It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hello Fritz,

Of course we missed you. How could we not????

The Pirate vs. TKA thing was settled in the manner of mature folks across the world, we flung poo at each other until we got distracted by shiny objects.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
But our shiny objects are much better than their shiny objects.

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yarg we have shiny swords

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'd like to present you all with my latest poem. I hope you like it as much as I do.

A Toast

Ladies, Gentlemen, I'd like to propose a toast
To the all-time greatest TV game show host

Impeccably dressed, not a hair out of place
Bob Barker's the essence of wit, style and grace

Have you heard of him? He's on The Price is Right
And as long as I've known him, his hair has been white

Bob goes to work and gets smothered in kisses
Men cheer him on while he smooches their missus

He plays games with his guests and some win a prize
They play Showcase Showdown and say their goodbyes

Before the show ends, Bob never forgets
To remind us to spay and neuter our pets

If you think that all this sounds like a dream
Remember, it's not always peaches and cream

Bob's been sued by a few Barker's Beauties
Dian said that he gave her sexual duties

Holly claimed she was fired when she gained weight
She hired a lawyer and got a court date

Bob's never been one to submit to his woes
He digs in his heels and he takes on his foes

The perfect example, Oh! It just made me roar
Was when he got in that fight with Happy Gilmore

Now I'll ask you all to raise your cup
As I quickly try to sum this up

It's clear no words but these will do
You rock, Bob Barker, I love you

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Duze - how wonderful to be greeted back in this manner! Don't I feel like the proverbial daughter returning to the nest
And with poetry too! You sure know how to melt a girl's heart. For a moment there I thought you would welcome me back with a pair of gold strappy Manolos, but this is even better!

I totally think you should ask for Writer status - and don't worry about all the 'serious' types who hang out there - in my eyes you embody what it means to understand the pleasure of words more than most people who just do it to impress and bore one to tears. Writing is something you should do if it moves you - it certainly sounds like you have a blast doing it and sharing it with all of us.

I wish my own muse would come back soon - she's been on holiday for weeks now (something about St Barts, some hot guy with a tan and a bottle of coconut rum). I don't think she's coming back for a while.

Kala? Nice to see you as well - how goes the sushi?

And the lovely ninja cat... I was in Spain for a few weeks and in between sangria and dancing, I remembered your kitty cravings and brought this Andalucian Machengo cheese back for you.

Oh Fearless one, I have not forgotten you amigo - 2 bottles of 43 for you. Good brandy - Navy pilots go mad for the stuff.

So did I miss Tinkle?

Originally posted by Duzey

Nik? Is that really you?

This is just wonderful. I'm so happy to see you again.

I haven't written hardly any poetry since you left but I suddenly feel inspired. I think you may be my muse.

Nikelbee's Poem

I woke up from my nap and much to my glee
Who had dropped by but the fair Nikelbee

[edit on 19-4-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I didn't know which ones you wanted, so I got you both.

Originally posted by nikelbee
I totally think you should ask for Writer status - and don't worry about all the 'serious' types who hang out there - in my eyes you embody what it means to understand the pleasure of words more than most people who just do it to impress and bore one to tears.

Thank you so much.
I'm glad you liked your poem.

I enjoy writing, but only happy or humourous stuff. I am quite incapable of anything resembling seriousness, it just doesn't work. I'm just not interested in being depressing, there's enough of that already.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
For someone who has lived his entire life in one room of his parents house for his entire life, I've got a lot of CRAP to pack.
It's amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over the years.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hey Nik, it's good to have you back.

The ninja cat, as you put it, has been up to his usual tricks. This widdle Owinge and Ginger marmalade tomcat has been spreading alarm and dispondency [not to mention NinjaKittyfleas] amongst the harshest of TKA critics.

My NinjaKittyflea spies gave our Lord and Benevolent Master Zaphod - peace and blessings be upon him timely warning of the Piratical practices practiced by the Pirates.

With my special sea-going NinjaKittyfleas spiking their grog and our blow-footballing war elephants on standby, we were able to defeat the Pirates - this time! But I do fear for our safety Nikledarling and any suggestions on how we can beef up the clubhouse defences would be gratefully received.

Special Green Dragon Lady Duzey, I just loved the golden strappy heels. I must confess that I have a fetish for ladies footwear and your pics are gorgeous. I prefer red [why do we guys like red? but black courts [pumps] are always a good standby.

I even purchased some black T-Bar Strappy Heels from Pierre Silbert in NYC and my Lady just loved them. Only cost $38 including air freight to UK. Amazing! Same shoe (unavailable outside London) would cost £100 - $150.

Could I be the perfect shopping partner for you gals? I can shop for shoes for hours and hours.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

What's really weird is the amount of crap accumulated by two people over several years. It isn't simply twice as much stuff, its like 10x as much stuff. Exponential or some other arcane mathematical term.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever

Originally posted by Zaphod58

What's really weird is the amount of crap accumulated by two people over several years. It isn't simply twice as much stuff, its like 10x as much stuff. Exponential or some other arcane mathematical term.

Hey! You are so right! I have been in the military for over 35 years and the crap I have stored away for every eventuality, is simply amazing.

The other day, I was sorting through all my kit, getting ready to deploy to SENTA in Wales when I came across a packet of thick elastic bands. They were 10 years old and probably perished but thought, what the heck?! I packed them anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I discover stuff that couldn't possibly have been kept for some 'eventuality', because it was pretty darn useless 10 years ago too.

I'll find something, trot it upstairs to show the wife.....she shrugs, says "I dunno", I put it back in the closet.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I found stuff from WAAAAAY back when. I even found my FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit card.
I got that way back in 1989, and hadn't seen it in years.

I'm making progress though. Trashed a TON of stuff, donated almost all of my books..... My book case is clear, my closet and dresser is almost clear, then it's just a matter of packing clothes, and throwing stuff away. Tuesday 9am I leave here.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
And as a new member I can proudly say I have contributed to the Dead Thread Society with at least four dead thread in under two days of posting.

At first I felt rather lonely, however as is usual in palaces (places) like this "you are never alone".

I am pleased to be among the ranks and shall do my utmost to bring praise to the establishment.

I am also cute. I mention this only because it's true. However it doesn't yet pay my rent so I really just use it to get free drinks.

Productivity is highly over-rated.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Welcome to the clubhouse. You're now responsible for one order of glazed donuts, and extra mature cheddar cheese as your admittance fee.

Don't sit on the cat, and watch out for the Dragon Lady. Oh, and two things above all, watch out for war elephant poo (they're not housebroken yet), and DON'T SMASH THE FLEAS. The NinjaFleas have been our eyes and ears and have been an invaluable resource at protecting the clubhouse.

Other than that pull up a bean bag, and make yourself at home.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Welcome justgeneric!

I saw your location, I live in the burbs of Vancouver. Isn't it a beautiful day out!

No rain!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well it was bound to happen....

Someone just cleaned up the clubhouse and all our lovely pics in this thread now require the DREADED mouseclick. :bnghd:

That's like sticking ALL OF OUR GLAZED DONUTS IN THE CLOSET.... :shk:

heh, I'm gonna go eat something....

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm leaving Tuesday morning. I'm not sure when I'll be able to be back here, but I'll try to be back as soon as I can. I'm not going to arrive in Atlanta until Wed afternoon, and it's about a 2 hour drive to where I'll be living. It's something like 25 hours with layovers, just to get to Atlanta. Ugh. I'm hoping that by Thursday I can at least get on and say hi and check on things. But I'm not certain about that.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sorry to see you go Leader. Have a safe trip and when you get to your final destination remember, get the 'puter out first. Hook it up to the 'net and get online and log in to BTS and visit us in the Clubhouse.

We'll all be here, keeping stume whilst the NinjaKittyfleas are guarding your throne - if the blow-footballing warrior pachyderms haven't sat on it first.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Tonight is my last night here.
I've got a lot of hours to get to Atlanta, but I THINK I can get on my uncle's computer by the weekend to let everyone know that I got there ok. I'm gonna miss everyone until I get online again. Duzey, take care of the clubhouse and make sure Fritz gets his cheese. Watch out for the Pirates just in case they come back again.

I guess I'll see everyone when I see them again.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I didn't specifically get a job to do, so I'll just hang around outside the clubhouse....keep the place picked up...mope a bit. Let me know if you need some elephant poo picked up. Getting pretty good at it....inhale, scoop, fling, exhale,..repeat as necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join