It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics firm cancels Alice Copper for not having the correct views

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I think they need sensationalized publicity because the tour is starting to look like a trainwreck.

Please explain , your comment seems out of step with critic reviews.

Alice Cooper is 'Real Live Certified' and is in the top 10% of all live performers. Based on 248 concert reviews, the critic consensus is that Alice Cooper is rated as an excellent live performer. Alice Cooper concert reviews describe live shows and performances as unforgettable, energetic, entertaining, chaotic, theatrical, varied, and amazing.
www.liverate.com...

His voice may not be as strong as it was which is understandable given his age but his showmanship is still second to none.

During an eventful trip to Memphis – a city with a uniquely rich musical and cultural history – Paul Nolan takes in a barnstorming show by shock-rock maestro Alice Cooper. Demonic babies, rampaging monsters, gore and beheadings are all on the agenda, in a macabre extravaganza most definitely not for the faint-of-heart.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Look up his recent Hollywood Vampires tour reviews, that is the context of the post you have latched on to.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Nothing to say about Cooper. He made his buck off gender subversion a hundred and forty years ago and wants to pull up the ladder behind him. Irrelevant, desperate, interesting only in the way it's feeding The Grift.

I wouldn't say interesting, I'd say sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Haven't "latched on to" anything just asking on what you based your comment on , Hollywood Vampires are a band Alice sings for they are not the Alice Cooper show.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Haven't "latched on to" anything just asking on what you based your comment on , Hollywood Vampires are a band Alice sings for they are not the Alice Cooper show.

The existing tour he and three others are doing right now, where Depp passed out in a Budapest hotel and now he's out of the tour, the trainwreck tour.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The existing tour he and three others are doing right now, where Depp passed out in a Budapest hotel and now he's out of the tour, the trainwreck tour.

So nothing to do with Alice Cooper then.

Alice is currently doing his own tour and , I think , should be judged on that not on what Johnny Depp does.
edit on 28-8-2023 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I think they may not need free publicity per se but because now that Depp is out I think they need sensationalized publicity because the tour is starting to look like a trainwreck.

So you're saying that Alice Cooper was relying on Johnny Depp for ticket sales?
Cooper has numerous sold out World Tours under his belt and a very loyal fanbase of real music fans.....and he's reliant on Johnny Depp?

However on second thought, now that I've discovered he is a Christian Republican that explains it all.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

I've never heard of this 'cosmetic firm' before this - and I probably still wouldn't have if they'd continued their relationship with Alice Cooper - but now, because of their virtual signalling?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So nothing to do with Alice Cooper then.

Alice is currently doing his own tour and , I think , should be judged on that not on what Johnny Depp does.

It has everything to do with Alice Cooper chiming off about something he has no personal experience or knowledge with, that being what medical treatments transkids need. He should be chiming in about how to apply make up instead.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

There are now mutual funds based on social scores. These social scores are what are motivating it. As this kinds of marxism creeps into our corporations, they become less profit driven.

Ok by me, I'd avoid those mutuals like the plague. Any investment made where profit isn't the top priority is a bad investment.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

It has everything to do with Alice Cooper chiming off about something he has no personal experience or knowledge with, that being what medical treatments transkids need.

So only people with 'personal experience or knowledge' of something should be allowed to express their opinions on specific issues or topics?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

It has everything to do with Alice Cooper chiming off about something he has no personal experience or knowledge with, that being what medical treatments transkids need.

So only people with 'personal experience or knowledge' of something should be allowed to express their opinions on specific issues or topics?

When it comes to transkids wellbeing and healthcare, yes, leave it to those who know the child and the medical professionals expertise.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

As with any of us he has , or should have , the freedom to express his own opinions , it is a basic right in a free society that some would seem to want to erode much to the detriment of our society I think.

If you support free speech you can't support someone being closed down for speaking freely , if people are offended by what he says that is their problem it is not an excuse to sanction him for expressing an opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Absolute bollocks.

I'll speak about what I want, when I want and to who I want.
And everyone else should have the right to do exactly the same.

Who made you the arbiter of who can comment on what and when and why?

I notice you think its perfectly ok for you to comment on any subject you see fit to, yet you would seek to deny others the same right?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Absolute bollocks.

I'll speak about what I want, when I want and to who I want.
And everyone else should have the right to do exactly the same.

Who made you the arbiter of who can comment on what and when and why?

I notice you think its perfectly ok for you to comment on any subject you see fit to, yet you would seek to deny others the same right?

Coopers and others anti-healthcare speech harms transkids, leave these kids alone and let those with knowledge and medical expertise make those calls.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

If you support free speech you can't support someone being closed down for speaking freely , if people are offended by what he says that is their problem it is not an excuse to sanction him for expressing an opinion.

He hasn't been closed down though, has he? You've already said he's doing a tour right now and he's probably saying whatever the heck he wants to on stage each night, and given the views he's expressed there's a chance that some of that is ignorant toeing of the current right wing "culture war" anti-trans line, and that's FINE. It's dumb and ill-informed and leans right into the most obvious grift in a generation but if that's what he wants to say he has every right to.

Thing is, this makeup company have the exact same right to decide they don't want to be associated with what he's putting out there and unhitch themselves from him. That's not sanctions, that's just free speech going both ways.

You're normally pretty good with this stuff, methinks the candle you hold for ol' Alice is getting in the way of seeing it clearly. And that's fine too, we all have our rockstar grandad weak spot. If Ozzy Ozbourne started doing the same thing i'd have difficulty too.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

He hasn't been closed down though, has he? You've already said he's doing a tour right now and he's probably saying whatever the heck he wants to on stage each night, and given the views he's expressed there's a chance that some of that is ignorant toeing of the current right wing "culture war" anti-trans line, and that's FINE. It's dumb and ill-informed and leans right into the most obvious grift in a generation but if that's what he wants to say he has every right to.

Thing is, this makeup company have the exact same right to decide they don't want to be associated with what he's putting out there and unhitch themselves from him. That's not sanctions, that's just free speech going both ways.

You're normally pretty good with this stuff, methinks the candle you hold for ol' Alice is getting in the way of seeing it clearly. And that's fine too, we all have our rockstar grandad weak spot. If Ozzy Ozbourne started doing the same thing i'd have difficulty too.

Bravo.

And BTW people Alice Cooper's opinion has a name, that being "Transmisia":

Transmisia takes many forms. In general, transmisia is any attitude, belief, behavior, or policy that:

stigmatizes or harms trans, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming people;

denies the validity of their identities;

sees them as less human; and/or treats them as less worthy of care and respect.

Examples of transmisia include:

state laws that prevent transgender or nonbinary people from using the restroom that aligns with their gender identity;

federal laws that prevent transgender or nonbinary people from accessing health care or playing sports;

media that stereotypes transgender people as faking, confused, evil, mentally ill, hypersexual, or bad;

repeatedly or intentionally using someone’s wrong name (aka deadnaming) or wrong pronouns or other words (aka misgendering);

policies or efforts to deny transgender and nonbinary people’s access to medical care, including gender-affirming treatments;

trying to compliment a transgender or nonbinary person by insulting transgender people, such as by telling them that they “don’t look trans”;

hurting someone emotionally or physically because of their transgender or nonbinary identity through bullying, abuse, or violence — IRL or online;

outing a trans or nonbinary person;

refusing to sit with, talk to, or work with someone because they're transgender or nonbinary; and use of derogatory language, including slurs.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's your opinion - and you have every right to voice it.
Cooper disagrees and he has every right to voice his.

Again; who made YOU the arbiter of who can express their opinion and when?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids. Leave them alone and Alice stick to what you know best, silly stage antics and female wanna be make up.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids.

You mean like prescribing them cancer causing infertility hormones or cutting off their penis or breasts?
I'm with Alice Cooper and the rest of the sane adults on this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
When it comes to transkids wellbeing and healthcare, yes, leave it to those who know the child and the medical professionals expertise.

People are capable of reading the information and making an informed opinion.
They are allowed to do so.
In this case, his opinion was spot on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join