It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hey does anyone think that it could be not the number of visitors to the site, but the number OF INCOMING LINKS to the site? IE, how many different sites have links to thefinalanswertoeverything.com... I've used traffic software in the past and there is always a section for where your site's users came from ... maybe ATS wants this URL LINKED all over the place (hence the thread in the "site traffic" tag).

Just a thought as I am half asleep at 2:20 AM

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now

Originally posted by avonwodahs

Well how many are you doing, becasue we can work together on them, like you get evens and I get odds up to 15 or something, how would that work? Would you mind doing it?

how about you get the numbers, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the letters (1-999,999 I suppose)

for five letters, the code would be:
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b].html
for six it's
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b][d,a,z,c].html

sound good?

Ok, it sounds good, so I am going to get the numbers? I thought you did them already?

Hahahaha, i got those two mixed up, sorry for the confusion, i MEANT to say

how about you get the letters, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the numbers (1-999,999 I suppose)

lawl

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
you guys, ill do the 5 letters you do the 6, and hell do the 1 to a million, how long will a 5 letter search take man, if its fast ill run like lots of them

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Hey does anyone think that it could be not the number of visitors to the site, but the number OF INCOMING LINKS to the site? IE, how many different sites have links to thefinalanswertoeverything.com... I've used traffic software in the past and there is always a section for where your site's users came from ... maybe ATS wants this URL LINKED all over the place (hence the thread in the "site traffic" tag).

Just a thought as I am half asleep at 2:20 AM

Hmm, I think the counter monitors the search engines instead of links
(this particular script is found at www.google-analytics.com... )

//-- Auto/Organic Sources and Keywords
var _uOsr=new Array();
var _uOkw=new Array();
_uOsr[0]="google"; _uOkw[0]="q";
_uOsr[1]="yahoo"; _uOkw[1]="p";
_uOsr[2]="msn"; _uOkw[2]="q";
_uOsr[3]="aol"; _uOkw[3]="query";
_uOsr[4]="lycos"; _uOkw[4]="query";
_uOsr[5]="ask"; _uOkw[5]="q";
_uOsr[6]="altavista"; _uOkw[6]="q";
_uOsr[7]="search"; _uOkw[7]="q";
_uOsr[8]="netscape"; _uOkw[8]="query";
_uOsr[9]="earthlink"; _uOkw[9]="q";
_uOsr[10]="cnn"; _uOkw[10]="query";
_uOsr[11]="looksmart"; _uOkw[11]="key";
_uOsr[12]="about"; _uOkw[12]="terms";
_uOsr[13]="excite"; _uOkw[13]="qkw";
_uOsr[14]="mamma"; _uOkw[14]="query";
_uOsr[15]="alltheweb"; _uOkw[15]="q";
_uOsr[16]="gigablast"; _uOkw[16]="q";
_uOsr[17]="voila"; _uOkw[17]="kw";
_uOsr[18]="virgilio"; _uOkw[18]="qs";
_uOsr[19]="teoma"; _uOkw[19]="q";

other random facts about this counter,
it's starting point is 31 and it expires in 2038

var nx=" expires=Sun, 18 Jan 2038 00:00:00 GMT;";

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well how many are you doing, becasue we can work together on them, like you get evens and I get odds up to 15 or something, how would that work? Would you mind doing it?

how about you get the numbers, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the letters (1-999,999 I suppose)

for five letters, the code would be:
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b].html
for six it's
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b][d,a,z,c].html

sound good?

Ok, it sounds good, so I am going to get the numbers? I thought you did them already?

Hahahaha, i got those two mixed up, sorry for the confusion, i MEANT to say

how about you get the letters, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the numbers (1-999,999 I suppose)

lawl

Ok, ill get 6 letters ok

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
you guys, ill do the 5 letters you do the 6, and hell do the 1 to a million, how long will a 5 letter search take man, if its fast ill run like lots of them

sounds good, i got 6

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

the five letter one had 2 million possible combinations last i checked, ( i exited and switched over)

it takes about a minute to go through 10,000 so 2 million will be about 2-3 hours

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Whats the last question?? the site isnt working fr me right now.. thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

the five letter one had 2 million possible combinations last i checked, ( i exited and switched over)

it takes about a minute to go through 10,000 so 2 million will be about 2-3 hours

dont worry I will do it, awnser my U2U's

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
yeah i think peopel went to seperate groups, but weve got computer skills on our side, ill run 5 letters, wait can you run multiple things?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
seekingtheanswer.blogspot.com... - has been updated...seems like they're calling us the most productive, while also posting the list of answers from here.

It's been a very active day as several websites and people are reporting in on several groups now attacking the questions and clues on this website.

People indicating activity from these sites have been sending me progress emails:
nexopia.com
digg.com
mnbowlingforums.com
thunderarena.com
godlikeproductions.com
b3ta.com
abovetopsecret.com (no email from them, but they're active)

While many groups report significant progress, overall the thefinalanswertoeverything.com discussion thread on Above Top Secret appears to be the most productive group. It also appears some of the other groups are operating in secret (and hence are not as productive).

According to AlienS from Above Top Secret, this is the most recent list of confirmed answers:
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy

It also appears that the "conspiracy nutters" were the first to discover a question-and-answer module within the website. There are some canned responses to questions that begin with "q_". Some known question/responses include:
q_whatistheprize.html = answer: we already told you
q_isanyonegivingclues.html = answer: no, all clues not on this site are to be ignored
q_givemeaclue.html = answer: there are no clues other than the questions
q_rules.html = answer: anyone can play, you must be over 15 years old to claim the prize
q_#off.html = answer: I'm sorry you feel that way

There has been a great deal of speculation on Above Top Secret (and Nexopia) as to the prize for this game. Nothing has been confirmed.

The questions current appear paused after this message appeared:
level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it
the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet.
This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
and yeah, i started running it, so i put pokemon,com as the refferer and www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b].html as my mask and clicked generate, thats it?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
yah, looks good, just wait for it to finish then click scan and it'll start doing it's job

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
q_howmanyquestionsarethere

Answer: We already told you

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I,m taking the posting at it,s word and concentrating on emailing far and wide links to the question site.. with a few answers to get them started/hooked.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
okay, we have people doing 5 and 6 letters, who wants to have 4,3, and 2 letters?

edit: two letters is around 17,000 possible words, so it'll be pretty quick
, i'm sure three won't be to much slower also

[edit on 25-7-2006 by avonwodahs]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
q_whatisthepoint

answer: to find the one who is worthy

q_whatistheanswer

answer: the final answer will be revealed to the one worthy

I dunno if messing with the q_ command is of any use, but I'm just entertaining myself.

Sorry for the clutter.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
everyone needs to get black widow and go for 2 3 4 letters, shadow youll be done in half the time me or guy doing 6 letters is done, so why dont you start on 2 3 and 4 letters you might even finish close to us, we can also aim for everything up to 10 letters, although if shadow figures out how to split like half the 10 letter alphabet, it wont take as long as one guy doign the whole 10 someone go to A to L another goes from M to Z, i dont know how it would work, but it just might

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
q_whatisthepoint

answer: to find the one who is worthy

q_whatistheanswer

answer: the final answer will be revealed to the one worthy

I dunno if messing with the q_ command is of any use, but I'm just entertaining myself.

Sorry for the clutter.

atleast your doign somehting

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What is Black Widow, Where do you get it and how do you use it. I'll do 2 and 3 if you tell me.

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join