It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Higher light answers for questions"

page: 377
<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Glad you liked my post.

You know something rjmelter? It ain't about manuals. Follow your heart. End of story.

SteveR

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Caveman you think way TOO much
If you want another job then in the end you will get another job. I find if we are not happy in a situation or spend all day analyzing why we arnt happy in it...ultimatly you will change the situation. We can not spend years doing something that we are not happy in. I used to spend months like you deciding about wrong situations, working out what would happen in about 12 different alternative ourcomes. Now I take maybe a week at the most and change what is not right in my life. Of course you must not upset or destroy others in your quest but they will understand if you do it correctly.

Work out what it is you want to change, then work out a way of changing it. Change will happen regardless you may as well be in control of yours .

Oh yes it is a very bad idea to go on ATS after drinking, I too have done this and wrote what later appears VERY frightening ha ha.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Caveman you think way TOO much
If you want another job then in the end you will get another job. I find if we are not happy in a situation or spend all day analyzing why we arnt happy in it...ultimatly you will change the situation. We can not spend years doing something that we are not happy in. I used to spend months like you deciding about wrong situations, working out what would happen in about 12 different alternative ourcomes. Now I take maybe a week at the most and change what is not right in my life. Of course you must not upset or destroy others in your quest but they will understand if you do it correctly.

Work out what it is you want to change, then work out a way of changing it. Change will happen regardless you may as well be in control of yours .

Oh yes it is a very bad idea to go on ATS after drinking, I too have done this and wrote what later appears VERY frightening ha ha.

I know Ms Green, exactly.. I'm not happy, but i'm comfortable which is also a dangerous situation to be in... its not good enough but its not bad, so you are hesitant to do something... but thats not whats concerning me.. i'll do whatever anyone throws at me.

I just need to find a way to quit my job in a peaceful and decent manner. I mean the other variable here is that my boss just lost a guy, and he just lost his best guy, and now me, to the same company.. Its kind of like a slap in the face.

But I already decided I don't care, perhaps any kind of bad I may put on them will be for a greater good.. I'm always teaching them lessons, they are so lost and I think sometimes I do bad things on purpose hoping they'd learn something from it. (the lesson usually being... your workers don't like being disrespected/neglected and manipulated.
)

Job situations have always been hard for me.. getting the job and quitting the job, I just don't like the B.S. of it all and I think thats why I strive so hard for work independence. People are just so childish that it gets difficult and complicated.

But yeah Ms Green. I already decided today as I took the day off to finish my paintings... To fix up my resume, (damn I think I lost it).. and to call the other company and talk to them.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Glad you liked my post.

You know something rjmelter? It ain't about manuals. Follow your heart. End of story.

SteveR

Yeah pretty much

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hi

Yer I got made redundant once from this job that I really loved. So to get some money I took whatever job was going, I ended up answering phones. Im a scientist I cant answer phones very well and I found I didnt enjoy this job at all. However it was for a really small family business and they had just lost the Mother of the family.

They had found it hard to fill the position so they were really happy I was there. I looked in the file once and only 2 other people applied (prob only reason I got it!!) with it being a family business I got to know them but still did not like the job.

Then after Id been there 5 months I got a brilliant research job but dreaded telling them, but I did and I did it in a nice way. I said Id loved working with them but really science was what I loved and wouldnt leave them unless it was for science. They accepted this and I did stay on for another 2 weeks to help them so they could have a family holiday together.

I could not stay there I was not happy, just as you are not happy and will change your job. So they need you , they will have to get someone else. It is not your problem someones else left also is it? I think as long as we do these things in a way we would like been done to us we are fine.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Glad you liked my post.

SteveR

Im told to read all this stuff and watch all these videos and links...but I must admit I do very little of this. I used to read all the time about these things but now I feel I dont have an urge to do this anymore. I take what changes come my way, I feel them happening but dont try and analyse them too much now. Yes information is good but only to a degree, I know deep down when something is right or wrong I just need to act upon this more. Yes so just follow your heart is the end of the story.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Your a scientist

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

What kind of scientist are you? A mad one?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by CavemanDD]

A biologist, physics and maths too are over my head although I still have to do some of the evil that is maths.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

biology is green.. its the one science class that I did well on.. it was just memorization (and the girls behind me let me copy their work) haha.

But yeah that was a good class.. the teacher was cool... he was just quiet and ultimately layed back. I remember we had to disect a pig fetus and I cut the head off, wrapped it up and put it in my locker and took it home.. my plan was to boil it off and make a necklace with a skull on it (caveman, get it? lol ).. I remember I kept it outside and was gunna take it to my freinds house, I had also shaved my 2nd mohawk that day, my mom cried the first time lol.. and she saw me going through this bag outside and she started interrogating me, she thought I had "drugs".. and I told her it was a pig skull.. and she said "why couldn't I have been born with a normal son?" haha.. shes gotten much more open minded...

But thats what I think of when I think of biology

I could see myself as a biologist.. only if I got to study animals in the jungle, or play with robotic submarines to study aquatic life. I love science... i just wish I could tag along at labs and stuff.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

I remember I kept it outside and was gunna take it to my freinds house, I had also shaved my 2nd mohawk that day, my mom cried the first time lol.. and she saw me going through this bag outside and she started interrogating me, she thought I had "drugs".. and I told her it was a pig skull.. and she said "why couldn't I have been born with a normal son?" haha.. shes gotten much more open minded...

Why do I find this funny...you taking a pig skull home

I could see myself as a biologist.. only if I got to study animals in the jungle, or play with robotic submarines to study aquatic life. I love science... i just wish I could tag along at labs and stuff

Well why dont you? We have lots of people that just come in and tag along to see if its for them, they then go and study (hard part) or some labs are experienced based. Not many will allow you to cut up pig heads though..well not in Britain anyway

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well said.

Mr. T says follow your heart, fool!

Instructions schmucktions.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A biologist, physics and maths too are over my head although I still have to do some of the evil that is maths.

That describes my college days aptly.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

The weird thing is now I cant study , its such a pain to my brain to even read anything remotely academic

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Tell me about it. I want to get as far away from it as possible now.

However I think we have benefitted from it in the past. We have logical thinking skills that most unscientific people can't match.

I may sound arrogant, but it keeps proving itself.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think I got that new job, sweeet. I had to do it. My room-mate talked to my boss's wife and they are prepared for everyone to quit so thats all I needed to here. I won't be effecting them and I get some change in my life, with no doubt double or more of the pay for the same work.

I need more independence and a wee bit more money if I am to find time to try and be an artist.

Thanks everyone for your advice. It's a weak area for me (taurus
.. I'm prone to falling into routine. I don't think we're supposed to hate our jobs even if we work only a few hours.. your job is what you do in society.. I'd like to able to enjoy it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Tell me about it. I want to get as far away from it as possible now.

However I think we have benefitted from it in the past. We have logical thinking skills that most unscientific people can't match.

I may sound arrogant, but it keeps proving itself.

indeed, i bet you'd make an excellent scientist ms green, being a spiritual person. Your open-mindedness might make people not take you seriously at work, but you're the one who will be making the big connections.

Einstein was into meditation I believe

Bridging science with imagination.. science comes from imagination but somehow..once it becomes science it severs its tie with imagination.. they work against each other rather then with each other.

I remember I was watching CNN and these people were on larry king talking about paranormal stuff and then they went to get the "scientific oppinion" and there was this guy and the look in the eyes... he was the devil man.. lol.. its like they found the most ignorant scientist they could to debunk everything they were saying.

Things are changing... scientific research is getting to the point where even the most skeptic are left scratching their heads.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have no problem joining science and spirituality. I know physics has an answer to most things...hey but not all. It falls down at the old black hole problem doesn't it. So what do the scientist say?...oh well physics does not apply here just everywhere else

I believe in God or one creator but I also believe in aliens. Why? Because he made them too thats why. There is alot more to creation than just us and this is why I can link science and spirit.

I admit some scientists are idiots and will believe in nothing else except pure science. I had a conversation about evolution yesterday (very weird as I know caveman did too:puz
and my collegue could not believe that I doubt this theory. He was like "Oh I do wonder about you sometimes" Apparently the American election thing thats going on 7 of the 10 candidates for one side (Im British I dont undersatnd American politics!) did not believe in the theory of evolution, he was telling me this and thats when I said well neither do I!! He thought these 7 candidates should have been thrown out for this as they were just un sound people.

Just because there is a "theory" out about some thing doesn t mean as scientist we should believe it. I dont have an explanation for evolution but I said where are all the missing link skeletons then? He said they had turned to oil
Just the missing links then..

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

hey menguard this thread is too long. Its the only one that crashes my computer if I try to go back over the pages. It happens like every time

When did you start it 2006 or something, is this the longest and oldest thread going ?

MG

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You know whats funny is I don't even remember starting it is just was created. Then from there it opened up like an encyclopedia full of information out of nowhere, but a place where like minded people are seeing the light.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

is this the longest and oldest thread going

Yes.

top topics

<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join