It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah UAV Severely Damages Israeli Warship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That is true, everyone aprt from the BBC and the first other link Imposted has quoted Al Jaz as the source, so I guess a pinch of salt is needed for that one.

Having said that, one would expect that if the ship took enough damage to knock out it's sterring and cause a fire for four hours (or however long it's been), you would epxect casualties as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Lets not even get into debating the source because I used the Jerusalem Post as the source article. I am sorry but if you believe the Jerusalem Post is biased against Israel and not as reliable as Fox given the current situation, I would say you have other things to worry about. Here have this:

The IDF confirmed early Saturday to The Jerusalem Post that four sailors had gone missing from the damaged warship.

The IDF was attempting to locate the sailors, and has informed their respective families of the events.

There you have it, all you gotta do is click the original source article in the submission.

Anyways anything goes now. These two countries are pretty much at full war now.

[edit on 7/14/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
That is true, everyone aprt from the BBC and the first other link Imposted has quoted Al Jaz as the source, so I guess a pinch of salt is needed for that one.

Having said that, one would expect that if the ship took enough damage to knock out it's sterring and cause a fire for four hours (or however long it's been), you would epxect casualties as well.

Depends on how big it was, and if anyone was on it.

I'm not saying Al is lying, just that I can't find a second source.

As for the original post...I'm no expert, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, not trying to get into a pissing war. FYI, I did mention more then FOX. I don't watch FOX, but at the gym it's the only news channel their air on the inhouse cable, so I didn't have a choice while I was on the treadmill.

At any rate, I think it's crazy that Lebanon basically can't do anything...they really don't have any stroke to do much about Hebollah. You're right, war it is...God help us if this thing escalated further.

-O

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
CNN says that "The IDF reported that at least four Israeli civilians and eight Israeli soldiers have been killed, and more than 100 others have been wounded."

There's my second source...good enough for me.

-O

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The IDF has now admitted it has 4 missing sailors:

Israel's military says four servicemen are missing after one of its vessels off the Lebanese coast was struck by a missile fired by Hezbollah militants.
The ship caught fire after it was hit by either a rocket or explosives-laden drone, the military said.

Source - BBC

[edit on 14/7/06 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It was Israeli Saar 5 warship off the coast of Lebanon that was hit by a Hezbollah UAV.
Reports have suggested that Iran has provided Hezbollah a number of Mheger 4 drones.

Drone Bomb Hits Israelis, U.A.V. Pioneers
defensetech.org

Flashback: Terrorists Develop Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
armscontrol.ru

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The Warship was not hit by a UAV it was probably hit by an Iranian silkworm land to sea missile. The missile was probably supplied to Hezbullah by Iran and I would not be surprised if Iranian soldiers were the ones who fired the missile.
BTW - An egyptian freighter was also struck by that missile.

[edit on 15/7/06 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
While I can't say I am particularly sympathetic to either the Israelis or Hezbollah, I have to say I am pretty impressed that Hezbollah was able to pull this off.

Same,

Its pretty sad to think that Israel with all there advanced weapons systems can take a hit from a rag-tag militant group

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hezbollah may not prance around in pretty uniforms and parade down the road in tanks & such; however, they are anything but ragtag.

If you read all the links posted so far, you should have noticed that what seems to be an Egyptian cruise ship was hit at about the same time as the Israeli gunboat. According to one of the articles the Egyptian ship was hit by the UAV firing an anti-tank missile. That would have required extensive systems integration and testing.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wow one uav packed with explosives. Most likely 1 of only a few if anymore so yeah a surprise but in no way anything to be worried about. Of course the media and arab world will blow it up into the sinking of a great fleet.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
The Warship was not hit by a UAV it was probably hit by an Iranian silkworm land to sea missile.

Better call up the IDF then and show them your video.

Till then the IDF says UAV:

UAV packed with explosives strikes warship

A Hizbullah strike on an IDF warship off the Lebanese coast damaged the ship severely, and the IDF confirmed early Saturday to The Jerusalem Post that four sailors had gone missing from the damaged warship.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
The Warship was not hit by a UAV it was probably hit by an Iranian silkworm land to sea missile.

Better call up the IDF then and show them your video.

Till then the IDF says UAV:

UAV packed with explosives strikes warship

A Hizbullah strike on an IDF warship off the Lebanese coast damaged the ship severely, and the IDF confirmed early Saturday to The Jerusalem Post that four sailors had gone missing from the damaged warship.

I am just informing the forum what is said now on Israeli news channels which is in HEBREW. The army is now saying that the attack was most probably that of a missile and DEBKA.co.il has reported that it is most probably an Iranian missile (the Chinese Silkword missile manufactured in Iran).
Iran is deeply involved in this hostility and are trying to cover it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Okay, looked into it more and thanks for the real story Maccabbi.

Jpost revised to say a missile:

Missile fired from Lebanese coast strikes warship
According to an initial army probe into the attack, it appeared that a missile fired from a Beirut beach caused the damage, and not, as initially thought, an unmanned UAV packed with explosives.

Here's links for you all, while I was looking around:

Live radio feed in Israel, in English:
www.israelnationalradio.com...

More live media from Israel here:
www.kol-israel.com...
wwitv.com...
www.fromil.com...

For the HAMS and DX'ers:
Hot Spot DXing - Middle East

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hezb Allah has every right to kill and capture the Zionist troops who kill and invade innocent people on daily bases. It is only fair that you capture enemy troops to release your own.

Release thousands of Women, Children in Israeli Jails and then the Palestinians and Hezb Allah will release your 3 Soldiers.

I was watching Sayd Hassan Nasr Allah's speech on Al Jazeera TV and Manar TV. At the end of the speech, he said that the surprises I promised everybody will start from NOW because Israel changed the rules of the game when it started to attack all of Lebanon. The next sentence he said, the Israeli Warship that has been attacking our infastructure wil start burning now and it will go down with the Israeli soldiers.

At the same time, the ship was actually attacked and now this morning rescue mission is going on.

News agencies are reporting information about Hezbolla having various new type of rockets with advanced technologies.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ooops, they didnt see that one coming, would like to say im surprized that hezbollah has UAV, as the US are only just starting to us them more , 10/10 for hezbollah for getting there hands on a some nice tech.

Also hearing on the new and in british tabiold press that hezbollah (backed by iran and syria) are planning to transfer the prisoners to iran, according to isrealie intel (umm u mean mossad) i hate to say this but the hype is starting already.

So iran or syria Nxt? as more than likely irsael will hit syria if it can persuade uncle geroge w that they are a clear and present danger( they are on the axis of evil after all) as judah said in an eariler post, maybe it will turn out that it was an silkworm missle , stamped with "made in iran" on a fragment they find. or they capture a shipment from iran to hezbollah. and then perfect reason to take out iran.

For all the intel that mossad come up with, they can pinpoint leaders of hamas and hezbollah where ever they are. but cant find 3 soliders or get any concerte proof that iran or syria are helping hezbollah or hamas.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Israel keep killing the innocent people in Lebanon and Palestine. and they cant find any captured Israeli Soldier in Palestine or Lebanon and lets not forget any high rank Hezb Allah or Hamas.

Shame on Israel for going after innocent civilians, I can see BreakNews now on teley the Israelis have attacked Convoy of civilan cars and killed many people.

What does Israel benefit of destroying a bridge or an airport or
killing civilians.There will be nothing but a lot of hatred and more desire of revenge in the minds of the new generations in the Arab and Islamic world.

You want to play real and then come to the ground in Lebanon and they will remind you again. Lebanon now is not Lebanon in 1982. and as Sayd Nasr Allah said yesterday they still have suprises for you just wait and you will see.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think it could be possible that Iran may have supplied the uav

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Eddie_699,
I sense your frustration and anger at Israel for their attacks and I truely am sorry for that but you must remember that although you claim that:

Hezb Allah has every right to kill and capture the Zionist troops who kill and invade innocent people on daily bases. It is only fair that you capture enemy troops to release your own.

It is actually an act of war to attack a neighboring country. Hezbullahs action were unprovoked and had no Justification and this is true for over 40 attacks that Hezbullah perpetrated in the last 6 years. This is analogous to two neighbors one of which has a little chiuaua who barks on its neighbor, pisses on the neighbor property and harrasses the neighbor. Mostly the neighbor ignores the dog or talks to the neighbor to no avail. One day the dog bites the neighbors kid and the neighbor goes ballistic - the little chiuaua from then on was not found.
That is what hopefully will happen to Hizbullah.
You seem to be upset that Israel bombed a truck with civilians (assuming it is really civilians and not fighters). Hizbullah attacked civilian targets relentlessly for 3 days now killing 4 people including children as well. They have concentrated their attacks on residential areas. I did not see you on any forum condemning this! I guess its OK to target Jewish civilians but when Arab civilians are killed it is unbearable. Arab aggressions are generally aimed at civilians unlike Israeli action who targets militants.
So where do you get off blaming Israel?

Hezbullah started this mess and the only way to stop it know is to return the two soldiers to Israel alive and well and to have Lebanon act like all soviegrn states and put Lebanese soldiers on the border with Israel to maintain quiet. If not Lebanon will not know quiet.
Remember the neighbor went ballistic.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
BBC News and SKY News have reported that it was an Iranian Missile that hit the ship, not a UAV. If true, this will develop into a very serious War.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This missile, according to Israel, was Iranian and Hizbollah wouldn't not of operated it or had access. In other words, if its true, the missile was fired and operated by Iranians.

its breaking news now;

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join