnot, how much loinger does scanning tage over generating the things

ouch, it should take a bit longer, maybe ten times longer

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well that's fine if you're already aware of it. I did ask if anyone was working on it, nobody answered. Mine just appeared at r36.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
uselessman it was about 100 minutes per 6 mil that means 200 for the whole thing give er take, and add a 0 to that and we got 2200 minutes / by 60 which is 36 hours which is a day and a half altogether for something thatll turn up nothing

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Okay, i don't think that the numbers 1 - a million will turn up to much unknown stuff, the questions are no longer mathemactical, but have evolved into wordpuzzles, anyone have a good reason for me to stop number searching and get cracking at 2 and 3 letter words?

link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

my god, r36 is a counter, dont care about it right now we need to focus on the clues given by the question, dialouge whatever, a couple pages back or last page someone brainstormed ideas and stuff, leave the r36 alone, pointless

r36 is not a counter. It's hardcoded text and it wasn't there at the time the last question was answered. Therefore the page has been modified, and since we're waiting for the page to be modified, I think it's far from pointless. Anyway, to each their own.

i was arguing at this guy, since an admin tod us, its pointless NOW but soon

link   
Good morning!
After going to bed at 5am unable to get any further with question 32 i decided to get some sleep..
can someone remind me of the cookie script that tells you what question your on?
btw professor x's disassembly of the text i think will prove very useful!

quote: Originally posted by Professor_X
Here is my complied works as of nearly the last two hours...I know many of you may believe other clues exist (they can), but you must keep in mind that there has yet to be an outside of the site clue (non-research) other than tags. Other posts, blogs, sigs, weird coincidences, etc. may or may not be clues. the main point is that they have been proven unnecessary in solving problems. Okay my analysis:

---------------------------------------------------
Initial thoughts
level error you are not yet worthy [perhaps another discouraging message to stop from continuing]

distribute this site URL far and wide [believed to have a literal sense since many messages have appeared before this to spread the site and ATS stated it has a relationship with the prize...this line should be taken literally]

the value of the reward depends upon it [100% correlation with previous statement..no two seperate meanings]

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest [last time a degree of difficulty was mentioned, the response included a remark against the challenge 'givemethehardones'..with everything else, hard to tell if it is key]

(a)This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, (b)the result of spreading the URL, (c)reach the expected number. [big line, many hidden messages.. go part by part...]

(a)last time there was mention of a delay, no actual planned delay existed, rather it was a discouraging message. key words: site traffic, levels, version
(b)references the second line of text, again seemingly in a literal sense
(c)stating that there is a goal number. however, ATS states that there is no upper limit to the counter and that there has been no clues leading toward manipulation of the counter or an 'expected number'.

Tags as Possible Clues

patience
site traffic (verified TFATE traffic)
urchin

Strongest Clues

site traffic
urchin
level(s)
version

Main Analysis

the answer is either a clever phrase stating one of two things:
stating a negative against promoting the site [or]
stating a completion of promoting/reaching a level at the site

or the answer is research based combining several elements with the central part 'urchin' combined with urchin abilities, statistical displays, levels and/or versions of the software

Conclusions

from analysizing the information, one of three possibilties is present.

(1) The answer must be a clever phrase because the 'researched' answer is missing a third component/clue. From past research-based answers, there was only ever a need for two components making the field of research narrow. For example, #14 stumped us for a while "subject at 8". Two clues (the difference between now and then was that the clues were obvious and now are hidden) 'subject' and 'at 8' made it narrow enough to research the answer. As of now, we have one narrow clue 'urchin' but only secondary traits associated with it.

(2) The answer may be research based and we have never discovered the remaining 'direct' clue that, combined with 'urchin' narrows down to a practical place to start searching. Therefore, finding another clue may still be necessary.

(3) There are enough clues and I have not been able to deceipher their meanings to create a valid place to start research.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay so basically, I see those three bottom options at the bottom...and I would like everyone to make a strong effort at those three...perhaps all on the same so we may collaborate together on a similar topic.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
ill do 2-3 you do 4 . googogogoog

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
just to remind everyone of what it said on qn1 it may help

RESPOND ("/[answer].html")

"In sequence there are 40 and 41 is final."
- Keeper Of The Answer, S.S.O.

Between responses, no more days than three.

this reward to the one worthy

i was concentrating on the "in seqeunce there are 40 and 41 is final"

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

ill do 2-3 you do 4 . googogogoog

sounds like a plan

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I have reason to believe that it is a counter, maybe not one that automaticaly updates, but the gamemaster(s) are using it to count/keep track of something

[edit on 25-7-2006 by avonwodahs]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
There's a new tag everyone

Spam
maybe refering to certain people
spamming the site with random urls in hopes of a hit, who on earth would do something like that?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs

Spam
spamming the site with random urls in hopes of a hit, who on earth would do something like that?

LMAO

EDIT Not me im not that technical

[edit on 25-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR

Spam

LMAO

hehe

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR

Spam

LMAO

hehe

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
what the hell is a computer, dude black widow messes up and syas every attempt under link errors either cannot establish or cannot resolve host, and i cant sort anything its all failing

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

what the hell is a computer, dude black widow messes up and syas every attempt under link errors either cannot establish or cannot resolve host, and i cant sort anything its all failing

what does it say the url is for the error messages?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
im going to bed ill get up in 8 hours, peice, i really hope theres 50 threads for me to read becuase i want progress, night guys

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
k, well i'm gonna scan all the two letter words, and maybe the three will you're gone

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join