It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
The fact she was so respected and liked in the area, as well as being married to a local man, when you try and consider locals as the culprits, it seems highly unlikely.

havent u ever thought maybe it was the Jihadists who dont like seeing humanitarians helping the Iraqis? u see them commit martyrdom on UN building and other organizations. she may be respected but she aint impressing the Jihadists.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

The fact she was so respected and liked in the area, as well as being married to a local man, when you try and consider locals as the culprits, it seems highly unlikely.

havent u ever thought maybe it was the Jihadists who dont like seeing humanitarians helping the Iraqis? u seem them commit martyrdom on UN building and other organizations. she may be respected but she aint impressing the Jihadists.

For sure, I agree with you.

I take it you mean foreign insurgants when you talk about Jihadists? I don't believe it could have been an Iraqi group. That sort of carry on is probably as the post topic states, not what Iraqis want.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Shots, michael_vts, ulshadow, xman in black.

After TheShroudOfMephis's revelation, www.sorryeverybody.com.

What do you have to say for yourselfs? Absolutely nothing? left you speechless has it?

How ironic that's shot's writes "frauds will be exposed". And it's ironic how xman in black photo shops a picture himself. It seems to me, your the fraudster here, trying to blacken someones name with sketchy "evidence" that was blatently flaud, you've only succeeded in blackening your own name.

If you want to see a fraud take a look in the mirror. As for the sorryeverybody.com that was debunked by another individual.

As for being speechless hmmmmm that would be you since you have not been around for several days while we have

My guess is you are running out of lies since all of yours have been debunked

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Speaking of "What we Iraqis want", did anyone else see the news article that states that only a small minority of the insurgents are from Iraq. I guess this explains why they don't mind killing Iraqis.

Over 40 Percent of Iraqi Suicide Bombers Are Saudi

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Speaking of "What we Iraqis want", did anyone else see the news article that states that only a small minority of the insurgents are from Iraq. I guess this explains why they don't mind killing Iraqis.

Over 40 Percent of Iraqi Suicide Bombers Are Saudi

Notice how you said of "suicide bombers".

not of the resistance.

The article is meaningless. Since we never even hear the names of these supposed few "suicide bombers" they keep trumping in the media, These sites from "zarqawi" are highly dubious, didn't the last one say he was dead? Or would you have us belive he is in a state of being dead and alive at the same time, like schrodingers cat?

The vast majority of the resistance are iraqies.

note, out of 10 thousand people held in abu gharib, only a few hundred are non iraqi arabs.

www.newz.in...

aol.countrywatch.com...

WASHINGTON, April 15 (UPI)

a senior U.S. military official said Friday in Baghdad.
Still, the vast majority of insurgents are Iraqis.
"We've got, oh, roughly 10,800 -- give or take -- prisoners. I think there are like 357, 358, something like that, third-country nationals, some of whom have been in Iraq for many, many years," the senior official said.

Also note , from an aid worker who has been in iraq since the war began.

Newtopia: The US Corporate media consistently characterizes the Iraqi resistance as "foreign terrorists and former Ba’athist insurgents". In your experience, is this an accurate portrayal? If not, why?

Dahr Jamail: This is propaganda of the worst kind. Most Iraqis refer to the Iraqi Resistance as “patriots.” Which of course most of them are-they are, especially in Fallujah, primarily composed of people who simply are resisting the occupation of their country by a foreign power. They are people who have had family members killed, detained, tortured and humiliated by the illegal occupiers of their shattered country. Calling them “foreign terrorists” and “Ba’athist insurgents” is simply a lie.

Newtopia: Give us a little background on yourself. Where did you grow up, go to school? Where have you lived? What’s been your professional background? What were your main social, political, and cultural influences?

DJ: I was born and raised in Houston, Texas and attended college at Texas A&M University where I majored in Speech Communications. After graduating, I moved to Colorado, then Utah, then Washington State where I worked for awhile on a Masters in English Literature

Are you going to allow your government to demonise the enemy so easily? Common Truth seekers, think!

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

CaptainJailew.
It's a dove, get over it, have a cry about it if you like.
hahhaha "my animal is smarter than yours". LOL

It isn't a dove, I deliberately found pictures of white pigeons on the internet and placed them in a line-up to see if you could even identify a dove in the first place. The fact remains clear that you can not. The thing perched on his shoulder could be a carrier pigeon, a white pigeon, a dove, a tornado or any other species of white homing bird. So the dove's reputation for peace is irrelevent if it isn't even a dove.

Yes, a few dolphins did run away, and im sure more than a few of your white pigeons flew away while they were training them. Half of the dolphins remained to fight the War on Terror did they not? So obviously the US has the support of the animal kingdom in some way or another.

It is ridiculous. Animals are dumb, anyone can train them.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

bikkereddie
Thankyou for quoting me, perhaps i am getting through to you after all.
Or atleast, if not to you, to someone who reads that quote

keep it up, and thanks for the support.

The signature is to show how ludicrous you can be with your verbal diarrhea.
It also shows how you naive you can be to assume that I support you.

Your supporting me by putting up that quote, wether you intend to or not.

Thanks

Captain

So obviously the US has the support of the animal kingdom in some way or another.

I never even disputed it, clap clap for you
. But you don't have the doves of peace.

Comrade, howmuchisthedoggy and deltaboy
If the iraqi resistance don't like to see the humanitarians in iraq, then why did the aid worker helen williams become great friends with the resistance? And others like her, like Dahr jamal, etc. etc. Margrett hassan was a friend of the resistance too, or so Robert fisk the award winning writer has us to belive.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

www.nypost.com
June 1, 2005 -- WASHINGTON — More than 40 percent of the suicide bombers dispatched by terror leader Abu Musab al- Zarqawi to attack Iraqis and U.S. troops hailed from Saudi Arabia, according to a new study. Only 9 percent of the bombers were Iraqis, said the report by the SITE Institute, a counterterror group.

The analysis bolsters the Bush administration's claims that the Iraqi borders are not well policed and fanatical foreign jihadists have been streaming into the country to wreak deadly havoc.

SITE recently discovered a "Martyrs' List" that Zarqawi posted on a Web site to commemorate the fanatics who were recruited as foot soldiers in the group's deadly campaign of car bombings and other attacks to undermine Iraq's transition to

Let's put this into perspective. The New York Post is rightwing, to begin with. Nothing in the linked article is solid, according to more reliable sources, including IRAQIS themselves.

No one can prove ANYTHING about Zarqawi. I've not heard a single Iraqi ever even claim to have seen this ghost of a one-legged warrior.
His supposed current presence in Iraq is a fiction.

Members of the Iraqi resistance, most probably, would not blow themselves up. The experts have really been pondering this.. who is actually behind the "suicide bombings." Rumsfeld's PG02 group? That is a very real possibility.

How can anyone trust anything coming from this administration at this point?
What will it take for people to wake up and see they're being lied to on the grandest of scales? I mean, I HATED Clinton, and his "policies," but I never saw this level of straight up lying and obfuscation even in his administration.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If the iraqi resistance don't like to see the humanitarians in iraq, then why did the aid worker helen williams become great friends with the resistance? And others like her, like Dahr jamal, etc. etc. Margrett hassan was a friend of the resistance too, or so Robert fisk the award winning writer has us to belive.

not all of them have the same view of the humaniarians, since she is an infidel they pretty much can kill her all they want and they did. there are different resistance people with different agendas.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If Bush and his cronies are the ones behind all the bombings and Iraqi resistance, don't they run the risk of losing domestic support for the War on Terror as US casualties escalate?

It seems like they could get away with it to a degree, but at a certain point people will just lose their stomach for this senseless war...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
not all of them have the same view of the humaniarians, since she is an infidel they pretty much can kill her all they want and they did. there are different resistance people with different agendas.

She is an infidel... Deltaboy, you should study the various groups and religions. They are not all the same; and they don't all share the same views. For example, to the Wahabbists (Saudi Arabians) ALL westerners are infidels. Even moderate muslims, to them, should be killed. Iraq is a very diverse country.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
If Bush and his cronies are the ones behind all the bombings and Iraqi resistance, don't they run the risk of losing domestic support for the War on Terror as US casualties escalate?

Not behind all of it.. but a lot of it. Sowing ethnic strife. It is in their interest to do this.. As long as strife continues, BushCo. has a justification to keep troops there. They want our presence there for the longhaul.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
She is an infidel... Deltaboy, you should study the various groups and religions. They are not all the same; and they don't all share the same views. For example, to the Wahabbists (Saudi Arabians) ALL westerners are infidels. Even moderate muslims, to them, should be killed. Iraq is a very diverse country.

An infidel, by definition is a non-believer in any religion. So, technically he is correct, even if your connotation is different.

edit - sorry about that, no reason for the last comment!

[edit on 10-6-2005 by CaptainJailew]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I don't remember saying I thought it was the Iraqi resistance who were responsible. The jury is still out for me on who is responsible.The locals, be they radical jihadists or not, have basic human needs to which the aid workers were providing as best as they could. It is similar to all the alleged Iraqi suicide attacks in that it is counter-productive.

Blowing up your own people? People in desperate situations do desperate things, but becoming a suicide bomber in a country where the IED is becoming a deadly art and an abundance of convientional arms abound, it makes no sense to employ suicide bombers in their tactics!!!! It is stupid and I know the Iraqis are not stupid.

So who is responsible?

Radical Jihadists? The boogeymen rolled out to cover every unexplainable or inexplicible act. What do they gain in destabilizing the situation further. The locals aren't stupid, they know who is at this and they are unlikely to be supportive of the victor who employed these tactics.

The CIA/Mossad/pick your conspiracy theory ghost ops? The favorite candidate of all the anti-war crowd. They are there to stir things up. Give the US forces an excuse to stick around longer so evil Boosh can steal all the oil. As if the US needed an excuse to do anything they wanted. They steamrolled in and they aren't moving out anytime soon. Weighing the public opinion gained from portraying the enemy as savage evil terrorists, against the amount of thinning out being inflicted on a dwindling supply of troops, it is hard to see the logic of scoring these own goals.

So who is responsible for these reprehenisible acts?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So who is responsible for these reprehenisible acts?

See, why would covert-ops have to make it look like a suicide bombing though? If anything there is more honor to be had/gained in everyone's eyes through a suicide bombing than through IEDs, AND IEDs would help spread the idea of a faceless terrorist network instead of forcing them to creates various ties for the suicide bombers and what not.

Also, are these suicide bombings not really suicides or is teh USFG finding Middle-Eastern volunteers to kill themselves for the sake of our propaganda?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

"I don't remember saying I thought it was the Iraqi resistance who were responsible"

I know
it was more of a response to delta boy's comments. but i wanted to point your attention to them too

captain

Not at all , they kill iraqies with these bombings, they gain in both terrorising the iraqi population and in defaming/demonising the resistance in the eyes of the US public.

Also, are these suicide bombings not really suicides or is teh USFG finding Middle-Eastern volunteers to kill themselves for the sake of our propaganda?

I really don't like to make the same comment twice, so i'm just going to point you to a previous post i wrote the rogue.

Page 22.
posted on 4-6-2005 at 10:53 PM Post Number: 1435688 (post id: 1457581)

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
An infidel, by definition is a non-believer in any religion. So, technically he is correct, even if your connotation is different.

As I pointed out tho, to a group like the Wahabbists, even Muslims (of the moderate variety) are infidels.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As I pointed out tho, to a group like the Wahabbists, even Muslims (of the moderate variety) are infidels.

Very true, I was just clarifying the actual definition of the word, but I do accept your interpretation as being correct for all practical matters and common use.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Syrian Sister, did you happen to watch this documentary on SBS last Wednesday? If so, i would like to hear your opinion. If you missed it, i have a copy and would be happy to post it to you (VHS Video).

A P.O. Box will be fine.

Storyline Australia: Iraq, My Country - An Exile's Return to Samawa.

Fourteen years after fleeing Iraq, Melbourne-based filmmaker Hadi Mahood returns to his hometown of Samawa city in southern Iraq. In the tumultuous months between the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime and the installation of a new government, he filmed the daily lives of ordinary people eking out a living. He discovers not only a city struggling to rebuild its infrastructure but a people attempting to overcome the mental sabotage of Saddam's regime as well as the recent war of liberation.

In Iraq, My Country: An Exile's Return To Samawa, Hadi documents the violence and volatility of a city in chaos, a city left in a vacuum of power. The result is a testament to the Iraqi people attempting to survive. The program will screen on SBS Television on Thursday, 9 June at 8.30 pm in the Storyline Australia timeslot.

Summary

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Members of the Iraqi resistance, most probably, would not blow themselves up. The experts have really been pondering this.. who is actually behind the "suicide bombings." Rumsfeld's PG02 group? That is a very real possibility.

Some of the thoughts spewing in this forum are pretty comical.

Syria, and many groups are behind the suicide bombings. Syria has been very proficient at recruiting, training, and carrying out assaults by using "dummies" to blow themselves up. SS is just a propaganda value on this forum to leverage the asssaults she supports.

Syria has been leading the forefront of this for years. They are coming across the border with aid from Iran as well as supplying logistics such as food, money, ordnance, bodies and weaponry. That's why we are working the borders right now - to cut off the supply stream. You won't hear in the news that Iran and Syria is supplying as this would raise edifice for more war. The Sauds have always lead the front in supplying financing for a jihad war.

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join