It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 - A War to End Regional Disputes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What if the entire Russian Ukrainian war, was to increase experience of its military, starting to get them into being battle hardened soldiers with real experience to fight against the west, and to gain real time intelligence on the weapons and weapon system of the west, to either counter or to surpass the west with weapons and systems that the West has no counter for?

Weapons development has always been a dance and requiring 3 things: Money, someone to make and a need to have such made. Russia has the money, it has the people who are intelligent enough to make such, and this invasion of Ukraine, was to get information to justify the need for the Russian government to push the agenda to come up with something to counter act what the west has or surpass it.

China seems to be doing the same thing, though a bit more subtle. It makes moves against say Taiwan. Taiwan counters shows a bit of military hardware, and then China gets a few specs on it, pictures and intelligence to work off of and then start working on a counter. While it may not know what all such can do, by say getting information from Russia that has real hard line information there, can now start to work on such information and towards countering such information. Moving towards Australia, gives it a bigger picture on what all to expect and where all it can focus resources towards.

So then what?

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
A question in my mind is… how does North Korea fit into all of this?

We hear about them, they’re aligned with Russia/China…

Maybe if China goes after Taiwan, DPRK goes south?

I think the strategy is to spread NATO and the US thin. We’ll see if it works.

Been thinking the exact same thing about using up Europe's and the USA's resources! I mean they loan from us (we give to them), use up all of it and then they have their personnel already in our Countries waiting to attack when we got hardly any resources left as can't build as quickly as loaning/giving out. I'm sure there's plenty in Europe just waiting for orders!

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I heard a wild theory regarding the Iron Dome set to not interfere with Israel's own weaponry when fired. It can distinguish between an Israeli (American) manufactured rocket and an enemy made one. Stopping the latter and letting the former pass through. Obviously to hamper your own defensive weapons would make no sense.

Its just a crazy theory though.

Luckily the biden regime didn't leave billions of dollars of high tech US made weapons for the islamic army in Afghanistan that could (will) be used against the West.

Of course to conclude that this mind boggling incompetence was done on purpose would be crazy.
crazy right....?

a reply to: Ullinson

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've heard that one reason the Russian army is doing so poorly in Ukraine, is that Putin is keeping his best troops East, on the China border.

China is building dams that restrict the water flowing into India.

Turkey has dams restricting the flow of the Euphrates, into Iraq. there might be more water conflicts I'm not aware of.

Cuba and Venezuela are Marxist outposts in Latin America that would like to expand their influence.

our media doesn't try very hard to make us aware of global news. Reuters has a lot of info that no one else has.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There's that island that I think Denmark and Iceland have a dispute over, they leave bottles of Aquavit or something for each other when they replace the flag with their own.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
Looks like Serbia might go for Kosovo.

www.cnbc.com...

See, this is why I started this thread.

It’s issues like this that don’t get much airtime.

Maybe the question also is… where does NATO spread itself out to first?

My suspicion is the Asia-Pacific theatre. But, that could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I've heard that one reason the Russian army is doing so poorly in Ukraine, is that Putin is keeping his best troops East, on the China border.

China is building dams that restrict the water flowing into India.

Turkey has dams restricting the flow of the Euphrates, into Iraq. there might be more water conflicts I'm not aware of.

Cuba and Venezuela are Marxist outposts in Latin America that would like to expand their influence.

our media doesn't try very hard to make us aware of global news. Reuters has a lot of info that no one else has.

Man there’s a cluster cuss to consider.

Turkey and Iraq get into it. Article 5 comes in.

Iraq round 3? After countless billions of US investment in that country? Woof.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
I heard a wild theory regarding the Iron Dome set to not interfere with Israel's own weaponry when fired. It can distinguish between an Israeli (American) manufactured rocket and an enemy made one. Stopping the latter and letting the former pass through. Obviously to hamper your own defensive weapons would make no sense.

Its just a crazy theory though.

Luckily the biden regime didn't leave billions of dollars of high tech US made weapons for the islamic army in Afghanistan that could (will) be used against the West.

Of course to conclude that this mind boggling incompetence was done on purpose would be crazy.
crazy right....?

a reply to: Ullinson

It may be the “billions in equipment” is a honey trap.

Make them think they’re now armed to the teeth and have a chance, then when they use it, decimate them.

I could see that legitimately being the strategy. Not saying it is, but, I see it as possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

all world wars started as regional conflicts or a 'world at war'
It's only a world war if you got teams arising which are openly at war. Like the West vs the East.
That is the next logical conflict, because our world since tribal times has only increased in global interconnectedness.
Might be that there is a step in between we are seeing catalysed by those regional conflicts: people need to show their flag, right?
So the team identity is open and then...
God help us all

edit on 8-10-2023 by Peeple because: words are hard

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think the USA should invade Madagascar, just to confuse the rest of the world

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavrac

#'n LOL

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I think you're onto something huge, this is entirely plausible.

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
China seems to be doing the same thing, though a bit more subtle. It makes moves against say Taiwan. Taiwan counters shows a bit of military hardware, and then China gets a few specs on it, pictures and intelligence to work off of and then start working on a counter.
Somebody recently shared this dream with me: "In my dream I saw China invading Taiwan, I got the sense that they invaded Taiwan for multiple reasons, but mainly that they wanted access to the semi/superconductors that Taiwan managed to make, because it would allow them to improve some secret military tech that they were working on."

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavrac
I think the USA should invade Madagascar, just to confuse the rest of the world

😂😂😂

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I think you're onto something huge, this is entirely plausible.

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
China seems to be doing the same thing, though a bit more subtle. It makes moves against say Taiwan. Taiwan counters shows a bit of military hardware, and then China gets a few specs on it, pictures and intelligence to work off of and then start working on a counter.
Somebody recently shared this dream with me: "In my dream I saw China invading Taiwan, I got the sense that they invaded Taiwan for multiple reasons, but mainly that they wanted access to the semi/superconductors that Taiwan managed to make, because it would allow them to improve some secret military tech that they were working on."

I buy that chipsets are the driving factor from a functional standpoint - though it’s also optics too IMO. Can’t show weakness given the “One China” doctrine.

With all of these munitions flying all over the world now - and some advanced munitions at that - I imagine chipsets will become more in demand and valuable.

That’s before you get to the hundreds of F35s ordered (flying computers), advanced rocket systems, advanced tank platforms, etc.

The future is bright for the chipmakers I think.

And yes, China would love to get their hands on Taiwan Semi. This is also why Buffet dropped his massive stake - official rationale being too high of geopolitical risk.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: VulcanWerks

all world wars started as regional conflicts or a 'world at war'
It's only a world war if you got teams arising which are openly at war. Like the West vs the East.
That is the next logical conflict, because our world since tribal times has only increased in global interconnectedness.
Might be that there is a step in between we are seeing catalysed by those regional conflicts: people need to show their flag, right?
So the team identity is open and then...
God help us all

Fair points!

You’re right about the genesis of these conflicts.

But, I think it will take a while to get to “East vs. West”.

I still contend that battle will be waged in the Arctic, when it comes.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There's also the possible long game. China stepping in to broker a peace agreement between Israel and Hamas. Then offering to do the same between Russia and Ukraine. I'm sure I read recently that they had arranged a settlement between Saudi Arabia and Iran, but nobody has picked up on that.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There's also the possible long game. China stepping in to broker a peace agreement between Israel and Hamas. Then offering to do the same between Russia and Ukraine. I'm sure I read recently that they had arranged a settlement between Saudi Arabia and Iran, but nobody has picked up on that.

I always appreciate a reference and commentary built around the long-game.

Great call out with the China/Saudi/Iran angle.

If you’re China, harming US relations in the Middle East while trying to aggressively move from fossil fuels to other energy sources for your entire economy is 100% long game stuff.

In fact, the draining of the SPR coupled with destabilization in the Middle East has “oil shock” written all over it - all at a time our current administration completely screwed us by draining the SPR. States like WA have implemented policy that makes gas even more expensive.

Oil shocks have serious consequences - consequences that would impact China far less if they were on excellent terms with oil producing nations…

If we don’t see a massive pivot away from this green energy plan then we have a material chance of seeing serious issues here in the US and in NATO countries.

Maybe that was the plan all along? I doubt it.

If you’re right, Biden’s crew got outfoxed, because their plans were so obvious and aggressive they became weaknesses to be exploited.

I appreciate your contribution - love some strategic thinking.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
TY for your knowledge, Great Leader!

a reply to: FlyingFox

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bounder
If you're bringing Iceland into it, I believe the Cod War is still unresolved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join