It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah UAV Severely Damages Israeli Warship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh please, Iranian missile now? Sure it was. I can see how they would of confused the two...

Should we take the IDF backflip at face value and now suddenly Iran is in the crosshairs for carrying out what was originally reported as a Hezbollah attack? Israel was already at war with Hezbollah, they would just love an excuse to start attacking Iran. Now they've manufactured one.

JudahMaccabi, you seem to have a grasp on international law when you say that attacking a neighbouring country is an act of war. Do you forget Israel's long history of attacking its neighbours first?

Israel invaded Lebanon in 1972, the UN demanded they withdraw.

Israel invaded Lebanon again in 1982, carried out some masscares, killed some UN troops and occupied Southern Lebanon for 18 years.

Some how I dont find it hard to empathise with the Lebanese not liking Israelis.

[edit on 15/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
... attacking a neighbouring country is an act of war. Do you forget Israel's
long history of attacking its neighbours first?

Even if those two items are true (which I don't believe they are) .. so what?
What happened over 25 years ago doesn't change the fact that Hezbollah
attacked Israel and caused all this trouble we are now seeing.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So it's Iran, China and France who are assisting the Hezbollah to try to
destroy Israel?

France's Lebanon ties go way back. In 1926, France carved Lebanon out of Syria in which it had seized from the Turks at the end of World War I, so I guess Frenchy is going to play devil's advocate and supply Persia with arms.

This all sounds like a staged setup to world war and its war economy, while the G8 meetings are deciding the specifics and rules of combat.

The big game is about to unfold....got cannon fodder?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If iran supplied the missiles....so what?

How many american weapon systems are used each day worldwide ? The USA is the Worlds largest weapons seller, so no whining when people fight back.
This is what happens when you arm everyone to the teeth, they tend to use the weapons they purchase.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
well, Israel should at its history first.

Whether you like it or not, Israel was a nation founded by terrorism (the bombing of King David hotel which resulted in the British mandate ending). And that fact is always going to be played by Arab groups, especially Palestinans.

But, of course, Israel has every right to exist and to defend herself when attacked. But heavy handed tatics against a terrorist group has always proved to damage Israel when it comes to the international community (exluding the United States).

I really dont know how this problem is going to be sorted, it happens every decaded. But this has the potential to be the worse of them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Even if those two items are true (which I don't believe they are) .. so what?
What happened over 25 years ago doesn't change the fact that Hezbollah
attacked Israel and caused all this trouble we are now seeing.

oh really?

here's another reminder of the friendly israel violating lebanons airspace on a regular basis during non-conflict times which under international law is considered an act of war becuase it's deliberatly violating another countries airspace with millitary aricraft :

Lets take a look at Israels acts of war against lebanon since the pullout :

2004 - U.N. ENVOY CONCERNED BY ISRAELI VIOLATIONS OF LEBANESE AIR SPACE

2004 - UN calls on Israel to stop violating Lebanese air space

2004 - UN calls on Israel to stop violating Lebanese air space

2005 - Israeli warplanes violate Lebanese airspace

2005 - Israeli planes continue violations of Lebanese Air-Space

2005 - Israeli warplanes violate Lebanese air-space

2006 - Israel planes violate Lebanon air space

also breaking the sound barrier in low altitude over villages and towns terrorising people and damaging there property by blowing there windows out by creating low level sonic booms :

Israel Stages Biggest Air Incursion into Lebanon
Hezbollah fires at Israeli aircraft
www.aljazeera.com...
www.spacewar.com...
www.arabicnews.com...
www.spacewar.com...
www.arabicnews.com...

Its quite funny how people suffer selective amnesia when Israel does something bad.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If infact the missile was a C-802 this is interesting.

Iran ordered 150 from China in 1991, but the shipments were cut off in 1996 at about 50% completion, leaving Iran with 60-75 by most accounts, although some do claim that China actually transfered several hundred.

C-802 is not in the possession of other regional powers such as Syria or Lebanon, it almost certainly would have come from Iran.

The missile travels at a very low altitude, is somewhat difficult to track with radar, and has some anti-jamming ability which result in an estimated hit probability of 98%. It's range is also a concern- it can be fired 120km and can operate from vehicles on the ground, rendering it more mobile and easier to hide than certain other weapons which are designed to be launched from the air.

www.globalsecurity.org...

If Iran is putting weapons like these in the hands of Hezbollah I think there is a strong chance that Israel will feel compelled to strike Iran. We're not talking about BM-13s and RPG-7s anymore. This is real weaponry designed to do a lot more than scare the hell out of settlers. The fact that Iran might have transfered such a valuable resource to Hezbollah implies that they might be thinking end-game. In my humble opinion, IF it realy was a C-802, the odds of the stuff heading for the fan just went up dramatically in my opinion.

And food for thought... again I stress IF... IF... this was a C-802, and IF it came from Iran through official channels, and not from China via Nicholas Cage (arms dealers) then what else has Iran given to whom, and what will get hit with it?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Whether you like it or not, Israel was a nation founded by terrorism (the bombing of King David hotel which resulted in the British mandate ending). And that fact is always going to be played by Arab groups, especially Palestinans.

Thats not even 1/10th of jewish terrorism is palestine :

thewebfairy.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
I am sure Israel will find the right time to deal with Iran. For the moment Hezbullah needs to be decimated.

Perhaps Israel should start targeting Hezbollah then, instead of innocent Civilians. All reports I've heard have the Hezbollah Militant death toll at about 2, and Civilian deaths at almost 100. Pathetic. Israel are actually losing this War, at the moment.

1- Do you honestly believe that Hezbullah can report to the Lebanese people that their militia is being decimated? Do you believe that they would report how many Hizbullah fighters were killed?

2- Israel plans are 2 fold:
a- To close off Lebanon from the rest of the world so that the kidnapped soldiers would not be airlifted to Iran.

b- Decimate Hizbullah infrastructure including their ammunition dumps, weapon stores and restrict their movement. From my understanding Israel succeeded quiet well in this.

The following added value of these operations are that:
1- Hopefully the lebanese people will say to themselves 'what did we need this trouble for? what did we stand to gain?' - Hezbullah's action was done to serve the interests of Syria and Iran NOT Lebanon.
2- A deterent will now be established with Hizbullah (should they survive this campaign).
3- The Lebanese army will take control of its borders as expected from all countries.

Israel has never had a policy of targetting civilians like the Arabs do. Remember that Hizbullah is attacking residential areas in Israel exclusively!

The following added value of these operations are that:
1- Hopefully the lebanese people will say to themselves 'what did we need this trouble for? what did we stand to gain?' - Hezbullah's action was done to serve the interests of Syria and Iran NOT Lebanon.

you are 100% wrong, since the syrian withdraw, many lebanese wanted to disarm hezbollah and negatiations were made for this. But now, because of the israeli attack, all lebanese are backing hezbollah which is normal when they see innocent children die...

A deterent will now be established with Hizbullah (should they survive this campaign).

even if this war goes longer and hezbollah do not survive it will always be a heroe cause what they have done till now was never done before from any other arabic country

Israel has never had a policy of targetting civilians like the Arabs do. Remember that Hizbullah is attacking residential areas in Israel exclusively!

as for this one it makes me laught.....

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Again (TRY to let this sink in) - Hezbollah caused this. Those people wouldn't be
dead if Hezbollah had left Israel in peace. Hezbollah hides behind civilians. If
Israel hit a site that had civilians it is because Hezbollah was operating there.
Israel doesn't go out of it's way to hit civilians. That's a Hezbollah tactic.

If Israel don't go out of their way to hit Civilians, I sure would hate to see it when they do try and target them. Look at the sheer numbers of deaths. 4 Israeli Civilians killed, to almost 100 Lebanese Civilians killed. I think that speaks for itself, really. Do you think if Hezbollah wanted to kill Israeli Civilians, the best they could do is a total of 4, in as many days? You Comedian.

You are displaying 'projection'.... taking a negative quality away from
your favored subject (Hezbollah) and applying it to the innocent party to make
them look like they have the problem instead of the one who actually does.

No Sir. The only person I see here doing that, is you. I don't think either party are innocent here. I find It disgusting that you just tried to call Israel innocent, after they just murdered nearly 100 innocent Men, Women, and Children in the past few days.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Latest war spin is now Israel is going after Syrian military targets.

Israel attacks Syrian targets
Aljazeera has just reported that Israeli jets attacked 4 Syrian military posts near the Lebanese Syrian border (on the Syrian side).

Al-Hayat today had reported that Israel gave the Assad regime 72 hours to stop Hizbullah's activity and bring about the release of the soldiers.

Guess the 72 hours is up?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If infact the missile was a C-802 this is interesting.

Iran ordered 150 from China in 1991, but the shipments were cut off in 1996 at about 50% completion, leaving Iran with 60-75 by most accounts, although some do claim that China actually transfered several hundred.

This is what i could find from a database of weapons sold to Iran. Although Nobody can ever know 100% of what Iran has imported this si what is known though by the internation community but im sure Iran has much more then this :

Mid-1990s China About 125 C-802 cruise missiles

1997 China 10 Hegu-class destroyers equipped with S-802 missiles, 400 Silkworm and Seersucker missiles S-802 are surface-to-surface missiles with a range of more than 120km.

May 1997 China C-802 cruise missile

www.nti.org...

I also read some where that Iran is making there own version of these missiles but i cant tell you more becuase i cant rember where i saw this.

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If Iran is putting weapons like these in the hands of Hezbollah I think there is a strong chance that Israel will feel compelled to strike Iran. We're not talking about BM-13s and RPG-7s anymore. This is real weaponry designed to do a lot more than scare the hell out of settlers. The fact that Iran might have transfered such a valuable resource to Hezbollah implies that they might be thinking end-game. In my humble opinion, IF it realy was a C-802, the odds of the stuff heading for the fan just went up dramatically in my opinion.

Seriously Israel is in no position right now to extend there war on a 3rd front espeically against a country on the level of Iran in that region.

Unless Israel has a plan to try and drag America into this conflict somehow.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Latest war spin is now Israel is going after Syrian military targets.

Israel attacks Syrian targets
Aljazeera has just reported that Israeli jets attacked 4 Syrian military posts near the Lebanese Syrian border (on the Syrian side).

Al-Hayat today had reported that Israel gave the Assad regime 72 hours to stop Hizbullah's activity and bring about the release of the soldiers.

Guess the 72 hours is up?

Oh dear,
lets hope is bad sourcing and its wrong. I dont like the idea of the Syrian army getting involved.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My personal opinion on this situation is that Israel is going to try and re-arange the whole of the middle east and use bush as mule to do it.

Israel knows America is knee deep in poo-poo in the middle east and bush is leaving soon and he has nothing to loose so i belive they will attack Syria and possibly Iran and then call on America for assistance dragging America into a war and get it to do all the major dirty work for them. This will destroy Israels enemies in Iran,syria,palestine,lebanon and Israel will then become unstopable in the middle east with nobody able to challange it.

But the real question is can the American economy take that type of 6 way battering that it will recive from a war with palestine,Lebanon(hezbollah),Syria,Iran,Iraq,afghanistan,Tens of thousands of new shia guerilla fighters and thousands of new terrorists. Also lets not forget the $2-$3 billion dollars that America gives to Israel every year i think America is going to be in alot of trouble.

Does anybody else think that Israel will also use this war with lebanon as an excuse to target the Iranian Nuke power plants.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Oh dear,
lets hope is bad sourcing and its wrong. I dont like the idea of the Syrian army getting involved.

Looks like it was disinfo, new news coming out:

Israel says it has only bombed in Lebanese territory

Syria not attacked by Israel: Syrian official

Testing the waters perhaps...

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Israel denies they bombed Syria. Haven't seen the Syrian side of it yet.

Israel says it has only bombed in Lebanese territory

SKY News are quoting an unnamed Syrian Official who denies the attacks on Syria.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And what if israel uses it's nuclear weapons to attack Iran?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I dont think nucking Iran is something that Israel could ever get away with. It's not like bombing civillians in lebanon and palestine which is small thing for Israel becuase America can easily Veto it. Even America will not be able to help Israel if it ever does something as stupid as pre-emptive nuke Iran.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

There wouldn't be any war if Hezbollah and Iran would stop trying to destroy
Israel and if they would leave the Israelies alone in their tiny spit of land.
There are DOZENS of Islamic nations. There is one small Jewish nation.
It has a right to exist and be left alone.

The conflict that is going on now is the fault of Hezbollah. All the death;
all the pain; all the destruction; all the terror; all the scared and hungry
children; and all the worried people around the planet ... it's totally and
completely Hezbollah's fault. They deserve to be squashed like the bugs
that they are.

Israel is just as at fault as anyone. Israel has decided to attack civilians, the exact same thing that Israel has been condemning Hamas and Hezbollah for. Pot, meet kettle. Ironically, Hamas and Hezbollah have taken to attacking military targets now, and snatching military personnel. An interesting change in tactics. Just the opposite of what the Israelis are doing.

I find the hypocrasy displayed here by a few of the posters mind numbing. Israel was created by stealing away the lands of the peoples who had lived there for thousands of years. Do they have the right to be pissed? Damn rights. So would you. Consider the American response if the U.N. decided that a new homeland for Hobbits was to be created, and they chose Florida as that location (or Pennsylvania or where ever you happen to live). Are you going to idly sit by and watch a people given that your ancestors worked so hard to create and defend? How are you going to respond? Are you going to say the U.N. is wrong and defend your lands, trying to force the Hobbits out? Or are you going to tuck tail and do what you're told?

Frankly, I would not be disappointed to see Israel/Palestine wiped off the map. This has been a source of political instability for the WORLD for the better part of 60 years of existance. Maybe its time to start over there. Make the whole thing a glowing wasteland of radioactivity, then see who really wants it. If the Arabs and Jews want it that badly, they'll lay claim to it after its destroyed and take the effort to rebuild it.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast

There wouldn't be any war if Hezbollah and Iran would stop trying to destroy
Israel and if they would leave the Israelies alone in their tiny spit of land.
There are DOZENS of Islamic nations. There is one small Jewish nation.
It has a right to exist and be left alone.

The conflict that is going on now is the fault of Hezbollah. All the death;
all the pain; all the destruction; all the terror; all the scared and hungry
children; and all the worried people around the planet ... it's totally and
completely Hezbollah's fault. They deserve to be squashed like the bugs
that they are.

Israel is just as at fault as anyone. Israel has decided to attack civilians, the exact same thing that Israel has been condemning Hamas and Hezbollah for. Pot, meet kettle. Ironically, Hamas and Hezbollah have taken to attacking military targets now, and snatching military personnel. An interesting change in tactics. Just the opposite of what the Israelis are doing.

I find the hypocrasy displayed here by a few of the posters mind numbing. Israel was created by stealing away the lands of the peoples who had lived there for thousands of years. Do they have the right to be pissed? Damn rights. So would you. Consider the American response if the U.N. decided that a new homeland for Hobbits was to be created, and they chose Florida as that location (or Pennsylvania or where ever you happen to live). Are you going to idly sit by and watch a people given that your ancestors worked so hard to create and defend? How are you going to respond? Are you going to say the U.N. is wrong and defend your lands, trying to force the Hobbits out? Or are you going to tuck tail and do what you're told?

Frankly, I would not be disappointed to see Israel/Palestine wiped off the map. This has been a source of political instability for the WORLD for the better part of 60 years of existance. Maybe its time to start over there. Make the whole thing a glowing wasteland of radioactivity, then see who really wants it. If the Arabs and Jews want it that badly, they'll lay claim to it after its destroyed and take the effort to rebuild it.

i imagine ghosts fighting for the nuked middle-east....
before this happens would you please accept me as a fugitive ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join