It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics firm cancels Alice Copper for not having the correct views

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Wait whut? Alice Cooper is the ORIGINAL goth. I was in high school when '18' came out, that and 'Schools out' were my anthems.

He was the spookiest, grooviest, darkest thing going. Remember, this was smack dab in the middle of 'hippie'. Next came Black Sabbath.

I guess you don't call Ozzie goth either?

edit on 8/28/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Astyanax
Why would he do that if he didn't need money?

You people are so clueless...

He knew this would happen... he did it on purpose... he was trolling them...

No more mister nice guy…..
No more mister clean…

No more mister rational.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

No, they aren't Goth.

Goth is post-Punk Siouxsie, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, early Cult etc.

Alice Cooper - the band - was Rock with an added bit of theatre; Glam Rock.
Black Sabbath were Heavy Rock/Metal.

I don't dispute they influenced Goth - pretty much the same as MC5, The Stooges etc influenced Punk - but definitely not Goth.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
characterized by or holding false beliefs or judgments about external reality that are held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, typically as a symptom of a mental condition

re·al·i·ty
/rēˈalədē/
See definitions in:
All
Broadcasting
Philosophy
noun
the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Wow the dictionary is fun, you guys should try it

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: nugget1

There are now mutual funds based on social scores. These social scores are what are motivating it. As this kinds of marxism creeps into our corporations, they become less profit driven.

Ok by me, I'd avoid those mutuals like the plague. Any investment made where profit isn't the top priority is a bad investment.

I used to boycott products thinking it made a difference until I followed them to the top and who the main shareholder/parent companies were. The ones controlling all these littler companies are Blackrock, Vanguard and State Street Corp. Between the three, they are the major shareholders who direct and control all the manufacturing companies, along with controlling interest in media.

Their shared interests keep them from being a monopoly while they work in unison to direct every facet of our lives, and that translates to gov. policy control.

Meeting calendars and phone logs have revealed almost 400 conversations between BlackRock executives and senior officials in the White House, Treasury and Federal Reserve since the financial crisis. Among other benefits, and despite its massive portfolio, BlackRock has avoided the same type of regulation put in place for other large financial institutions.

The belief that our political system still works for and represents the citizens of the USA is no longer reality; politicians work for corporations now, who direct the course of our lives through vast sums of money spent on political campaigns to ensure the 'right' candidate wins, and lobbying to ensure the 'right' policies are passed.

[gvwire.com...]

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I remember when Rock was a single genre, then maybe 5, now it's all sliced and diced.

Used to have these arguments with my daughter, who plays a bunch of different instruments. She knows more about music 70-present than anyone I've ever met. Nina Hagan is her idol, and we got to see her perform at a private party one New Years Eve in LA. She cut her teeth on Siouxsie. I took her to Ozzfest the year that Iron Maiden played and Sharon cut his amps. Rock history.

To me, if its got a good beat and I can dance or # to it, it's rock and roll.

If it makes me meditative and emotional, its alternative.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Alice Cooper did what every sane person would have done. He delivered another blow to the trans ideology.

There are no trans kids and there is no transgenderism. People who think they are the opposite sex are delusional and need counselling and psychotherapy.

'Gender affirming care' is a fom of serious child abuse and whoever engages in these procedures should go to jail.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Alice Cooper did what every sane person would have done. He delivered another blow to the trans ideology.

There are no trans kids and there is no transgenderism. People who think they are the opposite sex are delusional and need counselling and psychotherapy.

'Gender affirming care' is a fom of serious child abuse and whoever engages in these procedures should go to jail.

He's senile and ego driven and has absolutely no clue what he's talking about when it comes to transkids healthcare and their realities. He should only open his mouth to do his screaming on stage.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's your opinion - and you have every right to voice it.
Cooper disagrees and he has every right to voice his.

Again; who made YOU the arbiter of who can express their opinion and when?

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids.

You mean like prescribing them cancer causing infertility hormones or cutting off their penis or breasts?
I'm with Alice Cooper and the rest of the sane adults on this one.

The hormones used appropriately do not cause damage and surgeries are not permitted for kids under 18 years old. C'mon get with the facts.

If you side with Cooper you side with generalizations and transmisia.

These are bogus unsubstantiated claims and pure trans propaganda. Children don't need hormones and 'blockers' or butchering of their genitalia and other body parts so to affirm the delusions of some adults and trans activists.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's your opinion - and you have every right to voice it.
Cooper disagrees and he has every right to voice his.

Again; who made YOU the arbiter of who can express their opinion and when?

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids.

You mean like prescribing them cancer causing infertility hormones or cutting off their penis or breasts?
I'm with Alice Cooper and the rest of the sane adults on this one.

The hormones used appropriately do not cause damage and surgeries are not permitted for kids under 18 years old. C'mon get with the facts.

If you side with Cooper you side with generalizations and transmisia.

These are bogus unsubstantiated claims and pure trans propaganda. Children don't need hormones and 'blockers' or butchering of their genitalia and other body parts so to affirm the delusions of some adults and trans activists.

It's not for Cooper, you or anyone else to make those determinations, so leave these kids alone and let the medical professionals make the calls.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Good explanation for why the goth fad never died.

The conglomerate that owns us won't let it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What shall we do when greedy, or mentally ill medical 'professionals' aren't leaving the children alone?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Of course there's a lot of crossover in music.
I have a very eclectic taste in music, but Punk will always be my passion.

The first time I saw Alice Cooper I also saw The Damned, The Cult and believe it or not Meal Loaf all in little over a week.
All are unique and all were very, very good.

I'm not really a 'Rock' fan but I do like the occasional song.

I'm a bit of a heretic in many people's eyes; I think Led Zeppelin were awful and Van Halen must be about the worst band I've ever seen live, they were absolutely terrible.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

He's senile and ego driven and has absolutely no clue what he's talking about when it comes to transkids healthcare and their realities. He should only open his mouth to do his screaming on stage.

He has every right in the world to express his rather informed opinion. On the other hand you provide bogus unsubstantiated claims that have no basis in reality and you accuse him. That's the greatest irony.

He is right and we can all see this apart from gender ideologues and trans activists.

It's pointless to argue in favour of 'gender affirming care'. You try to recycle a range of arguments that have been refuted again and again.
edit on 28-8-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Ive suspected for a long time that munchousen or some related syndrome is involved. (sorry, cannot spell that enough for my spell check to even figure out!)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

When it comes to transkids wellbeing and healthcare, yes, leave it to those who know the child and the medical professionals expertise.

Quite agree. So long as the medical professional is not bat# themselves though...

youtube.com...

Otherwise you end up with bat# affirmation and that results in...

twitter.com...

Transmisia? Another silly made up term that belongs in the trash, alongside 'CIS'.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
doublepost
edit on 28-8-2023 by baggy7981 because: double

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

After being a big music fan since Elvis, and I thought my daddy looked like him at 4, I have settled in on the following Pandora stations:

Rascals
Animals
Pink Floyd (I saw twice, LA Olympic Colosseum and the Rose Bowl.... big big sound,, 80k people) Religious experience status
Santana
Gorillaz
Japanese Breakfast
Lacuna Coil
Steven Stills
Marshall Tucker
Everly Brothers
Aretha
Bauhaus
Joy Division
Reverend Horton Heat

This least takes me everywhere pretty much
All over the place.... as you can surely see

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Alice Cooper is not senile. As to ego driven, maybe yes and maybe no. He knows as much about TRANS as anyone else and has a right to voice his opinion on the subject no matter how much you don't like that he's a straight white republican male voicing it. Oh that 'woke' tolerance sure is showing again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join