It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you May Conjure with Magic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dark nights of the soul. Well, I may have that particular lesson locked up, after years of foolish pride ending with my looking the fool. It took a lot of reinforcements and then a huge final sting in the tail to drive the point home. But, I feel that there are still no shortage of things I have yet to learn. At least I am now very aware that I am in some ways quite a vulnerable target. I am not worried, but I imagine I have more little bumps to get past on this road.
Is it possible to pursue magic as a means to heal? And how much chance is there that if one did so, it would backfire and cause harm? Magic amazes and intrigues me, but I would not want to pursue it for any reason other than doing good things like healing.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Is it possible to pursue magic as a means to heal? And how much chance is there that if one did so, it would backfire and cause harm? Magic amazes and intrigues me, but I would not want to pursue it for any reason other than doing good things like healing.

Not in my experience, as healing is something that comes from your essence and an entity may say they can make you a healer.?? Backfire~
After my nde's, I was much more able to heal.
Meditation helps one to open up yourself to be empathetic to others, which is what healing is..imo-only

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In cases where I really tried to send healing energy to someone, I always considered that it came from somewhere else, and I was trying to draw it in and focus it. Emotion, kind of. Strong feelings being let go of like letting go of a balloon or something. I was going on very little information and so I was basically winging it.
But I am very clear that healing is not anything 'I' can do.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There is a healer/s on this site that is nothing short of miraculous, as I was healed of a many years condition with my right eye 2 weeks after I joined this site.Could have gone blind.
Knowing they do not need credit, but know there is great LOVE for others that are a forum resident/s.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Since I have joined this site I have met some pretty amazing people who transcend what it is to be normal.Such as seriouslyone.How do you know of the word grok?.It means to totaly grasp something to the extreme or to the likes of that right?

A friend of mine told me of that word under the impression that he himself made it up.This is interesting.

Anyway when it comes to learning and abilities I am very new to the game.
Having a good understanding of alot of different things can contradict just about every thought you have.

In many cases I find myself too focused on the world at hand,rather then keeping in check how I feel and conduct myself with others.

I must keep a close eye on my conduct.Having gone far into that which most dont come back from.On that too I am and always will be somewhat damned for my studies and places within my own psychee that I have gone.I am young and already have to fight for the salvation or damnation of my soul.

A dear friend of mine on this site will not talk to me now for how I have been lately,delving into the different areas of the paranormal goes against what she stands for.I dunno.We all have the ability to do much or do little.
good or bad.The reasons behind peoples different affiliations and beliefs are really unknown to me.Depends on what you see or take in i guess.There are many here who know more than I..

[edit on 25-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have no doubt that there are some who can conjure. There are also those who construct thought forms. I am not one of them and stay away from magikal practice and practitioners. I must always suspect somebody who wants to obtain through magik what is intended to be obtained through conventional means.

More than you know, but IMO to 'trade' one's immortality or numbers of reincarnations for $$ or power is not a price I am willing to pay.

another dumb stereotype about the occult. and you say you delved into it because you studied it for 6 whole months? and that you research it from some institute? if this is what you guys find from your research then you know nothing.

occult/magick is just like any other path that leads to enlightentment there is no sellling of souls or material gain through weird means. there are no blood offerings or any of such kinds. open your eyes already. the only thing you people see is the surface and if that is how you pass your judgement you're shallow idiots.

so if you still have these ideas about the occult then stop investigating paranormal phenoma and religious phenomena as well because those are recurring events within the occult. get out of this part of the forum untill you figured out what it is and how everything is connected with one another.

most of the occult teachings don't even involve magick but they do teach you a lot of down to earth principles from a mystic point of view. take kaballah for excample, take alchemy for excample. Are those 2 evil as well? you'll learn about yoga, kundalini. Religions which you never heard about or delve deeper into then you ever thought possible. Magick is nothing more then a tool and a set of techniques to train your mind and find answers you'd normally never find.

sure us magi doe rituals and "spell casting" but we don't do them constantly because we can't achieve the same thing in an easier way. magick is a tool used when all else fails.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have some close friends who say that they are Wiccans. It is the belief system they prefer. And I learned a couple things from them. Like their 'an it harm none, do what thou wilt.' which I find to be a neater rule of conduct than the ten commandments. One commandment is much better for me. The Wiccans, being considered witches, have historically been ostracized, persecuted, burned, and discredited for things liike claiming herbs could heal. In my view, this faith is beautiful. Many organized religions teach that these traditional religions are primitive, but I disagree. Reverence of nature ensures preservation of its inhabitants. My friends never talked about magic much, and they and their Wiccan friends knew who the local Satanists were, and they did not get along at all.
Many people assume they are the same thing, and that its all about magic. Not that magic is a bad thing, but the image is way off.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

most of the occult teachings don't even involve magick but they do teach you a lot of down to earth principles from a mystic point of view. take kaballah for excample, take alchemy for excample. Are those 2 evil as well? you'll learn about yoga, kundalini. Religions which you never heard about or delve deeper into then you ever thought possible. Magick is nothing more then a tool and a set of techniques to train your mind and find answers you'd normally never find.

As usual, as you have flamed most of my posts with some kind of defensive logic that makes not sense.
Do as you will, as I did not put this here for those who are such ADEPTS? as you are.
You can rave on about what you do not know about me, but it, thank G-d it will not appear on my screen.Good luck to you and your soul in the after life, as you may need it.Ignore~~~~~~~

[edit on 26-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Yes it is possible. It is something which most outsiders and starting adepts refer to as White Magick. However it takes time and dedication to learn and master it. Things do not backfire and if they do it is because you lacked something while you were using it. Which means more training is required in that area.

However...Magick doesn't always manifest the way you expect it. So it is very important to learn how to phrase your actions to reduce possible side effects. For excample you're anxiously waiting for a package to be delivered. You use a method to increase the speed of the delivery of A package. What might happen is that another package gets delivered faster while the one you were aiming at wasn't influenced.

You can persue magick for any cause you wish. There is no good or wrong only things that are. So basically you can't do anything wrong as long as you follow your heart and stay true to yourself. Magick is as diverse as there are individual people roaming this planet.

And Sirius. Seeing you don't like me raving about things I don't know about you...how about you stop raving about things you don't know. I hate it when ignorant people make the occult look bad without even knowing what it is about. I strongly dislike it when people spread wrong information seeing it only causes a downward spiral.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I must keep a close eye on my conduct.Having gone far into that which most dont come back from.On that too I am and always will be somewhat damned for my studies and places within my own psychee that I have gone.I am young and already have to fight for the salvation or damnation of my soul.

Toralyn;

May the white light beings bless you, I can FEEL your sincerity, as I had my first experience at the age of 5, and your youth is a good thing in that you can sort it all out before you get old and bitter.
Keep up the good fight, as a LOT will be wiped off your Akashic records if you pledge yourself to work for others and not be so self-driven.
There are people in here and all over the world that can/ could use your kindness.
As far as that word goes, it is applicable to beings who have delved into all aspects of metaphysics, religions, etc and speaks from a position of authority because of having paid their dues and dues of others.
Just forget the friend? who does not speak to you now, as they have fear for themselves, not you. Thank you for your precious comments..

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I thank you for the support you give.

I would like to say just as we are here now people me and seriously one do not really agree or disagree with what each other believes.(although i do get confused)the point being that people are people thoughts are thoughts.

In regards to summoning things.We ourselves become that which we practice bringing upon ourselves and those around us the weigth of what we say and do.Always try to look through the eyes of those involved.

Here I stand now neither with nor against just there
this is what makes them scared.....

Scarecrow

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
In regards to summoning things.We ourselves become that which we practice bringing upon ourselves and those around us the weigth of what we say and do.Always try to look through the eyes of those involved.

If you keep saying things like that you might as well remove Free Will which god gave everyone. What you're doing is simply aiming a blaming finger at something and running away from your own responsibilities. You do not become anything unless you allow it to. You're ALWAYS responsible for your own thoughts, words and actions and no one else. Only people weak in mind will allow an external force to take control over themselves.

You really think we let inexperienced people summon anything? Hell no. But there are a lot of kids who study it solitarely just for the fact they want to be cool. Well that is when things go bad. But it's the stupidity of the kid not that which he practices. Also something which you see in many other facets of life.

And why is invoking/evoking bad? You can also summon Angels through Enochian Magick instead of using Goetia for demons. You can even invoke the Holy Spirit or Jezus or whoever you want.

Just a thought worth considering.

Don't let misguided Christian Fears get in your way. There are enough Christians that DO understand Gods teachings. And there are magickians among them as well. Delve into every aspect of life and find that which you feel most comfortable with yourself. There is more then 1 way that leads to Rome (the Truth)

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Enyalius]

Cug

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

However...Magick doesn't always manifest the way you expect it. So it is very important to learn how to phrase your actions to reduce possible side effects. For excample you're anxiously waiting for a package to be delivered. You use a method to increase the speed of the delivery of A package. What might happen is that another package gets delivered faster while the one you were aiming at wasn't influenced.

I think a better example may be if you do a ritual for money. The way the magick might manifest is that your parent's might die in a car wreck and you received your inheritance. Results like this are one of the main reasons things like doing a divination before doing anything, and actually studying the occult before you start to "play around" with it.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by Cug]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In regards to your post .I don't really care for your bout on free will.
ecspeacialy how it was givin to me by god.

I didn't really say anything about envoking or cojouring being bad.

Infact all i said is that what we do effects others.Oh and I am not really talking to you so whatever there are many people out there reading these things othere than us.If you want to blast me some more I don't care.
You know nothing of what I believe or disbelieve so....
I'm done with this thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

let me guess you just started with the study of magick and try to show off what you read in Eliphas Levi's book?

so in short...what is the added value of this topic? what is your question?

Looks like when it comes to dealing with others you must not have had time to learn how to be nice.! Seems when it comes to free will you scoff at it!

If hes showing off mabey you should get off your high horse eh?.

your mood says too wise yet wisdom is to use what knowledge you have to deal with others and events in your life with the best of understanding you have.Yet here you show no understanding to one you obviously deem to be below you on some sort of scale you seem to have created for yourself.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

I think a better example may be if you do a ritual for money. The way the magick might manifest is that your parent's might die in a car wreck and you received your inheritance. Results like this are one of the main reasons things like doing a divination before doing anything, and actually studying the occult before you start to "play around" with it.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by Cug]

if that is the case then:
1. the person in question has a lot to learn towards their ego. else you would have learned that material wealth is pretty much useless and that there is something much more worthy.
2. the individual has no idea how to perform "magick", use the universal energies. else the individual would have used proper wording to eliminate such extreme possibilities from happening.

In short the person is doing something inccorectly, not the "art" as some refer to it.

an the last part i agree. you should study a lot of theory before you start putting things into practice. it's not unusual that it takes a dedicated magus to spend 1-2 years full time of theoretic studying. even longer if you lack time to dedicate to the study.

as for everyone else. stop taking things so damn personal. you say you don't care for derigotory remarks yet you do comment about them. if you didn't care you wouldn't even respond to it. it's not me who has to get of his high horse because I keep my personal ego and life out of the internet. so stop acting like spoiled brats the second someone doesn't agree with your point of view or feel personally assaulted the second you feel paranoid over nothing.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Enyalius..I apologize as I have made no better the situation.

Sometimes I do lash out and take things personally.Thank you for the response in the manner of which you say this.I can act in such ways.

I do care and really just want to get along well ill see you all later.
Scarecrow

Cug

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   

if that is the case then:
1. the person in question has a lot to learn towards their ego. else you would have learned that material wealth is pretty much useless and that there is something much more worthy.

Well IMHO that is said by many who only claim to be able to do magick as an explanation for why they are not rich.
But I do agree in part, there are better things to be doing than trying for money. BUT it's not something that should never be done. Say you wish to do the Abramelin operation (it takes 6 months) by the book but you just can't afford to take the time off work. In this case there should be no problem doing a ritual for money so you can do it. (but I'd probably do a ritual with the intent of "allowing me to preform the Abramelin operation"... but that could backfire also.. I might get fired and end up with plenty of time on my hands
)

2. the individual has no idea how to perform "magick", use the universal energies. else the individual would have used proper wording to eliminate such extreme possibilities from happening.

That still might not help. There is just no way you can control how it might manifest 100% of the time. That's why divination is necessary.

an the last part i agree. you should study a lot of theory before you start putting things into practice. it's not unusual that it takes a dedicated magus to spend 1-2 years full time of theoretic studying. even longer if you lack time to dedicate to the study.

A lot of armchair reading then A TON of practice of just the basics. In fact you should start the basics the same time you start studying. Many people a surprised about just how weak their Will really is. Just doing some basic rituals daily without slaking off is hard when your starting.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
not to be offensive by any means (I'm learning here) can some one please sum this up for me. The word Occult keeps getting thrown around. Fine and dandy by me. What I don't get is why we aren't getting to a ROOT. I mean, isn't Occult just a genaric catch phrase to mean any and all things of a certain non-standard set?

A better definition may be wanting, but the point is that Occult isn't a single thing, it's a collection of things that don't fit the 'normal' definition.

Now, Wiccan means something and stands for something. It has a name that seperates it in discussion from Occult, because they have certain ideals and philosophies and rituals etc. that not ALL OCCULTS would have. Yes, Wiccan is considered Occult, but not all things considered Occult are Wiccan.

We have a few differences in Philosophies being tossed around here, mostly with respect to the other. Would any one care to cast some light on exactly what stance they are taking and what path they have chosen?

Sorry, I am a novice I admit. But throwing a general term around really teaches me nothing. It's like me saying I'm a 'Ball Player'. But you have no idea which sport I play, Ping Pong, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Pool, or any numerous sport involving a Ball.

So, in short, could some one, or actually a few people, actually state what they believe and follow?

Cug

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
A better definition may be wanting, but the point is that Occult isn't a single thing, it's a collection of things that don't fit the 'normal' definition.

IMHO In a way it is all the same thing. The words, concepts, philosophies, rituals, etc.. may be diffrent but if you dig down and look at the most very basic concepts they are more alike than diffrent.

So, in short, could some one, or actually a few people, actually state what they believe and follow?

I'm a Thelemic Magician. In other words I practice Ceremonial Magick, and follow the religion/philosophy of Thelema.

It's right there in my avatar, OK it's in Greek so you might of missed it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join