It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy Exploding Over Congressman Jefferson Raid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think regardless of legal, or ethical...
we the people, need the power, to investigate our representatives for corruption...

in fact, i would think that reps/sens had to be even MORE open, and answerable to the public, regarding donations, and time given to people who donate, and the voting records that follow such donations...

We have to have the power to search and arrest every representative, and senator
How else are we going to catch them, and get rid of them...

we know they all are scared, and they should be...
the fascists are coming for them... then they will come for us, but hey, at least they got rid of "THEM"

Interesting, how we now have our government at odds with its own leadership, and corruption all around... with fingers going everywhere...
It's the old "if I go down, you go down" scenario...
works for me

BUST EVERYONE, AND LET THE JANITOR RUN IT!
We will just have to teach him english first...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have the ill feeling we are being tricked or duped into accepting this. Its just, look at all the documents they took, did they really need it to begin with? not at all. This doesnt seem to be about jefferson anymore at all.

During its search of Jefferson’s office in the Rayburn House Office Building, the FBI downloaded computer hard drives with documents from constituents, other members and staffers.

“By taking the hard drive of a member, it's akin in the Framers' day of taking every single piece of paper out of a member's office. If they had went in and removed every single piece of paper, people would not be debating seriously how serious that is. But today, that's exactly what happens when you take a hard drive.”
newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

it appears they are worried about documents that arent related to corruption. The experts all agree that taking the harddrives is like taking ALL the papers out the office, whether its useful to the case or not.

With the supreme courts ruling against whistleblowers, it seems that the judicial branch is becoming less concerned with finding out about corruption and more about power. How can you claim your for finding out about felonies in the government and business, but then restrict the people who will tell you its happening? They disregarded the Whistleblower Act and ruled that whistleblowers are not protected and can be prosecuted for releasing info the employer doesnt want released. In saying that, how can they claim they are trying to actually crack down on felony in government and business?

[edit on 30-5-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is getting wilder by the day.

Now I've heard that they're trying to build support to impeach Gonzales.

A very good discussion by two professors of constitutional law on WAMU's
Diane Rehm Show today.

Seperation of Powers.

www.wamu.org...

www.wamu.org...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
it appears they are worried about documents that arent related to corruption. The experts all agree that taking the harddrives is like taking ALL the papers out the office, whether its useful to the case or not.

They did not actually take the hard drives. They made copies of everything on them.

Much different, wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
This is getting wilder by the day.

Now I've heard that they're trying to build support to impeach Gonzales.

A very good discussion by two professors of constitutional law on WAMU's
Diane Rehm Show today.

Seperation of Powers.

www.wamu.org...

www.wamu.org...

That's a good one...

write legal opinions condoning torture, and encouraging the administration that torturing prisoners is all fine and dandy, and get confirmed attorney general....

but, search a senator's office.....well, that's an impeachable offense!!! the congressmen should have known that the guy had a twisted concept of what the laws said when they read the torture memos and some of the other crap he's come up with...but now that the twists are turning against them....IMPEACH!!!

of course, the republicans have to remember...what goes around, comes around. sooner or later, and I am betting sooner, the way they are going, the dems will have the power, and they will be playing the same games back. washington could become a pretty ugly place.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by grimreaper797

They did not actually take the hard drives. They made copies of everything on them.

Much different, wouldn't you agree?

no I wouldnt, your still taking everything regardless of relation to the case. Not much different.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow, to be in your country when all this excitment is going on!

Now, I have read about your Top Cop as he is reffered to, he is the one who said that President Washington used electronic wiretaps to wiretap people's phones, right? But the phone was not invented and electricity had just been discovered by Franklin so hard for Washington to use electrionic wire taps on people's phones no?

So to believe he knows what he is doing now is silly, and reading the Clause about seperation of powers it seems that someone who works for the Executive branch is attacking someone in the congress.

But if your Federal Agents had warrents and legally obtained the documents then why were they frozen? If they were obtained legally how could they be frozen, like the 90,000 found in the mans freezer? Bad joke but to prove a point, he did something illegal, was caught on camera doing it, the Federal Agents had a warrent, what is wrong?

Or are these people calling this illegal the many Senators and House members? Are one of them Kennedy? Clinton? Frist? Oh to be so close to the powerful in America.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join