It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
great idea i'll do it now

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Can we try not posting so much junk on this thread? It's really annoying that I leave for 3 hours and have to sort thruogh 10-20 pages. I left of at page 120 last night and slept my first minuute for the first time since this game started and I ended up at 140, with no further development.

It gets kinda annoying. Sorry for the grumpiness, but 3+ days of no sleep will do that to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Question 28 had remember in quotation marks.
re-member?
rem-ember?
...some other meaning of remember...synonyms?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't know what happened, but my ATS points just went up by 500. Can't say that this has ever happened before.

Hmmmmm, wonder if my suggestion had anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks Kuhl, you're a rock star!

As an aside, once Kuhl gets this new thread up, I'd suggest that those of us sticking this thing out add the link to our sigs. There'll no doubt be 10 million people'll who'll still ask the same questions, but at least now we can just throw up the link.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ok I'm back and ready to tackle it. I had a few ideas when I was at work and I'm going to try them as soon as I enter all my answers in again.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
freenrgy2 does have a valid idea...

Perhaps, in order to distribute, we need to post the link on other sites and have people click on it from those places. It would be an easy test to see if the 'r' counter goes up.

Does anyone have multiple workstations nearby to test this theory? I am thinking that if someone works in an office, or is at a college with 5 PC's nearby they could run a few tests to see if it is possible to increment the R number by visiting from an 'outisde' link. By outside link, I mean a direct link to the game (or a link provided on a site not affiliated with ATS).

I believe you are onto something with the 'r#' being a counter we need to increment somehow.

link   
Sounds like Freenrgy2 may be on to something and maybe we should Google Bomb something like "Final Answer"?

I haven't updated my blog in over a year, but maybe some of you might wanna put it on your blogrolls...

link   
O.K. I'm sure that my suggestions has something to do with the next question because of an U2U that I received from the forum staff.

So, start linking the site from elsewhere, be it a messageboard, your own site, etc..

As people click on the links, the 'r' value will increase.

edit: Just make sure you abide by the ToS...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi Fivers did my UVU............tag help you solve the answer? ,I f so nice one if not you did brill on that one m8

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The tag "Site Traffic" leads to This post which talks about linking to ATS from different sites through advertisement banners. Maybe we can make a cool banner that links to thefinalanswertoeverything and spread it around to other message boards.

Freenergys applause seems to lead this way.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Agreed. so does the Tag 'urchin' which was the former name for this application:

www.google.com...

Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.

We appear to be on the right track, now spread the word.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
adserver.abovetopsecret.com...

we could use this one linked to the website:

www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by derfred33]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.

This is what grabbed my attention last night after going to the above and doing a bit of reading. Remember that there is that sentence in yellow that reads "it is important to distribute the site" when inputting a non-correct answer.

Link On!!!!

Tag added: distribute the link

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Question:

What exactly do they want you to link to? If you link to the game and the game ends, what uses are the links....unless the game goes on and on and on and on and on and on....you get the picture.
Why would they want you linking to the game if it is gonna end anypoint soon?

So if they want to link to ATS in general, this would make more sense so a lot of the links stay in place and continue to serve ATS for many more weeks, months, if not years! It doesn't make sense to market yourself this way unless there is clarification of what is being linked.

So if you link to thefinalanswertoeverything.com, what's the point? won't they all be dead links when the game is over? Or does the game have an end? and the marketing and the idea is for it to be a perpetual game. As people get bored with it, they have been introduced to ATS and the game continues with new users, potentially, infinitely.

Yeah, I'm still paranoid about this game.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
okay guys

if you want a realy big forum you can try the parkflyers topic on the rcgroups.com (more than 500.000 posts)

i´d link to :

www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

and explain that the game is discussed here...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by derfred33]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I did a search for the biggest forums and found the following link:

www.big-boards.com...

I am in the process of posting to offtopic.com -- does anyone else want to join me in posting to these large forums (abiding by their forum rules of course.. in other words don't post this as spam, use the offtopic section or make sure it is okay to post... we don't want to break any rules).

Later,

Zoop

EDIT: offtopic.com does not accept links to other sites in their forum section, so that is out... Be SURE to read the rules before posting
... I am going to verify this rule holds throughout the forum and not just in the section I am posting...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by zoopnfunk]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I am posting the link in a few forums I frequent. not very trafficked but the users might spread it around some more.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
lol

if they promiss the final answer to everything, then I think we can post anywhere...it´s the final answer to everything...lol

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Question:

What exactly do they want you to link to?

Your theory is easy to test. Link to ATS, watch counter. Link to "theFINALanswerTOeverything.com" and watch the counter.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join