It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reinhardt

What does the MiG 15 have to do with current Area 51 speculation? I know they did all kinds of testing on them in Groom Lake but that was back in the late '60s. Am I missing something because I am not understanding the point you are making.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Erybodies pics are amazing and truly show that some crazy aircraft are kept at groom lake. It's crazy what the government tries to hide but gets captured by awesome people who just wan everyone to know the truth. Thanks to bob lazar telling John Lear some of his stories we now know that some crazy stuff goes on at groom lake

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Erybodies pics are amazing and truly show that some crazy aircraft are kept at groom lake. It's crazy what the government tries to hide but gets captured by awesome people who just wan everyone to know the truth. Thanks to bob lazar telling John Lear some of his stories we now know that some crazy stuff goes on at groom lake

The truth is so amazing when people become aware of it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i really wish i could get in there and see whats going on underground there ha. But that Utah air base is getting some UFO, and conspiricy attention now. I want to see whats going on there now.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Goblin
i really wish i could get in there and see whats going on underground there ha. But that Utah air base is getting some UFO, and conspiricy attention now. I want to see whats going on there now.

The sad thing is that folks like Bob Lazar and others have the gift of BS when it comes to spinning a yarn about the activities going on at the NTTR (Nevada Test & Training Range) or the UTTR (Utah Test & Training Range) when in all reality they are nothing more than facilities that test and work the bugs out of future aircraft, and try to do it in secret, away from prying eyes.

Folks like Lazar, if anything, can be credited for disinformation, and throwing off the dogs who sniff around in matters that the Air Force does not want them to know about.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
RACE, WATCHING

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zipdot

The first few photos of the cool-looking jet are of the F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter bomber. Not sure when these were taken but the jets were used in the attack on Libya in the mid-180s so they must be from before the jet went operational. Very cool photos though! The older black and white image is a U-2 probably from the mid-1950s. The last three images are of the SR-71 Blackbird. When I was about 10 my father and I were driving from Reno to our ranch in southeastern Nevada. I don't recall what road we were on but it was a long way from any town. I was looking for wild horses off the road when I saw a black jet fly past us almost silently! The damn thing was really low and I asked my father what it was. My father, who is a pilot and knows a lot about aircraft, told me it was an SR-71 flying subsonic. I'd never seen anything like it and thought it be a UFO...pretty dumb but hey I was 10.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
nice pics guys

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have watched as people over and over again go down the same road to the same place and do a uturn at the invisible fence. how come no one is making attempts from the other directions? it is more inhospitable....... if someone has I havent seen any

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

The reason people do not try to get into Area 51 from the other directions is because Area 51 is surrounded by other government owned and operated lands, such as the Nevada Test Site, Nellis Air Force Range and the Tonopah Test Range. Thus it would make it harder to go in from the other sides of the base as you would have to hike a long distance through gnarley government operated land. Plus im sure they have sensors everywhere on the perimeter of the base so im sure the camo dudes would snatch you up even if you made it all the way over by it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

has anyone tried

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow2
has anyone tried
I think some people (including me) are discouraged by the signs saying "Use of deadly force authorized".

Does that mean they can shoot first and ask questions later?

Even if they don't kill you, you're likely to get locked up if you cross the perimeter, right? They have way too many sensors for you to sneak past them.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Im familiar with those sensors and know how they operate and they are exceptional. You will prob get jail time, suspended and a fine. To be honest there isnt a point to going out there because you wont see anything. Whats the point of driving all that way when all you do is do a u turn. thats why i asked how come someone hasnt tried a different approach? they may or may not be expecting it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

they wont shoot unless they feel an imminent threat to themselves or others. maybe there is an area that doesnt have security??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I think it is more like they will use lethal force if you do not comply with their requestsand not just if they feel endangered. I don't mean that they will just shoot you if you do not immediately follow their requests but I would bet they would get a little more violant. I also think the other reason is that you can face between a $1,000-$5,000 fine and from 6 months-1 year imprisonment if you enter the base without permission. I don't know about you but I would rather not have to pay thousand dollar fines and be imprisoned, who knows where, for 6 months to a year. Also the other areas surrounding it, such as the Nellis Range, have similar signs telling you it is unlawful to enter the area without the permission of the installation commander. I am sure that they all have security in these areas as they run tests on many things mostly having to do with weapons technology.

edit on 5-12-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xCDf21

If anyone wants to know what goes on at UTTR let me know and I will answer your questions.
edit on 6-12-2010 by surfnow2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

All air force bases have those signs and they arent going to shoot you unless they feel an imment threat to themselves or others. There are other special circumstances where they can use deadly force but that is for another area and their resources. Out on the perimeter things are different

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Aura around A-51, perception and the fines are keep people at bay. I wouldnt go near it even near the outskirts. If I did I would cover up my plates and vin number. Thats all I have to say about that

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just about every picture linked to menphis.com (or whatever the domain is) on the first page is no unavailable... anyone else noticing this? Are they being taken down?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zipdot

I have seen some of these photos in the public domain and on you tube

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join