It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
maybe you should have done something mature

Pot, meet kettle.

You have no room to preach on this one.

You stating that he was on the insurgency's payroll was far from mature and really no better.

You have yet to provide proof of this being a "beat up old van"; should you be banned under "false and misleading"?

Also, your claim that "these are not AMERICANS" has yet to be proven.

I have friends who are now americans but still have european accents because they were born there; so again, should you be banned under "false and misleading"?

You've made many definative claims but proven nothing.

[edit on 11/28/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Firstly, I m not concerned with the warnings. I do my best to contribute to discussion in threads such as this one where I believe I have provided some insight into the nationality of the AEGIS contractors by analysing the voice you can hear. I do not seek to be warned or I wouldnt not have lasted the number of years I have been a member. I rarely call people names here unless I am extremely insulted by what they level at me. Skippy knowlingly insulted me and now and I wait to see if Mirthful Me really isnt the biased moderator I believe him to be. I dont care for points so i will gladly give some up to prove my point. And have had 3 or 4 warns in the 3 years Ive been here and nearly all of them have been from Mirthful Me. It doesnt bother me if he doesnt like me, just that he is fair. So I wait to see if Skippy knowlingly insulting me will get punished also. This is not retribution, this to see if the system works.

I blatantly insult Skippy with a word and ask for a warning and I get it. Skippy knowingly mislabelled me a member of the insurgency (which I find highly offensive) and he doesn't get punished. This will get interesting, because there is not one thing I have said in this thread in support of the insurgency (or anywhere else at ATS).

Once again, Skippy insults people to twist what they say to fit his agenda. this is HIGHLY insulting. I've basically had enough of you Skippy, and am sick and tired of the division you perpetuate with every single post you make on this forum. It has got to stop. An insult does not have to be a curse word for people to be highly offended. ATS mods need to understand this.

If you publically defame me, expect an angry public response. Is that understood?

[edit on 28-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

maybe you should have done something mature

Pot, meet kettle.

You have no room to preach on this one.

You stating that he wason the insurgency's payroll was far from mature and really no better.

You have yet to provide proof of this being a "beat up old van"; should you be banned under "false and misleading"?

Also, your claim that "these are not AMERICANS" has yet to be proven.

I have friends who are now americans but still have european accents.

You've proven nothing.

And my point is NOTHING the original poster has stated has been proven either, its ASSUMED, and of you pay attention to the video, there are clearly non American accents in the background. Clearly.

There is more evidence to show they arent American than there is that they are.

But, people like you who HATE America and Americans no matter what will never allow anythingt other than your hatred.

Kettle, lol

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay, now that everyone has had their chance to post on everything but:

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

We will now resume that discussion, any tangential departures will be administratively sanctioned.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

And my point is NOTHING the original poster has stated has been proven either, its ASSUMED, and of you pay attention to the video, there are clearly non American accents in the background. Clearly.

Yet you call for his banning while commiting the same "crime"

There is more evidence to show they arent American than there is that they are.

Yet still not proven and you go making just as definative statements.

But, people like you who HATE America and Americans no matter what will never allow anythingt other than your hatred.

That statement is truly by definition "ignorant" :shk:

I am an american, born and raised, and you couldn't be further from the truth with this blatant lie of yours.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
well to start, neither side has proved anything so congrats guys

the arguement about their accents is very weak for both sides. um hello we live in america, you can find just about any accent. i have a friend who has a russian accent. hes american though...but that cant be he has an accent right?
so let me get this straight...if you have a forgien accent your not american? you guys really proved your point on ignorance, round of applause for you guys.

as for the other side, your arguement is no stronger with the accents. you dont prove anything with the accent, plain and simple.

Mod Edit: If you want to have a moan about a Mod, use the Complaints Function - Alien

[edit on 29-11-2005 by alien]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
the arguement about their accents is very weak for both sides. um hello we live in america, you can find just about any accent.

Exactly.

Furthermore, I feel "trophy videos" from any side in this war are a disgrace.

Anyone who celebrates death, either in this or one of the beheading videos, has serious issues; they're all disgusting.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The concept of a Trophy Video is moronic. Only Morons video tape their crimes even if they are smart enough to hide themselves the mere possession of such a video could be strong evidence.

Which makes you wonder why they'd post it on their company's website, if they were committing crimes. As I've said there is very little you can glean from this video. Everyone is jumping to conclusions with almost no fact.

BTW - Mirthful isn't biased, he has warned me several times ( which I really disagreed with ), if anything I thought he was pro-liberal ( in amerispeak ), if we have to use labels.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Why would Iraqi Partisans[you would call them insurgents] be posting trophy videos on a British Security Contractors web site???

Why would Private Security Contractors in Iraq be randomly shooting Iraqis?

Section 2
Iraqi Legal Process
1) Unless provided otherwise herein, the MNF, the CPA, Foreign Liaison Missions, their Personnel, property, funds and assets, and all International Consultants shall be immune from Iraqi legal process.

COALITION PROVISIONAL AUTHORITY ORDER NUMBER 17 (REVISED)

Because they can.

What other reason would these guys need?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Because they can.

Sounds like, they've taken a leaf out of the insurgents book

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Because they can.

That's ridiculous. So prior to the Iraq War, all mercenaries were angels? The insurgents have done plenty of bad things but it seems to be impossible for you guys to admit that there are contracted wankers who were brutal to begin with.

How hard is it for you guys to fathom that these guys are just thugs with no one to answer to? Not all contractors in Iraq would be like this. But there are bound to be some, as we have seen here. This has nothing to do with sides, who supports who, or anything. Just a simple case of thugs with a license to kill.

The End.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Looks like the result of giving the powers of Judge and executioner to Mercs with the jury driving the getaway car.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
That's ridiculous. So prior to the Iraq War, all mercenaries were angels? The insurgents have done plenty of bad things but it seems to be impossible for you guys to admit that there are contracted wankers who were brutal to begin with.

You're ASSUMING that what happend in the video was wrong. Personally, I don't know there isn't enough information in the video. I like to consider facts not make things up. However we do know the insurgents tactics don't we.

How hard is it for you guys to fathom that these guys are just thugs with no one to answer to? Not all contractors in Iraq would be like this. But there are bound to be some, as we have seen here. This has nothing to do with sides, who supports who, or anything. Just a simple case of thugs with a license to kill.

Ahem, you don't know these people or the circumstances of the video ( as above ). You seem to be too emotional to look at anything on this thread objectively, especially after your bizarre rant before, are you an adult ?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ive provided observations from the actual video to support my assumptions. What have you got?

[edit on 29-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Ive provided observations from the actual video to support my assumptions. What have you got?

Well so do the people who have the opposite view of yours. So what do you really have - NOTHING

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
How do we know who taped this video again? I ask because I see no faces in the video.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Explain one thing to me, rogue1. Just one thing. How did the clip get on www.aegisiraq.co.uk?

hmmm?

See this link:

www.aegisiraq.co.uk...

This is a letter from Lt Col Spicer regarding this site.

Please think twice about posting your happy snaps and whilst I am not concerned about this site as yet, if it develops into something other than a light hearted pressure valve I will take a much greater interest.

Now Lt Col Spicer has taken a much greater interest and is investigating the incident.

Link

Last night a spokesman for defence firm Aegis Defence Services - set up in 2002 by Lt Col Tim Spicer, a former Scots Guards officer - confirmed that the company was carrying out an internal investigation to see if any of their employees were involved.

The Foreign Office has also confirmed that it is investigating the contents of the video in conjunction with Aegis, one of the biggest security companies operating in Iraq.

That is far from nothing. I'd like to see something, anything, that lends credence to this video being carried out by insurgents, please.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Last night a spokesman for defence firm Aegis Defence Services - set up in 2002 by Lt Col Tim Spicer, a former Scots Guards officer - confirmed that the company was carrying out an internal investigation to see if any of their employees were involved.

Well still seems to be alot of conjecture, hell it hasn't even been established that it was employees of the company. Although you'd think they probably were.

The Foreign Office has also confirmed that it is investigating the contents of the video in conjunction with Aegis, one of the biggest security companies operating in Iraq.

Hmm is every person who is investigated for murder found guilty
NADA. That's why they have an investigation to establish what the facts are, supposition isn't proof, my friend.

That is far from nothing. I'd like to see something, anything, that lends credence to this video being carried out by insurgents, please.

Ahem, I never made the claim at all. I am almost certain they are employees of this company

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Without getting too far off topic and ranting and raving about nothing except my own emotions, let me just say, this thread defines ATS.

Im not gonna say Im an old timer and ATS used to be different. Ok, it may have been. But thats not the point. The point is, well, there is no point. Maybe Ive outgrown my stay. Dunno.

Here we have people anchoring in and feuding over nothing. Whatever it is, it certainly is not evidence. We have war supporters arguing with war protesters over the tiniest minutes details that DO NOT MATTER. No one is changing their minds about this war. Some are trying to remain civil, but for the most part we're just bickering like children. Dont reply to me and say, "oh its sad that youre so negetive etc."

I KNOW Im negetive. Life is negetive. Im a realist, and reality is quite often negetive. You people illustrate the negetive everyday. We're a bunch of armchair activists fighting one cause or another, and fact is WE DONT COUNT in the scheme of things.

If you're here for ATSpoints, well maybe you count. But if you really care about life, let me tell you - your rants and mine both DONT MEAN SQUAT. We are wasting our (minimal) efforts.

All that aside, and for what its worth; I side with cargo in this discussion.

Granted Cargo really is from the UK region, I think his opinion counts. Not to mention all the evidence already out there attributing these 'trophy' videos with the Mercenaries. I would only beg Cargo the question, "Why waste time arguing with war-mongerers?"

Dont let them get to you. You're wasting your own efforts troubling over the insults. Dont get heated. And dont return insults. Theyre wrong. Youre right. Some mods might be unfair and biased. Its life.

Alright, now Im preaching and Im really in no position to do so. All in all, a mind truly capable of discerning truth from fiction - can read past all the propaganda. Keep up the good fight for what its worth. Maybe some sheep somewhere really is awaiting for the proof to be unfolded here on this thread regarding the 'trophy' videos origins. maybe that sheep is in a position to effect change, and in that case we should argue our hearts out. probably not though.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So what I gather from your posts is that you believe that these contractors are doing the right thing. By slowing down to almost stationary with the intent to engage cars approaching them from behind? I can hear one of the people in the car say "...slow down for this f***er, yeah?" That is something that I heard, and that those who are investigating it will analyse. That is not conjecture, that is tangible evidence available to pursue. And something that will be used heavily in any investigation.

I believe most coalition soldiers and contractors in Iraq are very honourable, moral and sympathetic people. That does not change the fact that there are those in Iraq who would take advantage of their situation and power. As an honourable, moral and sympathetic individual myself, I can't help but feel angry when I see/hear these events. It seems like random Iraqis are the ones who should perhaps die in these circumstances as an insurance poilcy for a couple of mercs on their way from point A to point B. If that was in my country, I would be outraged.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join