It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics firm cancels Alice Copper for not having the correct views

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Eh...feelings on transgenderism aside, I think we can all agree that we wouldn't want a spokesperson promoting our product if they didn't share the same vision as laid out in our mission statement. Cooper is entitled to his opinion and is free to state it publicly, but if his statements are viewed as a detriment to sales, then he is hurting the company's bottom line and should be fired, not "canceled", fired. Not that Cooper is hurting for money, but if he wanted to keep this particular gig, then he should have kept silent on his personal feelings; or, as some of yall like to say, "stick to music".

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I'm not going to get into transkids debate here.

This thread is about Alice Cooper expressing HIS opinion about it and him subsequently being dropped by a cosmetics company he had only recently signed a deal with.

Alice Cooper is as much entitled to voice his opinion as you or anyone else is.
And I agree, the company are just as entitled to cancel their agreement.

My point has been exactly what was the companies motivation?
They have achieved far more exposure by cancelling this agreement than they would have had they continued with it.

Oh, and your assumption that for some reason Alice Cooper was reliant on Johnny Depp for ticket sales.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Astyanax
Why would he do that if he didn't need money?

You people are so clueless...

He knew this would happen... he did it on purpose... he was trolling them...

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's your opinion - and you have every right to voice it.
Cooper disagrees and he has every right to voice his.

Again; who made YOU the arbiter of who can express their opinion and when?

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids.

You mean like prescribing them cancer causing infertility hormones or cutting off their penis or breasts?
I'm with Alice Cooper and the rest of the sane adults on this one.

The hormones used appropriately do not cause damage and surgeries are not permitted for kids under 18 years old. C'mon get with the facts.

If you side with Cooper you side with generalizations and transmisia.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Anyone interested in Vampire Cosmetics is probably a goth teen. (A fad that just refuses to die). They are a niche brand and this helps them get notice.

Is this junk sold in Hot Topic? Is Hot Topic still a thing?

Alice needs to just play golf, or maybe run for POTUS again.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The hormones used appropriately do not cause damage ...

That's not true. You have been shown this before. Maybe you should have read it.

Studies have shown that the so-called safe 'puberty blockers' do indeed cause permanent damage to children. Bone density. Brain. Stunted growth. Widening of hips. Permanent voice changes. Infertility. Blood clots. Altered neurodevelopment. Possible connection to high blood pressure and high cholesterol and diabetes.

The common sense thing to do is withhold these drugs from children who think they may be TRANS because most who think they are end up NOT BEING TRANS. Giving these drugs to NONTRANS children just to enable a fad is insane.

Gender Transition Medications and Surgeries for Children in the US

There are significant side effects and limited research on the long-term impacts and efficacy of various treatments used in a GACM of gender dysphoria in children. Patients and parents are advised that the use of puberty blockers in children may be associated with lower bone density, stunted growth, fertility issues, and underdevelopment of genital tissue (Mayo Clinic, 2022; St. Louis Children’s Hospital, n.d.; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Moreover, a study conducted in England demonstrated similar negative side effects, such as lowered bone density and stunted growth, without showing a change in the psychological well-being of the children studied (Carmichael et al., 2021, p. 18; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Cross-sex hormones prescribed to children also demonstrated a plethora of side effects, including blood clots in veins and permanent infertility (CDC, n.d.; NHS England, 2016, p. 8; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Importantly, cross-sex hormones can result in the development of secondary sex characteristics such as the development of breasts in male-to-female patients and deepening of the voice in female-to-male patients that, though desired at the time, are irreversible (NHS England, 2020b; Brown & Stathatos, 2022). Moreover, the neurocognitive effects of pubertal suppression are unknown. International experts are in consensus about the need to assess long-term effects and have stated that: “Taken as a whole, the existing knowledge about puberty and the brain raises the possibility that suppressing sex hormone production during this period could alter neurodevelopment in complex ways—not all of which may be beneficial” (Chen et al. 2020).

St. Louis Childrens Org - Transgender Center - Puberty Blockers

Breast growth, facial hair, voice deepening, widening of hips are all perm.

Using puberty blockers is like hitting a pause button. By blocking the sex hormones testosterone and estrogen, puberty blockers delay changes that can affect gender expression, including:

Breast growth
Facial hair growth
Periods
Voice deepening
Widening hips

New York Times Puberty Blockers

Dutch doctors first offered puberty blockers to transgender adolescents three decades ago, typically following up with hormone treatment to help patients transition. Since then, the practice has spread to other countries, with varying protocols, little documentation of outcomes and no government approval of the drugs for that use, including by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

But there is emerging evidence of potential harm from using blockers, according to reviews of scientific papers and interviews with more than 50 doctors and academic experts around the world.

The drugs suppress estrogen and testosterone, hormones that help develop the reproductive system but also affect the bones, the brain and other parts of the body.

Whistle Blower - Kids 'gender clinic'

“Being put on powerful doses of testosterone or estrogen — enough to try to trick your body into mimicking the opposite sex — affects the rest of the body,” she wrote. “I doubt that any parent who’s ever consented to give their kid testosterone (a lifelong treatment) knows that they’re also possibly signing their kid up for blood pressure medication, cholesterol medication, and perhaps sleep apnea and diabetes.”

She added, “Our patients were told about some side effects, including sterility. But after working at the center, I came to believe that teenagers are simply not capable of fully grasping what it means to make the decision to become infertile while still a minor.”

edit on 8/28/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I moved on from that theory. He is a Christian Republican, obviously with too much time on his hands.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

. He is a Christian Republican, obviously with too much time on his hands.

Yeah .. how dare a straight white Republican christian male read information and give his opinion on something that is in the news frequently? eh? Gotta' love the notorious 'woke tolerance' on display here.
edit on 8/28/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Alice Cooper isn't Goth.
The cosmeticas might be used by them, I don't know and to be honest I don't really care.

The very fact that we are here discussing this company is proof of how beneficial it has been for the company to cancel their agreement with Cooper.
If they'd just continued with it would any of us here been aware of their existence?

edit on 28/8/23 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm not going to get into transkids debate here.

This thread is about Alice Cooper expressing HIS opinion about it and him subsequently being dropped by a cosmetics company he had only recently signed a deal with.

Alice Cooper is as much entitled to voice his opinion as you or anyone else is.
And I agree, the company are just as entitled to cancel their agreement.

My point has been exactly what was the companies motivation?
They have achieved far more exposure by cancelling this agreement than they would have had they continued with it.

Oh, and your assumption that for some reason Alice Cooper was reliant on Johnny Depp for ticket sales.

Cooper's speech was entirely about transkids and his speech is harming them by attacking their reality and calling it a 'fad' and that they don't need healthcare.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Yeah .. how dare a straight white Republican christian male read information and give his opinion on something that is in the news frequently? eh? Gotta' love the notorious 'woke tolerance' on display here.

What information did he read? lol Obviously nothing because he got it all wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cooper's speech was entirely about transkids and his speech is harming them by attacking their reality and calling it a 'fad' and that they don't need healthcare.

It IS a fad for most of the kids who call themselves TRANS. You really should read the stats and information that has been provided on numerous threads. Most kids who say they are TRANS ... are not. Given time they change their minds. FAD! And giving so called 'TRANS health care' to NONTRANS kids is a bad thing!

What information did he read? lol Obviously nothing because he got it all wrong.

The same information everyone else is reading and hearing on the news. And no, he isn't wrong. He got it right. You'd know that if you'd read the statistics on how many of these alleged 'TRANS' kids are actually TRANS.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The type of news biased people watch feed into their bias. Anyway the true science is there for anyone with enough courage to find it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The type of news biased people watch feed into their bias. Anyway the true science is there for anyone with enough courage to find it.

damn you have went after the guy from every angle. what specific part of his quote is wrong? Do you always go after someone who disagrees with you? I guess agree to disagree is not a thing with you.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: keenmachine

damn you have went after the guy from every angle. what specific part of his quote is wrong? Do you always go after someone who disagrees with you? I guess agree to disagree is not a thing with you.

It's not a 'fad' and generalizing this and saying they don't need healthcare harms transkids .

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Absolute bollocks.

I'll speak about what I want, when I want and to who I want.
And everyone else should have the right to do exactly the same.

Who made you the arbiter of who can comment on what and when and why?

I notice you think its perfectly ok for you to comment on any subject you see fit to, yet you would seek to deny others the same right?

Well posted sir

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Not really following this in the real world are you??

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's your opinion - and you have every right to voice it.
Cooper disagrees and he has every right to voice his.

Again; who made YOU the arbiter of who can express their opinion and when?

When anyone has anti-healthcare opinions for transkids that is harming those kids. Leave them alone and Alice stick to what you know best, silly stage antics and female wanna be make up.

Your against harming kids?
Who knew?
Super life advocate!
Well done!

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Not really following this in the real world are you??

Of course I am in the real world, my real scientific world not Cooper's Christian Republican fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

No more mister nice guy…..
No more mister clean…

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join