It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Any 9\11 conspiracy debunk topics should be closed and the author banned

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Most cultures have a "returning hero" belief in their national mythos that involves some great priest-king/hero from times past to return in his country's hour of need.

With the Jews it is Elijah; this is why his place is set at the Passover Seder. With the Christians it is Christ, of course, with the Saxons, Beowulf or Alfred; with the Maya, Kukulcan; with the Aztecs it was Quetzalcoatl. The Germans believed that, when the time was dire, Charlemagne AKA Karl der Gross would return, for centuries the Muslims tald about the return of Sala-ed-din or Haroun al-Rashid, as did the Finns about Väinämöinen.

Debunkers are no different.

When the calls for censorship arise and things seem bleak for debunkerdom, the old grizzled debunkers like Father Luke Duke, Howard Roark, Deus Ex, and Zaphod, in quavering (yet still defiant) voices, will call the little debunkerettes and debunkeresses, saying,

"Courage! he is not dead; he is only sleeping! In the time of need, Off_the_Street will come again and lead us to victory!"

Rejoice! The Day is at hand!

***************

Lemme tell you something, Warthog.

Here is one person senior to you in both longevityand number of posts who believes that we are here to deny ignorance, not perpetuate it.

The only people who want those who disagree with their views banned is are those people who does not think their viewpoints can be defended in open, honest, and frank discussion. People who want others banned, it seems, are those who want to keep others in this community from the opportunity to make up their own minds.

That doesn't play here.



[edit on 30-6-2006 by Off_The_Street]




posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OTS!!!!!!

In the words of a John Wayne movie (wasn't it McLintock???)...

I heard you died!

Sure am glad to see you back!



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
All I've heard about anyone saying anything about 9-11 is Where's your evidence?. Here is a newsflash for you. There is no evidence! The only people who might have any evidence is NIST and everybody has already discounted that. Don't go bringing out the pictures or the video clips because nobody believes them either. The only reason that the 9-11 conspiracy angle has held on as long as it has is because of the complete lack of evidence. I enjoy discussing it and tossing out theories, but I have no hard evidence and neither do you, nor is it likely that we are going to get any either. I could have had the Pentagon ringed with high speed cameras on 9-11 and have thousands of photographs of a plane impacting the building and someone would still be calling them fakes and asking Where's your evidence?

This completes my rant and we now return to your original thread already in progress.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I too, understand what the author is trying to say (but he is wrong in the way it was presented). As i have said in another thread, I cannot help but notice a witch hunt that has developed in the conspiracy scene surrounding 9/11 (that isn't reference to this forum). Endless websites presenting theories and others attacking those theories. Its just crazy.

Of course, conspiracy theorist may be ignoring some key facts, but so are skeptics. 9/11 has taken away our right to question the answers because if you do, you are "unamerican" and "working with the terrorist". Its true to say, there are some crazy theories surrounding 9/11 but they are other theories that present evidence that makes you think.

As i said above, if you now question 9/11, the war on terrorism and Bush, you are one word.

unAmerican



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Valhall, greetings!

My short-term disappearance was caused by my last minute rush to finish up an MBA, which, at age 61, is about as useful -- career-wise, anyway -- as kitty-litter on a sand dune.

None-the-less, I am finally edjimacated enough so I can spend my twilight years (or maybe months) actually taking fun courses at a junior college with my bride and learning something (now there's a novel approach!)



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good to see you on the board Off_The_Street.



sanc



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you believe in conspiracy you should check out "let's catch this terrorist" by The Critic. My postees are terribly critical of statements but I don't think it's less than what i'm reading. You will find it by looking for The Critic or next to the door with the rest of the skunky captioned things but go there. this blog don't got enough in it and the postees are taking it away from the topic. not enough info. My blog is i admit out there but were trying to bring in new evidence.

I vote it's a conspiracy



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The prophesised time has arrived, we have witnessed the un-occulation of OTS (sri, pbuh)! Let the smiting begin!



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
All I've heard about anyone saying anything about 9-11 is Where's your evidence?. Here is a newsflash for you. There is no evidence! The only people who might have any evidence is NIST and everybody has already discounted that. Don't go bringing out the pictures or the video clips because nobody believes them either. The only reason that the 9-11 conspiracy angle has held on as long as it has is because of the complete lack of evidence. I enjoy discussing it and tossing out theories, but I have no hard evidence and neither do you, nor is it likely that we are going to get any either. I could have had the Pentagon ringed with high speed cameras on 9-11 and have thousands of photographs of a plane impacting the building and someone would still be calling them fakes and asking Where's your evidence?

This completes my rant and we now return to your original thread already in progress.


Your post is like a breath of fresh air to a drowning man.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
time out

Originally posted by The Critic
If you believe in conspiracy you should check out "let's catch this terrorist" by The Critic. My postees are terribly critical of statements but I don't think it's less than what i'm reading. You will find it by looking for The Critic or next to the door with the rest of the skunky captioned things but go there. this blog don't got enough in it and the postees are taking it away from the topic. not enough info. My blog is i admit out there but were trying to bring in new evidence.

I vote it's a conspiracy


While some of the posters may have been alittle impolite(I dont feel I was being one of them);Of course we are going to be critical of your statements in that post.. you made some claims that required some sort of validation(for the record I am on the side of the 911truth movement). We should not however get into a debate about that here.

the thread that The Critic is talking about is here:let's catch this terrorist

Resume thread- sorry MODS a little clarification was in order.



[edit on 30-6-2006 by TONE23]



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey Warthog911,

Even though I believe that the planes are not the reason the towers fell, I dont agree that anyone that disputes this should be banned or censured.

On most conspiricy topics, we will have those that believe in something other than the "Official Story", and those that believe only in the Offical Story.

Again most will not alter their belief even if alternative proof is provided.

Though I may strongly disagree with their inability to see the facts clearly, I still enjoy reading or hearing their side. To me it is comical to have people that have the illusion of superior intellegence over most others be so blind to a possibility that something other than an official report could have taken place.

Therefore, Warthog911, please continue to post, and learn to find humor in those that view things differently than you. In reality, we will never be able to do much about these things anyway other than discuss them.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
All I've heard about anyone saying anything about 9-11 is Where's your evidence?. Here is a newsflash for you. There is no evidence!


This is my point exactly! Can I borrow your soapbox for a minute? For someone to claim that they know the truth is ludicrous! How can anyone know the truth when there is so much disinformation and misdirection, not to mention lack of physical evidence?



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
I agree people can't be banned for anti-truth 9/11 statements or threads... everyone, even stupid people, have freedom of speech. Noone has a right in America to limit free speech. However, I think 911 truth posters on the threads should choose to simply not respond to bogus 911 threads- that's the only way bogus 911 threads can die.


Amen to that Bro.I think i learnt by lesson


and one more thing i like to quote from the website www.therealmatrix.com



Ironically, people who call themselves "skeptics" are not truly skeptics; they are only selective skeptics. This is because they may be skeptical about fringe ideas, but they are never skeptical about mainstream ideas or mainstream news. The same applies to debunkers.


and a reply for JIMC5499
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
and one more thing i like to quote from the website www.therealmatrix.com


Ironically, people who call themselves "skeptics" are not truly skeptics; they are only selective skeptics. This is because they may be skeptical about fringe ideas, but they are never skeptical about mainstream ideas or mainstream news. The same applies to debunkers.


I'd say that quote is ok until it gets to this part: '...they are never skeptical about mainstream ideas or mainstream news".

I'd say its more like "they're always skeptical about mainstream ideas or mainstream news and NEVER skeptical about fringe ideas".

Whoever wrote that paragraph must not read posts on this forum.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey yeah! Let's do that! They shouldn't be allowed to vote, either! God knows that they believe any little thing that they see (except Alex Jones and other Prophets of the Conspiracy Renaissance). So their judgment must be compromised. Maybe they aren't even real people - just automatons of the neocons. Neo-automatons?

And while we are at it, let's brand them on the forehead so that people will know when they see them coming that they are just sheeple and their opinion doesn't count and that they are stupid. Less than human in fact, obviously by their inability to think as we do.

It would probably be a good idea to round them all up and put them somewhere so they can only talk to other like minded individuals so their ignorance doesn't infect someone with a pure thought pattern. Maybe Texas since there are so many of them there, already. Maybe build a fence around them or something.

Not that I have anything against those kinds of people - in fact, some of my best friends are ignorant. Not that I would want one of them to date my sister or anything.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christophera

Originally posted by eaglewingz
When can we expect to see this evidence? I would really like to know how I've been brainwashed by reading ATS.


Your position is not clearly stated. At this point you are supposed to be producing evidence against brainwashing if you are reasonable.


I haven't stated that I have such evidence. You have stated that you indeed do have evidence for brainwashing.

I say again, produce your evidence that you claim to have in hand.
If you don't, why not?

Could it be because you don't have any ?

I await with bated breath



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Most cultures have a "returning hero" belief in their national mythos that involves some great priest-king/hero from times past to return in his country's hour of need.

With the Jews it is Elijah; this is why his place is set at the Passover Seder. With the Christians it is Christ, of course, with the Saxons, Beowulf or Alfred; with the Maya, Kukulcan; with the Aztecs it was Quetzalcoatl. The Germans believed that, when the time was dire, Charlemagne AKA Karl der Gross would return, for centuries the Muslims tald about the return of Sala-ed-din or Haroun al-Rashid, as did the Finns about Väinämöinen.

Debunkers are no different.

When the calls for censorship arise and things seem bleak for debunkerdom, the old grizzled debunkers like Father Luke Duke, Howard Roark, Deus Ex, and Zaphod, in quavering (yet still defiant) voices, will call the little debunkerettes and debunkeresses, saying,

"Courage! he is not dead; he is only sleeping! In the time of need, Off_the_Street will come again and lead us to victory!"

Rejoice! The Day is at hand!

***************

Lemme tell you something, Warthog.

Here is one person senior to you in both longevityand number of posts who believes that we are here to deny ignorance, not perpetuate it.

The only people who want those who disagree with their views banned is are those people who does not think their viewpoints can be defended in open, honest, and frank discussion. People who want others banned, it seems, are those who want to keep others in this community from the opportunity to make up their own minds.

That doesn't play here.



[edit on 30-6-2006 by Off_The_Street]


I liked your post so much I quoted part of it on another thread, Off the Street. If you'd like to see it in that context, here is the url.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Go to the 13th post on that page.

I do appreciate your sentiment!



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe the guys who come on and say we are all whacko disbelieving the official line, would like to read my commentary and respond to any one of the points raised. Dont attack me, I am only the messenger. As a retired airline training captain, i look at the impossibilities. Not two or four but far too many to have made tis story work in the real world. Lets start... An arab, who has 600 hours in his log book, but cannot even solo a cessna 172, gets on an airliner with his buddy, but their names are NOT on the pax list, so no ticket and no boarding pass. All security cameras are avoided. They takes over from 2 burly amer. pilots with box cutters. They KNOW they wont be intercepted. The pilot guy flies thru the hardly known corridor between usa and canada, where there is no norad nor faa radar coverage. he navigates to the pentagon which has no radio beacon. He plans a descent so as to arrive at exactly the right spot after a 500 mph 270 degree descending turn, from where he can line up wihth the naval intel section. He aims his massive airliner between 2 reinforcing columns. skims acrss the lawn at 500 mph only a foot above the ground, not blowing over any vehicles on the road. The planes weather radar explodes with a white flash, as if a 500 lb bomb has gone off, and the flimsy aluminium ship goes through a ten foot hole and penetrates many more reinforced concrete walls. No main wing, tail or engine is left out side only a small piece of twisted, painted, light-weight aluminium. There are no engine or wing damage marks on the rest of the builing surrounding the hole. The lawn is unscathed. 100plus DNA are recovered and identified, although DNA is meant to be useless above 100deg C. The airliner however was totally vapourised, maybe at a few thousand degrees C, as nothing much was left, no hundreds of seats, massive engines, nowt. All this was made possible by a guy in a cave in afghan. who shut down the trillion dollar usa defense system with his laptop. BBC then reported 9 so called hijackers are still alive, so maybe one of the penta guys was lucky. The planning was perfect as just such a hijacking exercise was ongoing in the us skies. That confused the faa controllers, who then were advised to destroy the tapes and shut up. There are still 84 security videos withheld by the fbi in the penta case. A perfect operation, says who??!!.



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThomasT
...but cannot even solo a cessna 172...

They didn't need solo certification. Didn't even have to know how to take off and land. Just how to guide a plane to a certain position and then do some, admittedly tricky, flying.Anyone can pick up the basics from any flight simulator. (not the physical feel, but all the controls and navigation)


They takes over from 2 burly amer. pilots with box cutters.

A. Boxcutters only aren't proven. There has been mention of acid and possibly a gun. The boxcutter idea has been kept on the front burner because 'cutters were allowed on board at the time. But of course everyone knows it's still possible to get weapons on a plane.
B. They didn't "overcome" the pilots. They took hostages. Expecting a regular hijacking, the pilots allowed them to take over rather than harm the hostages.



[edit on 6/30/2006 by eaglewingz]



posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
When can we expect to see this evidence? I would really like to know how I've been brainwashed by reading ATS.




Originally posted by eaglewingz
I haven't stated that I have such evidence. You have stated that you indeed do have evidence for brainwashing.

I say again, produce your evidence that you claim to have in hand.
If you don't, why not?

Could it be because you don't have any ?

I await with bated breath


You stated that people were brainwashed, I agreed and said I can support it's existence, you have now failed to support it's non existence.

This discussion is off topic, a distraction.

You are disinfo and will use my evidence to marginalize a more important argument. So therefore you must start a thread in the secret societies forum about brainwashing I will post there if you agree that to use that information here to marginalize discussion here, proves you are a disinfo.

I will not give you an opportunity to compromise my credibility to prove what I can about brainwashing


The Use of Quotes on ATS – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/30/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

ON EDIT:
Ironic,
I must quote to expose the posters lack of reason and deceptive manipulation in the creation a message redundant with the evidence of it. I fail in the complexity of the task and I am told I should l review a link about what I already know but cannot effect because of the complexity the unreasonable poster forces me to present. This in a thread about the problems disinfos, who do not use reason or evidence cause, as they work to obliterate truth with distractions and confusion.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Christophera]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join