It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: US mercenaries Randomly Shooting Iraqis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1
This is laughable at best. I mean by that logic had the Muslims not conquered the Persians from that region there would be no Iraq for the US to invade…..HA! Up that one…

yeah but if you want to start there, why not blame the persians for being there in the first place? If they weren't there, the muslims wouldn't have had anyone to conquer.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
lol

Actually I’m going to blame seismic activity for producing land for the Persians to inhabit.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

lol

Actually I’m going to blame seismic activity for producing land for the Persians to inhabit.

ROFL, that was friggin hilarious

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Are you saying we should blame the STATE of South Africa for the actions of this man?

Blame the one responsible for him being there.

If the American STATE had not invaded Iraq, and hired these Mercs he would not have been in Iraq randomly shooting Iraqis in our name.

Point the finger of blame at the top, and that lies with the US STATE.

I blame England for Jeffrey Dahmer. If Pilgrims hadn't landed in America, there wouldn't have been any colonies, and they stage wouldn't have been set for Dahmer to eat dudes in the future.

I blame the dinosaurs for England and the Iraq war, if they hadn't been so careless as to become extinct, mammals would have never risen to power, and George Bush would have been eaten by a T-Rex by now.

Wow, blame sure can travel. Sure would be much easier if it just stayed where it belongs, WITH THE PERSON THAT COMMITED THE CRIME!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

lol

ROFL, that was friggin hilarious

Did the seismic activity that produced the Persian land mass pay the Mercs in Iraq that are randomly shooting at Iraqi citizens?

Mercs are there for one reason alone.

The paycheck.

The ultimate paymaster is America.

They represent, work for, and get paid by America.

They are US Mercs.

Don't blame the ancient Persians for what the US STATE does.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Does the U.S. pay them to specifically shoot randomly at civilians?

If not, does the U.S. control their actions through a Borglike collective?

If not, are you reaching? I think so.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I blame myself.

Truth is, I didn't intend to let things get this far out of hand. I figured a little mental push here, a little economic strife there, viola, instant global entertainment.

If we're blaming anyone, blame me.

I apologize to everyone. Please forgive me.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Does the U.S. pay them to specifically shoot randomly at civilians? .

don't bother. his reasoning gives way to blaming him for the actions of a few fanatical islamic extremists.

he probably feels that remington should be held responsible for every death by remington guns.

the tobacco companies should be held accountable for every smoking death.

gm should be held responsible for every death by a gm car, including those driven by drunk drivers.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I blame myself.

Truth is, I didn't intend to let things get this far out of hand. I figured a little mental push here, a little economic strife there, viola, instant global entertainment.

LMAO!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I blame myself.

I forgive you. Just try and be mindful of the kinds of global entertainment you provide, there are children watching.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
>>>Does the U.S. pay them to specifically shoot randomly at civilians?

The US gave them immunity from law, and they would not be there were it not for the US.

Hitler did not give Specific orders to the ones that actually carried out the warcrimes, but that did not absolve him of guilt.

If not the US who do you blame?

In absence of the actions of the US STATE these people would not have ever been in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Did the seismic activity that produced the Persian land mass pay the Mercs in Iraq that are randomly shooting at Iraqi citizens?

Mercs are there for one reason alone.

The paycheck.

The ultimate paymaster is America.

They represent, work for, and get paid by America.

They are US Mercs.

Don't blame the ancient Persians for what the US STATE does.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

I think your talking utter crap to be honest.
They are employed by a British security firm for an UNKNOWN company in Iraq.
There are plenty of companies that had interests in Iraq before & after the invasion that are not American.
The people in the video aren't American but South African, British etc..

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

that makes sense.

and all muslims are terrorists, no?

Whether hiding in an Afghan cave, or doodling in the Oval Office a terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.

STATES are not immune to being terrorists.

The Mercs here are either terrorists, or enemy combatants along with those that hired them.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

the moron with the gun?

look at it in a broader spectrum:

a suicide bomber records a video prior to killing himself. in this tape he says that, allah willing, he will blow himself up and as many infidels as he possibly can, all for the system of beliefs he picked up in the koran.

so, after he blows himself up and kills 100 innocent men, women and children, are we to ban the reading of the koran because? without the koran, this guy wouldn't have thought that blowing himself up in the middle of a wedding in a hotel in jordan would lead him to heaven.

Originally posted by ArchAngelIn absence of the actions of the US STATE these people would not have ever been in Iraq.

Had Saddam done as he was asked with regards to inspectors and sanctions, the US wouldn't have gone into Iraq in the first place. Blame Saddam?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I blame the idiots in the video, it's so blindingly obvious.

In absence of the actions of the US STATE these people would not have ever been in Iraq.

The legitmacy of the US presence in Iraq is not what we're debating. I wish we weren't there. But it is simply insane, completely insane, to blame such a broad entity for the criminal actions of a couple individuals. They ARE NOT paid to intentionally shoot at civilians, they are paid to provide security. And it has been proven that those who act illegally on their own behalf do face charges.

If you work for say, GM, and you are paid to help build cars, but on your break you're having a cigarette and you decide to put it out on a co-workers forehead for no reason. Is GM to blame? Because if it weren't for them hiring you to do something other than put cigarettes out on people, you wouldn't have been in the position to do it in the first place.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

And it has been proven that those who act illegally on their own behalf do face charges.

Please show one single example of a 'Security Contractor' being prosecuted for violent crimes in Iraq.

US Soldiers are not the same so no need rehashing the few cases of them being tried.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm not aware of any contractors being prosecuted, but it's not up to the U.S. to do so, either. Contractors are under the jurisdiction of their home countries unless the Iraqi government decides otherwise, so shouldn't you blame South Africa in this case? This contractors are not under the jurisdiction of the U.S.

One of the real problems in regulating all private contractors is their somewhat ambiguous legal status. As Singer wrote in a March 2005 article in Foreign Affairs, "Although private military firms and their employees are now integral parts of many military operations, they tend to fall through the cracks of current legal codes, which sharply distinguish civilians from soldiers. Contractors are not quite civilians, given that they often carry and use weapons, interrogate prisoners, load bombs and fulfill other critical military roles. Yet they are not quite soldiers, either."

In June 2003, the Coalition Provisional Authority handed down Memorandum 17, which grants foreign contractors immunity from Iraqi law while working within the boundaries of their contracted tasks. The memo placed private contractors under the legal authority of the workers' home countries. In June 2004, one day before the CPA transferred sovereignty in Iraq to the interim Iraqi government, Paul Bremer signed a revised version of Memorandum 17, which stipulates that the rule remain in effect until multinational forces are withdrawn from Iraq or until it is amended by Iraqi lawmakers.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Here is part two, with no music in the back ground. Enjoy:

www.flurl.com...

Sorry if this has been added to the thread already, dont have time to look

[edit on 29-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I only know of one that worked for the CIA who was indicted under the Patriot Act for abuse of an Afgahan detainee who later died.

Military contractors are not members of the military, therefore they are not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. They are subject to the laws of the country they operate in, but in Iraq the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) issued an order providing immunity from Iraqi law for actions by contractors or their employees in the course of their official activities. This immunity has been extended under Iraq’s new interim government.

Contractors may be subject to prosecution under three U.S. laws. The federal anti-torture statute provides for prosecution for acts of torture committed outside the United States by U.S. nationals or by non-nationals who are present in the U.S. Torture is defined as acts “specifically intended to inflict severe physical or mental pain or suffering”.

However the US can't prosecute contractors for other countries.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Here is part two, with no music in the back ground. Enjoy:

www.flurl.com...

Sorry if this has been added to the thread already, dont have time to look

[edit on 29-11-2005 by skippytjc]

Is there anything we should be looking for? I was looking forward to hearing them speak properly but they don't talk

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join