It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Dead Beats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Is the Supreme Court really allowed to just not make a decision on a case? Can they completely blow off their responsibility? It sure feels like that is exactly what they are doing.

What is the deal with their week long delay in deciding whether Trump can stay on the ballot or not?

It must be they find themselves in a position where neither choice is desirable.

On the one hand, they took an oath to follow the constitution, and therefore must ban Trump from holding office, as a duty of their job.

But if they do follow their laws, there appear to be no serious contenders in the Republican Party to replace Trump on the ballot.

Now I know there are many commenters here who will try to say Trump didn’t engage in insurrection. But unless you can prove the 2020 election was really stolen from him, I will ignore your posts. It is clear in the blind eyes of the law, that Trump lost. Therefore, inciting a riot to “stop the steal” is obviously insurrection.

Do you think it is okay for the Supreme Court to behave like Supreme Dead Beats and refuse to make a decision?

Do you think the Supreme Court should say, to hell with the constitution, this election is more important?

Or do you think the Supreme Court should uphold their oath, and ban Trump from office?

+45 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
1st Trump did not cause an insurrection, get that in your head. Secondly your TDS is strong enough that your calling the Supreme court justices 'dead beats' cause your liberal antics and mindset you might not get what your agenda desires.
edit on 2 16 24 by CataclysmicRockets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

Haaaaaaaaaa. You're new. Youll learn. We'll fix ya.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie
Is the Supreme Court really allowed to just not make a decision on a case? Can they completely blow off their responsibility? It sure feels like that is exactly what they are doing.

What is the deal with their week long delay in deciding whether Trump can stay on the ballot or not?

It must be they find themselves in a position where neither choice is desirable.

On the one hand, they took an oath to follow the constitution, and therefore must ban Trump from holding office, as a duty of their job.

But if they do follow their laws, there appear to be no serious contenders in the Republican Party to replace Trump on the ballot.

Now I know there are many commenters here who will try to say Trump didn’t engage in insurrection. But unless you can prove the 2020 election was really stolen from him, I will ignore your posts. It is clear in the blind eyes of the law, that Trump lost. Therefore, inciting a riot to “stop the steal” is obviously insurrection.

Do you think it is okay for the Supreme Court to behave like Supreme Dead Beats and refuse to make a decision?

Do you think the Supreme Court should say, to hell with the constitution, this election is more important?

Or do you think the Supreme Court should uphold their oath, and ban Trump from office?

I've heard someone say that they think the SC will refer the case back to the lower court but the full court...it's my understanding it was only partial. If that gets upheld, THEN it would come back to the SC. Either way would look like a months long process though.

Obviously I can't PROVE the 2020 election was stolen, but there were certainly many strange occurrences, including the infamous water pipe break in my home state of Georgia. Given the choice of an abrasive non politician vs a brain dead career politician, I'd take the former any day.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: CataclysmicRockets

Haaaaaaaaaa. You're new. Youll learn. We'll fix ya.

Easy there Tonto, I been here since 2007, this is a new account after everyone was locked out here.
And I don't need a fixin'.

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

So by your logic, or lack there of...

You actually believe that the most heavily armed demographic on the planet, showed up to overthrow the government. But some how forgot to bring any of their guns?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CataclysmicRockets

1st Trump did not cause an insurrection, get that in your head. Secondly your TDS is strong enough that your calling the Supreme court justices 'dead beats' cause your liberal antics and mindset you might not get what your agenda desires.

It doesn't matter. The Colorado Supreme Court determined that he did. SCOTUS isn't charged with overturning that finding. They're charged with determining whether or not a state can make the determination to disqualify a national candidate.

It's about states' rights, not whether or Trump did it,

edit on 0620242024k21America/Chicago2024-02-16T11:21:06-06:0011am2024-02-16T11:21:06-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

The CO Supreme Court already made a decision.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If you engage in insurrection, you can be disqualified. Clear as day.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They made a declaration.

There was no due process involved. Which is still required by the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Citing Trump’s violation of the 14th Amendment, and filing that claim with the courts, is due process.

edit on 16-2-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Please show or link to the precedent of a state banning a candidate for a national election due to insurrection.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They made a declaration.
There was no due process involved. Which is still required by the Constitution

Who did? Not SCOTUS.

Justice Kagan did ask Mitchell if he thought due process requirements had not been met, and he answered that he wasn't concerned with due process in this case.

That's all the due process declarations that I'm aware of.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

I've heard someone say that they think the SC will refer the case back to the lower court but the full court...it's my understanding it was only partial. If that gets upheld, THEN it would come back to the SC. Either way would look like a months long process though.

Obviously I can't PROVE the 2020 election was stolen, but there were certainly many strange occurrences, including the infamous water pipe break in my home state of Georgia. Given the choice of an abrasive non politician vs a brain dead career politician, I'd take the former any day.

I think you're confusing this case with Trump's "absolute immunity" claim case.

The OP is talking about Trump ballot disqualification case that the Colorado Supreme Court already ruled on.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Maybe the decision, is that there's no decision to make. State judiciary should do their jobs since they swore an oath to the same constitution and can enforce laws in their jurisdiction, which supreme court cannot do.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: peter_kandra

The CO Supreme Court already made a decision.

My mistake...maybe I was thinking of another case. You do see where this will lead though right...especially in red states deciding that Biden isn't upholding his duties of the office and looking to remove him from the ballot. If not Biden, then a future D in office.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

First, your analysis of the events and findings so far is so wrong it hurts mine head.

Second, courts aren't running full speed every day of the week so things take time.

Third, this isn't the only case in front of them.

Fourth, I'm really looking forward to date night tonight, and can't decide what shirt I'm going to wear.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Looking like Wednesday may be the day. SCOTUS just put out a release saying that next Wednesday might be a day opinions are released.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

The SCOTUS will make a decision before the Colorado election takes place, which will be pretty quick for them. And they will do it according to CONSTITUTION .. not your anti-Trump bias .. which came shining forth when you falsely accused him of insurrection.

And no, I'm not a Trump fan.
I"m stating that as a person registered 'no party'.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Only people that Americans can be mad at for the candidates is the parties.

The right couldn’t come up with a viable alternative, and the left doubled down with Biden.

If Trump gets a second term it’s because people didn’t offer an alternative.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join