It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you May Conjure with Magic?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
external image

BAPHOMET, THE GOAT OF MENDES

The practice of magic-either black or white-depends upon the ability of the adept to control the universal life force-that which Eliphas Levi calls the great magical agent or the astral light.By the manipulation of this fluidic essence the phenomena of transcendalism are produced.The famous hermaphoditic Goat of Mendes was a composite creature formulated to symbolize the astral light.It is identical with Baphomet, the mystic pantheos of those disciples of ceremonial magic, the Templars, who probably obtained it from the Arabians.

"This type of creature has been here for eons.Think you could control it if you wish txxo indulge in dark or light ceremonial magic?"

Secret Teachings of All Ages by
Manly P Hall. (The Philosophical Research Society Inc.
Los Angeles, Ca. 90027)

[edit on 24-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.
Please supply Source ASAP.

also, resized image

[edit on 25-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
let me guess you just started with the study of magick and try to show off what you read in Eliphas Levi's book?

so in short...what is the added value of this topic? what is your question?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes I too was wondering what you were talking about.Is this what someone percieves as what.As far as your perception of could you control that.Do you even know what you are telling me I could do if I what?

These mean what to me exactly.Now this is really confusing me because as far as summoning a beast type thing because you delve into the arts or whatever.As far as this is concerned you should speak to my Reiki master or Crystal master.People who contain great light although some would label them as witches.Howcome in all my studies of the paranormal this is the first time Ive seen or heard this?.

I think as far as anything I can say that would be positive here.Would be not to take what people say as being fact but as information that you should use with your own thoughts on the matter aswell as,as many points of veiw on these things as you can find!....
Scarecrow

Seriouslyone I am really confused here what do you mean?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It is my guess that baphomet's scary image is a warning to stay clear of conjuring. many would see this satyr as being devilish, but that is just cuz pan was the model that the image of the devil was based on.
What about conjuring up the ghost of a saint like St. Francis of Assisi or a great teacher like Chief Seattle?
I would almost try to learn conjuring if I could chat with Seattle. But I don't want to pester him.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
if you study mythological/religious history you'll learn that many gods are derived from other religions/myths. never look at the name of a god but look at it's description/definition instead. You'll find that Pan also comes back in the form of The Green Man and more.

and what is up with conjuring? are we stage magicians and illusionists...hell no. Let's evoke/invoke instead shall we.

as for what the image is about...don't take it as a warning or anything. for excample look at those 2 snakes around that "pole" in his stomach. if you delved into alchemy you'll see that Hermis Trismegistus had a staff called Caldeceum (sp?). those 2 snakes represent the energylines in an individual. get some information about meditation, kundalini and that kind of stuff. the energy lines there are called Nadis. The left snake is Pingala the male side within us all, the right snake is Ida the female half within us all. They coil around the spine and where they meet is where we have our chakra's.

and in such a way we have many symbolic messages within that picture. nothing dangerous or scary or warning about it

the ignorance these days is equal to that of the dark ages

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Howcome in all my studies of the paranormal this is the first time Ive seen or heard this?.

because this has nothing to do with the paranormal nor new-age. it is occult studies. so it isn't odd that you found nothing about it seeing that you've been looking in the "wrong" places for this kind of knowlegde.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I dont know what you mean by what you said although I doubt that it was derogitory towards me.But you are right I haven t studied too much occult persay.I am more apt to search for these things through self means and experience.

If it was derogitory I dont care.If you have anything to say about how im looking in the wrong places for my information.Cause if I am doing so it musn't really pertain to me now does it!

But im sure that you didnt mean any harm.Im just paranoid.hehe

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
let me guess you just started with the study of magick and try to show off what you read in Eliphas Levi's book?

so in short...what is the added value of this topic? what is your question?

About 30 years ago I dabbled and QUIT in about 6 months.
IMO, this is a subject that has created a lot of controversy about whether or not demons are real.
I have no question. Does this make you angry or what?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
nope. just slightly annoyed at how people talk about the occult while they have no grasp of understanding about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
external image

BAPHOMET, THE GOAT OF MENDES

The practice of magic-either black or white-depends upon the ability of the adept to control the universal life force-that which Eliphas Levi calls the great magical agent or the astral light.By the manipulation of this fluidic essence the phenomena of transcendalism are produced.The famous hermaphoditic Goat of Mendes was a composite creature formulated to symbolize the astral light.It is identical with Baphomet, the mystic pantheos of those disciples of ceremonial magic, the Templars, who probably obtained it from the Arabians.

"This type of creature has been here for eons.Think you could control it if you wish to indulge in dark or light ceremonial magic?"

Secret Teachings of All Ages by
Manly P Hall..

[edit on 24-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.
Please supply Source ASAP.

also, resized image

[edit on 25-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
nope. just slightly annoyed at how people talk about the occult while they have no grasp of understanding about it.

I know where you are coming from. The explanation tells it all, I am not a NOVICE, why would you even think that?
Since I did not make any opinion are you saying Manly Hall has no grasp?
Really!!!

The Publisher of This Rendering is--

The Philosophical Research Society Inc.
Los Angeles, Ca 90027

Of which I am a member..
Needed to add publisher for mods.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have no doubt that there are some who can conjure. There are also those who construct thought forms. I am not one of them and stay away from magikal practice and practitioners. I must always suspect somebody who wants to obtain through magik what is intended to be obtained through conventional means.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have no doubt that there are some who can conjure. There are also those who construct thought forms. I am not one of them and stay away from magikal practice and practitioners. I must always suspect somebody who wants to obtain through magik what is intended to be obtained through conventional means.

More than you know, but IMO to 'trade' one's immortality or numbers of reincarnations for $$ or power is not a price I am willing to pay.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In one book I read on the subject, it differentiated between witchcraft (spells, incantations, done to bring love, prosperity, weather, fertility, etc.), basically anything positive, and sorcery ( hexes, curses, etc. meant to harm), bad stuff.
I could see that there might not be anything wrong with witchcraft in that sense. Still, I have never pursued learning how to do any of it. I have always told any mediums, seers, psychics, I met that I didn't want them to tell my future. I have thought that way as long as I can remember.
I believe in magic, and although I have avoided any conscious practice of it, it seems to have followed me around anyway.
Magical things have happened around me all my life.
]Do you have any ideas why that is?
I ask because I know many people who swear they have never, even once, seen a miracle, or magical event personally.
I believe them, but I myself have seen dozens. Is it possible that the belief precedes the events? That is the best theory I can come up with.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
and in such a way we have many symbolic messages within that picture. nothing dangerous or scary or warning about it

the ignorance these days is equal to that of the dark ages

I was born on Lupercalia, Pan's day. So I kind of like Pan stuff. I have been an avid rockclimber and mountaineer long before I knew that, which Pan and I have in common, among other shared interests....

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Magical things have happened around me all my life.
]Do you have any ideas why that is?
I ask because I know many people who swear they have never, even once, seen a miracle, or magical event personally.
I believe them, but I myself have seen dozens. Is it possible that the belief precedes the events? That is the best theory I can come up with.

That is a good way of looking at it..I say a person either has it or does not.If one is unable in this life to be able to grok the supernatural, you cannot move heaven and earth to make them 'see.'
IMO, it is according to the age of the soul, how many times you have tried and failed to discern illumination.
As Blavatsky teaches us older souls are responsible to help new souls create karma, as they come in with a blank slate.
That has been my lifelong task to try to help baby souls care beyond the basics of food, sex and shelter, and it is not easy..
To be a living example to those who are afraid is like being a 'soul Mother'

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have heard similar things from toraylin who goes by 'scarecrow' to indicate the same goal. It is rare that I get frightened, but I can be. Not so much by anything magical, but by real life. For a good 15 years I had not been scared, and I became sure I could not be scared. But I was so wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I have heard similar things from toraylin who goes by 'scarecrow' to indicate the same goal. It is rare that I get frightened, but I can be. Not so much by anything magical, but by real life. For a good 15 years I had not been scared, and I became sure I could not be scared. But I was so wrong.

Never say never! By doing so, you attract the things that will scare you out of your mind and can get you commited.
I try to always say 'I hope"

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I knew that, Pride goeth before a fall, etc.
But I didn't place enough importance on it as it deserved. Even though I had been bit many times, I still did it. But then I finally got bit hard enough to make a sirius impression. I hope I have learned my lesson.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I knew that, Pride goeth before a fall, etc.
But I didn't place enough importance on it as it deserved. Even though I had been bit many times, I still did it. But then I finally got bit hard enough to make a sirius impression. I hope I have learned my lesson.

I hope you have, if not there will be more 'dark nights of the soul' you will have to endure..I have faith you are safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join