It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

So what if one peace of bone fragement tells you another peace is from the same person, it doesn't tell you the identity of the owner of the fragement. And it doesn't tell you that the owner of that bone fragement was the bomber.

And to get a refrence from a family member, you would first have to know the identity of the bomber inorder to find the family member in the first place, that defies the whole reason for conducting a DNA test.

Is there anyone out there who can understand this? Or is what i am saying here just echoing to the walls?

Perhaps if you would stand back and think for a minute, then perhaps you would realize how silly you are starting to look with your comments.

It is clear you have forgotten that the US forces as well as Iraqi forces have collected thousands upon thousands of DNA samples, issued ID cards and obtained retinal scans from whole cities. Those samples are now on file and can be used for comparison.

There goes your theory right out the window as usual.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It is clear you have forgotten that the US forces as well as Iraqi forces have collected thousands upon thousands of DNA samples, issued ID cards and obtained retinal scans from whole citie

I know, in fallujah, I'm glad you admit it.

Is this what you call freedom, Id Cards and retina scans? Forcing people to give DNA samples? Sounds more to me, like orwell's hell than freedom by any stretch of the imagination.

But these collections are recent and in fallujah alone, and this is only a recent development, how do you suppose they use blood taken from the dead in these "suicide bombings" and refrence them? are you saying that fallujah's people would ever hurt their own?

What is it, that you are saying here? Are you saying that one of these supposed "suicide bombers" would give you their identity then duely allow you to take a blood sample from them to keep as a refrence? Aren't you among the same people who said those behind the suicide bombings are foreign to iraq? If so, then wouldn't the interaction between soldier and person to take such a blood sample and to give the identy as a refrencef, lead to the discovery that the person is not iraqi?

Let's say 7 people die in a bombing.
Which droplet of blood belongs to the bomber, what if they where all just in the wrong place at the wrong time, what if there was no bomber, and there was only a bomb?

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Is this what you call freedom, Id Cards and retina scans? Forcing people to give DNA samples? Sounds more to me, like orwell's hell than freedom by any stretch of the imagination.

Well unfortunately that is what happens when fanatics such as those you support come along. No one really likes them, but we do have to protect ourselves from you and your fanatics

But these collections are recent and in fallujah alone, and this is only a recent development, how do you suppose they use blood taken from the dead in these "suicide bombings" and refrence them? are you saying that fallujah's people would ever hurt their own?

Of course they would hurt their own, they have done it in the past and I am sure they will do it in the future. That is what fanatics do they kill innocent children and even their own families.

What is it, that you are saying here? Are you saying that one of these supposed "suicide bombers" would give you their identity then duely allow you to take a blood sample from them to keep as a refrence?

No what I am saying that there is a possiblity their DNA may be on file from a previous stop, nothing more.

Let's say 7 people die in a bombing.
Which droplet of blood belongs to the bomber, what if they where all just in the wrong place at the wrong time, what if there was no bomber, and there was only a bomb?

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Syrian Sister]

Nice try at putting your own little spin on things. Forensic science is fantastic, you would be suprised at what it can do. It is proven that they can determine what happened 20 years ago even after animals have carried parts of the victim to their nests or didn't you know that.

And now back to your normal blank/empty channel

[edit on 6/11/2005 by shots]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Members of the Iraqi resistance, most probably, would not blow themselves up. The experts have really been pondering this.. who is actually behind the "suicide bombings." Rumsfeld's PG02 group? That is a very real possibility.

Some of the thoughts spewing in this forum are pretty comical.

Syria, and many groups are behind the suicide bombings. Syria has been very proficient at recruiting, training, and carrying out assaults by using "dummies" to blow themselves up. SS is just a propaganda value on this forum to leverage the asssaults she supports.

I agree with your first statement.

Your second statement shows your complete acceptance of and belief in propaganda 101.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Where as by Xman in blacks own admition, the US soldiers are dying for nothing but oil and profits.

That is interesting how you can conclude that from what I stated before. They are dying to preserve the American way of life. To ensure that their families live in comfortable manner. The profit would be on the Iraqi side considering we will be buying the oil from them. We do not steal it, we buy it. Our troops are there to ensure a stable vendor. We do not care who we buy it from, but it must be made available for consumption. That is our way.

If we wanted to steal it, it would already be ours. We have the weaponry to remove people without affecting the real estate. If we were the monsters that you portray us as, the world would look a lot different than it does today. The Middle East would be part of the Unites States with a stable economy and plenty of tourism where everyone speaks English. The only killings would be from disgruntled workers or serial killers. The indigenous people would have been gone a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i read today of another example of people trying to kill sadaam when he was in power and the consequences of their actions.
22 men tried to shoot at sadaam husseins convoy, 9 killed. sadaam hussein then ordered that the entire town be attacked by his men. 400 civilians dead. america or another powerful country would therefore be neaded not a revolution as people will not be willing to risk the lives of their family.
it seems to me that you support sadaam hussein staying in power, do you support what hitler did aswell? people like yo umake me sick and are the reason for so much fear and violence in the world. you believe the propaganda given to you by the terrorists and are extremely ignorant.
i have muslim friends who laugh at people like you. they say how you stand outside their mosque spreading american hatred and ignore you. they say you are weird and should be locked up. this is the view shared by the majority of muslims. and i agree with what they told me aswell. you have a minority view and everyone hates you. you try and inform us through the internet of your views to get a response cos noone will listen to you in the streets. if yo udared say what you have in the streets you will be lucky if someone does not attack and seriously hurt you. i have heard people saying that people who support terrorits like you should be killed. that is not the view of me but of peaceful people who are sickened by your views.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Herbaliser
america or another powerful country would therefore be neaded not a revolution as people will not be willing to risk the lives of their family.

Or instead we could have backed the first Revolution like we should have, Policed the no fly zone, stopped Saddam from using Helicopters/Gun-ships on the Kurds, like we were meant to and never had the problem in the first place?

Gulf War 1: We were wanted and we should have finished the job then.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
They are dying to preserve the American way of life. To ensure that their families live in comfortable manner.

By this you mean, cheap oil? Is this a special blessing imparted upon us by God for simply being born Americans?

Do you think the Chinese and Indonesians have that same birthright? Would it have been ok for them (Chinese) to roll over Saddam and co-opt his nation's oil?

The profit would be on the Iraqi side considering we will be buying the oil from them.

And yet, after two years of constant bloodshed and chaos, Iraqis have NOT seen any profit from these vast reserves. Where has that gone? (coughHaliburton..) We have not kept faith, in that manner, with the people of Iraq. This must change.

We do not care who we buy it from, but it must be made available for consumption. That is our way.

Are YOU ready and willing to fight and die for that? If you have served, than I applaud that. But if you have not, will you join to help your fellow Americans secure this?

If we wanted to steal it, it would already be ours. We have the weaponry to remove people without affecting the real estate. If we were the monsters that you portray us as, the world would look a lot different than it does today. The Middle East would be part of the Unites States with a stable economy and plenty of tourism where everyone speaks English. The only killings would be from disgruntled workers or serial killers. The indigenous people would have been gone a long time ago.

These comments betray a lack of knowledge of the history of that region. Democracy has NEVER been any part of those peoples' way of life, going back to the beginning of time. They are a tribal people and they speak a very different language (politically) than we do in the West. Do I necessarily like that? Not really. But I don't have to live there and I don't wish to try and dictate to them how they should live.

[edit on 6/12/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Herbaliser
i read today of another example of people trying to kill sadaam when he was in power and the consequences of their actions.
22 men tried to shoot at sadaam husseins convoy, 9 killed. sadaam hussein then ordered that the entire town be attacked by his men. 400 civilians dead. america or another powerful country would therefore be neaded not a revolution as people will not be willing to risk the lives of their family.

What do you think would happen if someone attacked the US president?

You ever heard of WACO or RUBY RIDGE?

Why did US president George H.W. Bush encourage those people in Iraq to rise up and then sit idly by while Saddam slaughtered them?

I was sitting in a bar on base, just after coming home from Iraq, shaking my head in disbelief that we did NOTHING to help those people out. WE caused them to do that. THEY believed WE would come to their rescue. WE BETRAYED them and THEY DIED.

Are we any better? It's no wonder they don't trust us. Why should they? We've only sown chaos in their land.

We should've done right by them, like Odium said, when we truly were in a position to do so. If we had, Iraq would be a strong and stable ally right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Frankly the way I see it if the Iraq people were so happy under Sadam, why such an exodus to the US? I am US and I think we did a job and now we should come home but I certainly do not blame any soldiers for that job. I also am always so puzzled by the middle eastern cultures that move to the US but complain about the country so much. I know this is not a nice thing but my basic response to anyone in the US (regardless of race, sex, religion or ethnic background) is that if you hate the USA so much, LEAVE. I don't like France, so I don't go there. Why come here only to complain?

As for the teenage girl who posted the letter, well, talk to me when you grow up and after you have lost loved ones in military action. As for the woman who wrote the letter, I am sure she is one of many innocent Iraq citizens caught up on a governtment operation (Iraqi govt', not just other world gov'ts) who has been raised to believe that the West is the enemy. I can't blame her for her feelings as many of us in the West have been raised to not like most middle eastern countries. Its life, it happens, it may not always be right but we are human and our beliefs are often formed young and by those around us. It is hard to say if anyone on this planet will ever know the truth behind any story or any event anywhere in the world. There are always two sides to every story and often even more than that.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Exodus? There are many people from every land here in the US. I know several from African and Mid-Eastern descent and they are here b/c they want to be. I don't hear them dissing the USA.

I hear far more rednecks here dissing people from over there; and the funny thing is, they don't know their arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to what they disparage. They think just b/c they see some blowhard on Fox "News" running his mouth, they know what they're talking about.

It's such BU#.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting response but I was not catagorizing the world. The thread started with a letter from a middle eastern women followed by member responses from a teen of middle eastern background, thus, I stayed with the original thought. Rednecks? Hmmm, you from the South?
I live in state that has one of the largest middle eastern populations in the US thus I get the joy of hearing many folks of middle eastern background "dissing" as you said, the US. For anyone that comes from any other country or for that matter, anyone in the US my point was that if you "hate" the country so much, leave. I am not referring to disliking various political parties etc as we are a family and like familys, we fight and argue. I am referring to those folks that have a very vocal and sometimes violent way of clearly stating they hate America. There is quite a difference between dislike and hate.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I totally agree. If you don't like it here, get tf out - with your excellent education you bought here.

Having said that... yes, I am in the South. Grew up here. Ain't no place I'd rather be.

You in Oklahoma or Michigan, by chance?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My my eastcoast kid, you are quite the charmer. I am from Michigan and my education level only goes up to college degree. Does that make me smart? Not really. My opinions on life are my own and I doubt have much of anything to do with my degree. If your response was to ask me to leave this site than I will have to respond.............NO. I believe you can understand that. Now if you would like to have a discussion that relates to the topic of this thread, please, go ahead and I would be happy to join you, otherwise, feel free to PM or u2u (i think they calll it that here) if it makes you feel warm and cozy.

And by the way, just because I live in an area where I hear, read, see a lot of controversy in a certain part of Michigan involving people of middle eastern descent does not mean I have an issue with middle easterners as a whole. Like I said, I really don't care where you are from, just quit your whining already.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
And by the way, just because I live in an area where I hear, read, see a lot of controversy in a certain part of Michigan involving people of middle eastern descent does not mean I have an issue with middle easterners as a whole. Like I said, I really don't care where you are from, just quit your whining already.

Calm down '99. No one is suggesting you leave this sight, and I havn't said anything to you to warrant your last comment. I was merely being friendly. I asked if you were from Michigan b/c its pretty common knowledge that's where most mid-easterners in the US reside.

Everyone's opinions are valued equally here.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No problem. Your first statement with the little fire smiley and education comments led me to think your motives were different. Frankly, I like a spicy debate but of course you won't find me using profanity or getting to nasty in one. But I am sassy.
Nice to meet ya and yes Michigan does seem to host quite a few middle eastern people for some reason. Funny thing is that during each conflict that came up involving the US in the middle east the one town that is heavily populated, Dearborn, remained pretty calm and protests were peacefully orgainized. Even after 911 most around here expect quite a problem on both sides of the fence and although there were a few incidents, all remained pretty civil which I think surprised alot of folks.

Of course, the fraud and money moving into terrorists groups does run rampid so perhaps Michigan is the "banker" for the bad guys thus they just keep quiet as to not draw too much attention...........hmmmmmm, did I just sound like a conspiracy theory person???? Oh my.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I was sitting in a bar on base, just after coming home from Iraq, shaking my head in disbelief that we did NOTHING to help those people out. WE caused them to do that. THEY believed WE would come to their rescue. WE BETRAYED them and THEY DIED.

Are we any better? It's no wonder they don't trust us. Why should they? We've only sown chaos in their land.

I had a nephew return from Iraq last month and he says many Iraqi's thanked his squad for what they did. Did you even try to make a differance?

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
No problem. Your first statement with the little fire smiley and education comments led me to think your motives were different. Frankly, I like a spicy debate but of course you won't find me using profanity or getting to nasty in one. But I am sassy.
Nice to meet ya and yes Michigan does seem to host quite a few middle eastern people for some reason. Funny thing is that during each conflict that came up involving the US in the middle east the one town that is heavily populated, Dearborn, remained pretty calm and protests were peacefully orgainized. Even after 911 most around here expect quite a problem on both sides of the fence and although there were a few incidents, all remained pretty civil which I think surprised alot of folks.

Of course, the fraud and money moving into terrorists groups does run rampid so perhaps Michigan is the "banker" for the bad guys thus they just keep quiet as to not draw too much attention...........hmmmmmm, did I just sound like a conspiracy theory person???? Oh my.

You're gettin there!

My mom lives in Michigan. She said she'd come home when I buy her a beach house in Charleston, SC. Better publish that best seller I bin talkin bout.

btw, aint nuthin wrong w/bein sassy..

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I had a nephew return from Iraq last month and he says many Iraqi's thanked his squad for what they did. Did you even try to make a differance?

That comment is reprehensible.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That comment is reprehensible.

Not really ones attitude has alot to do with how people take the efforts of others. By your answer It would appear you have a chip on your shoulder that could explain why people did not take you the same way as they do others.

[edit on 6/12/2005 by shots]

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join