It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidance behind the meaning of crop circles? you be the judge.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You keep misinterperating me
no i dont need software i dont want to make cropcircles
all i meant was do people ever fake cropcircle photos... yknow, like with adobe photoshop and programs you just mentioned... doesnt matter anyway. cool..

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sites down, can someone post the vids? Trying again later...

Edit: links are broken

[edit on 10-1-2006 by princeea]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
and now, a random fact about vin diesel:

crop circles are vin diesel's way of telling the world that sometimes corn need to lay the F down.

aside from that random blurb, interesting stuff in that link.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Of course photos could be digitally editted to create them, but there are enough eyewitnesses to the ones photographed that its most likely they are all just as they looked when first seen. The complexity is wild in some of them, and if they are all fakes, I tip my hat to the geometry wiz that pulled them off. It sure would be a lot of work just for a chuckle over fooling folks. People do the strangest things, though, so I guess it is possible they're all fakes. I really doubt it. If I made one of those really intricate ones, I know I'd step forward and accept the credit, they're masterpieces.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea
Sites down, can someone post the vids? Trying again later...

Edit: links are broken

[edit on 10-1-2006 by princeea]

I just checked the links and they seem to be working fine know.

Let me know if it is still a problem and I will U2U it to you.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
As for the age of this phenomenon, the olders crop circle I know of is from 1678.

August 1678, Hertfordshire. A pamphlet describing an unusual luminous phenomenon seen in a field. The next day circles were found cut into the crop. Is this a 17th century prankster, an act of revenge on a farmer or an ancient crop circle account?informantnews.com

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Unplugged]

mod edit to use "ex" instead of "quote"
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 12-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
As for the age of this phenomenon, the olders crop circle I know of is from 1678.

Doug and Dave must have built a time machine and went back in time to do it since they claim they are the first to do it.

The light was probably the flux capacitor discharging to create the time displacement.

In all seriousness good find
I remember hearing it on a documentory from the history channel but couldn't remember the details such as the dates.

So, what do the skeptics say about this article?

mod edit: shortened link

[edit on 12-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
In the vast majority of cases, crop circles go unclaimed. The ones that are revealed by their makers as being created by them are a small fraction of the total, and they are also easily confirmed as fakes by crop circle aficionados performing a few simple tests. The very complex and very large ones are a whole different story. Unless I missed it, not one of them has been claimed by these hoaxers. The fakes are usually small, simple designs, and show obvious signs of being manually created.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a lot of circles are definitely hoaxes , and these are usually easy to spot , not because of their patterns, but of other factors like the pressure that had to be applied on the stalks or bent stalks, em signatures etc etc... you just can't apply enough pressure with a board and your body weight to achieve some of the results seen. Machines ? ok why not, but why haven't the hoaxers come out with them yet and debunked all of it ?
Just like with the UFO phenomenon, a lot of BS and a minority of yet unexplainable events.Does it prove it has an extra-terrestrial origin ? Definitely not. Has any of us the possibility to prove that 100% of these circles are hoaxes ? Definitely not .

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
a lot of circles are definitely hoaxes , and these are usually easy to spot , not because of their patterns, but of other factors like the pressure that had to be applied on the stalks or bent stalks, em signatures etc etc... you just can't apply enough pressure with a board and your body weight to achieve some of the results seen. Machines ? ok why not, but why haven't the hoaxers come out with them yet and debunked all of it ?
Just like with the UFO phenomenon, a lot of BS and a minority of yet unexplainable events.Does it prove it has an extra-terrestrial origin ? Definitely not. Has any of us the possibility to prove that 100% of these circles are hoaxes ? Definitely not .

I agree with you. Alot of them are probably hoaxes but there are many unexplained and many have strange traights like when batteries just drain for no apperant reason, or helicopters lose power and have to make emergancy landings.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I could not find any percentages of hoaxes to real ones, but it appears that hoaxes make up a small percentage of total circles. And 25 people have claimed to be witnesses to the formation of real ones. I was going to post a load of links that give lots of good information on the differences between hoaxes and real ones, and the reasons why it is nearly impossible that hoaxers are creating some of the more complex ones.
But.... instead of links, this is all you get.
Go to dogpile dot com and enter 'crop circle hoax' and you'll get more information than you want.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I could not find any percentages of hoaxes to real ones, but it appears that hoaxes make up a small percentage of total circles. And 25 people have claimed to be witnesses to the formation of real ones. I was going to post a load of links that give lots of good information on the differences between hoaxes and real ones, and the reasons why it is nearly impossible that hoaxers are creating some of the more complex ones.
But.... instead of links, this is all you get.
Go to dogpile dot com and enter 'crop circle hoax' and you'll get more information than you want.

paranormal.about.com...

there is a good site with a lot of good information about "real" crop cirlces

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

paranormal.about.com...

there is a good site with a lot of good information about "real" crop cirlces

I can't get you link to work.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj

It works ok for me, bpletc.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by bpletcj

It works ok for me, bpletc.

There it goes, might have been my connection last night.

Thanks sanctum

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
These must have been done by an alien right?

They're very pretty. Now show me where they occur in crops.

I fail to see how a couple of blokes armed with a plank did that in one night. Read all about it here.

If you have a look around that site, you will find all sorts of crazy information encoded into crop formations.

By 1988, hundreds of crop circles had been documented and researched. And every year they had grown exponentially, always developing and splitting in structure as if suggesting some sort of language, more complex as the years progressed and at the pace in which the research teams picked up on the subtle clues left on the fields. Circles developed a simple ring, then double rings. Then Celtic crosses, where the four 'satellite' circles were connected by a thin band, too narrow even for a small child to thread without disturbing the crop. In 1988, during a BBC interview inside a new formation, the cricket-like warble that had been heard several times throughout the years was captured on tape. Eventually analyzed by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, it was measured as 100 bpm, at a frequency of 5.2kHz, and mechanical in nature. A bird or insect was also out of the question.

Why would NASA analyse something connected to a bunch of circles made by two blokes and a plank?

Source.

I'm forced to concur with stumason. Sure there are some hoaxes out there, including some high profile advertising projects [which BTW are underwhelming alongside the real thing]. But there is no way, that all crop circles are man made IMO.

Here is a great website for crop circles, updated as they appear during the "season".

Here is a site that explores the connection between some crop circles and the Mayan calendar.

[edit on 13/1/06 by Implosion]

8th

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I watched the video quite some time ago.. I found it to be very interesting. A further step-by-step process of decoding the ASCII message would have been very boring, but could have closed up some loose ends for me. And once again, the question, why ASCII? Some of the other designs posted are so perplex, yet so simple. It tears me up because we really dont know what they mean and it just eats away at my brain lol.
What I am more interested in is the 27GHz of microwave energy and the process he had described. Does anybody know if further research has been done? That is a tad bit too high of mircrowave energy to be trying some home experiments anytime soon

Take care all.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by 8th]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As our planet struggles to find an answer to crop circles, back in 1972 and 1977 our planet had sent out equally similar messages to the stars. One day in the very far future, when the message bearing spacecraft crash lands onto a planet, its metal structures corroded, perhaps some intelligent lifeform will stumble upon the gold plaques or gold discs, and wonder if it was the work of some local 'alien' schoolkid's joke.

Earth's messages to other intelligent lifeform

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
As our planet struggles to find an answer to crop circles, back in 1972 and 1977 our planet had sent out equally similar messages to the stars. One day in the very far future, when the message bearing spacecraft crash lands onto a planet, its metal structures corroded, perhaps some intelligent lifeform will stumble upon the gold plaques or gold discs, and wonder if it was the work of some local 'alien' schoolkid's joke.

Earth's messages to other intelligent lifeform

Very good point, many things we ponder and blame on "teenage pranks" good very well flipped and the aliens good think the same.

Never thought of that angle before.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserkfactors like the pressure

Like whqat pressure? The amount of pressure required to change the angle of a stalk?

em signatures

What do you know about em signatures?

come out with them yet and debunked all of it ?

Are the plants still alive?

----------

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by Frosty
I fail to see how a couple of blokes armed with a plank did that in one night.

Fail to see? How much manual labor have you done in your lifetime? Planning out these operation to a t can make it avery simple process compared to what you are thinking.

If you have a look around that site, you will find all sorts of crazy information encoded into crop formations.

Never found anything out of the ordinary.

By 1988, hundreds of crop circles had been documented and researched. And every year they had grown exponentially, always developing and splitting in structure as if suggesting some sort of language, more complex as the years progressed and at the pace in which the research teams picked up on the subtle clues left on the fields. Circles developed a simple ring, then double rings. Then Celtic crosses, where the four 'satellite' circles were connected by a thin band, too narrow even for a small child to thread without disturbing the crop. In 1988, during a BBC interview inside a new formation, the cricket-like warble that had been heard several times throughout the years was captured on tape. Eventually analyzed by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, it was measured as 100 bpm, at a frequency of 5.2kHz, and mechanical in nature. A bird or insect was also out of the question.

What is meant by exponentialy, where is there information to suggest this? What suggest crop circles as a language or suggesting they are growing complex, where are those numbers a+bi? Maybe the people making these circles became better at what they were doin - Criminals and artist alike have a habit of doing this. What does 'anyalzed by NASA's JPL' mean? Do you know what they were anaylzing?

Why would NASA analyse something connected to a bunch of circles made by two blokes and a plank?

That is irrelevant. You are attepmting to use a government agencies actions as a basis for the validity of your arguement? Proof by funding: Afterall, how could a government agency be wrong?

I'm forced to concur with stumason. Sure there are some hoaxes out there, including some high profile advertising projects [which BTW are underwhelming alongside the real thing]. But there is no way, that all crop circles are man made IMO.

How are you able to distinguish between hoaxes? Why do the characteristics of hoaxes not comply with characteristics of what you would call 'genuine'? EM signatures? Honestly, give me a credible explanation of how this allows for any margin of the existence of off-worlder design., Why? Because you do not know what an EM signature is or how to replicate it therefore it is work of an off-worlder, that what you mean? you are calus like my big toe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join