It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it will attack Japan if it goes nuclear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
we will just be controlling 130million people that dont want us there and they have no resources.

whoa...now u're assumeing that China will win the speculative war..

Vagabond, its a pity that the Chinese government dose'nt think on the same lines as you do and makes war-threats to Japan. Not doing justice to their "superior" IQ ??

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Very good
three stars for that on all points.

but on point number 2... china will never attack japan in vengence for WW2 or any other reason. theres no economic point in it. we will just be controlling 130million people that dont want us there and they have no resources.

YAY! We're on topic!

I should clarify on point number 2, i didn't mean they'd do it in retaliation if they thought they could get away with it. I think they'd do it to ensure air and naval superiority along their Northern Coast if they had a fool-proof chance. It's a matter of stability in the Koreas in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Gods have mercy- could you two PLEASE continue this converation via U2U? It would mean oh-so-much to me.

Plus I'm in the process of offering prayers to the mod-gods to have you both smitten. ATS isn't an outlet for your personal hatreds, at least not last time I checked. Let me check again real fast.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

What do you know- it's still there.

I have alredy apologised to chinawhite for all personal attacks (in a futile attempt to stop the same) and do so once again. But there is little one can do when someone is determined to initiate a flame war and makes irritatingly ignorant comments .

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
whoa...now u're assumeing that China will win the speculative war..

I'm a Tom Clancy reader, so feel free to tell me what you think would happen in the region if China went to war with Japan- just please, I beg you, if you're going to argue about it with Chinawhite, please do it on topic and without insults.

Superior IQs don't need to petty insults to destroy opposition- that goes for both of you guys.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Getting back ...which country would South Korea support in such a prospective conflict ?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Another reflection of your IQ. I posted because it was intresting news, not as an anti-china post. If you consider it as a "bait", it again reflects on you.

maybe i happen to be chinese and when you call my country a wannbe superpower you have to back your words with information

It was always applicable to you.

Thats sad a master like you at personal attacks should be able to come up with a different one except copying mine

Bad excuse, look for other ones.....

thats actually grammer

How uneducatedly stupid....to say the least

And you supposedly ran away from China because of the conditions there to Australia and now bark without stopping about China this and China that.

And what is your view on the history of events in 1947

Hello my read up on fujian history...... we fujianese have a history of leaving to new lands... most of the overseas chinese originate from fujian and guandong.

Chinawhite grow up and grow a brain....

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

another personal attack

i brush it off like all the other stupid things you say.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Getting back ...which country would South Korea support in such a prospective conflict ?

it would stay netural or give china moral support

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
stealthspy continue this in U2U..

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

If they thought they could get away with it, I think they'd just sit still honestly. They can take North Korea, but they can't do any damage to China, so why bother. They'd probably hope to keep the war on their soil airborne- their location would be important to controlling airways between Japan and China.

I think the US would try to keep them out of it though to prevent a ground war. The US would fly from Japan only in my opinion and try to shut down China's ability to cross the sea of Japan by air or sea, so as to prevent a larger war.

Of course all of that is strictly theoretical. Nations with nukes don't go to war with one another- it's too risky.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
China, South Korea hip to each other

atimes01.atimes.com...

you might think that china and south korea hate each other but it is quite different

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   

no enough of this.

Once again i apologise for all personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

no enough of this.

Once again i apologise for all personal attacks.

yes talk about the facts and likelihood of the events

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
But China is the supporter and biggest ally & maybe even weapons provider of north Korea and both are communist states.

But from my reading i suppose that there is immense hate for japan in south korea for some 60 year old human rights violations.

Will be interesting to see who they support.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Back to topic::::

both countries have no power-projection and the likelihood of a war is slim.

if china attacked japan it will lose but if japan attack china it will also lose.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

atimes01.atimes.com...

you might think that china and south korea hate each other but it is quite different

Very interesting, but it's a big step from liking people's music to wanting to stand by them when the shells start flying. I tell you right now, I'd run out on Eminem himself the minute somebody fired so much as a slingshot.

I don't see South Korea jumping in line to protect Japan, considering the stormy sentiments between those two nations, but I also don't see South Korea entirely turning coat on the US while China is attacking people.

It just might scare the Sunshine right out of South Korea's foreign policy.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This has been fun gentleman (I can call you both that now with no sarcasm) but I feel like the topic is sort of winding down. I'll take a peek tomorrow and see if there is anything new.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

But China is the supporter and biggest ally & maybe even weapons provider of north Korea and both are communist states.

But from my reading i suppose that there is immense hate for japan in south korea for some 60 year old human rights violations.

Will be interesting to see who they support.

North korea is more of a headache for china than the US. china could be using the money and food for its own cizitens. and north korea could start off a chain of events that could lead to a nuclear war.

japan and south korea nearly went to a week or two ago.(Takeshima/Tokdo islets)

[edit on 5-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

atimes01.atimes.com...

Very interesting, but it's a big step from liking people's music to wanting to stand by them when the shells start flying. I tell you right now, I'd run out on Eminem himself the minute somebody fired so much as a slingshot.

I don't see South Korea jumping in line to protect Japan, considering the stormy sentiments between those two nations, but I also don't see South Korea entirely turning coat on the US while China is attacking people.

It just might scare the Sunshine right out of South Korea's foreign policy.

its a start. maybe the next generation of chinese laeders grew up listening to south korean pop.

the south koreans if they enterd a war with china they wouldn't be fighting the US but only fighting againest japan or letting china uses her ports.

china is the only nation that could unite the two koreas.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We now interrupt this week's edition of Sino-Indian Phallic Insecurity, with hosts Chinawhite and StealthSpy, to bring you a word from our sponsors.

This segment sponsored in part by- JAPAN. Remember viewers, when you want to talk about the topic of this thread, think JAPAN.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

1. China has absolutely no national interest in actually attacking Japan unless they don't believe that deterrence will work against Japan, or unless they believe that Japanese deterrence will backfire with North Korea and cause a nuclear exchange. Logically, China's best military recourse is almost certainly to subvert Kim Jong Il, not to go to war with Japan.

2. China can pull the economic rug out from under America, but can not project enough force to the middle east via central Asia or anywhere else by sea to stop America from castrating the Chinese economy in retaliation. These two nations can not cross eachother, nor would they really want to. The only way China will attack Japan is if they calculate a 100% chance that America will not react- this would require a grevious misunderstanding of the role of public outrage in a democracy.

3. Public discussion of nuclearization in Japan is for public consumption. Japan is just testing some emerging ambiguity about the relevance of their constitutional pledge to forego belligerence. Any meaningful decision about remilitarization, especially nuclearization, will be made in private. Thus the entire thing is almost certainly a non issue unless Chinese intelligence makes a significant miscalculation.

4. A Japanese Boogeyman could be very useful to China on diplomatic and covert/subversive fronts, especially for forcing re-unification of the Koreas (and thus getting America out) as well as possibly bringing Taiwanese sentiment around to a point where they would trade some autonomy for greater protection. They don't need to crush Japan just for pride's sake- if there's no real threat, this could be a good thing for them.

Hi Vagabond,

Some very valid points from soneone who actually knows what they're talking about.

Re point # 1; my feeling is that if there's a serious oil shock in the months and years ahead, as I believe there may be, then the gloves may come off, resulting in more extreme behaviour from China to gain access to resources. This may include an act of aggression against Japan.

Regarding the younger Kim in North Korea; as I understand it, a junta of elderly aparatchics installed by his father may be about to depose him. Yes, these individuals will pose a real threat compared to the relatively pro-Western Kim Jong Il.

I agree with point 3 and 4, however I believe that if push comes to shove should oil reaches $100 a barrel, then things could get very hot in the Western Pacific.

Fortunately, there's still only one navy in the world that can shut down all world trade in one week. China knows this.

cheers & thanks
James

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Japan has the uranium stockpiles.

Japan has the rocket technology.

Japan could make nukes anytime it wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if it already had a few made and put away for a rainy day. What the Japanese say and what they do are two seperate entities.

China would be foolish in many respects to attack Japan itself, but doesn't mean it won't interfere in Japan's interests in the region.The best example is the recent spat over oil fields:

Japan has very little natural resources and living room so is thus of little use to the Chinese. The only resource in Japan for China?

Gender ratios:
China
1.06 Men per Women

Japan
1.01 Men per Women

A little payback for Nanking perhaps......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join