It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Video-WMP

Video-QT

A "trophy" video appearing to show security guards in Baghdad randomly shooting Iraqi civilians has sparked two investigations after it was posted on the internet, the Sunday Telegraph can reveal.

The video has sparked concern that private security companies, which are not subject to any form of regulation either in Britain or in Iraq, could be responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent Iraqis.

Continued....

As with the torture photos, and countless other images of the harsh methods employed by the occupational forces and puppet Iraqi army you can expect this to be seen round the world everywhere other than America and UK, and round the clock in the Arab world.

They have legal immunity because Paul Bremmer said so, and they all know it.

Who could have predicted that if you threw a bunch of brainwashed jarheads into a war zone with the powers of judge and executioner that this would happen?

I believe I said it shortly after the order was promulgated, and I'll post it if I can find it.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Theres already a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The video never shows anybody so you cant tell who is doing it. You never can make out any of the voices in the video. It could have easily been filmed by foriegn insurgent there is just no way to tell from that video.

Nice touch with them dubbing in the blatantly American music "Elvis"

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You can vaguely hear SOMETHING in the background, but the music conveniently covers it up, so you can't tell what it is. It sounds like it MIGHT be a radio of some kind, but no way to tell if it's the car radio, or a walkie talkie type radio. But I have to agree, there's no way to know who is actually shooting. You never see a gun, or hear voices, or anything. All we have is someone CLAIMING it was US/UK mercs. Could it be? Sure. But it could just as easily be aliens from Mars with what we can tell from the video.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You can make out what looks like a M-4 in the video but that is hardly evidence of anything. Its really not that hard for anybody to get their hands on a US made rifle. You can easily find many pictures of arab men using M-16 style weapons even Israeli made uzis

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's gonna take a lot more than a video of invisible people in a car shooting what MIGHT be an M-4 to convince me that these were US/UK mercs.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Theres already a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The video never shows anybody so you cant tell who is doing it. You never can make out any of the voices in the video. It could have easily been filmed by foriegn insurgent there is just no way to tell from that video.

Nice touch with them dubbing in the blatantly American music "Elvis"

Relax kiddo, these arn't Americans, they are either Irish or Scottish voices on the tape. As for your claim that it's insurgents, Im not even going to entertain that. All the clues suggest these are UK contractors from AEGIS security.

So now that you know that it is very unlikely that these are American contractors, feel free to slam them as UK...

As for the Elvis music...you read into things far too much. Pretty funny actually.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
At what point could you make out Irish or Scottish voices on the tape cargo?

Nobody eles in the other thread could make out any of the voices over the dubbed music.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As we see the Mercedes in the distance before it crashes into the stationary taxi.

He says something like "Let's slow down for this f***er, yeah?". He says it almost exactly after the cut to the Mercedes shot beginning. It is clearly audible to anyone who has experience talking with those from the UK. I am half Scottish but I find it hard to tell from which area the voice might come from, but it is definately UK origin.

Any Brits here agree?

[edit on 28-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I dont know I cant make out any of the voices. It sounds like there is also a radio going on and off during most of the video.

Man the music is so annoying when trying to listen for vioces there has to be a version of this video without the music since its clear it was added after.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Shadow, he says it while there is no singing in the music. Also the radio transmissions are usually preceded and concluded by "beeps" or similar and the radio voices are considerably muffled.

I feel so strongly about this that I would be prepared to wager a sum on it.

By the way, I believe the Mercedes driver is dead after that. The shots were very controlled and from their stationary contractor vehicle. The driver of the Mercedes is definately not in a state to miss the stationary taxi after the shots have impacted, and I dont see him get out of the Mercedes. But that's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
you have better ears then me.

I dont understand why anyone felt the need to add a soundtrack to this video in the first place.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is a soundtrack because it is a trophy video. Something for them to sit around and watch over beers. Please don't tell me you don't understand that, this is the soldier culture. But more so (IMO) the culture of the mercenary.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The concept of a Trophy Video is moronic. Only Morons video tape their crimes even if they are smart enough to hide themselves the mere possession of such a video could be strong evidence.

Thinking of this as Trophy Video reminds me of the kids in the US that video taped themselves shooting people with paintballs from their car. They were convicted quite easily thanks to that video.

Some people are just that dumb so its not impossible

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

#1 I just watched that video like 15 times, and:

#2 Those are not American accents in the background, plain as day. They are Eropean of some sort.

#3 Contractors DO NOT drive around Iraq in beat up old vans, they use armored vehicles and SUV's

No matter what this video really shows, one thing for certain is these are not AMERICANS, but < angry explative > Arch Angel wont believe anything otherwise even though the very video he shows its plain as day.

Im pretty damn certain the TOS states that you cannot knowingly post innacurate material, and Id say this is a blatant violation of this rule.

Just more material used by the enemies (Arch) propaganda campiegn

[edit on 28-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Show me evidence of that being a "beaten up old van". What were you saying about posting knowingly false information? So their voices are "European of some kind"? That's nice and vague. Have any of you Americans spoken to any people from the UK EVER? How about even just watching a little bit of UK TV? No?

Those are AEGIS security contractors before they are a bunch of insurgents. And any proclamation from you that someone here is on a propaganda campaign is hilarious.

(And yes, like you read my posts above, you are reading this one too)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Show me evidence of that being a "beaten up old van". What were you saying about posting knowingly false information?

Those are AEGIS security contractors before they are a bunch of insurgents. And any proclamation from you that someone here is on a propaganda campaign is hilarious.

(And yes, like you read my posts above, you are reading this one too)

Please Cargo, if I didnt know any better Id think you were Osama him self with your posting agendas....

And these guys are clearly not American, as thier European accents in the background show. No eveidence of any Americans what so ever, but the post is blatanly accusing them as being American. Thats a lie and agaisnt the TOS.

Cargo, what does the insurgency pay you anyways?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Give me a warn for this plead Mods:

Skippy, you are a damned idiot. I've been saying all along these arn't Americans. Open your friggin eyes.

I've had it with you. You are a pathetic member of ATS who does nothing but contribute to the division here. Go away.

Well well, you have nothing to say so you resort to insults. I never expected anything more from you. If you have nothing to retort with Cargo, you should remain silent, rather you show your innability to compile an intelligent reposnse by insulting me.

There is a famous quote out there Cargo, I think its fitting in this situation:

"It's better to let someone think you are an Idiot than to open your mouth and prove it."

Anyways Cargo, nice edit, apparently your initial moment of "wisdom" didnt quit reflect your brilliance.

And of course you have been reported.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I edited it to add more. But of course there is no treatment for yourself who twists other peoples posts to mean something else in order to fit your agenda.

You dont think I find you calling me a member of the insurgency an insult? You, aswell, have to resort to insulting people to get them angry and further divide ATS.

I am highly insulted by your accusation, and see nothing done about it by ATS mods. Is this ATS policy? To allow blatant mislabelling of members? OTHERWISE KNOWN AS DEFAMATION. What are you going to do about this Mirthful Me? Or are you going to continue to be a biased Moderator?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I edited it to add more. But of course there is no treatment for yourself who twists other peoples posts to mean something else in order to fit your agenda.

You dont think I find you calling me a member of the insurgency an insult? You, aswell, have to resort to insulting people to get them angry and further divide ATS.

I am highly insulted by your accusation, and see nothing done about it by ATS mods. Is this ATS policy? To allow blatant mislabelling of members? What are you going to do about this Mirthful Me? Or are you going to continue to be a biased Moderator?

You came back at me AFTER my comments with name calling and a personal attack, asking for a warning. And now that you got your warning you now want retribution?

Cargo, maybe you should have done something mature like report me or call me on it instead of attacking me first, just some adult advice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join