It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Has anyone made a list of the 'out of sequence' messages that did not have ERROR in front of them?

I'm pretty confident that those are real answers, and are really out of sequence.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now

i'm scanning 0 - 9999 ( i just add the comma in there to confuse people
)
the program i'm using is called blackwidow, it can be downloaded for free ( www.softbytelabs.com... )
the way to easily sort out an actual answer is sort it by filesize and all the answers will "float" to the top (they're around 1,700 bytes in size, other ones are around 1,500 )

Where do I go to download it? What part do I click on on the page?

go to www.softbytelabs.com...

click downloads (direct link: www.softbytelabs.com... )

click BlackWidow v5
(direct link: www.softbytelabs.com... )

Ok, im downloading right now

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Good news everyone, Blackwidow just finished the 9999 (note i didn't put a comma :-)

here's the results:

40.html size: 1,702
2.html size: 1,702
431.html size: 1,702
71.html size: 1,702
320.html (shaky) size: 1,701

so basicaly there was nothing new to be found :*(
i'm going to retry this, i'm keep you updated

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Good news everyone, Blackwidow just finished the 9999 (note i didn't put a comma :-)

here's the results:

Can I do it by letters too?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i don't think cheating with a program is really the way to go here.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

here's the results:

yessir, check a recent post (about 10 back) on how to do letters

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
i don't think cheating with a program is really the way to go here.

Psh, we're not cheating, there were never any rules for this

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

here's the results:

ok, I found it, so I would use this?

www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
I know this has been discussed before but I wanna go back to it. Why is it that when you click on the icon "the final answer to everything" it takes you to page 101 TO A VERY SPECIFIC POINT on the page where someone says:
answer is "this.html" next question, "how?"

Here's what I think...
I think we are still on that stage. The answer beingtheoneworthy might take you somewhere but not to the next question.
It''s like, you say you're the one worthy and they're saying eventually, yes, when it comes to the final answer (so your answer is not completely wrong) but right now you're on question 31.
By saying you're the one worthy you're trying to jump ahead, which creates...pause for effect...
a level error. Don't rush it...(patience is a virtue)
Maybe we're still on the "how?"

If you disagree please explain the first part of my post. Why would it take you there?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Theodwra]

that's fine...ignore me everyone....i don't mind

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

here's the results:

ok, I found it, so I would use this?

www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...

how many letters do you want? they can get quite large (5 letters just past the million mark,a nd it's still going)

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Here is my complied works as of nearly the last two hours...I know many of you may believe other clues exist (they can), but you must keep in mind that there has yet to be an outside of the site clue (non-research) other than tags. Other posts, blogs, sigs, weird coincidences, etc. may or may not be clues. the main point is that they have been proven unnecessary in solving problems. Okay my analysis:

---------------------------------------------------
Initial thoughts
level error you are not yet worthy [perhaps another discouraging message to stop from continuing]

distribute this site URL far and wide [believed to have a literal sense since many messages have appeared before this to spread the site and ATS stated it has a relationship with the prize...this line should be taken literally]

the value of the reward depends upon it [100% correlation with previous statement..no two seperate meanings]

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest [last time a degree of difficulty was mentioned, the response included a remark against the challenge 'givemethehardones'..with everything else, hard to tell if it is key]

(a)This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, (b)the result of spreading the URL, (c)reach the expected number. [big line, many hidden messages.. go part by part...]

(a)last time there was mention of a delay, no actual planned delay existed, rather it was a discouraging message. key words: site traffic, levels, version
(b)references the second line of text, again seemingly in a literal sense
(c)stating that there is a goal number. however, ATS states that there is no upper limit to the counter and that there has been no clues leading toward manipulation of the counter or an 'expected number'.

Tags as Possible Clues

patience
site traffic (verified TFATE traffic)
urchin

Strongest Clues

site traffic
urchin
level(s)
version

Main Analysis

the answer is either a clever phrase stating one of two things:
stating a negative against promoting the site [or]
stating a completion of promoting/reaching a level at the site

or the answer is research based combining several elements with the central part 'urchin' combined with urchin abilities, statistical displays, levels and/or versions of the software

Conclusions

from analysizing the information, one of three possibilties is present.

(1) The answer must be a clever phrase because the 'researched' answer is missing a third component/clue. From past research-based answers, there was only ever a need for two components making the field of research narrow. For example, #14 stumped us for a while "subject at 8". Two clues (the difference between now and then was that the clues were obvious and now are hidden) 'subject' and 'at 8' made it narrow enough to research the answer. As of now, we have one narrow clue 'urchin' but only secondary traits associated with it.

(2) The answer may be research based and we have never discovered the remaining 'direct' clue that, combined with 'urchin' narrows down to a practical place to start searching. Therefore, finding another clue may still be necessary.

(3) There are enough clues and I have not been able to deceipher their meanings to create a valid place to start research.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay so basically, I see those three bottom options at the bottom...and I would like everyone to make a strong effort at those three...perhaps all on the same so we may collaborate together on a similar topic.

Please someone make some disscussion on this so we can get going. I haven't read a post in a while that makes any strong ideas, theories, or suggestions that may lead to answering this.

-Prof. X

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well how many are you doing, becasue we can work together on them, like you get evens and I get odds up to 15 or something, how would that work? Would you mind doing it?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I know this has been discussed before but I wanna go back to it. Why is it that when you click on the icon "the final answer to everything" it takes you to page 101 TO A VERY SPECIFIC POINT on the page where someone says:
answer is "this.html" next question, "how?"

Here's what I think...
I think we are still on that stage. The answer beingtheoneworthy might take you somewhere but not to the next question.
It''s like, you say you're the one worthy and they're saying eventually, yes, when it comes to the final answer (so your answer is not completely wrong) but right now you're on question 31.
By saying you're the one worthy you're trying to jump ahead, which creates...pause for effect...
a level error. Don't rush it...(patience is a virtue)
Maybe we're still on the "how?"

If you disagree please explain the first part of my post. Why would it take you there?

that's fine...ignore me everyone....i don't mind

nothing has really been that complicated with the previous answers, so it stands to reason that there is a somewhat simple answer to this one as well. i think more time is wasted on running down complex theories when everyone should just sticking to simple ones.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Well how many are you doing, becasue we can work together on them, like you get evens and I get odds up to 15 or something, how would that work? Would you mind doing it?

how about you get the numbers, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the letters (1-999,999 I suppose)

for five letters, the code would be:
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b].html
for six it's
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b][d,a,z,c].html

sound good?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think a bunch of people broke off in to secret groups.

Right after that last blog post on the other site saying there could be spys.

The thread started slowing down with the speed of replies.

I think we need to forget about spys and work together it was working before.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
lets all take part in shadownovas hard work, and at the same time everyon run a script, on your alternat browser, make sure you have firefox and ie, or open two or something, someone will do 3 letter words someone 4 someone do half of 5 the other half to someone else, and same with 6 7 and 8 and i guess well give up after a while

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So I'm guessing there hasn't been any progress in the last 5-6 hours since I've been on?

I see a new thread tag though ... hopefully by the time I get back from work at 9 CST there will be a breakthrough!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
lets all take part in shadownovas hard work, and at the same time everyon run a script, on your alternat browser, make sure you have firefox and ie, or open two or something, someone will do 3 letter words someone 4 someone do half of 5 the other half to someone else, and same with 6 7 and 8 and i guess well give up after a while

Amen

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Has something changed?
320 for question 6 no longer works.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

how about you get the numbers, 5-6 should be a good amount and i'll get the letters (1-999,999 I suppose)

for five letters, the code would be:
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b].html
for six it's
www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com...[x,a,z][y,a,z,x][a,a,z,y][b,a,z,a][c,a,z,b][d,a,z,c].html

sound good?

Ok, it sounds good, so I am going to get the numbers? I thought you did them already?

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join