It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah UAV Severely Damages Israeli Warship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
You say Hezbullah was attacked first - THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE!

It is?

Hizb'Allah

Hezbollah or Hizbullah is a Lebanese Islamist group, with a military arm and a civilian arm, founded in 1982 to fight the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon.

Still remember '82?

Hmmm, to me it looks like, the Occupation of Southern Lebanon by IDF triggered the birth of the Hizb'Allah.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Exactly. It was Israel that created Hezbollah. It was Israel that created Hamas.

It is Israel that is currently slaughtering civilians in Lebanon and Gaza, and earning themselves new enemies in the Middle East and around the world.

Israel makes it's own problems, and we in the US should not be helping them do so.
The US gains nothing from it's support of Israel but new enemies.

We should cut all aid to Israel now.
Let's see how high and mighty they are without our tax dollars and weapons backing them up. After all, they just turn around and sell our technology to the Chinese anyway.

With allies like Israel, who needs enemies?

[edit on 7/15/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

You say Hezbullah was attacked first - THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE!

It is?

Hizb'Allah

Hezbollah or Hizbullah is a Lebanese Islamist group, with a military arm and a civilian arm, founded in 1982 to fight the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon.

Still remember '82?

Hmmm, to me it looks like, the Occupation of Southern Lebanon by IDF triggered the birth of the Hizb'Allah.

Another lame exuse of a WORMONGERING people.

Firstly Israel invaded lebanon in 1982 for a reason. That reason was that Palestinians in Lebanon used Lebanon as a staging ground for attacks against Israel and then too the Lebanese government was too weak to do anything to avoid this.

With that said the above arguement is totally irrelevant since Israel has withdrawn from Lebanon 6 years ago. Hizbullah and other WARMONGERING arabs are looking for exuses to wage war so they attack with no substantial reason or justification. JUST FOR THE SAKE OF KILLING JEWS.
You know one of the Parents of the soldiers Lynched in Ramallah in 2006 said that they Palestinians who lynched his son are not SONS ADAM (a hebrew term for humans) but are SONS OF SATAN.
With all the Warmongering the Arabs are exhibiting it seems like what he said is very true.
If all that Arabs want is to kill Jews then I guess it is true what those Israeli Right Wing fanatics say - that arabs are evil. How else can you explain the reason that Hezbullah constantly attack Israel when they have no reason to?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Welcome to asymetrical warfare I guess.

To my knowledge asymetrical warfare has brought both the World's superpowers to their knees in the past. How will Israel cope with total war using asymetrical tactics? Israel may have the edge technologically but how long will that last? They only have a finite amount of equipment and I dont think the US Treasury will be willing to increase the already exorbitant amount of direct aid given to Israel.

If total war using asymetrical warfare is the strategy Hezbollah intend to use I would estimate Israel wont outlast them. Israel's options are to indescrimately employ a scorched earth policy which would also evapourate the international support she currently enjoys.

Israel is at a crossroads here. I think the time of demonstrating its might are over, asymetry trumps conventional firepower every time (Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Afghanistan again). Will Israel drop its militaristic traditions and capitalize on the differences of today compared to 1967? Afterall Israel has diplomatic relations with Egypt and Jordan now. Saudi-Arabia has verbally blasted Hezbollah for its "misguided adventures" and prior to the Israeli all-out-offensive Hamas was willing to sign an agreement for a two-state solution.

Will Israel choose war over diplomacy? I hope they choose diplomacy because nothing short of wholesale slaughter of civilians by Israel will halt Hezbollah and their strategies. But the consequence of that is Israel will be viewed as the pariah it really is.

I think instead of giving Israel aid, we should go over there, bomb Jerusalem and invade Israel until they get out of this demented view that they are always right because they are jews, and everyone else there is wrong because they are not.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Has anyone even bothered watching the vid of the attack?

I am no expert, but I swear it is not an anti-ship missile.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Firstly Israel invaded lebanon in 1982 for a reason. That reason was that Palestinians in Lebanon used Lebanon as a staging ground for attacks against Israel and then too the Lebanese government was too weak to do anything to avoid this.

So, I guess the IDF also Sponsored the pro-Israel militias to Massacre Palestinian refugees? Was that also a Part of the Plan? Yeah I bet that gained the Hearts and Minds of the Local Population a million times. How many Palestinian Refugees were slaughetered back in '82? You remember? That must been a Very Proud day for Yourself, right? So many "Terrorists" Eliminated - Good Riddance!

And then you ask yourself, why do Arab Nations surrounding Israel not like it so much?

With that said the above arguement is totally irrelevant since Israel has withdrawn from Lebanon 6 years ago. Hizbullah and other WARMONGERING arabs are looking for exuses to wage war so they attack with no substantial reason or justification. JUST FOR THE SAKE OF KILLING JEWS.

Calm down man - do they teach you that at the Military Academy; nice Pharases; Warmongering Arabs killing Jews. Yet again Israel taking the role of the Poor Victim, that suffers oh, so much and they are constanlty being attacked by the Warmongering Arabs, whos only Desire is to kill more J000000S, yet you always somehow "Forget" to mention, what triggered this Hatred, Anger and Revenge - I guess it's just the Warmongering Arabs being Themselves right? They attack for No Reason at all - just because they are bored and really have no Job and nothing else to do. What do you have to say to the 100+ Killed CIVILIANS in recent attacks on Lebanon by IDF? Little Children blown to Bits all over the Road, on which they were trying to Escape the Destruction and get to safetly, as IDF told them by leaflets? Get out of the way or something? What do you think that their Cousings, Uncles and other relatives are going to do now? Sit down and wait for their turn to come?

You are not making much Friends here man.

Just Enemies...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"No Iranian experts helping hezbollah to lunch missiles" hezbollah said on Al Manar TV

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

With all the Warmongering the Arabs are exhibiting it seems like what he said is very true.

Thank you for proving my point about Israeli racism.

When Jews are killed it's a tragedy, when Arabs are killed it doesn't matter, because they're "not fully human".

Someone please explain to me why we give these people missiles and warplanes?
And billions of our tax dollars?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Souljah,

Calm down man - do they teach you that at the Military Academy; nice Pharases; Warmongering Arabs killing Jews. Yet again Israel taking the role of the Poor Victim, that suffers oh, so much and they are constanlty being attacked by the Warmongering Arabs, whos only Desire is to kill more J000000S, yet you always somehow "Forget" to mention, what triggered this Hatred, Anger and Revenge - I guess it's just the Warmongering Arabs being Themselves right? They attack for No Reason at all - just because they are bored and really have no Job and nothing else to do. What do you have to say to the 100+ Killed CIVILIANS in recent attacks on Lebanon by IDF? Little Children blown to Bits all over the Road, on which they were trying to Escape the Destruction and get to safetly, as IDF told them by leaflets? Get out of the way or something? What do you think that their Cousings, Uncles and other relatives are going to do now? Sit down and wait for their turn to come?

You are not making much Friends here man.

Just Enemies...

Nicely said who made the enemies in this round????
Did Israel cross the border and attack and kidnap Lebanese soldiers? No - THerefore the enemy making falls flat on the lap of Hezbullah. LEBANON has no reason to attack Israel! I think Hezbullah has learned its lesson well and Lebanon will not let it forget.

NEWS -THIS JUST IN. Lebanon is finally willing to place its soldiers in southern Lebanon and guard the border see here

Now all Israel needs is its two soldiers back from Hezbullah.

An apology would be nice from Nasralla though.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Two British Warships are now heading out to the area. H.M.S Illustrious, and another one (I forget the name). It's not clear whether these are being sent to evacuate the thousands of British nationals in Lebanon, or something else.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

NEWS -THIS JUST IN. Lebanon is finally willing to place its soldiers in southern Lebanon and guard the border see here

Now all Israel needs is its two soldiers back from Hezbullah.

An apology would be nice from Nasralla though.

The Lebanese governement wanted to place its soldiers in southern lebanon since the governement was formed . it had been the subject of negociation with all the lebanese parties including Hezbollah. that don't mean that it's a victory for israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Did Israel cross the border and attack and kidnap Lebanese soldiers? No - THerefore the enemy making falls flat on the lap of Hezbullah. LEBANON has no reason to attack Israel! I think Hezbullah has learned its lesson well and Lebanon will not let it forget.

Actually IDF Soldiers were Captured:

Hezbollah captures Israeli soldiers

"In order to fulfil a promise to free the prisoners and detainees, the Islamic Resistance captured at 9:05am [0605 GMT] two Israeli soldiers at the borders with occupied Palestine," Hezbollah said referring to its military wing.

Note that Hizb'Allah attacked Vaild Military Targets - something what Israel is kind of Not doing right now, by killing 100 Civilans in Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Thank you for proving my point about Israeli racism.

When Jews are killed it's a tragedy, when Arabs are killed it doesn't matter, because they're "not fully human".

Someone please explain to me why we give these people missiles and warplanes?
And billions of our tax dollars?

Is it racism? does Israel make Arabs to be snakes, demons, or vampires in state-run papers or do the Palestnians, Egyptians, Saudis and Syrians? When Palestinians bomb a bus all that matters is that they are killing Jews. They are not targeting a military figure they are fulfilling their religious obligation to kill Jews!
If you had a clue about the middle-east you would not say what you do.

Statistically more Israelis were killed by terrorist acts after the OSLO agreements than before them. So have Palestinians. The Palestinians have used every bity of freedom they have to attack Jews instead of building themselves a homeland.
Why is this? The Arab (and not all arabs) wet dream is to create an Arab country on all of Israel - it does not matter if there will be a Jewish majority but what needs to happen is for the Arabs to rule. Hezbullah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad all refer to all of Israel as occupied. That is what is fueling this war.

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well the Lebanon army has been attacked aswell.

This might be a bad move by Israel, the Lebanon army might start to fight back now (especially if Israel starts a small ground operation).

And hitting a populated Christian area isn't a smart move, seeings the majority of Christians support Israel and the links of Zionist Christians.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Its quite funny how people suffer selective amnesia when Israel does something bad.

Actually what was funny was that you were quoting Al Jazzera 'news' sources
as a non-biased source of information in regards to Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

And I'm challenging everyone to get back to the topic. Remember what it was? Something about a damaged ship? M'kay?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
Two British Warships are now heading out to the area. H.M.S Illustrious, and another one (I forget the name). It's not clear whether these are being sent to evacuate the thousands of British nationals in Lebanon, or something else.

To help evacuate British nationals.

I doubt its something else, it would be a crazy move by Blair to send British troops into the area. Plus, we wouldn't send troops in either.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
"No Iranian experts helping hezbollah to lunch missiles" hezbollah said on Al Manar TV

Iran said just the opposite and was quoted on all Major TV stations ... and a clip
was shown of Al-Arabia of them saying that. Iran says they have 100 soldiers
assisting Hezbollah and it was the Iranians who launched the Iranian bomb.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Iran said just the opposite and was quoted on all Major TV stations ... and a clip
was shown of Al-Arabia of them saying that. Iran says they have 100 soldiers
assisting Hezbollah and it was the Iranians who launched the Iranian bomb.

Yet, Iran apparently on its state TV said its had no involvement

ahh! conflicting reports again!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wish post about this war would stop ending and becoming racial/nationalist bickering. Israel is killing civilians, Hammas, Hazbollah they all kill civilians, it is not something new to the holyland. They ship according to Israel was attacked by "100 Iranian troops" And right now Israel is still pointing the finger at them, that could spell massive trouble. This war could easily become a regional or even a world conflict. Stop fighting over who kills the most civilians, there was never, there will never, and it is improbable to tink that an army can even be effective and NOT kill civilians. There are alot of international civilians including British and Americans inside Lebanon and they never had warning from Israel to evacuate. That kind of pisses me off that they trapped tourist and students there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join