It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it will attack Japan if it goes nuclear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
China has warned in contact group meetings with the Russians that it will attack Japan in case it goes nuclear, and this comes amidst deteriorating China-Japan relations following Japanese attempts to gain permanent membership in the UN Security Council with veto powers.

Diplomatic sources said that the threat was conveyed two months ago, presumably based on Chinese intelligence that Japan was going nuclear, and since last year, Japan has become ambivalent about possessing nuclear weapons, its politicians obfuscating on the issue, saying that there is only a parliamentary resolution against weaponisation, while the Constitution does not specifically prohibit it.

Sources said that Russia asked China for the basis of making war-like threats against Japan, and insisted that it go public if it had firm evidence, but the Chinese side did not elaborate on the nature of their nuclear intelligence on Japan.

Analysts say that Japan’s nuclearisation could succeed the rise of Gaullist nationalism in the country, of which there are no consistent signs, although to visiting Chinese PLA delegations, an occasional Japanese politician has overplayed the militarism theme.

EDIT : link corrected. Thanks to JAK

Read full article .......

Well, IMO China is overestimating its power. After threatening Australia, now it does it to Japan. China is not a super power but only a wannabe super power and will be one only if everything goes as planned for the next 50 years.

But to threaten the likes of Japan in my view is nothing more than throwing its non-existant weight around. As of today IMO, Japan is a larger power than China.

I have no doubt that Japan have the tech-level to make nukes and there is reason to do so as well considering the North Korea episode and evr increasing Chinese hate for Japan.

Intresting..i wonder how things will shape out to be. Hopefully it will be sorted out peacefully.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What article are you talking about? It mentions nothing about china or Japan.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
IMO China is crossing the limit in many case like Japan . china want to hold sea of japn and taiwan and both is biggest threat in this case so evry year of two he start some thing to keep them under pressure.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What article are you talking about? It mentions nothing about china or Japan.

My apologies for the glaring error. I had 2 windows open and pasted the link form the wrong one. Anyway its corrected now after JAK u2u's me about it

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I also think china sees itself as more powerful than it really is. China is nowhere near superpower status!!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is proabably just crap for domestic consumption. Even if they think they could go into Taiwan and have the US sit on the sidelines, there is simply no way the US would allow Japan to be attacked by China and do nothing in responce. Even if you forget the fact that alot of JDF share bases with US military, the US would come to Japans aid.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Dont be too sure of the fact that China has no super power status...I mean, they`ve already taken control of 75% of the restraunts worldwide and they never fired a shot!!!!

They only pose a real threat to the cat kingdom, man if your a cat and you get close to one of their restraunts, your M.I.A and number 26 on the menu

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is just a bluff form China they would be putting themselves in a deep hole if they attack Japan, most of the western nations including the US would get involved.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I wont be surprised if Japan have secretly alredy developed nukes. I mean they are more than capable of it(tech-level), are'nt they ?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
jesus what kind of creditbility does this dite have.

its another indian site

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003

IMO China is crossing the limit in many case like Japan . china want to hold sea of japn and taiwan and both is biggest threat in this case so evry year of two he start some thing to keep them under pressure.

WTF are you on about..

taiwan is just like what kashmir is to india........but the people on tiawan are chinese wile the majority of the people in kashmir are muslim

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
china is not a military superpower but definitely a economic superpower..its the third largest RnD spender in the world after japan and the US and its citizens have a average IQ of 100 while another country with a large population(india) only has a IQ of 81. you can see the difference in the standard of education.

Articles
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.state.gov...
www.csmonitor.com...

if china wanted to it could fund a military re-equipment. it has the money and the technology. if can win any war with anyone of its neighbours that are not its friends.. eg like india.

in a war with america it would lose conventionally but with WMD everyone loses

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

This is just a bluff form China they would be putting themselves in a deep hole if they attack Japan, most of the western nations including the US would get involved.

this is not even a bluff. things like this will only happen in a Tom Clancy book

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

its another indian site

what do you expect from a 15 year old?
to post a link to reliable site or to one of his anti china/pak/islam sites?

back on topic ( it was true )
i dont think this would ever happen as china would have to much to lose
since japan has strong miliatry ties with the US ( i think )

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
China is only a wannabe superpower? China is not a superpower? Have any of you read the news lately or seen statistics?

China ha taken over the USa in gross exports and is shaping up to be the world's biggest economy, if it already isn't. China has the largest army in the world, the largest population, one of the largest stockpiles of nukes, largest trading nation and has very cold hard communist leaders. Now how the heck can you say after hearing these FACTS that China is not a superpower?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Russia has the largest followed by the US in the amount of nukes
china only has a few hundred ( that was i read on the bbc a while ago )

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

if china wanted to it could fund a military re-equipment. it has the money and the technology. if can win any war with anyone of its neighbours that are not its friends.. eg like india.

Perhaps, but china would be hit with so many sanctions and resolutions it would cripple itself if it attacks its neighbors.

Uk_United
China does not have sufficient force projection to threaten developed countries.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Perhaps, but china would be hit with so many sanctions and resolutions it would cripple itself if it attacks its neighbors.

Uk_United
China does not have sufficient force projection to threaten developed countries.

no not full scale war. like if a country is unstable or launches torriost attack..

france wants to sell china military equipment and russia is already selling china military equipment..

its stragery is to fight a limited war under high-tech conditions. strike first strike fast.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Umm westpoint your own military intelligence has released information stating that China has now developed ICBM's that can now reach American cities, eg LA. Where on earth did you hear your facts about China not having adequate projection?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by chinawhite

its another indian site

what do you expect from a 15 year old?
to post a link to reliable site or to one of his anti china/pak/islam sites?

back on topic ( it was true )
i dont think this would ever happen as china would have to much to lose
since japan has strong miliatry ties with the US ( i think )

yes you are right. japan is under the protection of the us nuclear umbrella.

like i said before things like this should be left in books. no one wants a war

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join