It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidance behind the meaning of crop circles? you be the judge.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
solar system

thats it im done

[edit on 103131p://290110 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay505
Crop Circles originated from hoaxers. It's a known fact that the area with the most crop cirlces is the south east of England.
That is because too friends Doug Bower and David Chorley decided to pull a prank after a pint down thier local.

Every friday night they went out to local fields and farms and used planks of wood with a rope on either end and there foot on the stick (sorry i cant explain it very well) and they went out a few times a week to preform their "hobby" of fooling people.

But finally, their trickery came to an end when Doug's wife had been noticing the car's milage had been increaing more than she had been driving it, so she confrounted Doug. He had to tell her the truth for fear of ruining his marriage. After telling his wife he had to come out with the secret to the world and he did so in September 1991.

[edit on 6/1/06 by Jay505]

If you would include the whole story it would be a little different. Doug and Dave say they started hoaxing AFTER they saw a crop circle while visiting Australia.

So yes many are hoaxes, but there are still some that can not be explained away so easily.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

I've got $400 dollars that says I can re-create anyone of these circles under the conditions provided that you have a suitable crop field, are willing to fly me out to it, let me spend a day, and bring along a few volunteers sometime during the summer if I can convince a few friends.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Frosty]

Where do you live (approximately)? If in the USA, please give the state, Maybe we can find a suitable location half way between where you live and I live and we can meet, you pick out the field, I will pick out the design.

We can haggle over the specifics and meet this fall. Like I said before, I agree many are hoaxes and would love to see one done, hell I would even help just so I can say I participated in one.

Once it is done then we will check to see if it conforms to what many experts claim are true circles.

To get that list we will visit a few circle web sites and just print off a check list and check it out.

Who knows maybe you will persuade me.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
my opinions

as was stated in the film contact, if theres no other beings out there its an awful waste of space.

now we may be the most advanced (hence not being bombarded by aliens), we may be mere infants in comparison to some races.

crop circles being tried before? maybe, and if theres been no response our neighboring intellects have left it for a few hunderd years, then started again with simple ones, to see our reaction.

Why not plant it outside aricebo?? well lets think. The US gov't are allegedly responsible for the biggest UFO/earthbound conspiracies going. Hollywood alone has claimed the US responsible for the winning of every war, and decoding enigma.

lets think about enigma, your aliens watching, you see a nation that decoded an uncrackable code. then you see another nation say lets win by demolishing as much as possible with bombs, then cover everything up and say it was a bit of wind, and paper in the air not our planes. WHERE would you leave your message, in a mathematical language thats planetarily understood? in a country who cracked the uncracable code? or somwhere they're likely to cover it up?

Then as for visiting, lets say they did visit us at roswell. what happened, theyre hidden away and cut up (possibly), are you likley to walk down "yardie lane" or "the hood" to visit someone? or leave some messages, and find out who wants to meet without cutting you to ribbons and see how you work.

Also bear in mind, if we are being watched, what happened when war of the worlds was broadcast on radio. Everyone went into histerics. Now if aliens did turn up, people would probably panick, then they'd probably be welcomed by every millitary might possible. Not a nice way to say, "hi we're your new neighbours, can we borrow some sugar"

if these aliens are that advanced it may be that the "inter-galactic federations" or whatevers way to introduce upcomming techological species gentley, Not boom heres technology come visit us sometime. particularly when we havn't stopped molesting and destroying each other with all our possible might. so we've had sightings. we've had crop circles, getting more compelx. let the rumors abound, and form those, for, against and undecided. Then comunicate to the undecideds, they'll take it seriously, waiting to be proved either way. the for's will just say beleive its true, the against will say hoax. get the belief and acceptance going gradually, then drop a few clangers, like a few flyby's and maybe a large craft come to observe. then finally meet and greet, and have a cuppa, and maybe a squid slimeburger.

This may be 50 years down the line, it may be 500. (god i wish they'd hurry up, i want real lifelike first person shooter technology for my gaming).

My personal opinion, They exist, more advance lesser advanced, who knows? I also beleive i've seen a non-standard earthbound craft. (won't say ufo, cos if sommiks in the sky u can't ID, then its unidentified, might be a plane but still unidentified) to me this thing was 60-80 foot off the ground, making no noise, going too slow for a plane, and too wide for a helicopter, and as i said, it had no noise, passed over my head, i wound car window down, and looked, it was black, elyptical shaped, with squaring on the edges, and red illumination. was about 20 years ago in yorkshire. I've kept it to myself as i'm not an aviation genius so couldnt say for sure. BUT, 20 seconds later it was NOWHERE to be seen, when i say too slow for plane, i mean it was doing about 20MPH.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
doug and dave link

quote ''..Even if their grossly exaggerated claim to have made 250 crop circles in England since 1978 were true, that would still leave 1750 formations in England and other countries unaccounted for, as well as numerous pre-1978 formations.''

[edit on 013131p://22011 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
Where do you live (approximately)? If in the USA, please give the state, Maybe we can find a suitable location half way between where you live and I live and we can meet, you pick out the field, I will pick out the design.

What are you? A criminal? It had better be a field that you have permission to do this within. Which is why I would prefer it to be your field. I live in Houston by the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
hey why not, aliens are 'tagging' our fields all day i dont see how another 1 will hurt anybody
lol

[edit on 023131p://33012 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
On the History Channel there is a program about Crop Circles, there are students from MIT trying to duplicate a circle along with magnetic results.

Check it out.

Sorry it is on the Discovey Channel.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by bpletcj]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What are you? A criminal? It had better be a field that you have permission to do this within. Which is why I would prefer it to be your field. I live in Houston by the way.

Come on this is supposed to be like all the other circles that are made, in the dead of the night, done clandestinly with out getting caught. If we had permission it would give you an advantage, wouldn't it?

I live in Northern Indiana, pick a location in the middle and let me know.

Edit Just wanted to welcome bikky to ATS, welcome aboard.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
doug and dave link

quote ''..Even if their grossly exaggerated claim to have made 250 crop circles in England since 1978 were true, that would still leave 1750 formations in England and other countries unaccounted for, as well as numerous pre-1978 formations.''

[edit on 013131p://22011 by info_junkee]

Does this lead you in anyway to believe that the remaining circles are all non-human made? I am far more willing to rule out nature as a cause for these circles before aliens, simply because aliens do not exist.

Come on this is supposed to be like all the other circles that are made, in the dead of the night, done clandestinly with out getting caught. If we had permission it would give you an advantage, wouldn't it?

I live in Northern Indiana, pick a location in the middle and let me know.

Edit Just wanted to welcome bikky to ATS, welcome aboard.

It is not about clandestine operations. It is the fact that it against ATS rules to discuss illegal activities. And I am not a criminal. I am not going to break into what could be someone's savings for their kid to go to school so that I can prove to you the processes of replicating geometric curves in a crop field.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Frosty

Are you trying to bait me into doing something to get me kicked off the ATS board?

Of course I am not going to do something against the law. It was a freaking joke.

Go and be a buzz kill somewhere else.

You state that ebe's are not real as fact when it is just your opinion and clearly you are not exactly the poster boy for facts.

Any ways have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Does this lead you in anyway to believe that the remaining circles are all non-human made? I am far more willing to rule out nature as a cause for these circles before aliens, simply because aliens do not exist.

Have you read Gazroks write ups on Rozwell

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or the Hill abduction case?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really think you should read those WITH AN OPEN MIND, then say you are 100% sure aliens don't exist.

But if you are going to read these the whole time out of spite, then don't bother. Kind of like when you are a child and your mom tries to get you to eat some vegetable you don't like. If you think it will taste bad, its going to taste bad to you regardless.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree with Indellkoffer. It seems silly to float around and burn images into a random field for nobody to really notice. And even then only a fraction of a population (very small amount) would notice it and an even smaller percent would actually take interest.

If you want to get a point across, TV interception is the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
How in the world could 2 people with planks of wood do this:

Oh, hang on it was 6 people with some planks of wood:

Or how did they do that:

Oh, it was comissioned by National Geographic TV

At the beginning of August 2004 circlemakers John Lundberg, Rod Dickinson and Wil Russell were asked by National Geographic TV to create a demonstration formation in daylight opposite Silbury Hill in Wiltshire for a documentary on the crop circle phenomenon. We decided to create a 200ft formation incorporating a square spiral. Until now square spirals have not appeared out in the fields, probably because unlike a circular spiral - which is relatively easy to accomplish with the right tools - a square spiral is a complex geometric form and difficult to create accurately. At our suggestion National Geographic rigged up a 120ft crane at the side of the field and shot time-lapse footage of the formation being created. It took 3 of us a very sedate 5 hours to create, with lots of breaks in construction for filming.

So it took 3 people 5 hours to do a very difficult design.

The whole argument that just because you don't know how circle makers produce such fantastic patterns means it "must be aliens" is a logical fallacy. I have no idea how to go about building a microprocessor or a jet engine, do this mean I should assume aliens must have produced all the microprocessors and jet engines in the world? Well, no. Clever humans did.

If it is aliens they have a strange taste for Japanese Kitch:

All the images and quoted text come from this site:

www.circlemakers.org...

Which has some fantastic stuff on it, I'd recommend a visit.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

OBVIOUSLY they are human or alien made because nature doesnt come up with stuff like that... thats more unlikely than aliens that dont ...EXIST.. doing it.

Government MAY do it to make it seem aliens do it... or just to get us thinking deep.... who knows why they do some of the stuff they do.... just cause somethings seem evil doesnt mean they wasnt done out of love to make us go the best way..... we love our kids but we dont tell them every single dark effd up detail they dont neeeed to know.... etc..

As for you saying aliens dont exist....

Thats your opinion.. and you are an alien too if you wana get silly and technical over it..... we are all aliens to aliens.....

or maybe you dont exist either?

[edit on 013131p://20011 by info_junkee]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
does anyone ever fake these with computers anyway? all i see is photos i dont know nothin at the end of the day
i just look round all angles and possibilities.. regardless of where im lead to believe we are at with technology....... all we got here is ancient antiques no matter how advanced we go as humans its always going to be ancient and slow......

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I find this entire thread very, very compelling. I didn't watch the entirety of the post's original links (monotone, and dry in my opinion, but informative), but I watched about 10 minutes of each video. Good find.

I wonder if there are any crop formations in the marshes of rice patties in China, and if there were, would we know of them?

I sometimes think our unwillingness to be curious enough to overcome forms of communication hinder us from understanding the truth behind the confusion of borders and languages.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
About 7 or 8 years ago i noticed what appeared to be a crop circle in a field near High Wycombe next to the airfield and was seen from the M40 motorway, i never noticed anything on the sites about this (maybe someone knows) what seemed strange about this formation is ,it was there over a period of around 18 months even though we had the change of seasons the pattern still stayed,is this common?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
stmichael

I have watched a couple documenteries on history channel or discovery channel, and some people have stated that sometimes the following year nothing will grow in the area where the circle or design was.

Is that what you mean?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
does anyone ever fake these with computers anyway? all i see is photos i dont know nothin at the end of the day
i just look round all angles and possibilities.. regardless of where im lead to believe we are at with technology....... all we got here is ancient antiques no matter how advanced we go as humans its always going to be ancient and slow......

What are you saying? You want to find software to make geometric shapes? If you search for it will come to you. Just google it. You can buy a graphing calculator or just do them by hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join