Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

China says it will attack Japan if it goes nuclear

page: 9
0
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
now i know why you think so differently. your living in western australia or somewhere remote.

if you come to east or south-east australia you'll find out that it is a lot more multi-cultural here.




posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i was looking at old information china signed a free trade agreement in 2004



Deals and Diplomacy
www.time.com...

[edit on 8-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The only way China can attack Japan is with missiles.

The PLAN is no match for the JMSDF, especially within range of Japanese air cover.

It's a dumb idea for China to start pushing Japan around too much, as nothing is more likely to convince the Japanese they need nukes, something they could do very quickly if they felt they had to.

And considering Japan's technological and industrial capacity, seeking enmity with them would not be a good idea for anyone. They're certainly capable of becoming a military superpower again, fortunately they just don't seem particularly interested in the idea.

[edit on 7/8/05 by xmotex]



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
THe Aussies didn't like the Indians turning up too much either!! Picky mates you aussies...



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Dang right their picky- they only side with the best.

Sorry, it had to be said.

Anyway, I think I've pretty much had my fill of this for now. All I've got to say in closing is that if China can cross Japan without getting it as bad as they give it, then I am Mickey Mouse! Never even mind what happens to China when the "declining" USA sends the only real navy in the world to instantly stop the flow of their "soft influence".



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The only way China can attack Japan is with missiles.

The PLAN is no match for the JMSDF, especially within range of Japanese air cover.

It's a dumb idea for China to start pushing Japan around too much, as nothing is more likely to convince the Japanese they need nukes, something they could do very quickly if they felt they had to.

And considering Japan's technological and industrial capacity, seeking enmity with them would not be a good idea for anyone. They're certainly capable of becoming a military superpower again, fortunately they just don't seem particularly interested in the idea.

[edit on 7/8/05 by xmotex]


not even with MRBM it can attack japan. china is in short supply. also no country in the world could invade japan. no even with all the america carriers. japan has one of the best airforces i the world



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Huh? F-15Js and F-2s (F-16s) aren't really that new. Besides, Japanese F-15Js only have Aim-7s and not Aim-120s, while Chinese Su-30s have R-77s. The Japanese Navy is slightly better, and airpower I believe should go to the Chinese, with their Su-30s and Su-27s, add the J-10. I don't think China has the capabilites to project power onto mainland Japan, I think China is just shaking a stick like what the US is doing with NK.



posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Huh? F-15Js and F-2s (F-16s) aren't really that new. Besides, Japanese F-15Js only have Aim-7s and not Aim-120s, while Chinese Su-30s have R-77s. The Japanese Navy is slightly better, and airpower I believe should go to the Chinese, with their Su-30s and Su-27s, add the J-10. I don't think China has the capabilites to project power onto mainland Japan, I think China is just shaking a stick like what the US is doing with NK.


im talking about a chinese invasion of japan. those su-30s and su-27s are do jack when their still in china. the things is that if japan attacks china it will lose but if china attacks japan it will also lose



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
at last im down to the last post. sadly india got involved
must have been due to the iq
lol

its great that we can speculate who will win if one attacks first or the other but the fact is that both sides will lose. and as we all know japans military is a self defence force (per their constituition) so fat chance of them attacking first.

oh just for the record, i have direct relatives in both nations so my views arent based on nationalistic sentiments.

ok...so china will attack japan if it develops nuclear capability, hmmm...

1) ive heard china say a lot of things the last couple of years (read taiwan) and it gets boring after a while...if they really want taiwan so badly, make the first move and lets see but again when it comes to crunch time its the real men who make the decisions and they know what theyre doing (the consequences are)

2) its nice that we can safely deduce who will win a conflict by quoting how many of what type of fighter planes they have or whatever but lets consider what would prevent china from going to war with japan or any other nation. im not saying they shouldnt go to war, iraq is getting a little stale so a new one will be refreshing lol

3) and finally...china is saying it can have nuclear arsenal but its perceived enemies cant? damn...it ll be great if you can force all your foes to fight you with chopsticks when you have swords...but yea i understand that a few ktons of warheads going off will affect the innocent sunbathers in bondi or st kilda.

if you ask me...nations can have all the nuclear arsenal they want provided they relocate a son or daughter of the person who will make the call to launch at each and every city thats a perceived target...and if they still take the shot and win...the people should kick the # out of him afters



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer


3) and finally...china is saying it can have nuclear arsenal but its perceived enemies cant? damn...it ll be great if you can force all your foes to fight you with chopsticks when you have swords...but yea i understand that a few ktons of warheads going off will affect the innocent sunbathers in bondi or st kilda.



atcually thats what the US is doing.



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
at last im down to the last post. sadly india got involved
must have been due to the iq
lol




lets just sort out all these IQ questions by taking the same online IQ test and then see who's got the better IQ..
I'm Indian.. Anybody up for a challenge??..
Esp. those who make "IQ" such a BIG issue..


FuGGer.. Im sure you meant that the indians got involved due to the "IQ" accusations.. If otherwise, then you're welcome to join our trials too



Stop the IQ bit and everything else here and now..

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Daedalus3]



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Me too....





posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Here's the IQ thread- I'm sure you guys will love it. If I had to take a wild guess, I think I've spotted 2 or 3 people here who might be able to tell the truth there without blushing- but frankly I subscribe to an old piece of folk wisdom- the empty can rattles the most.

(and yes, i'm well aware that I rattle as much if not more than dang near anyone on ATS- just not about by IQ usually.)



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
FuGGer.. Im sure you meant that the indians got involved due to the "IQ" accusations.. If otherwise, then you're welcome to join our trials too



no no...i agree with the first part of your statement...thx for the invitation anyway



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3


lets just sort out all these IQ questions by taking the same online IQ test and then see who's got the better IQ..
I'm Indian.. Anybody up for a challenge??..
Esp. those who make "IQ" such a BIG issue..


when i get to uni i'll take up your challenge

[edit on 9-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
atcually thats what the US is doing.


yea...and so china would probably use that as an excuse if america decides to intervene.



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

when i get to uni i'll take up your challenge

[edit on 9-7-2005 by chinawhite]


Oh nO!!.. IQ's got nothing to do with academic knowledge..Nor does it have anything to do with general knowledge..

That's why IQ scores rarely change form 16 yrs. onwards..

Its just basic verbal and cognitive skills..
lol..Why don't you and stealth spy take one?



posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
then whats the point of taking a IQ test then



posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
To see who has better verbal/cognitive skills..
Those skills are the precursors to ALL other technical abilities.. esp. cognitive..





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join