It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya Angry about Dog Food Offer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I agree with G-P. Even though is it called "Dog- Food" It does have to meet New Zelands food standard's requirements. They should be quite thankful the offer was made. I suppose they would prefer nice thick cut of Antaolpe or Horse. I know if my situation was as dire as their's, I'd eat anything that was approved by the Govt. for human consumption. Anyway, is it right for beggers to be choosers?

[edit on 12-2-2006 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have a quick question about those horrific pictures of the kid starving and eating out the cow's A**. I was just wondering if anyone has ever asked or wondered why they don't eat the cow instead of eating what comes out of the cow???

Or instead of washing themselves in cow pee, they don't follow the cow to find out where it found water and bathe in it???

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
. . . I was just wondering if anyone has ever asked or wondered why they don't eat the cow instead of eating what comes out of the cow???

A lot Subsaharan peoples are lactose intolerant. Milk is literally poison to them, if that's what you were thinking of.

And in desert areas, cattle are bread to need much less water than Euro-american cattle require.

Many african nomads drink the blood of their cattle. This gives them protein, water and salt, and doesn't harm the cow, if the bloodletting is done infrequently, on the whole herd.

Eat the cow once, and the steaks and protein are gone forever.

As for what comes out of the the end of the cow, much of the cellulose, (indigestible stuff like celery fibers) have been broken down by the cows stomachs. Some sugars remain. While no cultures consider cowflop a food source, they do what they need to, to get any nutrients and h20.

As for the cow pee, the urea might help keep the flies off.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
At least this guy is trying to help ... what are you doing to help poor starving African kids, Souljah??

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Hey, could this be the REASON?

Pet foods in Europe and the United States costs 17 Billion $.

Basic health and nutrition for everyone in the world costs 13 Billion $.

Gee, how nice to spend 4 Billion Dollars MORE on our Pets.

I guess it's they kind of Overestimated the ammounts that Dogs will eat - so they had to throw the Leftovers to the starving people of Africa.

It just Clearly shows the PRIORITIES of the so-called Civilized Corporate Western Society - DOGS infront of People, who starve to Death.

And you are PROUD of that Fact?

Sickening.

Ok. I read your post word for word. I STILL don't see anything that states what you're doing to help the starving millions......don't want to answer the question huh? Yep. Thats what I thought.

Typical.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
That is insane.... You offer dog food to starving people??... i mean, they are starving... but dog food ? I wonder how the NeW Zealnd would react if the offer had been amde to them ??

Are you kidding!?!

If I was STARVING TO DEATH I would be elated if someone where to save my life with dog food! Are you saying you would rather have them die?

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
That is insane.... You offer dog food to starving people??... i mean, they are starving... but dog food ? I wonder how the NeW Zealnd would react if the offer had been amde to them ??

Are you kidding!?!

If I was STARVING TO DEATH I would be elated if someone where to save my life with dog food! Are you saying you would rather have them die?

-- Boat

No, i was simply saying that dog food may make their fragile bodies even sicker than they already are...it may be too rich for them to diges, if you read more of more posts i said that i met ppl who ate dog and cat food to survive... i have tasted dog food myself, not to survive, but because i worked as a vet assistant and some of those litle fury buggers won't eat unless you pretend you're eating with them... and some of them will actually look at you to see if you're really eating it ...

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Let's talk about starvation

Starvation as we know it in our western society is been hungry after a long day without a warm meal.

Is the pain and growling that our stomach makes when we are producing to much gastric fluids.

When we talk about Starvation in the African nations is totally different, the people in Africa are Emancipated they have gone for so long without food that their bodies has lost the ability to feel hunger pains anymore.

Their own bodies are eating themselves up.

To the point that they do not eat at all but become lethargic until eventually they die.

When they are feed or force feed if the food is not special they will eventually die from dysenteries cause by to much rich nutrients on the food.

Just because some country wants to give the Starving people in Africa something to survive on, it can actually kill them.

That is why for people in African that are Starving they have to go through a process before they can even put solid food in their stomachs.

So is not as easy as many wants to make it.

Only if the people are already used to rich nutrients, fats and high proteins in their diet they will be able to eat the dog food.

But if they are not they will die from simple diarrea.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Would you take the chance and eat the food or would you not eat the food and die anyway? It's about the generosity of this particular company. They have donated a large sum of nutritious substance to help the starving people and yet other people here have a problem with that.
I would be gratious and believe that this company is doing a great deed that nobody here has. The thing is....they stepped up to the plate.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Would you take the chance and eat the food or would you not eat the food and die anyway?

The people that are starving in Africa will not be able to eat the food anyway.

It's about the generosity of this particular company. They have donated a large sum of nutritious substance to help the starving people and yet other people here have a problem with that.

Yes they seem to be generous but still what good it will do if the starving people can not even eat it.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There USED to be an Agreement, that the Cool and the RICH Nations made, that sounded kindof like this:

In recognition of the special importance of the role which can be fulfilled only by official development assistance, a major part of financial resource transfers to the developing countries should be provided in the form of official development assistance. Each economically advanced country will progressively increase its official development assistance to the developing countries and will exert its best efforts to reach a minimum net amount of 0.7 per cent of its gross national product at market prices by the middle of the Decade.

Now, in short, that Means that ALL the Rich Countries AGREED to give 0.7% of their Gross National Product (also known as GDP) for the poverty reduction and foreign aid to the people who need it. Like the starving Childern in Kenya to give an example.

Problems is, that Almost all rich nations have constantly failed to reach their agreed obligations of the 0.7% target!

Why is that People?

A Little Insignificant 0.7%?

Let's not Forget, that this donor governments promised to spend 0.7% of GNI on ODA (Official Development Assistance) at the UN General Assembly in 1970 - Almost some 35 years ago!

Whats going on Today?

Well, let the Numbers SPEAK yet again.

But according to Mister David Roodman from the [urlwww.cgdev.org...]Center for Global Development[/url], adjustments to the aid numbers must be made, due to the Factor of Private Contributions.

Then the Chart Looks like THIS:

Can you SEE New Zeleand? (ODA means Official Development Assistance)

Yep - it's that country AT THE END!

There are only FIVE Countries that actually meet the UN Agreement.

As you can see, Lots of the RICHEST Nations in the World FAIL to Fullfill their 35-year old Promise, that they would give 0.7% of their GDP for Foreign Aid - well some of them, are really, REALLY bellow that Line which reads 0.7; like for example New Zeleand, which is almost the LAST on each and every count.

They are sending a Miserable 0.03% - and ofcourse, DOG FOOD.

Those 0.7% mean Life and Death to some People - to others, it just means PROFIT.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally said by Souljah

As you can see, Lots of the RICHEST Nations in the World FAIL to Fullfill their 35-year old Promise, that they would give 0.7% of their GDP for Foreign Aid - well some of them, are really, REALLY bellow that Line which reads 0.7; like for example New Zeleand, which is almost the LAST on each and every count.

They are sending a Miserable 0.03% - and ofcourse, DOG FOOD.

Those 0.7% mean Life and Death to some People - to others, it just means PROFIT.

I don't see your communist freinds on that list or any muslim countries.
The only people I see giving any aid are the capitalist western nations and when they do send aid you complain that it's not enough.

Why don't you complain to the countries that aren't giving?

BTW Souljah, you keep avoiding the question on how much money or food you've given to the people of Kenya.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You know, it begs the question how these people got in this situation in the first place, for one, it isnt our fault.( its not theirs either, its their governments, i know). But any help of food given to them whether dog food or cat food or even money, is at our mercy.

Food is food, no matter what name it is dubbed. If its saving lives, its the RIGHT THING to do.

Marg, food will not kill these people. Food normally helps people live

Id like to second other peoples questions to souljah, who seems unbelievably ignorant, HOW ARE YOU HELPING THESE PEOPLE more than this company in NZ. If you arent, which i doubt you are shipping more than 42 tonnes of food, then kindly quit being the hypocrite.

Arrowhead.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If I owned a company that made snickers, I would donate snickers to the poor people of Kenya. The same for pretty much anything that could help them out.

A donation of dog food from a dog food company will go MUCH further than if that company were to donate human food or even money. Because the price to produce the stuff is so cheap that them giving the donation in dollars would not be much at all.

Anyways, every little bit helps

[edit on 12/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

A donation of dog food from a dog food company will go MUCH further than if that company were to donate human food or even money. Because the price to produce the stuff is so cheap that them giving the donation in dollars would not be much at all.

Anyways, every little bit helps

That's a lovely sentiment, SportyMB; but I'm afraid it's not entirely true.

Every little bit doesn't help.

Especially when it's a bag of paleo-leftist anti-western hot-air.

People have starved to death, nations have collapsed, trying to subsist on communist propaganda.

Right, Souljah?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
its good to know what to send to civilized world in case of disasters. I think ill just stack up on Pedigree pal, in case theres another Katrina

dont worry about starvation in Africa though, Slovenia has its best man working on it

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If she's giving away powdered meat, I'll take some. Food is food, and free food is free food. I've been in situations that made me appreciate that. I'm glad folks came to their senses and decided to accept any and all aid.

There's no such thing as too proud to die.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If I am starving then I would eat the dog food and be happy that I had something in my stomach. If they are so upset about it being dog food maybe they should just feed it to dogs and then eat the dogs.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I don't see your communist freinds on that list or any muslim countries.
The only people I see giving any aid are the capitalist western nations and when they do send aid you complain that it's not enough.

So if somebody Does not Agree with YOU people, or PRAISES the Grateful gift of DOG FOOD to the people who starve to death, can be just two:

- either a Filthy Communist
- or a Muslim Terrorist

Yeah people, please keep an Open mind at all times - it sure helps to Deny the Ignorance.

Why don't you complain to the countries that aren't giving?

I am not complaining - as you saw, the Dying people of Kenya have accepted the Gift from New Zeleand, because it will save lives. I have a problem with so many so-called CIVLIZED WESTERN COUNTRIES, that want to look like the Knights in shingy armor, walking this Planet and protecting the Innocent, but they are not keeping their promises, that would save the lives of Millions of Children. Why did they say they would give a 0.7% for foreign aid, if they did not want to? They LIED - just like all of the times! And YES - I DO have a problem with that, becase there is PLENTY of EVERYTHING for EVERYONE on this Planet - in fact, some people have TOO MUCH of EVERYTHING, and have to Throw it Away, while the OTHER people starve to death.

Welcome to the Corporate Society - where Profits is BEFORE people.

0.7% would not mean alot of Economic Loss for the Developed countries with a booming economy - but that little number means life and death to some people - and I guess that really does not mean anything to others.

If you did not notice, the Muslim countries are not among the Top Richest - if they are they have ALOT of OIL, which means they are in bed with the West, usually with United States. And I guess that they do not have a problem with that either.

BTW Souljah, you keep avoiding the question on how much money or food you've given to the people of Kenya.

I don't know exactly for Kenya - but we have given 1.5 Million $ of Help through Unicef Slovenia in year 2004 for the Children of Africa - like these in Kenya. That is money collected with Private Contributions - not Goverment sponsored. Yes, you can laugh now, but for a county, which has a population of 2 Million people, that not a small donation. I am sure that UNICEF will take care of some of these starving Children and give them Proper Food for this ammount of money. And among this money there is MY small and humble contribution, which would save at least one Child.

How many have you saved with YOUR donations, Ace?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

If I am starving then I would eat the dog food and be happy that I had something in my stomach. If they are so upset about it being dog food maybe they should just feed it to dogs and then eat the dogs.

I guess you did not bother to READ this Story, did you?

Yes, they ACCEPTED the Dog Food - Mister Grady just did not want to Focus on that part of the story. Yes, the Dog Food will save a number of Lives of the Children. And do you think there are any DOGS left in Kenya?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join