It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah UAV Severely Damages Israeli Warship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
On the topic,

According to AP, the radar guided missile which was fired at the Israeli ship was a C-102 Iranian manufactured missile. Attempted arms sales, physical arms sales and support to Hezbollah by way of Syria, Iran etc. is nothing new.

The significance is in the possibility (as stated by the source in the AP report) Iranian forces in Lebanon aided physically in the missile launch.

The intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information, said about 100 Iranian soldiers are in Lebanon and helped fire the Iranian-made, radar-guided C-102 at the ship late Friday.
-[snip]-
"We can confirm that it was hit by an Iranian-made missile launched by Hezbollah. We see this as very profound fingerprint of Iranian involvement in Hezbollah," Nehushtan said in an interview with The Associated Press.
AP Source

mg

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure about the idea that Israel would think twice about opening a 3rd front. Given Israel's reputation, if I had to mess with either Israel or Texas, I'd probably mess with Texas.

America is in the way- with a good patsy between them and Iran, unwittingly or otherwise, Israel doesn't have to worry about a ground war coming from Iran. They can just have a splendid little air war against the Iranians, and America would probably contribute to shooting down the Iranian missiles without even bothering to tell we the people about it.

Then I happened to see a post higher on the page that didn't believe it was a missile as opposed to the original story of a UAV. My answer there is that it makes little difference. In either case it would be a hard sell that Hezbollah had acted without Iranian help. Iran has been bragging about is UAVs ever since buzzing our ships in the gulf a while back, and when a rational explanation like that is available it's difficult to jump to the conclusion that Hamas somehow rigged a radio controlled model airplane or anything else with enough explosives to put a dent in an warship, directed it accurately to the position of an Israeli vessel off the coast without it being detected and engaged, and scored a hit on the ship by remote control at a considerable distance.

Sorry but there's no way in hell we're talking about your kid brother's model airplane with a video-phone strapped to the front. We're talking about legitimate hardware that had to come from someone with a respectable military infrastructure.

A missile is much more believable, and if it turns out NOT to be a C-802, it didn't even necessarily come from Iran. It's good to be wary of the information you're given, but you have to carefully question the possibilities, not just assume its BS.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW

i imagine ghosts fighting for the nuked middle-east....
before this happens would you please accept me as a fugitive ?

You'll have to ask the Bushies. I see no problem with the idea. As long as you have the same base motivations as the rest of us (make a living, feed and shelter our family, have some fun on weekends, pay taxes and grow old to abuse Medicaid) then I see no problem. Just check your political axes that may need grinding at the door!

I wish people would realize that we are all the same scared animal who gets defensive around things we don't know. I think the minute we realize that we are the same, that we all bleed the same stuff and that we all take a dump in the same fashion, that we will be better off and maybe take a step in a new direction as a species. Until then, our xenophobia of each other will continue to cause these assinine conflicts. Now excuse me, I must go shoot my neighbor for playing his music too loud.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's interesting that Israel is now claiming this was a C-802 strike, not a UCAV.

Interesting because the Israeli's much-vaunted Barak SAM system should have been easily capable of taking out an incoming cruise missile.

I suspect it actually was a UCAV, but an Iranian supplied C-802 makes much better propaganda for the Israelis. Who wants to admit that their top of the line warship got taken out by a glorified RC plane? And of course the Iran angle suits Israel's purposes, though of course no one with any understanding of the situation denies Iran is Hezbollah's primary supporter.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am sorry but there is no excuse for what Israel has done and is continuing to do , It's disgusting how extreme they've reacted to the kidnaping of two soldiers while they on the other hand kill on a daily basis for absolutely no good reason (and then they dare to say that Muslims always react extremely to anything). I too think that this could be a begining of a 3rd world war.

You must be watching those biased channels like CNN, BBC, Fox News...etc, I followed their broadcast too & I was really finding it funny, they were saying "Hezbollah attacks Israel" "Rain of rockets on Israel" "...etc

And they never mentioned the attacks made on Beirut's airport & the bridges connecting the cities in Lebanon, yet again their showing the false scenario

Hezbollah abducts 2 soldiers & then Israel attacks Lebanon & the western media shows another story

Does Lebanon have the right to defend itself?

It was the terrorist state of Israel that started attacks on the civilians not Hezbollah. So please do not spread wrong information.

And you asked whether Israel can defend itself. I think a more appropriate question would be if Hezbollah (and allies) can defend itself because they were attacked first? The answer is yes.

What troubles me is that Bush Junior is openly supporting Israel and has given them the green light to defend(which basically means attack and destroy) any country that messes with the Jews.

VIVA OUR GREAT ARAB NATION. FROM THE GULF TO THE ATLANTIC...

Wait for more suprises, You still dont know who you are playing with, We are still waiting for you on ground. come over and take your soldiers.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
Somehow, this reminds me on attack on USS Liberty during six day war
Wikipedia
This might be casus beli for war against Iran.

Hear, hear my fellow conspiracy researcher!

At least someone is using a brain!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Not if you ask an Israeli or a neocon.

In their view Arabs and Muslims are all untermenschen who have no rights whatsoever, because they're not fully human...

When an Israeli dies at the hands of an Arab, it's a terrible tragedy.
When a hundred Arabs die at the hand if the Israelis... meh - "collateral casualties"...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
what the hell is c-102? is he talking about the c-802 iranians produce locally?

This guy either doesn't know what a c-802 could do to a warship of that size or he is just part of the propaganda machine, accusing iran of being involved in everything that happens over there?

I saw the vid clip of the attack and it looks more like an anti-tank missile. no where near an anti-ship cruise missile.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i dont know if this has been posted, but

London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat says Israel gave Syria 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity, bring about release of kidnapped IDF troops. ‘Israel will not end military activity until new situation created that will prevent Syria, Iran from using terror organizations to threaten its security,’ newspaper quotes Pentagon official as saying
Roee Nahmias

The London-based Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat reported Saturday that “Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.ynetnews.com...

Well, looks like Syria has been placed on the cards aswell.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I suspect it actually was a UCAV, but an Iranian supplied C-802 makes much better propaganda for the Israelis. Who wants to admit that their top of the line warship got taken out by a glorified RC plane?

I won't be surprised if they come out and say, it's wasn't a UCAV, nor a c-802, it was one of those russian-supplied Sunburn cruise missiles.

who seriously would believe iran would supply 'em with c-802s.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I suspect it actually was a UCAV, but an Iranian supplied C-802 makes much better propaganda for the Israelis.

Perhaps, but Israel is not discounting the effectiveness of the drones.

The Israeli intelligence official said Hezbollah also has Iranian-made drones, and warned that they are more accurate than missiles.
Ap Source

A merchant ship, cited as Egyptian, was sunk at the same time as the Eilat class Saar-5 which suggests it was not a guided drone. Israel is also claiming there was no anticipation of ground based missiles striking their ships and the system on board the Saar-5 was not operational at the time to intercept. They are equipped with enough to defend against a threat such as a UAV or or various ASM’s etc, but I agree, the system has to be activated and hot. We’ll see...

That said, Israel has been attempting to bring a great deal of attention to Iran.

mg

[edit on 15-7-2006 by missed_gear]

[edit on 15-7-2006 by missed_gear]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If israel wants to attack Syria, the excuse will be that the two israeli soldiers were taken to syria .... and who knows maybe Iran...
just remember this , i'll recall you of this when it will happen
israeli excuses were so used so now they are predictable...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
every connection between the southern lebanese villages and cities had been destroyed!!!
does that mean that Israel wants to enter lebanon?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Israel just hit Jounieh, populated mostly by Christians.

I wonder if our local fanatics will be so eager to support Israel now that they're killing Christians and not "mere" Muslims.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Western media machines are all pointing finger at Iran.

Israel: Iran Aided Hezbollah Ship Attack
Associated Press

IDF : Missile that hit ship was Iranian
A senior IDF officer said the ship was struck by an Iranian-made C802 missile, but he refused to say whether or not Iranian activists were behind the launching itself.

Iran plays the "what me worry?" card:

Iranian president: Israel too weak 'to give Iran a nasty look'

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He's basically right.

Israel's only real offensive optionas against Iran are nuclear, and if Israel nukes Iran they can look forward to millenia as a global pariah, if they last that long.

Israel is doing it's best to sucker the US into waging their war against Iran for them, but after Iraq I don't think the American people will stand for it, regardless of how eager the Likhudniks and "Christian Zionists" running the administration might be.

[edit on 7/15/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

This all sounds like a staged setup to world war and its war economy, while the G8 meetings are deciding the specifics and rules of combat.

The big game is about to unfold....got cannon fodder?

My kid has been wanting to go to Israel since he was 14 years old. And he's not even Jewish! Just brainwashed by da man, video games, and a sense of adventure (I wonder where he got that from?). Oh and he got religion, some non-demoninationalism that I'm not sure is good or bad depending on what that brainwashing is all about.

VERY coincidental with the G8 summit.

Russians are awash in oil revenues and they really don't need to deal in arms these days. But there'll already be some greedy bastard ready to be the middleman. Why let the French get all the business? It's a well-greased war machine and ten bucks says Raytheon is chomping at the bit.

Oh oh.. here's a Khan egging the US into it.
Middle East Crisis: U.S. fails to defend its Interests

(a Brookings Institute fellow in Delaware)

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Iraqi pipeline goes to Haifa, right?

3 Patriot batteries stationed in Haifa - Ynetnews - 44 minutes ago
City of Haifa shrugs off rockets from Hezbollah - Toronto Star - 9 hours ago
Hezbollah rockets reach Haifa - ABC Online - Jul 14, 2006

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
The Iraqi pipeline goes to Haifa, right?

This might interest you also, since they are talking about extending the newly completed BTC pipeline to Israel.

Russian Troops in Ossetia Put on High Alert
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Comes down to the old oil and energy gambit again, so it seems...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie_699
I am sorry but there is no excuse for what Israel has done and is continuing to do , It's disgusting how extreme they've reacted to the kidnaping of two soldiers while they on the other hand kill on a daily basis for absolutely no good reason (and then they dare to say that Muslims always react extremely to anything). I too think that this could be a begining of a 3rd world war.

You must be watching those biased channels like CNN, BBC, Fox News...etc, I followed their broadcast too & I was really finding it funny, they were saying "Hezbollah attacks Israel" "Rain of rockets on Israel" "...etc

And they never mentioned the attacks made on Beirut's airport & the bridges connecting the cities in Lebanon, yet again their showing the false scenario

Hezbollah abducts 2 soldiers & then Israel attacks Lebanon & the western media shows another story

It was the terrorist state of Israel that started attacks on the civilians not Hezbollah. So please do not spread wrong information.

And you asked whether Israel can defend itself. I think a more appropriate question would be if Hezbollah (and allies) can defend itself because they were attacked first? The answer is yes.

What troubles me is that Bush Junior is openly supporting Israel and has given them the green light to defend(which basically means attack and destroy) any country that messes with the Jews.

VIVA OUR GREAT ARAB NATION. FROM THE GULF TO THE ATLANTIC...

Wait for more suprises, You still dont know who you are playing with, We are still waiting for you on ground. come over and take your soldiers.

This is a typical arab mindset.
Let me answer some of your questions and try to bring you into the 21st century while at it -
DOES LEBANON HAVE A RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF you ask?

Of course it does!
1- Hezbullah does not represent Lebanon It represents itself and Iranian/Syrian interests.
2- Defense entails hitting those that hit you like the army, airforce and navy. Most of the Hezbullah attacks (99% of it) is targetting civilians in Israeli cities. Israel on the other hand is mostly attacking Hezbullah weapon stores, ammunition dumps, grad missile launchers, Hezbullah strongholds, roads, bridges and airports as to restrict the movement of reinforcements, weapons and supplies.
Therefore Lebanon is doing nothing to defend itself. The attack will stop in a minute if Lebanon returns the soldiers to Israel so that is what it mustt do to defend itself.

YOU SAY: t's disgusting how extreme they've reacted to the kidnaping of two soldiers while they on the other hand kill on a daily basis for absolutely no good reason (and then they dare to say that Muslims always react extremely to anything).

So for that I answer - with regards to Hezbullah - Hezbullah has attacked Israel 40+ times. Every time it was with no provocation and with no justifiable reason. Israel has not engaged Lebanon has not occupied Lebanon and did nothing to provoke an attack.
When you say kill on a daily basis I assume you mean the Palestinians but you fail to say that Israels actions are a reaction to Palestinian actions. For over a year now the Palesitnians have attacked Israeli towns and cities with rockets on a daily basis. so of course Israel will need to respond otherwise things will just get worst. So here again you want Israel to stop killing - STOP FIRING MISSILES AT ISRAEL.

You say Hezbullah was attacked first - THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join