It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who say God doesn't exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

Jesus had one message for His followers
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So Hindu gods are in actual fact Christianity's demons?

Islam's god is also your god but because they don't accept Jesus as nothing more than a prophet they are doomed?

And your god's chosen people, the Jews, are "unchosen" now because they don't accept Jesus as their lord and savior?

The Abrahamic God first appeared on the scene a few thousand years ago.

Modern humans appeared about 200,000 years ago.

What am I missing here?

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Jesus had one message for His followers
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”[/quote

That was Paul speaking to the believers in Galatia. They were seeking to be justified by the law. Paul was saying we are justified by faith.
Jesus said we need to be born again. Born of Spirit. The fruit of the Spirit can only be produced in those born of the Spirit.
In order for the fruit of the Spirit to be produced in a us, we must deny ourselves, put our flesh to death and take up our cross daily. It is the fight that is the walk of the true disciples of Christ. It’s not something we can do by ourselves. There is no place for arrogance.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

What you're missing my friend is the fact that this is coming from a positive feedback loop of a human's brain piece.

This human brain has been programmed to believe in a single "sky Santa" that is vengeful and all knowing. There are other "sky Santas" buuuuut somehow some way this brain had been given the advantage of knowing their parents' "sky Santa" MUST be the correct one.

The selfish human mind after it finally turns inward in itself paints the picture of perfection when dealing with religious faith.

"Of course, my god is the only god, I wouldn't follow any FALSE god. My god has assured me that they're the only one I need to worry about and those that don't believe, they must have a defect or the brain or of capacity of faith. My goodness how awful it must be to not have God, to be damned for all eternity and be so unaware of how damned you are....I take pity on these zombies that have no soul"

This is the world they come from, they pat themselves on the back for every inch of bullspit they bury themselves under. The more they dig their own grave they more proud they are and the further away real human connection gets, therefore you must start to dehumanize the unfaithful, especially if you're a lazy @$$ that has not the effort to proselytize to "SAVE" others.

When the dehumanizing begins realize that is a step toward fascism, when all of a sudden a group of people that are just trying to live their lives becomes LESS THAN HUMAN for any reason that can be cooked up by one of the "FAITHFUL" just remember that is hell on earth, and we are near. If you want to believe God gives you the power to end the lifestyle choice or just the life of another human being, you are writing your own story now, and GOD IS NEVER ON YOUR SIDE.

GOD IS DEAD, HES NOT COMING, HE NEVER CAME, ANYTHING HE EVER SAID TO YOU IS YOUR OWN BRAIN. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS AND HAVE FAITH IN HUMAN KIND. HUMANS INVENTED YOUR ALL POWERFUL GOD, SO THEREFORE YOU LOVE HUMANS

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

To be fair no Christian has ever treated me as less than human.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I don’t think that first post showed any Fruit of the Holy Spirit either Lucius, hence my reply to the op.
It’s one thing to call oneself a Christian but it’s another to be a Christian by living the fruit, for someone just saying “I am a Christian” and not showing Christ’s love is an indication a person is not on the right path
The op does not sound like he is on the right path

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don’t think that first post showed any Fruit of the Holy Spirit either Lucius, hence my reply to the op.
It’s one thing to call oneself a Christian but it’s another to be a Christian by living the fruit, for someone just saying “I am a Christian” and not showing Christ’s love is an indication a person is not on the right path
The op does not sound like he is on the right path

Some people say there is no God. When you ask them why they think so they say there is no proof and therefore he doesn't exist. They say to be convinced there is no god. So what does that mean? People seem to have a hard time acknowledgeing god's existence, or even no time at all. That's not beneficient to a community.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Well said, nugget1. Happy Saturday

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

The Question itself? Great one.

Many years back in the 60's, it was positioned as this:
If a person can reach down, grab dirt, twigs, sticks, mud...blow on it, watch it turn into a bird and fly away? OK. Otherwise? HeSheTheyThemIt(*)...can! Whatever your Supreme anything is to you.

Dunno, but just 1 of billions and billions of separate creations..it boggles the mind!

*I walk in the Light. Jesus is my Personal Savior. MS

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What you describe is faith itself. People either have it or not.

There's no problem between the two, until one side starts pointing finger and labeling them non beneficial to the community. Like you just did.

Pagan here, enjoy Christmas and Easter, xoxo.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I couldn't care less, honestly.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I didn't really touch on good or evil which I'm sure are constructs around the notion of right and wrong which is subjective to the individual. I'm sure that crosses species too.

Andy my point was there's all sorts of crap people tell you matters that necessarily doesn't.

As to war being natural, well no other animal in nature wages war on one another in the same to similar manner humans do.

Non have ever been capable of passing knowledge like us, plenty of creatures practice war like traits like us. Ants and other hive critters can commit genocide, cats, dolphins, corvids and whales kill for fun and, well... Generally the animal kingdom is nuts highly untrusting and rarely forgiving.

I'm under no illusions that any creature given our capabilities and lesser or an equal mind would do equally stupid stuff. What temperament do you think we evolved from?

Humans through require a modicum of rules to be in place down to the fact that we are social animals and without rules or concepts like good and evil anarchy prevails and survival of the fittest is the colour of our day.

The rules can be rather loose and inherent, seems we got along a lot better with more tribe and less civilization. Or should I say that ancestor worship inspired a lot less violence than pantheon or monotheism worship... Maybe even animism?

Anthropology and archeological data would seem to suggest that?

I like a cosy warm blanket too, a place, a direction and a purpose naturally fills that spot... In no way am I piss potting the idea of spirituality nor even the attempts of defining it what I am saying is there's many ways to go about it.

Including grazing mushrooms with the tribe and dancing around the fire naked. Maybe some interpret the shadows too far?

Again IDK, nobody does. There's ways we can trace it though.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I voted for Biden 4 times and I'm not even American.

It was an example, there's many more victims of Christianity like other religions for example alas I offered to scrutinize them too.

Your conclusions are faulty and misleading.

Please point out the flaws. Bearing in mind all atrocities are carried out by individuals yet often enough historically these were backed by Christian institutes and church-backed officialdom.

There's mountains of paper work to go with my claims, including archeological data and well established historical data.
edit on 13-8-2022 by RAY1990 because: Autocorrect

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Irrelevant to what Jesus taught to His followers
Fruit of the Spirit is an application to be existentialised into practice, living as called to by Christ
Jesus taught His followers to love, demanding, condemning and belittling others for their choice is not love

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Fruit of the Spirit is an application to be existentialised into practice, living as called to by Christ
Jesus taught His followers to love, demanding, condemning and belittling others for their choice is not love

What fruit is saying God doesn't exist?

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

It might be true the op is not so much a fruit of the holy spirit. I was pretty annoyed with people reacting online (not here) to my posts, them saying God doesn't exist and labeling me a fool for believing he does.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

I shouldn't get so annoyed easily but you know, it hurts when I get triggered into this circular reasoning and perhaps I should not reason at all with this people about God and just have my faith. It's too bad these people hold these kind of offensive convitions about God though painting them all over the internet.

All things are possible to him who believes.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They say believing in God you can't have critical thinking skills and use logic. I guess I'll have to have faith and do what God wants me to do and so I won't need any critical thinking skills or logic to feed the hungry, be kind and to heal.

I guess I misunderstood, that they were saying I am stupid for believing in God, but I should know better.

Though when in a conversation and suddenly that crap is getting mentioned it's like you get that knife in the back. Some people are better left alone, I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Too bad their critical thinking skills and logic only make them toxic persons to be around with.

Sorry for your loss. I guess your hate stands in the way for us to be friends and build up this community.
edit on 14-8-2022 by Untun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join