It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics firm cancels Alice Copper for not having the correct views

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga
On the bright side of things, this will probably bring more attention, to both of them, than they ever would have gotten from the spokesman deal.

Alice Cooper doesn't need anymore fame. He is famous enough but his credibility and integrity have exponentially increased by just stating the obvious. Something others won't do because they don't want to go against the flow and upset the LGBTQ+ community.

The problem is with the small company that has become famous but for the very wrong reasons!

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

yes, it's because the prevailing attitude of the general population has been similar to that espoused in this thread; trans people are mutants and sickos and they're faking it and they should be incarcerated or destroyed. Oddly enough, not a lot of people make it to 60 fighting those sorts of currents.

Or maybe it's due to the refusal of the trans community (with the backing of woke dems) to accept any nuanced thoughts which go against the monolith/unilateral accepted thought, even when it comes to its own members, leaving people feeling isolated even among peers.
Kidding, I don't use guilt and shame and threats to bludgeon people who don't share my opinion.

It's more likely the effects of a lifetime on pharma drugs.
edit on 29-8-2023 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

I had to look up Jazz Jennings after watching the video; I was convinced it was a parody.

WOW! What an eye-opener is all I can say. I had no idea things had progressed to this level! Color me dumbstruck.

I always thought the pain from mental anguish was meant to trigger internal thought so we can process and treat the direct cause. I felt long-term use of antidepressants and psychotropic drugs just dulls the mind, eases the pain and allows us to nurture the problem at a deeper, subconscious level while doing nothing to correct the cause......maybe it's time I re-thought my stance.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Surely both parties have a right to walk away from each other if their views dont align

Whats the issue?

Alice Cooper has not been cancelled, he is still performing and it wil make little to no difference to his outstanding career

The cosmetic company has also ensured its customers feel the chosen sponsors align with the company values

I dont get how some people seek outrage over such minor things

Oh it was on Foxnews, designed to cause outrage and guess what it sucked in those gullible minds, once again

roll on tomorrows outrage, which has zero effect on anyones daily lives other than some people get their pantys in a bunch

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
Surely both parties have a right to walk away from each other if their views dont align

Whats the issue?

Alice Cooper has not been cancelled, he is still performing and it wil make little to no difference to his outstanding career

The cosmetic company has also ensured its customers feel the chosen sponsors align with the company values

I dont get how some people seek outrage over such minor things

Oh it was on Foxnews, designed to cause outrage and guess what it sucked in those gullible minds, once again

roll on tomorrows outrage, which has zero effect on anyones daily lives other than some people get their pantys in a bunch

You're trying hard as I see to downplay the incident. But you've missed the point (deliberately I would say) and try to excuse the behaviour by a small woke company that made themselves very famous but for the very wrong reasons.

No it isn't. It's your whataboutism tactics that have zero effect in trying to excuse the actions of the Vampyre lesbians

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Not sure you know what the term whataboutism means

I know you love buzzwords

Please highlight my example of whataboutism

Then perhaps I’ll accept anything else you said in your reply was worth listening to

Edit
And I never heard of the company until you posted the story , imagine that you have done some sort of promotional work on there behalf
edit on 000000p3111America/Chicago829202328 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I find myself wondering who's forcing these companies to go woke, and for what purpose? Why are companies being deliberately destroyed?

Anheuser-Busch may have been the first, but it doesn't appear it will be the last. Are TPTB trying to prove they can make us submit to anything they choose to force on us? Or are they in the process of consolidating all manufacturing to move it under gov. control?

This is what I’m seeing as well. It seems scripted, per say. I don’t know whom is writing it though, good guys or bad guys.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: nugget1
I find myself wondering who's forcing these companies to go woke, and for what purpose? Why are companies being deliberately destroyed?

Anheuser-Busch may have been the first, but it doesn't appear it will be the last. Are TPTB trying to prove they can make us submit to anything they choose to force on us? Or are they in the process of consolidating all manufacturing to move it under gov. control?

This is what I’m seeing as well. It seems scripted, per say. I don’t know whom is writing it though, good guys or bad guys.

Since they're hiding from view and money's involved, my guess is the bad guys.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
which go against the monolith/unilateral accepted thought

you might begin having a sliver of a point, if the "monolith/unilateral accepted thought" you're railing against wasn't "trans people do exist, aren't automatically groomers, and aren't possessed by demons".
Unfortunately that IS the hill we're still battling on so.... yeah damn hey

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

a reply to: AlienBorg

Not sure you know what the term whataboutism means

I know you love buzzwords

Please highlight my example of whataboutism

Then perhaps I’ll accept anything else you said in your reply was worth listening to

Edit
And I never heard of the company until you posted the story , imagine that you have done some sort of promotional work on there behalf

Trying to excuse the actions of the company isn't wise or trying to defend child mutilations and 'gender affirming care' for minors.

The company has recently had a lot of fame and attention but for all the wrong reasons. I am not the one who has done promotional work for them btw. They decided to go woke and we all know what happens when you go woke...

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

The poster to whom you were responding wasn't saying trans people don't exist, that they are groomers, or that they are possessed by demons. What they wrote is that hormone therapy has some horrible side effects which are glossed over by doctors/the trans community in general.
Which is why Alice Cooper and many others know that adults should not be pushing these on kids.

(post by UpThenDown removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

dont get how some people seek outrage over such minor things

Really? Is this a minor thing?!
A company supporting the LGBTQ+ propaganda as well as what it comes as part of the package like hormones, 'puberty blockers', and child mutilations, for the wonderful 'gender affirming care' that you seem not to have a problem with. As the matter of fact you said in the same post of yours in an effort to downplay the incident further

No it's wasn't on Foxnews. It was covered by a number of news outlets and it's all over the internet.

Trying to downplay the incident and excuse the company for their behaviour is the same as giving support to whoever believes in 'gender affirming care' (the company in this case) and support for them means support for hormones, 'blockers', and child mutilations, in the name of the most strange ideology.

They have made themselves famous but for the very wrong reasons. They went woke! We know what is happening when these ccompanies decide to go woke.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The poster to whom you were responding wasn't saying trans people don't exist, that they are groomers, or that they are possessed by demons.

are we in the same thread? are we on the same site? can you genuinely honestly tell me you think this is not the tenor of discussion around trans people in these parts these days?

What they wrote is that hormone therapy has some horrible side effects which are glossed over by doctors/the trans community in general.

yes, that IS what they wrote. and to back up their thesis they provided
1) two videos of old men talking about the sort of troubles that old men get
2) one video of a teen that has been taken wildly out of context and is used as a common "think of the children" gotcha by the right but in fact ignores and goes against everything the teen herself has actually said.

So...... not exactly compelling, hey? Yes, medicine sometimes has adverse side effects for some people. As i stated in my first reply [that you have conveniently glossed over], that is why we have doctors. To navigate what works and what doesn't work for individuals to figure out a best course of treatment. How have we come to the point where i have to talk about medicine like i'm explaining to a five year old?

Which is why Alice Cooper and many others know that adults should not be pushing these on kids.

i mean, you COULD listen to respected institutions like the Endocrine Society or the Pediatric Society, where hundreds of serious-minded, dedicated people have spent decades working on the best and most nuanced way to approach the topic and come up with a result that is at LEAST as effective as any other area of medicine, and you COULD listen to an actual trans person with more than a decade of successful treatment and who is part of a vibrant community of people with similarly positive experience who could tell you IN DEPTH about how it works and why.....

OR you could listen to the shock jock who wrote "school's out for ever" in the 70's.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The poster to whom you were responding wasn't saying trans people don't exist, that they are groomers, or that they are possessed by demons.

are we in the same thread? are we on the same site? can you genuinely honestly tell me you think this is not the tenor of discussion around trans people in these parts these days?

What they wrote is that hormone therapy has some horrible side effects which are glossed over by doctors/the trans community in general.

yes, that IS what they wrote. and to back up their thesis they provided
1) two videos of old men talking about the sort of troubles that old men get
2) one video of a teen that has been taken wildly out of context and is used as a common "think of the children" gotcha by the right but in fact ignores and goes against everything the teen herself has actually said.

So...... not exactly compelling, hey? Yes, medicine sometimes has adverse side effects for some people. As i stated in my first reply [that you have conveniently glossed over], that is why we have doctors. To navigate what works and what doesn't work for individuals to figure out a best course of treatment. How have we come to the point where i have to talk about medicine like i'm explaining to a five year old?

i mean, you COULD listen to respected institutions like the Endocrine Society or the Pediatric Society, where hundreds of serious-minded, dedicated people have spent decades working on the best and most nuanced way to approach the topic and come up with a result that is at LEAST as effective as any other area of medicine, and you COULD listen to an actual trans person with more than a decade of successful treatment and who is part of a vibrant community of people with similarly positive experience who could tell you IN DEPTH about how it works and why.....

OR you could listen to the shock jock who wrote "school's out for ever" in the 70's.

There are no transgender people as nobody can transition between genders, it's physically impossible. Transgenderism is mostly a baseless ideology making the most impossible claims in the face of stupidity.

Gender dysphoria is a real mental health condition the trans lobby tries to take advantage of by equating with transexualism. Absolute nonsense pushed by gender ideologues and trans activists.

People who believe they're the other gender are deluded massively and need psychotherapy. Gender dysphoria or any other mental health issues cannot be treated with hormones, blockers, and body part mutilations. 'Gender affirming care' is a serious form of child abuse and the laws should be very strict.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hmmm
Amazing how freedom of speech absolutely fires these people up

Yep dude had opinion
The “tolerant” people dint like it and fired him

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hope he sues them for breach of contract and costs them the business.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

So someone can accuse me off defending child mutlilation but i cant retort in the same manner

I would like the above posters claim to be validated by him or it should also be removed

my favourite bit about this whole thing is the repeated claims that they'll have a discussion with anyone "sane", but throughout the thread demonstrate that simply believing trans people aren't child-eating monsters gets you immediately labelled "insane". So they get to keep up this facade of decency and respect, but wouldn't you know it, only crazies disagree with them! and they don't have to show sources or be polite to crazy people, they're just politely waiting for a reasonable debate here. it's wild to see in realtime and it's so transparent.

it would be pretty funny if every baseless and fearmongering claim about trans people they couldn't prove got removed though, fully half the posts on this site in the last two years would disappear in a second 😂

Since you're talking about baseless things...
Baseless is the entire transgender ideology btw.

The burden of proof is to those who suggest there are millions of genders, humans can transition between genders, sex isn't binary, and people need hormones, blockers, and body part mutilations to become happy and prosperous.

You understand how ridiculous the above are?? No wonder why Alice Cooper and a number of other famous figures have called out the trans ideology.

But it doesn't seem to be doing well.
Lately more blows delivered to the trans lobby when Missouri and North Carolina banned 'gender affirming care' for minors. And... even chess banned transwomen from female chess. competitions

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join