It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any 9\11 conspiracy debunk topics should be closed and the author banned

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well this thread has gone far enough.What i dont accept ats policy on 9\11 is that there no shadow beyond a doubt that 9\11 was inside job.Yes we can have a 2 sided diss on any topic like ufo's,secret societies,nwo,military bases,chemtrails,aids or any other story but 9\11 is a different story.Various govt wistleblowers have said that the official story does not compute.Another example is this latest govt employee former reagan cabinet member and colonel
www.prisonplanet.com...

I also remember ats had a ad saying that there is enough evidence that 9\11 was don by bush and co but it got removed with ads like screw loose change.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
We don't need such a questionable feature, much less permanent bans for posting the 'wrong' thing - i think that should be obvious.

Consider the following example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We can't manage to agree on the matter, it's imho very clear, but the post author thinks he's right. it happens, nothing to worry about, everyone can make up their minds.

Now, on to 9/11-ops, you're right that we have a problem with people jumping right into threads, never answering hard questions, bringing who-knows-what into he 'discussion' which is most often just designed to fill the thread with spam ( good example ). then we have cases of sources vanishing once posted, and so on.... lots of fun stuff.

BUT: banning these people changes nothing (will come back with different IP and name) and banning someone who just had a bad day is not worth it.

Limitations are not needed, they may be convenient, but it's stll the way of the sith (= *them* )

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wart says:

"What i dont accept ats policy on 9\11 is that there no shadow beyond a doubt that 9\11 was inside job."

I'm not sure what the above sentence means, but I think you're saying that there's no doubt that 9/11 was an inside job.

Most people -- including those with pretty strong engineering credentials -- happen to think that the 9/11 attackes were carried out by smart, well-planned, and well-financed Arab terrorists who took advantage of the United States' lax airport-security capabilities and were able to hijack four aircraft and fly three of them into controlled crashes.

Now I haven't a clue about your background, credentials, and education, since you don't care to share any of that stuff with anyone here. Maybe you're an American engineer working for an aerospace company; maybe you're an Indian teenager who loves a particular brand of computer game. Maybe you're a Canadian neurosurgeon and maybe you're a Brazilian astronaut.

It doesn't matter one way or another, of course; you are what you are, and you can say you are whatever you want to. But the bottom line is that what little background and credentials I have lead me to believe that none of that stuff involved much more than clever Arab terrorists and arather naive outlook on the part of the United States back in 2001.

And that's the reason that so many people will jump on your statements.

Now there'w three things you can do. The first is to put forth enough solid arbuments based ono available evidence and soiund engineering toback it up, so that you can convince others that your particular beliefs are right. If you do that, you win.

Or you can fail to convince others in here with whatever arguments you have. If you do that you lose.

Or, you can try to get people banned, since you're afraid to debate with them. If you do that, you lose, too.

Now, what do you want to do -- win, or lose?

It's your call.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
my call is thread closed and watch the world cup cuz this thing will never end until 2012.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
my call is thread closed and watch the world cup cuz this thing will never end until 2012.

I'm afraid "Thread closed" is not your call.

When a thread is opened that calls for the censorship of a large number of voices in this community, it's best to let that thread run so that all opinions can be heard and counted.

Those are my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This newbies think that they know everyting.This website has been attacked soo many times by forumites who think and will make you forcibly think that 9\11 was not an inside job.Threads like"screw loose change",9\11 consipracy is nonsense" makes me puke.Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I propose to ban all members/threads as they are nothing but dis info agents.This website's motto is deny ignoranace and making topics which debunk 9\11 attacks are just plain desperation by these neo cons cuz they know that thier NWO will fail.

The dragon will be slayed

[edit on 29-6-2006 by warthog911]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]

I'm sorry Adolf, but Germany lost the war.

We have something called , FREEDOM OF SPEACH.

This means, that people can express there opinions with out being punished. Kind of like how you can say that 9/11 was a inside job, with out being killed by the U.S govt. Or, how I can say that I believe that the official story was true, with out being banned from this site.

Sometimes, when engaged in a debate, ban the opposing side of the debate from debating. What kind of B.S is that????????????

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Best reply yet and I agree 100%
I have yet to see proof or hard evidence to back up the "inside job" story.

The proof I have that terrorist did all that our government said they did was seeing it live on TV and looking out my window at the towers after the first plane struck.

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Now I haven't a clue about your background, credentials, and education, since you don't care to share any of that stuff with anyone here. Maybe you're an American engineer working for an aerospace company; maybe you're an Indian teenager who loves a particular brand of computer game. Maybe you're a Canadian neurosurgeon and maybe you're a Brazilian astronaut.

It doesn't matter one way or another, of course; you are what you are, and you can say you are whatever you want to. But the bottom line is that what little background and credentials I have lead me to believe that none of that stuff involved much more than clever Arab terrorists and arather naive outlook on the part of the United States back in 2001.

And that's the reason that so many people will jump on your statements.

Now there'w three things you can do. The first is to put forth enough solid arbuments based on available evidence and soiund engineering toback it up, so that you can convince others that your particular beliefs are right. If you do that, you win.

Or you can fail to convince others in here with whatever arguments you have. If you do that you lose.

Or, you can try to get people banned, since you're afraid to debate with them. If you do that, you lose, too.

Now, what do you want to do -- win, or lose?

It's your call.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This newbies think that they know everyting.This website has been attacked soo many times by forumites who think and will make you forcibly think that 9\11 was not an inside job.Threads like"screw loose change",9\11 consipracy is nonsense" makes me puke.Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I propose to ban all members/threads as they are nothing but dis info agents.This website's motto is deny ignoranace and making topics which debunk 9\11 attacks are just plain desperation by these neo cons cuz they know that thier NWO will fail.
[edit on 30-6-2006 by warthog911]

I thought personal attacks were not allowed here. If this is not a personal attack, what is? Just because it is an attack on a large group of people does not make it any less offensive. In what way is this debate or research?

Lets see now if I don’t agree with Warthog I’m a “forumite”, “dis info agent” and I make Warthog want to “puke” and Warthog wants me banned because I don’t agree with everything Warthog says. This is clearly a personal attack.

Warthog I’m sure you’ll find lot’s of truths by only communicating with people who agree with you. I can see the threads now.

“Your absolutely right Warthog, everything you say is true.”

“Yes Warthog, I agree with you too. You always get everything right.”

“Warthog, I don’t know why we even bother to look things up when we can just ask you. You know everything.”

“Warthog I think you should take over the whole board. Then you could screen new people to make sure they all agree with you. We don’t want anyone here that might contradict something you say. They are all forumite’s and dis info agent’s anyway. All hail Warthog. Zeig Heil Herr Warthog.”

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
"This newbies think that they know everyting.This website has been attacked soo many times by forumites who think and will make you forcibly think that 9\11 was not an inside job.Threads like"screw loose change",9\11 consipracy is nonsense" makes me puke.Son we did months and months of research and most if not all of the senior members like me know what really happened on 9\11.I propose to ban all members/threads as they are nothing but dis info agents.This website's motto is deny ignoranace and making topics which debunk 9\11 attacks are just plain desperation by these neo cons cuz they know that thier NWO will fail."

See the thing is your doing exactly what you preech again'st...

Why support supression of anothers right to free speech?

This websites motto is deny ignorance but first you have to stop giving into it and being ignorant yourself. By asking if people will ban or delete these threads you have shown many people that you may infact doubt the 9/11 conspiracy yourself. By asking you show weakness and cowardess because you cannot face you enemies head on.
Now not everyone who posts debunk threads is a disinfo agent i know people who don't beleive the conspiracy they aren't agents they just think people supporting it are full of crap.
You also say that they forcibly make us try to think otherwise. The truth is you are doing exactly that also.

Bottom line- everyone is entitled to their opinions whether or not you agree.

What i do suggest however is if you don't like the threads don't read or respond to them and have temper tantrums elseware.

Like seriously would you like a lil chees with that whine....

P.S. I do beleive in the conspiracy myself i dont' think what anyone says will change that. If that is what you beleived also you would not have posted such a pointless rant which does nothing but support their side of the argument. Posts like this do nothing but harm the truth movement and for all those who agree with it you are part of the problem not the solution. If you can't face you enemies head on then you already lost.

I do not respond to those threads myself because quite frankly i don't give a rats ass. Topics like these always end up in fights....

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's of my opinion that shutting down all the disinfo agents and people who can't physically will themselves to see that this was an inside job should finally have their voice and vote on any matters revoked.

They still have their freedom of speech, but this is where amendments come in and revoke the right to remain ignorant. Some people just don't realize the damage that they can cause by allowing themselves to be heard, especiallywhen their opinion is wrong! Look at how fast the ghetto and rap culture spread, and that is clearly ignorant.

Somewhere along the way we got to thinking that all people were created equal, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Some people are born big, some small, some smart, and some not-so-smart. Some people excel in their areas of expertise, but lack talent in everything else. In a way, our freedom of speech has actually prevented us from taking action the moment we discovered the truth.

I don't believe ATS will do anything about this though. I don't even think this site was established to "get the truth out there," but actually promotes the ridiculousness of all these ideas by letting any slack-jawed yokel throw in his two cents... and that's my two cents.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by iamjman]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjman
It's of my opinion that shutting down all the disinfo agents and people who can't physically will themselves to see that this was an inside job should finally have their voice and vote on any matters revoked.

They still have their freedom of speech

One question. If they have their voice revoked (which means to take away their ability to speak) how do they still have "freedom of speech" ??

You just TOOK AWAY their speech!

But I'm sure you and warthog911 could have a lovely time agreeing with each other in the silence.

[edit on 7/1/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I don't believe ATS will do anything about this though.

Nope. Zero, Zilch, Nada. BUT! I can assure you that ATS Will continue to provide a venue for open debate and discussion on the myriad of topics worthy of such, to a Global community, mind you.

I don't even think this site was established to "get the truth out there," but actually promotes the ridiculousness of all these ideas by letting any slack-jawed yokel throw in his two cents.

Again, open discussion and debate by ALL members, with appropriate forum decorum and discussion board etiquette. Opinions and outlooks Do vary greatly on this big rock we All inhabit.?

Originally posted by iamjman... and that's my two cents.

Thanks for the pocket change, iamjman.

[edit on 7/1/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Slack-Jawed Yokels Need Love Too

I don't believe ATS will do anything about this though. I don't even think this site was established to "get the truth out there," but actually promotes the ridiculousness of all these ideas by letting any slack-jawed yokel throw in his two cents... and that's my two cents.

I must admire your penchant for irony.

The owners of ATS get a lot of grief for not jumping on this bandwagon or that, and the case of 9/11 theories is no exception.

Some members seem to really get ticked off about it, too.

But to those who resent this policy, I ask this question:

What if ATS did officially support a "true" 9/11 theory, suppressed and/or banned anyone who thought differently, and it wasn't the theory you supported?

In the past, I've been a member of forums that were like this to some degree or another.

The fact that it was in the past -- and not the present -- expresses my opinion far more eloquently than words can.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

They still have their freedom of speech, but this is where amendments come in and revoke the right to remain ignorant. Some people just don't realize the damage that they can cause by allowing themselves to be heard, especiallywhen their opinion is wrong! Look at how fast the ghetto and rap culture spread, and that is clearly ignorant.

Oh my gawd...you just took the prize for making the most mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, sock-sucking, soup-drooling, booger-picking-moron post I've read in a long while.

That's disgustingly low-class.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oh well, a lot of people are wrong about a lot of things and they get a lot more attention than they deserve. Would you disagree? All the whining and flashy TV time that these people have aquired for themselves is setting back humanity. I am of the opinion that something was fishy on 9/11 and I'd bet the farm on that.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by iamjman]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Oh well, a lot of people are wrong about a lot of things and they get a lot more attention than they deserve. Would you disagree?

No, not at all. However, "stating your opinion and being proven wrong" versus "being restricted from doing so in the first place" are two entirely different scenarios. Opinions are like ... well, you know ... they All differ and will always be accepted by a % in an odorous fashion. ? In my opinion, until a thought or theory has been conclusively proven false, the presenter has every right to purport that which they feel true.

All the whining and flashy TV time that these people have aquired for themselves is setting back humanity. I am of the opinion that something was fishy on 9/11 and I'd bet the farm on that.

With regards to 9-11, I do agree, the "fish farm" seems to be gaining substantial acreage. However, as in days gone bye, those wishing to "capitalize" from said events, or the "investigations" thereof, will always be a denominator in such equations. No?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Questions about the official story of 9/11 are what brought me here, continuing to seek answers to those questions keep me here. While I believe much has been covered-up in the aftermath, I have found very little to support any prior involvement but our government.

I’m not certain which is more surprising, the audacity of someone to actually start a thread to make such a foolish statement, the assumption of someone to think this would be received better or that the same person even three days later to not understand why it is so foolish.

While Deny Ignorance is a motto here, sticking your head in the sand & ignoring people with other opinions doesn’t seem very productive. I don’t expect much will be done either, luckily, but clearly the request is not only silly, but impractical.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
warthog911: i'm on your side bro.

to everyone: 911 was an inside job and dont believe me, go and do some research for yourself, and do NOT believe everything your goverment tells you.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by leo_infowarrior]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The owners of ATS get a lot of grief for not jumping on this bandwagon or that, and the case of 9/11 theories is no exception.

Some members seem to really get ticked off about it, too.

When I caught wind of this I was truly impressed with the admin of this site. It greatly straightened my faith in a close if not perfection leadership of this board. But regard the idea of restricting freedom of speech...are you serious. I mean it has been repeated more than a couple of times the views that I align myself with. That no matter the opinion it should not be oppressed. Sorry if this post as many others are just repeats but I would like to add to the number of members who are truly against this.

[edit on 7/2/2006 by The_Final]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh well, it's the freedom of speech that allows the other side to do their evil deeds and then say someone else did it. It's the same freedom of speech that allows people to voice their uneducated opinions and clutter the matter even more. Then that freedom of speech allows the bad guys to buy up all the TV time and fill it with information pointing the finger at Al Qaeda.

With something as important as this the people who make up this democracy need to make a LOT more informed decisions. Instead they want to sit around all day while the times are good, expecting somebody else to take care of them. Something bigger than Katrina is coming, and I can't wait for all these people to find out how stranded they really let themselves get.

In an ideal world a whole lot more people would have realized how ridiculously obvious the entire 9/11 sham was, and they would have helped those who couldn't see what really happened see. Too bad that's not the case though, and we're expected to respect another person's opinion; no matter how wrong it is. Everybody has arrogance about them, too, like who are YOU to tell them what to believe?

Like I said: I can't wait for them to find out just how little they really know.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by iamjman]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join