It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya Angry about Dog Food Offer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I don't know about New Zealand, but in the US dog food is made at very near the same standards as people food.

Really!!!!

No wonder we have been faced with all kind of food reactions and allergies and then on top of that plenty of carcinogens.

I had to take my three dogs out of commercial dog food due to allergy reactions and nasty fungal infections in their ears that do not go away.

Guess what as soon I put them in a restricted diet of natural food they are getting better.

And to think that I spend hundreds on Vet medicines to take their problems away but none of them told me to get them off the nasty commercial dog food.

Read the ingredients you be surprised of what you will find, but then again we humans eat the same crap.

Just because people are in starving conditions their dietary needs and what they are use to eat is completely differenct of what they are given to eat.

Some of the food given can kill them taking in consideration that their starved bodies are already weak and their bodies can not take the same type of food we in other countries eat.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Beggars cannot be choosers

If you go long enough without food you will eat anything gladly. Theres villages in Africa were the people fill their bellies with a form of Wild cabbage that is pretty much grass. When your hungry enough you will boil the leather in your shoes and eat it.

I personally would gladly eat dog food if I was such a situation.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Marg, according to the ingredients, its everything i use to make my famous "Arroz con Pollo" Only this would be "Arroz con Perro"

Seriously, there is nothing disgusting about the ingredients.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I had to take my three dogs out of commercial dog food due to allergy reactions and nasty fungal infections in their ears that do not go away.

Guess what as soon I put them in a restricted diet of natural food they are getting better.

thast cause you got fancy gourmet dogs...next time try some mutts,...hehehe......seriosuly I'm glad their better now

Originally posted by dgtempe
Marg, according to the ingredients, its everything i use to make my famous "Arroz con Pollo" Only this would be "Arroz con Perro"

probably the as Wheener Chow Mein

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Beggars cannot be choosers

You are wrong, the dietary needs of many of the people we are talking about is very different, they have littler protein and more vegetables or grasses that are natural to their enviroment.

Many due to their religion will not eat meats, or pork fat.

Feeding them any type of food can actually kill them.

That is why you see on TV a milky substance given to them that look like oat meal, to prepare their bodies for other solid foods after been starving for to long.

The milky substance is high on protein but no necessarily from fat.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Seriously, there is nothing disgusting about the ingredients.

The ingredients are not disgusting if you take in consideration that our own manufactured human food is full of the same stuff.

A lot of ingredients and additive of food are actually causing many other problems on humans but we are used to them.

Once you got into a clean diet and cook your food avoiding all kind of manufactured additives and ingredients and stick to organic food you will feel and see the difference on your own body.

One of the most used ingredients is gluten or better known as corn, wheat also and they are used as fillers, yes they sound natural but the true is that a big majority of people have allergic reactions to many of these fillers without even realizing.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
While there will be little to calm the rabid among us, here are some links with more information on the "ration packs" sent to Kenya and also the website of Mighty Mix. I'll post more if I find them.

tvnz.co.nz...

www.mightymix.co.nz...

The Canterbury businesswoman behind the manufacturing of food that is being sent to help starving children in Kenya insists her product is not dog food.

Christine Drummond said her company Mighty Mix Wholesale Ltd develops food for human consumption, while her other company, Might Mix Dog Food Products, makes animal food.

She believed her efforts were criticised due to confusion over the product names.

nzherald.co.nz

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You are wrong, the dietary needs of many of the people we are talking about is very different, they have littler protein and more vegetables or grasses that are natural to their enviroment.

Many due to their religion will not eat meats, or pork fat.

No concerning the wild cabbage you are wrong. The people actually hate the wild cabbage and it makes them sick. They only eat it because its the only thing they have to eat and it fills their belly.

A grown man would need to eat a room full of wild cabbage to satisfy a day's nutritional requirement

www.insightnewstv.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
thast cause you got fancy gourmet dogs...next time try some mutts,...hehehe......seriosuly I'm glad their better now

Probably you are right, they are lashas, but the truth is that back home my family used to raised them when I was growing up and my mother used to feed them human food, more organic occurs and they never had any skin or allergy problems.

Here in the US everything is manufactured and dog food is cheap if you have three dogs to feed.

Now I have to spend a littler bit more but is worth it, after spending so much on vet visits.

Vets are as expensive as human doctors.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

A grown man would need to eat a room full of wild cabbage to satisfy a day's nutritional requirement

Actually that is why they are starving many villages grind seeds and make a flat bread and that is the sole food they eat all day.

Also roots are also part of their diet whenever they can find them.

The problem is not what they eat or find to eat, but the fact that their bodies has been starving for so long that regular food or a diet different from what they have been eating can cause more damage than good.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This "wild cabbage" is not really cabbage its a weed the people just call it that. They cant make bread from it, it has almost no nutritional value and it actually makes them worst when they eat it.

But they have no other choice ala "Beggars can't be choosers"

People that desperate will take the "chance" when it comes to real food. If they were eating this weed for a week and all of a sudden they found a chicken to eat they are not going to say well lets not eat this it could make us worse they are going to eat the chicken.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
But they shouldnt have to eat dog food.

I know damn well you'd all raise a stink if you had to survive on dog biscuits and you know it as well.

hypocrits.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I know damn well you'd all raise a stink if you had to survive on dog biscuits and you know it as well.

hypocrits.

Why don't you send them some steaks or whatever else you have instead of complaining about this company offering what they have so that a few lives may be saved?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Marg, I was mostly referring to sanitary conditions at dog food plants. The workers there wear hair nets and gloves just like in "people food" plants.
I believe the bad part is that they put nastier chemicals in people food than pet food. Dogs will eat damn near anything, but they put MSG in people food to make you think it tastes better. Polyethylene Glycol makes it "feel" better in your mouth, the dog doesn't care what it feels like.
I'm glad your dogs are doing better, most animals/people do better with a more natural diet.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am not saying that dog food should be good enough for them. I am simply saying that since it was offered, its better than NOTHING.

If they are not told "this is what the feed dogs", they would like and appreciate it.

Lets not be so ungrateful and snooty. I'm judging by what i would do.
I'd eat the darn thing if i was starved.

My grandmother used to make a pigs feet stew that would knock your socks off in my country. I really miss it.

Some of you would have a little problem with this, but its the best darn thing you could ever taste

[edit on 11-2-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Good grief.....some seem to criticize sooooo darn easily.
What are YOUUUUU doing to help millions of starving people Mr & Mrs Criticize???

Seriously, I'd really like to know what YOU do to help. Sit and eat your steak while feeling sorry for them? That's the average pity.

This woman has DONE SOMETHING TO HELP! Much more than most people on this god forsaken planet.

It isn't dog food.....its a mixture of vitamins, minerals etc that are used IN dog food. I see peas and carrots in the dog food I sometimes feed my dog. Should we stop eating those now because they're in dog food?
Puh-leeze, give the poor woman a break. At least she is taking ACTION instead of talking alotta crap like some here are doing.

My thoughts.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Pickled pigs feet is a very big favorite in the South. There's a black man from New Orleans here in Albuquerque who is here because of Katrina. When one of the local reporters asked him what food he liked that he couldn't get here, he replied, "Pickled pigs feet."

[edit on 2006/2/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

hypocrits.

Anyone thats says they wouldnt eat dog food if they were starving is lying. You might say no never while being well feed sitting in your warm house infront of your computer screen. I guarantee if you were hungry enough you would eat it. Once your survial instinct kicks in you will eat almost anything including other people.

I have eaten much worst stuff then dog food during survial training grubs, grasshoppers etc.. If I was starving I would think twice about it eating dog food to survive.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Grady, pickled is great also. Its a delicacy. I just draw the line when it comes to monkey.

Pigs tail stew is also incredible. Its also an original Castillian dish. Dont get me wrong, i like expensive foods too. But once in awhile i get my ingredients and go for the gusto.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmm… let millions starve because the food is made from a dog company, and then complain about the offer, which never had to be made. Ok, some people are defiantly not thinking straight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join