It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you May Conjure with Magic?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
".I am surprised you wish to continue what makes no sense to me..If you persist, I shall have to use goddess ignora.

I suggest you leave the board then if you can't discuss and run away the second things don't go your way. old folks behaving like spoiled children...threatening other with ignore as if they care. trying to be popular or something? should people worry when they're not on your "cool" list
you still have a lot of growing up to do if you also behave like this in every day life. People ask valid questions at least you can do is show some respect and answer them.

For the question what can you "summon" with magick. Well there are Invocation and Evocation of many types of beings.

Evocation is where you summon a being near you. Preferably within a controllable area. You can use Enochian to summon Angelic beings or Goetia for daemons. Daemons are not demons and the original meaning of Daemons is Spirit and spirits are free of human morality. Demons are christian terms and have 0 weight behind the meaning. Then you also got the elemental beings. Invocation is allowing these beings to enter your body so they can speak through you or do things through you. And no this is not dangerous when done properly. Because you won't do it untill you're actually ready and have build up sufficient willpower and experience. Idiot kids who do it just to be cool...well it's their fault not the magick.

So what can you summon has a wide range. Baphomet is one of many. And yes I can "control" him. Where the hell does the need to control from anyway? You work together, you show respect and they are more willing to help. They aren't a dog or anything that you can "control". They are powerfull beings with a mind of their own whom you can befriend if you want.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

For me the craft of the Ancient, and believing your reason for being is learning and living every experience the human condition/incondition has to offer and sometimes its not much time you have to be there. Finally after finding everything about the human life you go to your next plane of life/existing this really helps me cope and explain the inexplainable.

When I was a small child, I could not understand why a loving G-d would send someone to hell just for being human, so I began to read all there was on alternate beliefs.
The 'one life' theory to me is a waste of thinking, as one live of say 75 years, is NOT enough to look on the Creator of all there is..Nice post.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't have the least desire to convince anyone else to agree with me, but that said, I am now a firm believer in life after death. Most of my life I felt that it made the most sense, but it is different now. I hope that when I die I will become aware of the nature of the change, but I recently realized that that is not a given. When I hear details of the experience I believe the people who recount them but feel all of us are likely to have unique ones, so I do not base my expectations on them.
And I could be wrong, and as Gertrude Stein said 'Dead is dead.'

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

And I could be wrong, and as Gertrude Stein said 'Dead is dead.'

The 'other side' is too magnificent for words.
Imagine if all your wishes were fulfilled all at one time, and magnify that by a billion.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have heard that same description from others, in different words. It was explained to me that it is a real challenge deciding to come back here. No doubt. I hope to live a long life, but when I'm done, I look forward to a change of scenery. My fiance was in a coma, and many things that happened then were enough to tip the scales and make me firmly on the side of the believers in the 'otherside'.
Plus one of my all time heroes is a believer.
'There is no death, only a change of worlds.' Chief Seattle

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Plus one of my all time heroes is a believer.

I love the native American belief systems, but I often wonder what type of karma the men who slaughtred entire tribes almost, I would not wish to be in their 'life review'.
They are all highly-evolved human beings.
The most awesome thing to me about the braves it they never have to shave and have no body hair anywhere, but in the pubic area, this is also true of full-blooded Dogon tribe in Mali.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I love the native American belief systems, but I often wonder what type of I would not wish to be in their 'life review'.

No doubt. But being able to watch the reaction on their faces would be priceless. Reviewer: "So, when you shot this Beotuk, you ended the existence of their people completely." Genocidal colonist: " So that was bad then?"
Interesting Dogon reference. It figures that a member with sirius in their name would know that. I so agree with your praise of the First Nations people. They called the arriving people brothers, and the upstarts called them savages.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by Enyalius

"occult/magick is just like any other path that leads to enlightentment there is no sellling of souls or material gain through weird means. there are no blood offerings or any of such kinds. open your eyes already. the only thing you people see is the surface and if that is how you pass your judgement you're shallow idiots. "

My redneck friend, it appears that you are the one that needs enlightenment after all you are the one who is passing judgement. Remember it is the guilty dog who barks the loudest.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Interesting Dogon reference. It figures that a member with sirius in their name would know that. I so agree with your praise of the First Nations people. They called the arriving people brothers, and the upstarts called them savages.

Even today, native americans who marry a white are ostracised much MORE than any racial pairing,especially at and around Rosebud and the Dogon are still savages, even though they can map the universe, they have little or no education. Tis a mystery when men do not grok something they knock it

Don't grok, then knock.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I haven't had enough time to read ALL of the posts to this thread, but I do find it fascinating. Eliphas Levi was THE MAN who popularized a lot of occultic theory (before Crowley, anyway) by publishing books about Magic ... What I find interesting is that most folks do not even question where he got his information... I know that he studied the work of Francis Barrett ( his is a very interesting story as well!), but other than that there just isnt much that I have found thus far about who Levi studied with. Anyone know more about the fella?
Does anyone else share the same sort of sceptical fascination of the 'occult' that I do? I have an idea that seriously studying it, and putting it into practice is akin to brainwashing ( for lack of a better word!). For instance, If I were to meditate on the image of a 10 foot tall furry blue elephant every day for a year I have no doubt that it would become real to me.
I know that isnt the best example, but in a way that is what i believe taking up study of magic or a spiritual path does to the psyche. I guess that is why I am so hesitant to commit to any one path. who really knows where this information came from? What if it is not of the light? what if what if what if???????
Those two words are a plague to my very being! Grrrrrr... I do not think anyone will get what I am trying to say!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Even today, native americans who marry a white are ostracised much MORE than any racial pairing,especially at and around Rosebud

That is true here as well. My fiance is Native, and I can attest to the truth in what you say. It is the same here. Where is Rosebud? That was the name of a Portland hockey team once. But I guess opposing teams did not find 'Rosebud' very intimidating. Clearly, in this area, a black/white couple is treated very differently than a blk/blk or wht/wht couple, and my experience was that most people are not supportive. After 5 years of learning how covertly racist this part of Canada still is, which I learned from being in a black/white relationship, I learned that it could be worse.
My fiance and I have been treated even more poorly. Overt disgust has been much more in evidence..... people feel it is more acceptable.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerryMistressMarie
I haven't had enough time to read ALL of the posts to this thread, but I do find it fascinating. Eliphas Levi was THE MAN who popularized a lot of occultic theory (before Crowley, anyway) by publishing books about Magic ... What I find interesting is that most folks do not even question where he got his information... I know that he studied the work of Francis Barrett ( his is a very interesting story as well!), but other than that there just isnt much that I have found thus far about who Levi studied with. Anyone know more about the fella?
Does anyone else share the same sort of sceptical fascination of the 'occult' that I do? I have an idea that seriously studying it, and putting it into practice is akin to brainwashing ( for lack of a better word!). For instance, If I were to meditate on the image of a 10 foot tall furry blue elephant every day for a year I have no doubt that it would become real to me.
I know that isnt the best example, but in a way that is what i believe taking up study of magic or a spiritual path does to the psyche. I guess that is why I am so hesitant to commit to any one path. who really knows where this information came from? What if it is not of the light? what if what if what if???????
Those two words are a plague to my very being! Grrrrrr... I do not think anyone will get what I am trying to say!

The "brainwashing" is not part of it. If you study it you do not study magick at first. You'll study a lot of various directions within the occult. Such as Jewish mysticism (kabbalah), you do some Alchemy (chemistry and getting the basics of how to read symbolism), you'll study works by Carl Gustav Jung the psychologist who was raised by Freud, you'll study nature and philosophy, various life philosophies such as Witchcraft (ancient and modern wicca)/Shamanism/Druidry, works by Dione Fortune such as "Applied Magic and aspects of occultism, you'll delve into indian tantrism and yoga as well as many religions to get a decent idea about them all...no brainwashing involved. In fact you'll gain such a broad and indept insight into so many aspects of life itself it'll be enlightening. However due to the broad topics of study you'll grow a lot as a human being. Magick is just a tool...an add-on of the study. There are enough occultists who don't do magick at all.

The brainwashing is what you do to yourself. You really believe we study 24/7 for a year? Nope we take breaks as well in order to let the material sink in and be digested and analyzed before trying it out into practice. next to that you can still easily live your life as usual and use life itself as study material as well. Nature has a lot to offer after all.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Enyalius]

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i have studied all of the above.
I do not think that Jung was raised by Frued, but correct me if I am wrong.. From what I know-Jung worked with him for years and eventually parted ways with Freud because his beliefs became different and of a more spiritual caliber eventually. Jung was deeply interested in psychic phenomena and Alchemy, to name a few.Freud thought it for the birds. The point I was trying to make is that the specific techniques and exersizes within the Western Mystery Tradition appear to be very repetitive. (insert another word for brainwashing. bad choice of a word) and are jammed packed with visualizations prayers, Hebrew vibrational tones/words, and rituals. Take for instance the LBRP: Now, I can understand the imagery of drawing into you the light of the heavens and creating a safe boundary around you made of glowing pentagrams'... but calling upon the directional Archangels?? How does one KNOW what those energies really are. Most just read and take someone elses word for it....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What can I say other than I am a curious sceptic and honest seeker. I question everthing to the point of where it is debilitating ..
I have a great amount of respect for those who have the balls to practice the Arts..

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It doesnt take balls to study the arts, it takes confidence in yourself that your intent is good. Have you ever done a ritual when you were a kid? Wishing and hoping, maybe a little lucky dance or some talisman you use, like a teddy bear. That is Magick. Praying to God, prayer groups, all that is Magick.

The more you add to it the better your chances are for good results. That is why there is high magick and low magick. Low magick is just praying/wishing.

High Magick involves herbal bath, ritual clothing scribed candles, the proper incense, the right day of the year/month/week, the right time of the day, etc. It goes on and on, the more you prepare and add to it the more than likely your higher self makes the proper connection.

If you are not affraid of prayer, do not be affraid of magick.

Meditation, for me is practice for visualization for the most part. The better you are at visualizing your intent the more than likely your intent is interpreted by the universe. Not at all for brainwashing, but more for brain-exersizing.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Not at all for brainwashing, but more for brain-exersizing.

Smart way of explaining what you do!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Originally posted by Enyalius

"occult/magick is just like any other path that leads to enlightentment there is no sellling of souls or material gain through weird means. there are no blood offerings or any of such kinds. open your eyes already. the only thing you people see is the surface and if that is how you pass your judgement you're shallow idiots. "

My redneck friend, it appears that you are the one that needs enlightenment after all you are the one who is passing judgement. Remember it is the guilty dog who barks the loudest.

1. I'm not a redneck, nor am I anyones friend here, nor am I looking to form friendships with the people here.
2. I suggest you to re-read what I type. There is no judging because I simply don't say concrete that "you're a shallow idiot". I say that...if you do something a certain way, and that way applies to you, then my opinion is that you are a shallow idiot. My opinion, not a judgement simply because no1 is in a position to judge another individual.
3. I don't feel guild. I do feel tired from people sharing incomplete, biased views without hearing the other side.

seeing you said "appears to be" I thought to shed some light on it to avoid further confusion.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

After 5 years of learning how covertly racist this part of Canada still is, which I learned from being in a black/white relationship, I learned that it could be worse.

Rosebud is a 2.8 million reservation in S. Dakota.
Am posting a link..
I lived with a full blooded Sioux brave for over a years and he taught me more in that year than I could ever learn from thousands of others..about conjuring, the cosmos, seeing the third eye in everyone and was taught tantric sex starting at ge 5, but they do not call it that, but he blew my mind, as I though there was NO man who knew how to do it, just useless rhetoric from males until him, as I already was capable.
Their initiation processes are unequalled.

www.mnisose.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Tantric sex, eh? Almost makes me want to move to Rosebud and take classes!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I lived with a full blooded Sioux brave for over a years and he taught me more in that year than I could ever learn from thousands of others..about conjuring, the cosmos, seeing the third eye in everyone and was taught tantric sex starting at ge 5, but they do not call it that, but he blew my mind, as I though there was NO man who knew how to do it, just useless rhetoric from males until him, as I already was capable.
Their initiation processes are unequalled.

Siriuslyone,

How great for you to have had such a knowledgeable teacher! Have you ever thought about writing your story? I think it would do the world good to have experiences like yours told. You have been very lucky, for it is hard in this day and age to find a flesh and blood teacher.

MMMarie

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join