It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics firm cancels Alice Copper for not having the correct views

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   

And this is important to you because...?

Its not to me, but obviously so to them as they dedicated a large portion of their web presence to the labels and badges.
You know, like the westborough church people do.
They too cancel people who disagree with them.
How tolerant, right?

Why does the mere existence of these people offend you so?

Why did you make that bull crap up?

They're not 'coming for your children', like your rabble-rousing con-artist heroes tell you. They're selling face goop. They're just trying to make their goop appeal to a certain consumer segment: LGBT-friendly, vegan, woke, whatever. Prople like themselves. They don't care about you or your precious children.

Wow
Could you get more off topic?
Whats your fascination with kids?

So easily gulled. Trump and his fellow conmen are making you do the Chicken Little every day while they roll you for your money and tell you it's Biden's fault you're broke. What a sorry sort of life to be leading, man. Maybe it's time you woke up a bit.

Can you point on the doll where president trump hurt you?

Holy off topic bull crap
edit on 28/8/2023 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Talk about proving my point for me. If that post isn't a cry for help I don't know what is.

To return to the topic, then: why do two women with a Wix blog for a promotional website excite the right so?

I ask you because you are clearly one of the excited ones.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Talk about proving my point for me. If that post isn't a cry for help I don't know what is.

Classic
Insult the poster when you can’t discuss the thread topic.

To return to the topic

Which proves you know what you were posting and intended to insult me.

Good day

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

When its so important to you that you have to tell everyone, its woke bull crap.

And this is important to you because...?

America is supposed to be about all kinds of different people getting on together. Why does the mere existence of these people offend you so?

They're not 'coming for your children', like your rabble-rousing con-artist heroes tell you. They're selling face goop. They're just trying to make their goop appeal to a certain consumer segment: LGBT-friendly, vegan, woke, whatever. Prople like themselves. They don't care about you or your precious children.

Some far-right demagogue takes their advertising schtick, blows it up into THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!! and shoves it in your face, and the whole lot of you wag your tails on cue like Pavlov's bloody dogs.

So easily gulled. Trump and his fellow conmen are making you do the Chicken Little every day while they roll you for your money and tell you it's Biden's fault you're broke. What a sorry sort of life to be leading, man. Maybe it's time you woke up a bit.

most relevant post i've seen on this sorry excuse for a board in YEARS. every single supposedly open mind here needs to read this and read it again and understand it. The unquestioned and wholehearted gullibility with which all these galaxy brains has leaped facefirst into the grift was truly eye opening.

Nothing to say about Cooper. He made his buck off gender subversion a hundred and forty years ago and wants to pull up the ladder behind him. Irrelevant, desperate, interesting only in the way it's feeding The Grift.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The cosmetics brand Vampyre Cosmetics

Who ?

More fool them , I think they need him more than he needs them but if they want to cut off their own nose good luck to them.

Particularly liking Alice's latest , 'I'm Alice' .

Legends live for ever , makeup brands come and go.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: quintessentone

He signed a deal with a tiny, LGBTQ-run, vegan, 'anti-beauty' cosmetics firm without reading the fine print?

ABOUT US: Vampyre Cosmetics

Something is wrong with the dude, he's making bad moves and wrong decisions.

Ah, wait, this explains it:

Alice Cooper's is 75. His last record to crack the Billboard Hot 100 was released in 1973

I expect the right-wing hysterics getting their moral knickers in a twist over this are about the same age as Alice, and about as agile mentally as he is...

It's clearly a woke company trying to push LGBTQ+ propaganda.

Did he not know that when he signed the contract? Too much or not enough coc aine that day?

He's been sober for around 40 years, all the drug stuff ended in the 80's. As to why anyone signs endorsement deals..pretty simple..$$$$

Hey you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. And the timing of this vampire tour and the need for free publicity seems coincidental.

I have no reason to doubt him, but you do you. Anyway, many rock stars are still doing the odd tour even in their 60-70s.

Something is wrong with the guy, making bad decisions.

Show me this miraculous person who never made a bad decision, we all make them. Bad decision are mostly found to be so in hindsight.

As far as what gamers think?..lol

The reviews for their tour are not good, more evidence for a desperate need for free publicity, perhaps.

Proof ?
Or it didn't happen .

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

neurodiverse

Is that some form of psychosis ?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
LMAO.

Geez. Know anything about the guy? Like how intelligent he really is? He has plenty of money, very diversified as well.

Hell, maybe he was just trying to help out a small business? Doesn't mean he can't still have an opinion about the current absurdity going on.

He is also a dad, so another reason to have an opinion.

And he is right.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LMAO.

Geez. Know anything about the guy? Like how intelligent he really is? He has plenty of money, very diversified as well.

Hell, maybe he was just trying to help out a small business? Doesn't mean he can't still have an opinion about the current absurdity going on.

He is also a dad, so another reason to have an opinion.

And he is right.

He is a Christian Republican who is generalizing on medical care for transkids using his own children/grandchildren as his guide. The best people to make these medical decisions for transkids are the parents and medical professionals not random rock stars on an ego trip.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It amazes me how the liberal left will throw their heroes under the bus when they speak their minds and it doesn't conform to their current trendy fads or political point of view. Alice started out wearing women's clothes on stage, he was considered a cross-dresser back then. His stage persona evolved into his Renfield-styled character after he gained popularity with the old horror movie-themed performances.

Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll was the motto of the liberal lefts back then along with other social movements that Alice Cooper championed with his performances and stage appearance. He spearheaded the glam-rock and punk rock movements and created the Gothic and Emo look and lifestyle.

Look at the facts, he dressed like a woman and called himself Alice, how much more could the liberal left ask for esp. back in those early years? I think it's because Alice is a professed Christian now, something no one really talks about in the media regarding this icon of alternative lifestyles.
edit on 28-8-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Why would this company get so butthurt over the fact that this dumb stuff is a fad?

Remember earrings on guys pissed the older generation of but cerium idiots saw it as a way to get attention, albeit negative attention?

New nonsense, different day. Yeah yeah, young untalented kid born on the ugly side, you’re totally unique… no one has ever done THAT before! Wow

The fad is dying out in place of something more rebellious now. Maybe in ten years kids will be amputating their legs. “But mom, I was meant to be born without legs! You’re so anti-amputee, just like hitler!”

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The reviews for their tour are not good, more evidence for a desperate need for free publicity, perhaps.

Seen him live twice, very good both times.
His early stuff is excellent, great showman.

I doubt he needs 'free publicity' his reputation built up over 50 years in the music industry guarantees that....unlike I suspect the owners of this previously unheard of, irrelevant, cosmetics company who appear to be generating relatively huge publicity from pandering to the woke agenda.

Maybe me being cynical but was that their intention all along?
Lets be honest here, his opinions are very much out there in the public domain and it wouldn't take anything more than a cursory Google search to find them out.
Wouldn't a company like this do their due diligence before signing any sort of contact?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
While we are on fads, end the blue and pink hair color stuff now. So trashy and at this point, it’s the most hive mind dorky thing one could do

On to the next dorky thing. Hey how about bring back wigwams! And then like, an “influencer” can make th em catch on and before you know, every girl with a social media account is into this totally unique fad! Lol

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Seen him live twice, very good both times.
His early stuff is excellent, great showman.

I doubt he needs 'free publicity' his reputation built up over 50 years in the music industry guarantees that....unlike I suspect the owners of this previously unheard of, irrelevant, cosmetics company who appear to be generating relatively huge publicity from pandering to the woke agenda.

Maybe me being cynical but was that their intention all along?
Lets be honest here, his opinions are very much out there in the public domain and it wouldn't take anything more than a cursory Google search to find them out.
Wouldn't a company like this do their due diligence before signing any sort of contact?

I think they may not need free publicity per se but because now that Depp is out I think they need sensationalized publicity because the tour is starting to look like a trainwreck.

However on second thought, now that I've discovered he is a Christian Republican that explains it all.
edit on q00000013831America/Chicago0101America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

There’s a good chance Alice Cooper never even knew this deal existed. Celebrities managers always try to latch their clients brand onto promising endevours. Hopefully they dropped this dorky company faster than a hot potato

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would like to assert that the whole cross dressing, chop off your genitals fad, was one of the first heavily promoted AI fads

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The man has a right to his opinion. He has seen the information on this subject and formed an educated and rational opinion on it. It's his right. And BTW, his opinion is dead on accurate.

The woke ninnies at the company have a right to hire and fire whoever they want. They are hypocrites and typical intolerant 'woke' idiots ... but they have every right to behave that way if they want.

ETA to say that Alice Cooper did this for publicity is absurd. Everyone knows who Alice Cooper is. Talented nice guy who does a lot of charity work now.
edit on 8/28/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy

There’s a good chance Alice Cooper never even knew this deal existed. Celebrities managers always try to latch their clients brand onto promising endevours. Hopefully they dropped this dorky company faster than a hot potato

The company dropped him not the other way round.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

“I’m understanding that there are cases of transgender, but I’m afraid that it’s also a fad, and I’m afraid there’s a lot of people claiming to be this just because they want to be that,”

Interesting; my 12 year old daughter, who knows really nothing about the political anguish over this topic, told me the exact same thing not to long ago.

To be clear we live in one of the more liberal areas of the country; and my daughter just got back from a two week vacation visiting with her aunt in San Francisco where dinner parties with members from the LGBTQ community (good friends of her aunt) were one of the highlights of the trip.

Out of the mouth of babes I guess.

edit on 28-8-2023 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I bet it was quite mutual. I’m sure the make up company wants that “we were almost victimized” angle to try and sell more product though. Coopers management was probably just as quick to drop them

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join