It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If we wanted to steal it, it would already be ours. We have the weaponry to remove people without affecting the real estate. If we were the monsters that you portray us as, the world would look a lot different than it does today. The Middle East would be part of the Unites States with a stable economy and plenty of tourism where everyone speaks English. The only killings would be from disgruntled workers or serial killers. The indigenous people would have been gone a long time ago.

This comment just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think if you overtly tried to steal one of the largest reserves of oil in the world, the rest of the world, despite your illusions of military invincibility, may take you to task about it.

Better option is to steal it covertly, under the cover of a country in chaos. Also smart is to invest in the future by liberally seeding the area with poisonous DU rounds. 20 or 30 years from now the local populations will be decimated and you will have your dream of an english speaking middle east. As long as the contractors know what's good for them.

I don't think the tourism will be any good, unless you enjoy holidaying in NBC suits. Though the Baghdad mutant zoo might be a crowd-puller!!

I am sure you won't need to worry about whatever poor mug of a soldier you send to guard the area. Not like he/she will be reaching any age where they could draw a pension. What an excellent investment in your future.

I can understand the sentiment of wanting the best for your family and yourself. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the same, but to a lesser degree. I have food in my belly, a roof over my head and a fairly nice existence.

The thing is it makes me ill to read how easily the Iraqis (or whoever stands in your way) can be written off as disposable, just so you can drive a bigger car and eat yourself into an early grave.

It's Monday morning in the land of the Rising sun, Cynical mood set to level 10.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Why did US president George H.W. Bush encourage those people in Iraq to rise up and then sit idly by while Saddam slaughtered them?

I was sitting in a bar on base, just after coming home from Iraq, shaking my head in disbelief that we did NOTHING to help those people out. WE caused them to do that. THEY believed WE would come to their rescue. WE BETRAYED them and THEY DIED.

Why ? I thought it was balatantly obvious. The same reason that the Coalition never took Baghdad. You see all these Arab countries didn't want the US deposing Saddam Hussein. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

These comments betray a lack of knowledge of the history of that region.

I think your comments betray a lack of understanding of what I said. I don't think us Americans are any more special than anyone else in this world. I mentioned 'cheap oil' in the post previous to the one you commented on where Syrian Sister said I had earned her repect.

The 'American way' that I was referring to is the way in which we have been living for the last 60 years. You seem to have some difficulty comprehending my words so I will dissect them for those in the cheap seats ( I am sure most of what I am saying will be taken out of context anyway, but here it goes):

I am saying that if we (the US) were evil and wanted to take the Iraqi resources as our own, we would remove the indigenous people and claim the land as the 51st state. This is what everyone thinks we Americans do, right? Manifest Destiny? I am NOT saying that with our troops there, the Iraqi people will prosper. There is too much hatred in that entire region. Too much bad blood for everyone, not just against the US. That entire region will never see real peace, unless it at the end of a firearm. The middle east has been in a state of perpetual war since anyone can remember or research.

You assume that I REALLY think the US can solve that problem? You are a funny guy, ECK.

Would it have been ok for them (Chinese) to roll over Saddam and co-opt his nation's oil?

How do you know that they are not involved? I wonder if China has anyone there. Hmmmm.

Back to what I was saying... Now this is all hypothetical:

If we were indeed an evil empire, we would just whip out the neutron devices and remove them all (all the people who currently live there), then take the real estate. There would be no fear from other countries who would disapprove, because as an evil empire, they would either be part of it, or they would become targets of the neutron devices as well. If we were evil, it could be done rather quickly. Faster than you could ever imagine. This is why I stated that the world would look a lot different than it does today.

Am I suggesting that we do this? No, I am not. Do I think my country is omnipotent? Nope. The whole world knows that the US has weaponry which is very good at killing people without lingering effects. Funny how an evil empire has weapons like a neutron device, but has never used it to kill anyone. Doesn't sound very evil to me. Darth Vader would definitely not approve.

Most of those who disapprove of the war or our foreign policy say that the US is just evil. I say that is oversimplifying the situation. There are a lot of good people who believe in what we are doing to keep you with plenty of electricity, food, warmth, and connectivity to the Internet to debate this crap ad nauseum. There is always a bigger picture.

Ask yourself, ECK, do you buy things from a chain store or do you buy things that are manufactured in your town?, Do you buy your food from local farmers or from someone who trucks in it from elsewhere? Do you own a car or do you ride your bicycle? Do you heat your house with wood, coal, natural gas or heating oil? Do you live more than 10 miles from where you work? How do you get there? Do you travel to other countries? Do you live in a suburb? Do you have a water well or a cistern?

In other words, how dependent are you in your daily life on the 'system' or infrastructure? If trucks could no longer ship things to your city cheaply, how would you be affected? If you would be greatly affected, then perhaps you are biting the hand that feeds you. Maybe I would even go so far as call you hypocritical.

If you are self-sufficent and are "off the grid", gowing your own food supply and providing your own energy and water and your only sin is paying an ISP to connect to this forum, then, I think you are right on the money and I would even offer to buy you some non-GMO veggies or free-range meat for you and your family.

Saying "BUSH is EVIL!" as you drive your imported SUV ( that gets 16 miles per gallon) eating (trucked in) fast food while you commute to your job (50 miles away) so that you can make more money for your family to buy a bigger house (made from items that are trucked in) and have more stuff (which is imported from other countries) would definitely be hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Why did US president George H.W. Bush encourage those people in Iraq to rise up and then sit idly by while Saddam slaughtered them?

I was sitting in a bar on base, just after coming home from Iraq, shaking my head in disbelief that we did NOTHING to help those people out. WE caused them to do that. THEY believed WE would come to their rescue. WE BETRAYED them and THEY DIED.

Why ? I thought it was balatantly obvious. The same reason that the Coalition never took Baghdad. You see all these Arab countries didn't want the US deposing Saddam Hussein. Simple as that.

That doesn't make sense though does it? Aren't most other leaders in the middle east Muslim or Islamist of some kind? Wasn't Saddam against all that stuff?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

That doesn't make sense though does it? Aren't most other leaders in the middle east Muslim or Islamist of some kind? Wasn't Saddam against all that stuff?

Well firstly he wasn't against it, he portrayed himself as a muslim leader.
Secondly and most obvious is that removing Saddam from power in 1991 would hvae set a precedent in the Mid East for removing other Arab leaders. I hopr that makes sense to you.

I don;t know how old you are, or even if you can remeber the GF in 1991, but it was a battle everyday to keep the Arab countries in the coalition. Anything percieved as even minutely anti-Arab, could have led to the Arab countries leaving.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Not really ones attitude has alot to do with how people take the efforts of others. By your answer It would appear you have a chip on your shoulder that could explain why people did not take you the same way as they do others.

Chip on my shoulder?

You slam MY service b/c you don't like my viewpoint. That's pathetic.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

That is not an answer to my question.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By

Saddam was Sunni, but ran a secular government.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
Saying "BUSH is EVIL!" as you drive your imported SUV ( that gets 16 miles per gallon) eating (trucked in) fast food while you commute to your job (50 miles away) so that you can make more money for your family to buy a bigger house (made from items that are trucked in) and have more stuff (which is imported from other countries) would definitely be hypocritical.

Interesting comments.. nothing remarkable or new, tho.

I don't know anyone matching the above description that calls Bush evil. They tend to blindly support him.

So have you ever served, or would you? Would you want your kid to go fight for BushCo.'s PNAC?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Then I think the answer is political pressure, he saw support of the uprising Iraqis as being worse in the longterm (for who? The US or the Iraqis...) than hanging them out to dry.

If your question goes deeper, like how could he morally make that decision, then I am afraid I don't have that answer for you.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You slam MY service b/c you don't like my viewpoint. That's pathetic.

I never slamed your service, I simply asked you a question. Your lack of answer and the way you made your comments is what I based by opinion on regarding what I perceive to be a chip on your shoulder.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Interesting comments.. nothing remarkable or new, tho.

I never claimed to be remarkable. I only offer what I think of the situation. As does everyone else in this forum.

They tend to blindly support him.

Or blindly oppose him.

So have you ever served, or would you? Would you want your kid to go fight for BushCo.'s PNAC?

If my son believed in it, I would let him go. I would warn him of being a pawn and try to persuade him into being a knight, rook, or bishop, but if he really wanted to go in as 11 Bravo, I would at least make sure he could run and shoot first. I don't think I would have any trouble talking him into something like 96 Bravo, 74 Bravo, or 93 Charlie if his ASVAB scores were high enough.

BTW, I thank you for your service. Why do you ask about mine? Does my service make my opinion more sound?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am really biting my tongue...it IS, afterall, my first post!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yep I answered it in the post a little after. I see you've chosen to ignore it, lol. Suit yourself.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
We the arabs are united by blood and history. We are family, ofcource we are going to allie with each other, inspite of your governments.

Besides i asked you to prove the statement you made " Syria, and many groups are behind the suicide bombing".
[edit on 11-6-2005 by Syrian Sister]

Just like in 67' with Israel. We saw the outcome of that. Terrorists die in humiliation - only fools worship them.

Well documented for you young civilian australian girls. I could give you some photos and video, but you would deny it. Your opinion doesn't matter anyway. You support terrorism and would say anything to justify the Syrians who have been training young boys to blow themselves up since before you were born.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
In fact I just got done watching some close up vid from Baghdad. I always remember the teenage boy cutting down the photo of Sadaam and the thousands cheering, as American tanks roll through the streets.

The majority of Iraqis wanted Sadaam gone. He's gone. The majority of Iraqi's want Syria, the Sauds, and Iranian guerilla's like the syrian sister out of their country. The future for Iraq is bright. They will be a rich nation governed by Iraqi's and all you terrorists, and terrorist supporters like ss, will continue your campaign of terror against Iraqi's even when Americans are gone from the soil - you'll just have new excuses to practice espionage for your polical goals, and you'll still be strapping bomb packs onto young boys to get your dirty work done.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Besides i asked you to prove the statement you made " Syria, and many groups are behind the suicide bombing".
[edit on 11-6-2005 by Syrian Sister]

Maybe they are not Syrians, but Syria is guilty of allowing these idiots through their borders. What type of security do they have to control these borders? Nothing by the sound of it.
This link is quiet informative, but then again, it's bound to be biased because i posted it.(SS opinion of most of my posts)

author.voanews.com...

Just admit it. Your "freedom fighters"are the main cause of death among civilians over the last few months. Check out any news site and you will see that is a fact.

Market places, schools, churches, in fact any street that has a high population walking through it is fair game for your freedom fighting idiots.

Don't go on about the US/ UK forces killing innocents. Your friends are the murderers. You see, they kill their own in the name of God. Now tell me I'm wrong. yeah, of course you will. You cant see past yesterday.
Lets see how many links you can supply to prove that the terrorists don't kill their own. Loads i bet, but they will be from the sort of sites that instigate brain washing among people like you who support them.

Yes, i have looked at most of the links you posted, and can only see anti coalition bull among them.

Question for you then Sister, seeing as though you wished my son dead. Would you be prepared to strap your self up with explosives and walk among your own kind? and kill them all in the name of God or the cause that you seem so proud of supporting?

I suppose i will be waiting for this answer as long as i have been waiting for most of the answers to the questions i have posed to you.

99% of posters here have proved you wrong time and time again. Yet you still continue to believe in the drivel you post.
Absolute laughable. Go for it child, do your best.....

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
The future for Iraq is bright. They will be a rich nation governed by Iraqi's and all you terrorists, and terrorist supporters like ss, will continue your campaign of terror against Iraqi's even when Americans are gone from the soil - you'll just have new excuses to practice espionage for your polical goals, and you'll still be strapping bomb packs onto young boys to get your dirty work done.

You have voted vincere7 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Those who support the terrorists think that they are patriots and freedom fighters. I doubt that those WE consider patriots like George Washington or Thomas Jefferson would have strapped bombs on themselves and blowup innocent women and children.

Not the same game, or even in the same league.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Appreciate the vote xman. Yeah I watched a Kurd vid today. About 50 kurds were rounded up and stood over an embankment, while Sadaam's officers put rounds in the back of their heads. All the skulls have single bullet holes through them - the infants as well. Plenty of evidence. One young kid was face down, still holding his toy ball. I saw the gas bombs as they hit. The farmers just sat there looking at the billowing clouds wondering what the hell was happening. No last kisses for the dead.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We the arabs are united by blood and history. We are family, ofcource we are going to allie with each other, inspite of your governments.

Besides i asked you to prove the statement you made " Syria, and many groups are behind the suicide bombing

Hahahahahah. Only an Arab would think blowing themselves up is a good thing. Hahahahahahaha

Oh yeah, Syrian Sister, what makes you think we want your country? It is the toliet of the world. Do you think it is the hairy, goat smelling, circumsised women?

Is it the oil? We have more oil over here than you do. The only reason we buy it from you guys is because you guys are willing to harvest it, and pollute your enviroment and make your people retarded in the process. Even then, we get more oil in Central America and Mexico than you guys.

Don't you think it has something to do with that we are fed up with all your B.S.? Why should we have to TAKE it? Some Iman preaching in the mosque about the great Satan? Every mother naming their child Osama, a murderer of women and children?

I say we just melt the whole place into the ocean and be done with it.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by RedWhiteandBlood]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join