It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Dead Beats

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What exactly do you think due process is?

I've answered this for you before. Due process is the legal process put in place for any given set of legal circumstances. Arbitration is a kind of due process. The burden of proof is different for different circumstances. The burden of proof in family court is going to be different than the burden of proof in divorce court, and different in civil court than in criminal court.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Who previously owned Trumps rights??

Trump never had a right to the office of the President of the United States. Trump previously enjoyed the privilege of holding that office.

Thus eliminating your appeal to authority of the ME and CO rulings.

What authority? The States are prostrate before the Supreme Court.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Due process is the legal process put in place for any given set of legal circumstances.

Right on.

What is the legal process for charging someone with insurrection?

Perhaps that's too much of a loaded question.

What is the legal process used in the Colorado civil case? Was it for insurrection?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Trump never had a right to the office of the President of the United States. Trump previously enjoyed the privilege of holding that office.

Yet, as I explained to you before, the word "right" is contained within the definition of privilege. I told you that I was trying to give you latitude by adopting my overly generous term of liberty.

What authority? The States are prostrate before the Supreme Court.

Obviously. Well, not so much these days. Weed, immigration are a few examples.

Point being, will you adopt the SCOUTUS ruling as the correct one when it turns out not in your favor?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

C'mon, you want this as much as I do! I know you want to see SCOTUS rule in favor of Colorado and Maine, and then see all the Red States kick Joe Biden off the ballot.

It would be a groin kick to the Uniparty! It would be the people standing up once and for all and screaming, "Hell No to Both of Yous!" It's the only way to get control over the tone deaf, outdated, corrupt 2 party system. And, it's cheaper than a Civil War!

You know I'm right!

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You would only be right if there was a viable replacement

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: NorthOS

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: WingDingLuey

They didn't prove Trump committed insurrection

Technicalities. They proved he incited an insurrection. Trump Impeached for Inciting Insurrection - The New York Times

The way that I understand it is that being impeached is like being accused.

That is not correct. Allegation and discovery are prior to, and bring evidence to, an impeachment where that evidence is evaluated.

Then there’s a trial…

Donald Trump acquitted in second impeachment trial

www.theguardian.com...

In this instance, the second impeachment was for a different misdemeanour.

Trump has twice been found guilty, each time for different things. He has, in the eyes of the law, committed two crimes.

After each impeachment, the case is taken to the Senate to determine the sentence. They don't acquit, but they can rule against applying a sentence.

As far as I know, there is no precedent or statute in law that would allow for appeal against an impeachment. It is final.

Care to share a source on that?

Filing charges against the executive

Impeachment means simply that the president was accused by the House. The House files charges, that’s all impeachment is. Once the president is impeached by the House majority, the Senate must hold the removal trial, and two-thirds of the senators are needed to find him guilty.

historydr.com...

edit on 21-2-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Got It . Sorry , I am having a Bad Hair Day .

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join