Anxiety - good lord! That's quite a list. I think in order to be realistic about our 'true' thread killing skills we have to address the problem of
both time in space in the equation. For time, how long is long, is the main question we must ask ourselves.
A few hours, a few days... never? As for space, this one is more complex. Are we posting where others will never see it? Where it will get lost and/or
ignored? Is 6:00 am really too early in the morning to post? All these factors contribute to where you post goes to die in the end.
Let me reiterate. One is simply not born a post killer. Yes, there are few Mozart-like individuals out there who possess the Gift naturally, but they
are rare. Most of us have worked long and hard at thread killing.
It is helpful to break down the cause of why a thread goes stone cold at the mere touch of your mouse. I'm ennumerating them below in no particular
1. Problem with TKing simply by the mere presence of one's name - expert level of TK
2. Problem with Tking as a paranoid reaction to what could simply be a slow day - Novice level - you'll get over it and soon learn to agree with
people just to be nice or to say something that someone will respond to. This in turn creates an addiction of a different kind. Get help people!
3. A problem with Tking because you err get carried away with overly compex and long posts that ramble on and do not address any immediate issues/or
visible agenda. Otherwise knowns as the Ego post. - Ranges from intermmediate to Holy XXXX you are good at thread killing. At first glance I say most
of us fit this description.
4. Advance skills of paranormal TKing. Do NOT try this at home people. This will kill a thread fresh in its track simply by virtue of thought. Studies
still being carried out on this one.
5. The 'I'm too sexy for this thread' TKing skills - Expert, expert level. Your posts are SO good, so insightful, so amazingly wonderful, there is
no possible way on earth any mere mortal can follow it up.
Now to sum up, I have selected my own top three TK posts for your review. I have (thoughtfully) tried to select one of each category. I hope you will
be suitably humbled as I'm sure I will be with yours.
Nikelbee's top 3 failed posts with a brief analysis of why they failed:
- Lost among other posts or big, whopping failure - you decide.
The I could care less about your opinion, go away and die, die, die post.
And finally, the whatthebloody??? post. Also known as the genuinely baffled - what did I do???? post. A combination of too much, too little or too
crazy, has the unpleasant result of making people back away slowly and go, 'Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkay....'
[edit on 21-9-2005 by nikelbee]