It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any 9\11 conspiracy debunk topics should be closed and the author banned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oh so this is what american free speech is all about.

Why cant us nay sayers say the same thing?

People who come here, claiming the US goverment was behind 9/11 should be banned!

There was NO explosives, in the WTC, there are no such evidence. On pseudo evidence.
You should find out what thermite really is, that ingredients in consist of, and wonder why i could be found in WTC ruins.

Guys, there is NO cabal =)

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind

Being a "senior" member doesn't give your opinion more merit.

Amen, man. Iv'e been around these forums for over 3 years now, and I tell ya what. My opinion means just as much as someone who registers here tomorrow.

EVERYONE on ATS is entitled to their opinion, as long as it is within the T&C of the board. Remember....this is free to most of us, but those who manage are those who foot the bill, and we should respect their wishes if WE wish to remain here and VOICE those opinions.

Give the rhetoric a rest, people.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Support freedom, by limiting the free speech of those that oppose you?

Interesting Idea.. maybe rewrite the constitution... freedom to say or do anything you want, so long as its my idea... I like that concept... very Medieval

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
warthog911, while I understand what you mean, it is wrong sorry. I rarely bother to post in newbie threads about 911 because I can't be bothered to re-hash old info/dis info. I leave it to the more spirited of heart that walks the halls of ATS,
Do what I do, ignore the thread, why waist you breath,

Oh yea one more thing what makes you think you are a senior member?
I have been here for over 2 years, and I don't consider my self to be a Senior member at all, maybe when I put another year or two under my belt I may think that way.
Anyway relax just ignore the newbie 911 threads

[edit on 30/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
This newbies think that they know everyting.

...most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I

I have to say that juding from this post alone, (which may be considered to be somewhat selective), a naieve belief that one knows all there is to know does not appear to be the exclusive province of the newbies.

For the sake of clarity let me explain my position as both a new member and a cynic. I don't believe for one moment that we know all there is to know about what happened on 9/11 or why it happened and, like thousands of others I am prepared to listen to those who propose alternative hyotheses. I am even prepared to listen to some of the wilder notions as long as nobody expects me to pat the proposer on the head and praise him for his fine efforts to link the penatgon attack to refugees from Atlantis. (My apologies in advance if someone has already posted that by the way).

What I am not prepared to do is to blindly accept each and every madcap theory which raises its head. I am not prepared to give credence to "researchers" who present statements as facts when they are utterly unsupported and fly in the face of logic, reason and the vast majority of available evidence, and I am certainly not prepared to allow a lower standard of proof to be required from someone who seeks to provide evidence of, for example, molten (liquid) steel in the WTC wreckage or the use of Thermite than they would demand of Governments or their agencies.

"Deny ignorance" - of course; deny dissent? I trust that you were not being entirely serious.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You are right sauran you have to ignore them but i would like to say this line for the pro bush/govt
EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY-SCARFACE

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I do know where your coming from, I see some threads and I think christ here we go again, rolling my eyeballs around my head, from poorly researched, some outright dis-info and pure rubbish, and I mean that from both sides of the spectrum. Don't get me wrong though, some newbies have brought good ideas/theory's.
I think to my self, hey why did you/them, not post in an on going thread instead of a little drama that goes on for ten pages of things we have gone over a million times

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christophera
I think what he means is like a competition using REASON. If you enter and fail you are banned.

So who is going to be the judge on that? Everyone uses reason, just different reason. Other people dont just use a magic eight ball to come up with answers they ALSO think.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

This newbies think that they know everyting.This website has been attacked soo many times by forumites who think and will make you forcibly think that 9\11 was not an inside job.Threads like"screw loose change",9\11 consipracy is nonsense" makes me puke.Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I propose to ban all members/threads as they are nothing but dis info agents.This website's motto is deny ignoranace and making topics which debunk 9\11 attacks are just plain desperation by these neo cons cuz they know that thier NWO will fail.

I've got a better idea, how about we ban all people who act like they know what happened, can't prove they do, and want to forcibly silence any one who questions their statements. Because in my mind, those are the true cancers that keep people from discussing the issue with any semblance of intelligence.

Yeah, I like that idea better.

[edit on 6-30-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Warthog,

I think you've missed the point of ATS. The point is to discuss every side of an issue, in hopes that the truth can be discovered. As much as I may disagree with the pro-government/pro-Bush people in the 9/11 conspiracy, I still value seeing their viewpoints.

The fact is, more people see truth through education than do through slander. There's no need to condemn all people who see things differently. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As it's been said many times, "Opinions are like a**h***s, everyone has one." Just because the wording is crass doesn't mean that the idea behind it is. Everyone does have an opinion, and no matter how much you believe in your opinion, it's just that - an opinion. The fact is, I'd have never seen the truth on many issues, even outside of the 9/11 conspiracies, without having been given the benefit of seeing the opinions of those who disagree with me. Sometimes those disagreeing opinions open my mind to further truths, other times they further prove my point.

The key here on ATS is not to condemn those with different opinions, but to embrace them. One of the things that makes us human is our ability to form opinions, regardless of whether they're right or wrong. That's what makes them opinions.

Try not to mistake opinion with fact. Regardless of how much someone claims their opinion is fact, it still remains an opinion until it can be proven as fact. If you don't believe the proof offered by someone with a differing opinion, please just make an intelligent rebuttal, offering reasons (or better yet facts) why you disagree.

The simple suggestion of banning people for having differing opinions is laughable. Regardless of how much you hold to your opinions, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that everyone is going to agree with you. Everyone has their opinion, and thus everyone is entitled to defend that opinion to the death.

A difference of opinion is what makes ATS great. Without it, we're only subscribing to the ignorance that this site is here to try and deny.

Deny Ignorance. Accept Opinions.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

What i mean is that even after 4 years we still see members
say that the islamic terrorists did it.

Because that's really who pulled off 9/11 - Radical Islamic terrorists.

You want to shut people up who can see the situation differently
than you do? So much for alleged liberal tolerance eh?

I don't want to hear you whining about how congress wants to take
away the NYT press credentials.

BTW - I've been here longer than you and I'm not a 'senior member'.
Neither are you.

[edit on 6/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What i mean is that even after 4 years we still see members
say that the islamic terrorists did it.

Because that's really who pulled off 9/11 - Radical Islamic terrorists.

Yeah, they flew in on Magic Carpets, and just started trashing the place.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i smell..............Baaaaaaannnnage in the air......a little bit of warthog.....hmmm love to see the end result of this topic starter

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I dunno, but you've just made the entire 9/11 conspiracy movement look quite ummm how should I say this....i'll just say "bad". Yeah, that's a good word.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
first of all, u cannot lump people into groups like that

everyone is different and thinks differently

second of all , NO ONE knows exactly what happened on 911

u may think you do , whatever side you think your on, your all speculating

u think its inside job? Speculation

U think it was Not inside job? Speculation agian

u admit u dont know what the truth is ? HONESTY

now, the true debate in this thread isnt about 911
its about Freedom of Speech

Do people, no matter how dumb or wrong, have the freedom to speak their foolishness? Yes

would i ever want to stop them from spouting their garbage? No

Everyone no matter how dumb, as a right to express it
and ill protect that Right at any cost, even my own life

because i truely believe in freedom

We gotta hear everyones opinion no matter how outlandish, to form a reasonable opinion of our own

if everyone agreed with you, we would never Learn Anything
No truths would ever be uncovered
it would be a brainwashed boring world

i like ATS how it is right Now thank you, i want to see disagreements
i want to see the debate
becuase that debate is where i form my assessment of the topics

Freedom of speech on ATS is its strongest facet

without it, ATS would be worthless

Thanks to the mods for allowing Freedom of speech for all people

Edit :::

Just noticed
im are more "senior ATS member" that warthog is

and i say Freedom of speech for everyone!!

[edit on 30-6-2006 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just to throw in my $.02

As much as I personally believe that 911 was an inside job(to one degree or another); I have to disagree with wanting to ban people that object to our point of view. Since, they are backing the "official story".. the burden of proof is on our shoulders.

Also you have to look at it from ATS's point of view. If they were to ban people that tried to reinforce the "official story" then ATS would be taking an "OFFICIAL" stance. This is something that ATS works very very very hard to avoid.

What personally frustrates me the most are the "coincidence theorists". But as much as they get on my nerves I still value and respect the opinions that they have to share.

Most that are trying to help the 911 truth movement are generally too busy trying to present evidence to do the following list of my personal no no's; there are those from both sides of the fence that are guilty of the list I have presented below;
A.)attack the poster personally(against T&C)
B.)use completely irrelavent analogies
C.)Ignnore main points
D.)deflect and redirect points without answering them
E.)agressively dismiss anything presented as evidence
F.)refuse to swallow false pride and admit when they have been proven wrong

none are exempt from this list; as emotion often times plays a key role in the discussions hosted here at ATS. We all, myself included, must remain our own harshest critics. We must also always remember to keep our emotions in check..
aka D-EGO(see my sig for link)

And lastly, no matter how much we disagree with those who's opinions oppose us; we can never stop them from being heard. Of course anything that violates the T&C is subject to censoring and banning. But we signed that willingly when we joined and are legally bound to that contract.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I've got a better idea, how about we ban all people who act like they know what happened, can't prove they do, and want to forcibly silence any one who questions their statements. Because in my mind, those are the true cancers that keep people from discussing the issue with any semblance of intelligence.

Like it Valhall

I'm sure a 'senior' member would also know the motto deny ignorance, generally meaning if you are not fully prepared to comprehend possible facts regarding 911 and are debunking them straight away as you have already established your own opinion.. well I say we should ban you as you are completely going against the purpose of this site.

Conspiracy site.. fair enough. But not every story here is necesserily true, the pro's and con's of each must be looked at.. to deny ignorance !.

If you knew it was an inside job please show me the proof. Not a theory. Actual proof and I will quite happily 'shut up'

[Edit: Damned wrong button]
[edit on 30-6-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.

Obviously, you have spent much more time on this than a part-time poster like myself. The claim you have asserted above, that you know what really happened, is that backed up by facts? I'm not talking about comparisons, supposition, correlation, but actual documented facts that the events occurred exactly as you say?

I don't doubt that the 9/11 official story is warped and twisted. I'm not above accepting that certain aspects of that day were choreographed and scripted. What I have a difficult time accepting is that anyone that posts on this site actually knows the entire truth about 9/11. To make such a bold claim (see above) and toss hand grenades with those who don't agree with your theories is as bad as our government wanting us to believe the official story.

I'm not a conspiracy research expert, but I spend a fair amount of time doing tax research and can state that no opinion is issued without supporting each statement with verfiable facts.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why such an urge to ban people Warthog? Suppress and control thoughts and opinions? What does that create?

Just for fun:
All senior members of ATS are equal, but some are more equal than others.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This newbies think that they know everyting.This website has been attacked soo many times by forumites who think and will make you forcibly think that 9\11 was not an inside job.Threads like"screw loose change",9\11 consipracy is nonsense" makes me puke.Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I propose to ban all members/threads as they are nothing but dis info agents.This website's motto is deny ignoranace and making topics which debunk 9\11 attacks are just plain desperation by these neo cons cuz they know that thier NWO will fail.

The dragon will be slayed

[edit on 29-6-2006 by warthog911]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]

That sounds like if i wanted your opinion i would give it to you??????
i agree with your opinions on 9/11..but not everyone does and they are entitled to there opinion..IMO..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join