It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Dead Beats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

They made a declaration.

There was no due process involved. Which is still required by the Constitution.

There was due process. First off the Colorado SC found he met the conditions to remove him. Secondly, various courts have already found that Trump is liable, and can be sued, for damages coming out of January 6th. So yeah, although there has not been a criminal trial, many courts have already been involved to this point.

And now, as we had all expected, regardless of whatever side you're on, SCOTUS will decide and we'll all have to live with their decision. Like it or lump it. Personally I think he's guilty as sin. But I also respect the institution enough to respect whatever decision they hand down.
edit on 16-2-2024 by VoiceofReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Lmao! You think people in Florida can’t vote for who they want to because of what some judge in Colorado says?
That’s not how any of this works.
You can’t save democracy by breaking democracy.
Just stop. Get some help.

link   

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie
If you engage in insurrection, you can be disqualified. Clear as day.

And he hasn't been charged with insurrection nor found guilty of it. Clear as day.

Some education for you. I suggest you read up.

Reuters - FBI Finds No Grand Scheme To Overthrow The Government Jan 6

Business Insider - FBI Says Trump Not Directly Involved In Organizing Capitol Riot

link   

Do you think the Supreme Court should say, to hell with the constitution, this election is more important?

This is the policy Democrats and Rinos are systematically implementing.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

Unsure how that's relevant. Florida never voted to remove him, nor would they, so yes of course people in Florida can vote for him.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

No I don’t see where this will lead. I’m blind to the future. I simply think doing the right thing leads to the best outcome.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Per the 14th Amendment, you only have to show somebody engaged in insurrection.

And that has clearly been shown, when Trump campaigned to “stop the steal” after he lost.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

How so?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I seem to have missed a lot.

Who was the defense lawyer for Trump's insurrection trial?

What was the sentence? How many years in jail did he get?

Is Trump currently on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted fugitive's list? If so, is there a reward for his capture?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Per the 14th Amendment, you only have to show somebody engaged in insurrection.

And no one in the law has charged him nor has he been found guilty of it.
So the 14th Amendment doesn't apply.
Due process. There is a reason for it.
So that people like you can't make willy-nilly decisions based on how you feel about something.

And so just so understand.
This is the definition of DUE PROCESS -

due process
noun

- An established course for judicial proceedings or other governmental activities designed to safeguard the legal rights of the individual.

- A legal concept where a person is ensured all legal rights when deprived of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for a given reason.

- The limits of laws and legal proceedings, so as to ensure a person fairness, justice and liberty.

You didn't read these, did you?
Here they are again. Read them.

Business Insider - FBI Says Trump Not Directly Involved In Organizing Capitol Riot

edit on 2/16/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

See my reply to Flyers Fan, then please reconsider your argument.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

See my reply to yours, then please reconsider YOUR argument.

You are going no where with your premise.
Everyone gets due process.
There has been no charge against Trump.
There has been no trial.
There has been no conviction.
The 14th Amendment doesn't apply.
No matter how you FEEL about it.
DUE PROCESS. Its a protection afforded every American.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Again, filing a claim with the courts that Trump violated the 14th Amendment, is due process.

Again, the 14th Amendment only requires it to be shown Trump engaged in insurrection. That has clearly been shown.

Please reconsider your arguments.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Again, filing a claim with the courts that Trump violated the 14th Amendment, is due process.

And he has not been charged. And he has not been found guilty.
Therefore he is INNOCENT (innocent unless proven guilty) and the 14th Amendment doesn't apply.

Again, the 14th Amendment only requires it to be shown Trump engaged in insurrection. That has clearly been shown.

Again ... no it has not been 'clearly shown'. Your bias is showing.
And it's clear you haven't read what the FBI said.
Posting for the THIRD time. READ IT.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Trump started a campaign to “stop the steal” after he lost the election. The whole world saw this. That is insurrection.

I find it unbelievable you are calling me biased. Are you so enamored by Trump that you cannot see this obvious insurrection attempt?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm not arguing, I'm just asking. I must have missed CNN's coverage of the trial.

I wouldn't want to hire the same law firm that defended Trump on the insurrection charge.

I would be surprised if there is no jail time for a convicted insurrectionist. At the very least, a huge fine with a suspended prison sentence.

And if Trump is a fugitive from justice, I think I might be able to find where he's hiding. I might have to fight through a stadium full of people, but if the money is right ...

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Trump started a campaign to “stop the steal” after he lost the election. The whole world saw this. That is insurrection.

No. It's not.
Nearly every politician who has lost does recounts.
And he has never been charged.
And he has never been convicted.
DUE PROCESS ... it's for EVERYONE and not just those people who you agree with.

I find it unbelievable you are calling me biased.

You are. It's clear. You are refusing to give him due process and you insist that the Supreme Court not uphold the Constitution and that they find immediately against him even though it is clear that they will not because the 14th Amendment doesn't apply.

Are you so enamored by Trump that you cannot see this obvious insurrection attempt?

I am not enamored by Trump. I go Libertarian. I am also OBJECTIVE and can see that the 14th Amendment doesn't apply .. he has not been charged ... he has not been convicted ... and DUE PROCESS is necessary because it protects ALL AMERICANS.

Have you read those two articles about what the FBI said about insurrection yet?
You should.
Then you would stop posting the nonsense about insurrection.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

I find it unbelievable you are calling me biased. Are you so enamored by Trump that you cannot see this obvious insurrection attempt?

I see you're learning quickly about the majority of American members here. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: CataclysmicRockets

1st Trump did not cause an insurrection, get that in your head. Secondly your TDS is strong enough that your calling the Supreme court justices 'dead beats' cause your liberal antics and mindset you might not get what your agenda desires.

It doesn't matter. The Colorado Supreme Court determined that he did. SCOTUS isn't charged with overturning that finding. They're charged with determining whether or not a state can make the determination to disqualify a national candidate.

It's about states' rights, not whether or Trump did it,

They made the declaration.

There was no due process involved, which is still required by the United States Constitution.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I do not need to read your links, because I can see the obvious.

Trump brought dozens of cases before the courts trying to show the counts were off, and it was determined none of his cases had a leg to stand on.

Then he still campaigned to stop the steal.

That is insurrection.

Now the Supreme Court must decide what is more important, the constitution or this election.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join