It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Lost, I'm not in the UK I'm from Australia. My point was that I have had and continue to have extensive interaction with people from the UK. My family is from the UK too. This is why I wanted some Brits to comment on the voice, so I can confirm my own point.

I dont consider debating with warmongers a waste of time. I am pro-war (in the right circumstances) and very much pro military. That's what these people don't understand. But there is no point arguing about that with them, let them call you terrorist/insurgent/commie etc. until they go red in the face. What matters is that you stay honourable and speak up when you know something to be wrong.

Cheers

[edit on 29-11-2005 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I deeply resent being called a warmonger, for saying that you couldn't tell WHO was in the video, and we shouldn't jump to conclusions that it was the US, or US mercinaries.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I dont consider debating with warmongers a waste of time. I am pro-war (in the right circumstances) and very much pro military. That's what these people don't understand. But there is no point arguing about that with them, let them call you terrorist/insurgent/commie etc. until they go red in the face. What matters is that you stay honourable and speak up when you know something to be wrong.

Hmm whose the one labelling people here
You proclaim yourself to be so enlightened whinging about people labelling you, yet here you are labelling other people. We call that hypocracy, don't we

You know what you are rabid, nothing more. All I have argued is that we can't really tell Jack from a short edited video with a narrow field of view. So that makes me a war monger does it
Get over yourself and stop sending me abusive u2u's

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For someone railing against assumptions, you sure like to make them. I wasn't even talking about you when replying to Lost. You certainly are a paranoid one.

By the way, I replied to your abusive U2U, rogue.

Seems you can't deal with things as an adult in private, so you must make them public. What is the point of that? You're a big boy arn't you? Who exactly are you running to now?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

For someone railing against assumptions, you sure like to make them. I wasn't even talking about you when replying to Lost. You certainly are a paranoid one.

DUH, you called people on this thread who didn't agree with you 'warmongers'. I assume that includes me

By the way, I replied to your abusive U2U, rogue.

Hmm who contacted me and then started with the abuse ? Be a man, take responsibilty for yourself.

Seems you can't deal with things as an adult in private, so you must make them public. What is the point of that? You're a big boy arn't you? Who exactly are you running to now?

Hmm, I think you've just exsposed yourself
I don't need to say anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So what I gather from your posts is that you believe that these contractors are doing the right thing. By slowing down to almost stationary with the intent to engage cars approaching them from behind? I can hear one of the people in the car say "...slow down for this f***er, yeah?" That is something that I heard, and that those who are investigating it will analyse. That is not conjecture, that is tangible evidence available to pursue. And something that will be used heavily in any investigation.

The denialists will not ever admit that anyone that represents them would do something wrong.

They will justify murder, rape, torture, and even aggressive war to protect their own selves.

The hardest thing for anyone to do is admit that they were evil, and they link themselves with their leaders, and everything they are responsible for.

It all changes when they break from this emotional relationship.

As soon as they say 'not in my name' they can come out of the shell of denialism, and finally think for themselves.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
^^^ Get over the ranting, do you ever say anything different ?

Anyway apparently this is another part of the video from the contractors at Aegis.

www.flurl.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
taken from the original link to the video:

C&L has learned through sources close to the investigation that the man who is seen shooting vehicles on this video in Iraq was a South African employee of Aegis Victory team named Danny Heydenreycher. He served in the British military for 6 years.

change the title of the thread - remove US mercenaries please.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
taken from the original link to the video:

C&L has learned through sources close to the investigation that the man who is seen shooting vehicles on this video in Iraq was a South African employee of Aegis Victory team named Danny Heydenreycher. He served in the British military for 6 years.

change the title of the thread - remove US mercenaries please.

If they are working for America thay are US Mercs.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
If they are working for America thay are US Mercs.

Aegis Defence Services is a British security contracting company. If it makes you feel cozy and warm to think that everyone killing people in Iraq is an evil american, so be it. Do you call the suicide bombers that kill innocent muslims americans too? It is a rather easy catchall name isn't it? Kinda like terrorist. Easy to paint the picture that every muslim is a terrorist. It isn't true but it sure does make the whole "is he good or bad" question moot, eh?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
>>>If it makes you feel cozy and warm to think that everyone killing people in Iraq is an evil american, so be it.

I will define as US, or American forces those that work for the US STATE and carry force, or support it.

Be they soldiers, contractors, diplomats, or whatever, the one that ultimately pays them is who they represent making this SA national working for a British Security Contractor a US repesentative.

A US Merc if you will.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

A US Merc if you will.

Well to be accurate, you would say " a South African mercinary working for the US ". That's accurate, not sensationalism.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Let Arch call them US if he wants to, he's gonna anyway. There is abslutely no possible way, in his mind, that what he believes to be true isn't stone fact. There's no possible way a few individuals could act as humans sometimes do, and commit cruel acts because they have snapped. Everybody is connected to the US mainframe, like the Borg on Star trek, and any and all actions are taken only as a direct order from the US collective.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngelI will define as US, or American forces those that work for the US STATE and carry force, or support it.

Be they soldiers, contractors, diplomats, or whatever, the one that ultimately pays them is who they represent making this SA national working for a British Security Contractor a US repesentative.

A US Merc if you will.

that makes sense.

and all muslims are terrorists, no?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm.... Perhaps this will shed some light.

A mercenary is a soldier who fights, or engages in warfare primarily for private gain, usually with little regard for ideological, national or political considerations. However, when the term is used to refer to a soldier in a regular national army, it is usually considered an insult, epithet or pejorative.

A mercenary is any person who:

(a) is specially recruited locally or abroad in order to fight in an armed conflict;
(b) does, in fact, take a direct part in the hostilities;
(c) is motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a Party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party;
(d) is neither a national of a Party to the conflict nor a resident of territory controlled by a Party to the conflict;
(e) is not a member of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict; and
(f) has not been sent by a State which is not a Party to the conflict on official duty as a member of its armed forces.

link

[edit on 29-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Klepto posted in the ATSNN thread on this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(page 5)

'Trophy' video exposes private security contractors shooting up Iraqi drivers
By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent
The Sunday Telegraph
(Filed: 27/11/2005)
Last night a spokesman for defence firm Aegis Defence Services - set up in 2002 by Lt Col Tim Spicer, a former Scots Guards officer - confirmed that the company was carrying out an internal investigation to see if any of their employees were involved.
The Foreign Office has also confirmed that it is investigating the contents of the video in conjunction with Aegis, one of the biggest security companies operating in Iraq. The company was recently awarded a £220 million security contract in Iraq by the United States government. Aegis conducts a number of security duties and helped with the collection of ballot papers in the country's recent referendum

Just FYI...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Let Arch call them US if he wants to, he's gonna anyway. There is abslutely no possible way, in his mind, that what he believes to be true isn't stone fact. There's no possible way a few individuals could act as humans sometimes do, and commit cruel acts because they have snapped. Everybody is connected to the US mainframe, like the Borg on Star trek, and any and all actions are taken only as a direct order from the US collective.

Are you saying we should blame the STATE of South Africa for the actions of this man?

Blame the one responsible for him being there.

If the American STATE had not invaded Iraq, and hired these Mercs he would not have been in Iraq randomly shooting Iraqis in our name.

Point the finger of blame at the top, and that lies with the US STATE.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngelAre you saying we should blame the STATE of South Africa for the actions of this man?

Blame the one responsible for him being there.

If the American STATE had not invaded Iraq, and hired these Mercs he would not have been in Iraq randomly shooting Iraqis in our name.

Point the finger of blame at the top, and that lies with the US STATE.

might as well blame this guy's actions on bush senior since he didn't remove saddam when the whole world was backing his actions.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is laughable at best. I mean by that logic had the Muslims not conquered the Persians from that region there would be no Iraq for the US to invade…..HA! Up that one…

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, you've yet to establish that he was randomly shooting people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join